RockCandy

Episode Quest not continuing

I was running through Celestion and completing all the zone related episode quests, but I noticed, after every quest, that I never finished the Woodhaven episode because Doom's Sting never popped up. Any tips on what to do or is this a bug?

Mikaeli   

From what I can tell "Doom's Sting" is a quest given from a drop by Doomsting in Pollenberry Grove, although when my group killed him yesterday there was no loot?! I don't know if it's bugged - I will try him again today just to see. Good luck :)

*Tried again and still no loot or dropped quest. Very frustrating. I'm certain he is meant to drop something called "Doomsting Stinger" which begins the quest: http://www.jabbithole.com/items/doomsting-stinger-17621-36s3x2

Edited by Mikaeli

Astiel   

I tried during Beta to kill him, but I couldn't get him to come down, and couldn't figure out how to get over to him.... any suggestions on how? is it just a timed descent from him?

I was running through Celestion and completing all the zone related episode quests, but I noticed, after every quest, that I never finished the Woodhaven episode because Doom's Sting never popped up. Any tips on what to do or is this a bug?

From what I can tell "Doom's Sting" is a quest given from a drop by Doomsting in Pollenberry Grove, although when my group killed him yesterday there was no loot?! I don't know if it's bugged - I will try him again today just to see. Good luck :)

*Tried again and still no loot or dropped quest. Very frustrating. I'm certain he is meant to drop something called "Doomsting Stinger" which begins the quest: http://www.jabbithole.com/items/doomsting-stinger-17621-36s3x2

Doomsting does indeed drop the item for the quest. Unfortunately, he's bugged at the moment -- we're looking into the issue. Thanks for the reports and your patience during this time.  :)

styrm   

I also experience that the zone story/world story/regional story DID NOT continue after i have finished all of them. THen i started to look on my task quests....i have ALOT as I never do them...I found one that looked like: go and talk to this person etc...i did and that started to next story quest line..

DO WATCH out...some of the story quests is under the *cupcake* task quest title that most sane ppl skip....just a heads up!

I hope it's not rude to post months after the last person, but I'm struggling with this too. Perhaps I have offended Mr./Ms. Bee with my wanton murdering, and in revenge they have sworn to forever withhold their stinging implement from my unworthy grasp? :(

KatMR   

I suspect it may be on again/off again. As in, it gets fixed, but somehow gets broken, then fixed again. I think I was able to do this quest sometime in 2016.

If you haven't already used the in game bug report system via the UI, doing that will send a report to the Support Team.
Sending a separate report using the /bug chatbox command will send a report to the QA Team.

If this isn't working again, QA should know about it.

Also, try killing him again after Wednesday's server reset. Sometimes things that stop working revert to working again after server resets.

Edited by KatMR

KatMR   

Sorry to hear that. Do submit a QA Report and Support Ticket, but do note that due to the holiday season this will likely not be actioned until the new year.

From December 13 until January 2 the Devs will be hunkering down for a brief Winter break

Source

Fafhred   

When arriving in that area for the first time, 2 green markers for quests reporting are immediately available, neither having a matching quest start, nor being listed in the Codex.

One of those 2 gives some basic explanations about Doomsting, and has a surveybot nearby, which can be repeatedly activated to get a panoramic view of the are; a nearby lore book on the floor gives a lot more information.

Doing either of those could be a hidden condition for the stinger to drop, however none of this seem to help with getting it.

The stinger is listed at Jabbithole as having a 10% drop chance, assuming it is not bugged on top of that (therefore rare even if not bugged).

Doomsting respawns after about 5 minutes, therefore it can reasonably be camped to try to get his stinger; it does not always have the exact same loop path, apparently it can take 1 of 2 similar paths when it respawns.

- Both paths make a large loop around the giant cage; both paths go closer to the ground on the north side of the cage, and Doomsting can usually be attacked from there by a player on the ground (in some some cases it will even aggro without being attacked).

- Sometimes, it cannot be attacked from the ground; in this case a higher spot can be reached to attack it: you have to climb up rocks near the giant cage (just south of it on the map), up the side of the cage, then higher rocks, then a tricky double jump followed on contact with the slope by a 3rd jump, to land on the flat surface of a branch which is on or near its path.

- When Doomsting spawned on its other path, it cannot be attacked from the high branch (does not come close enough, instead of directly on it), therefore it is simpler to camp the lower location when arriving there.

I am currently camping Doomsting with 1 of my characters (50+ kills so far, no stinger yet); about half the times, the kill does not drop anything at all (not even grey items).

I just killed it enough times, starting right after maintenance, to be sure that this is not one of those bugs which a maintenance fixes temporarily.

I also reminded QA about this (and another long time bug) through /bug.

I will update this post again whenever I get it, or when I reach 100 kills without getting it.

Edited by Fafhred

KatMR   

Hoping the previous post will assist others attempting quest completion.