Sunshine

[News] WildStar Signing Off November 28

On 10/23/2018 at 9:13 PM, Cubical said:

somebody leak the server code so we can run out own server

I truly wish I could.

Can´t you guys make a standalone game of it, like Warcraft III Reign of Chaos? Or make it still playable without support? The game is to great to just throw it in the garbagebin! I do so love the game and to now that I will never be able to play it again breaks my gaming heart. I love to battle Avatus (my favorite) and all the other unique carracters (and all the humor). 

Please! Make a stand alone versions with expansions. SAVE WILDSTAR!!!

On 10/26/2018 at 1:33 PM, CRB_Pyaray said:

I truly wish I could.

Wasn't there a decision recently by whatever government agency handles that stuff that said preservation of abandoned online games counted as Fair Use instead of copyright infringement?

Edit: In fact, this article specifically calls out Wildstar as a candidate for the MMO preservation effort the Video Game Museum wants to undertake as a result of said ruling (along with City of Heroes, which I know a lot of people also care about).

CRB, is there anything we can do to convince NCSoft to help with this?

Edited by Ekzentric Lohner

Naunet   

That is incredible, Ekzentric. NCSoft, PLEASE! Release the code to the Video Game Museum!!! Holy crap, how do we get in touch with them on a mass scale?

KatMR   

NCSoft, I humbly ask that you consider this. WildStar is a part of your brand, a part of your legacy, and we, the players, your customers, really love WildStar.

I would assume that, like many items displayed in museums, especially in terms of history and culture, items are displayed 'on loan' and remain the legal property of their donors. I don't expect things to be any different here, should you decide to remove it from the museum to... oh I don't know, relaunch the game maybe? : )

It sounds like a chance for more people to fall in love with WildStar, and that means a chance for the game to become a going concern again, which means a chance at a customer base of critical mass, which could be financing for more World Story, dungeons, and raids, to tell the story you wanted WildStar to tell, somewhere down the line. That's a maybe worth going for, I think.

No matter what, I just wanted to say, as the last month comes ever closer:

Thanks very much for WildStar. It was, and will forever be, amazing.

Edited by KatMR

Naunet   

I looked up that Change.org petition again out of curiosity - it has over 6,000 signatures. That's impressive, even if some are duplicate signatures. I'm thinking of contacting the Video Game Museum with a link to the petition and asking for advice/help on contacting NCSoft. I don't really know how to get in touch with the higher ups around here otherwise.

[edit] After making this post, I decided to go ahead and send the e-mail. I'll update if I hear back from The MADE.

[edit2] Wow! Alex Handy replied to me super fast!

Here's my e-mail:

BgVCOps.png

And here's Mr. Handy's response:

mN5Q3KN.png

So! We have at least one person who is going to reach out to them. It's worth noting that Mr. Handy says companies prefer to wait until after the shut down, so if we contact NCSoft now, it would also behoove us to contact them again after Nov 28th. It would still be great if any Carbine dev (what's left of them) could pass our desires up the chain of command, as well. Does anyone know someone who speaks/can write Korean, who could help draft a letter to send to NCSoft?

Edited by Naunet

Around what time of day / hour will the final few hours event take place on the 28th? Kinda need to know whether to take some time off work to be there if needed.

Four years ago I heard about a game that seemed to be everything I wanted in an MMO and, best of all, it was a SPACE WESTERN. I followed all the updates prior to the release, then I realised that I had a problem . . . the game wasn't going to be released for Apple Mac, despite some early rumours saying it would be. This was an issue for me as I only had an Apple and wasn't in the position to get a PC setup. I was devastated. I did manage to get on a PC to play a little bit of the game at release and instantly fell in love. I created a few characters, did some leveling and started on the highly addictive housing. It made me sad that I couldn't play it but I just couldn't work it at that time.

Fast forward to this year. A few months ago as it happens. Finally. Finally I have the gaming PC setup that will let me play all the games I want to, including Wildstar, which I've never forgotten about and have always looked forward to being able to play properly. My handful of characters are still there waiting for me when I log on for the first time and everything is as bright and colourful and awesome as I remembered. Then comes this news. I honestly don't know if I'm sad for never having the chance to really play this game properly or relieved that I didn't invest 4 years into characters that I loved, only to lose them and everything I'd worked for. A bit of both I guess.

Thank you Carbine. I'm sad this has happened. My tree-house city would have been epic. ;)

My chars might never have made it to max level but they'll be there on the last day to say goodbye.

On 07.11.2018 at 1:22 PM, Larcer Etaron said:

Around what time of day / hour will the final few hours event take place on the 28th? Kinda need to know whether to take some time off work to be there if needed.

Yes, would be nice to know how to plan the day! On EU server.

Tad   
On 11/8/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mehetabel said:

Four years ago I heard about a game that seemed to be everything I wanted in an MMO and, best of all, it was a SPACE WESTERN. I followed all the updates prior to the release, then I realised that I had a problem . . . the game wasn't going to be released for Apple Mac, despite some early rumours saying it would be. This was an issue for me as I only had an Apple and wasn't in the position to get a PC setup. I was devastated. I did manage to get on a PC to play a little bit of the game at release and instantly fell in love. I created a few characters, did some leveling and started on the highly addictive housing. It made me sad that I couldn't play it but I just couldn't work it at that time.

Fast forward to this year. A few months ago as it happens. Finally. Finally I have the gaming PC setup that will let me play all the games I want to, including Wildstar, which I've never forgotten about and have always looked forward to being able to play properly. My handful of characters are still there waiting for me when I log on for the first time and everything is as bright and colourful and awesome as I remembered. Then comes this news. I honestly don't know if I'm sad for never having the chance to really play this game properly or relieved that I didn't invest 4 years into characters that I loved, only to lose them and everything I'd worked for. A bit of both I guess.

Thank you Carbine. I'm sad this has happened. My tree-house city would have been epic. ;)

My chars might never have made it to max level but they'll be there on the last day to say goodbye.

Unfortunatly on Mac your limited, and lucky if any online games make it to a Mac computer whereas PC is standard for online gaming, aside from console. Thats how I feel anyways.

Tad   

thats what Im wondering too, because I would like to do a nexus wide evnt b4 the game goes poof.

• Like 1