Shadowclaimer

[Guide] Comprehensive Guide to Dyes and Dye Collections [Contains Splotches for dye color comparison!]

Started a guide this morning for all of the Housing Challenges, it evolved into Dye Collections and into single Dyes and now its pushing into all challenges.

So here you guys go, a comprehensive guide to the Dye Collections, Dyes, Housing Challenges, and more! Constantly being updated as more information comes out. If you enjoy the guide like the post or consider tipping me through the methods mentioned in the introduction.

Without further ado, here's the guide:

• Like 2

IceFury   

I particularly like the housing challenges rewards, and the dye collection entries. The dye colors are also quite useful. I approve of this guide! it really merits more attention.

IceFury   

"Spacetime Blue Dye" purple rarity, obtained from boombox.

I noticed boombox does not get a special mention or category of its own aside from that one note saying its not a reliable source of dyes, perhaps it isnt, but it MUST be included in this guide, because there is (to my understanding) several dyes exclusive to the boombox, which ones i do not know, there are a few "primals" that i think are, this Spacetime Blue dye may be exclusive to boomboxes ... maybe.

Its not appearing there are any exclusive to the Boom Box, almost every dye that's been reported from the boom box has been found elsewhere, and so far no one seems to have provided me any evidence to the contrary. Boom Boxes can include items from a very, very large list including almost (if not every) dye.

The only two "exclusive" dyes found to date that don't seem to be obtainable in-game without an outside method is the Digital Deluxe set of dyes.

Also Spacetime Blue drops from Pouch as well.

Gedi   

Shadowclaimer, just sent you a form msg with my info to see about getting those last dye swatches filled.  I have most of em, not all though.

Also bumping for awesome! I use the google doc all the time and haven't found any errors yet.  Thanks for this. Hopefully someone can or has thrown you some paypal love for it =)

Edit: I noticed we're getting slightly different values for the hex swatches. Here's what I'm doing:  using the addon ListDyes, I'm bringing up a window with the colors in the game, then screenshotting it to a png, opening in chrome, and using the Eyedropper addon to grab the hex codes to the clipboard for speed.   I don't know enough about color management to say for certain I"m using the 'correct' values, although I did confirm my method is matching the notes a couple users left in the empty swatches.  I'm not changing any of the ones you already filled in, but I'm happy to if you want me to.  Or, someone tell me if my method is introducing errors.  Is there a way to grab them straight from the game files maybe?