Sunshine

1.7.8 Game Update Notes - 26 September 2018

Sunshine   
  • General
    • All accounts have been granted automatic WildStar Signature benefits—you'll be able to take full advantage of these perks simply by logging into the game and playing.
      • For those whom already had an active membership, please see the WildStar website for news and details regarding our WildStar Sunset Refund Policy.
  • The Primal Matrix
    • Crimson, Cobalt, and Viridian Essence rewards have been increased! World Bosses now have a permanent fifteenfold reward multiplier and all other content types that award essence have a permanent fivefold multiplier.
    • Violet Essence rewards have been increased.
    • The 5–day content refresh for Violet Essence has been removed. Content that awards Violet Essence now refresh at the same frequency as other content.
  • World Events
    • Phineas T. Rotostar has dropped two fancy new Protostar-brand concoctions:
      • The Farside Fizzer, available in the spaceports of Illium and Thayd. We’ve heard it’s quite out of this world – literally – as it’ll make you lighter than air.
      • Buoyant Builder's Brew, available from your housing skyplot! Used by seasoned city architects, it’ll give you a bird’s-eye view of your housing plot.
  • Economy
    • C.R.E.D.D. Exchange
      • The C.R.E.D.D. Exchange market has been permanently disabled and its associated access points removed, such as speaking with the city NPC or through the main menu. With this change, the trading or consumption of C.R.E.D.D. will no longer be possible.
        • For those with C.R.E.D.D. or have recently purchased C.R.E.D.D., please see the WildStar website for news and details regarding our WildStar Sunset Refund Policy.
    • In-Game Store
      • Protobucks and Signature memberships can no longer be purchased from within the game and all functions, including UI buttons, have been permanently disabled.
      • All In-Game Store offerings now have an Omnibit price, including formerly limited items such as the Level 50 Character Boost.
      • A number of time-limited and seasonal offerings have returned to the In-Game Store! Check out the catalog for your favorite items.
    • Omnibits
      • The Omnibit drop rate has increased substantially.
      • The Omnibit weekly cap has been increased up to 100,000 for all account types!
    • Madame Fay's Fortunes
      • Madame Fay has refreshed her seasonal stockpile and retro-themed items have returned.
    • Items
      • The global item level cap has been raised to 250 -- it's time to conquer the galaxy with your newfound power!
  • Dungeons
    • The base item level of gear drops in Dungeons and Expeditions has been increased, per Prime Tier, by 25 item levels.
    • The base item level of gear drops in Raids have been increased, per Prime Tier, by 50 item levels.
    • "Ish'amel the Bloodied" and an "Arcterra Emissary" now wait in the spaceports of Illium and Thayd, to help you become "Beloved" with the Bloodied and Arcterra factions, respectively.
  • User Interface
    • Provided DE and FR text for several previously untranslated strings.
    • Several game client error messages have been updated.

Meow there~

About last event. Will it be only NA? Or EU as well? And will it be both Exile and Dominion, or only Dominion as on CBT closure?

Thank you Wildstar for all the good memories. You will be missed.

Naunet   

It's hard to type through the tears in my eyes right now. While I've been wanting some kind of update as to WildStar's closing plans, seeing the news post and these Update Notes hit me like a sledgehammer. It's actually happening.

Some people will say it's stupid to get so emotionally worked up over a video game, but I've poured my heart and soul into living this world and my characters since 2011. I'm so sorry it's come to this, and I wish all of those involved the very best.

• Sad 1

ebp   

Can you add these mounts Uniblade(Infrared) and Marauder Starsloop

@Sunshine Could you guys please add the Artifact level items ("pinks"), that drop from Avatus to the game store? Some people still want to get them and the drop rate is rather low.

Edit: Also the PVP seasonal costume rewards (Gladiator's Marks) have been requested by some people.

Edited by SteveKappa
  • Like 2

EsperXIV   

Seeing that builder's brew added in the final update for a closing game... it's like a slap in the face. Why could that not have been added in when people were actually requesting such a function years ago? It's no use to us now!

*sighs*

Typical in some ways. Still, sad to see the game go and I wish you folks the best. Have a great holiday and good luck with the job searches. :]

Naunet   
1 minute ago, iamgodandyoudie said:

Honestly, could you guys just put Bev-O-Loot into Thayd and Illium so we could at least screw around for the next two months then.

This would be hugely appreciated!

Sunshine   
2 hours ago, SteveKappa said:

@Sunshine Could you guys please add the Artifact level items ("pinks"), that drop from Avatus to the game store? Some people still want to get them and the drop rate is rather low.

Edit: Also the PVP seasonal costume rewards (Gladiator's Marks) have been requested by some people.

Sadly, changing dropped items to store items takes some development work which isn't likely to happen. I can work with Octavia about the drop rate but there are no promises that we can change it. We'll do our best though.

7 minutes ago, iamgodandyoudie said:

Honestly, could you guys just put Bev-O-Loot into Thayd and Illium so we could at least screw around for the next two months then.

I'll see if it's at all possible.

Dekker3D   
9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Sadly, changing dropped items to store items takes some development work which isn't likely to happen. I can work with Octavia about the drop rate but there are no promises that we can change it. We'll do our best though.

You could make some specific normal mobs drop those artefacts? The economy of the game is going to be a mess anyway, with the omnibit and iLevel changes.

Jedun   
4 hours ago, Zthulhu said:

It's the end of the world, and I feel fine

Fixed. Though lets be serious this is pretty heavy moment for a lot of us. Like damn we actually have a final date, hard to really put my sentiments in words.

1 hour ago, WishBreaker said:

They didn't disable the kill barriers so we could explore the world?

"Kill Barrier"?

Are you referring to 'Forbidden' areas?  There are ways around that.

20 hours ago, Sunshine said:

If you do change the drop rate, please also make it drop more. Avatus can only drop 1 Artifact per kill, at around 15% probability of all challanges are done. This is because we only have 8-9 raids left until game shuts down due to the lockout system. A raid has 15-20 people in it, so not everyone will get an Artifact even if they all raid until the game shuts down.

As for the PVP-only costumes, adding an NPC that gives you a ton of gladiator's marks and prestige would be cool! 

Edited by SteveKappa
  • Like 1

Jedun   

Can we at have an extremely high number of RMT tokens per kill (or free whatever is easier). I have the 3/3 rmt set but only with minors. Other question i had to ask, does DS token gear or any type of token get pappyforged up?

Edited by Jedun
another question

Naunet   

I'll admit, I'm a bit sad that I probably won't get a chance to play with RMT rune sets now. :( I suppose I understand, though.

Would be nice not to be blinded by omnibit spam so i could dodge more effeciently.

a90.gif

Edited by Thundraxx

On 9/26/2018 at 11:36 AM, Sunshine said:

You don't have to make it a store item, just mail everyone who's done Datascape at least once one of the item that starts the pink quest.  If someone wants a second pink, then they'd need a random drop (maybe a more likely one, but that's up to you), but giving everyone the chance to try seems like the best way to go.

KatMR   

I've seen people asking for an alternative way to get Gladiator Mark costumes, as well as whether or not the Cosmic Rewards program will reward in-store Omnibit purchases so that we can experience the full tier of rewards before shutdown. I myself had asked about the Cosmic rewards in-game. I can't recall any official feedback, so I thought I'd inquire here. Many thanks!

Posted (edited)

Would it be at all possible to add the Luminous Equivar to ...whatever purchase system it belongs to? I've coveted the filly e'er since I laid eyes on 'er. <3

Was it a Madame Faye thing? Will that be rotated again before sign-off? There are just so many lovely things to be had..

Edited by Cordellia

MrPlibby   

If there is but one thing I would like to request its please, please make the gear drop rate better in expeditions. People are gonna be wanting to try out the classes they may jabe ignored up until now but unfortunately gearing up via the expeditions right now is a slog. Just unfun an so irritating at times. For one can you make assault gear drop more often, ran 15 expeditions in succession and not a single assault gear piece dropped.