Sunshine

[News] WildStar Signing Off November 28

Tad   

@NCSoft @Sunshine Why you close Wildstar on my Birthday? lmao Anyways, I will say I am not salty at NCSoft for any wrong doing on their part other than they were doing their job and what they felt was a right business move for them to do. I will say, I had a good ride, met alot of good folks and hope in the distant future that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Wildstar can be purchased from another develoment company that is willing to take it to the heights that it was once capable of. I will, however, be event logging for that final month and half to enjoy the last bit of content before the game goes poof. Thank you NCSoft, and thank you Sunshine for making this awesome game for us to play and enjoy. See you in Guild Wars 2!!! :)

Edited by Tad
  • Like 1

I'm REALLY sad Wildstar is calling it quits. Wildstar I REALLY enjoy playing your game. I put a lot of effort into my characters. But what I will miss the most is the Housing system. I love how you can use your own imagination to make your own skyplot. No other game that I know has that unique feature! Maybe if you could add that housing system to NcSoft so they can use it for their games. People would absolutely LOVE that! And I am sure that would make more people play games on NcSoft. I'm just saying it would be a monumental loss for other NCSoft games. I'm pretty sure they will get a good amount of profit from it as well if it is expanded. Just want to say I LOVE Wildstar and I will keep the memories of fun I had on the game in my heart. Though closing the game makes me want to start crying a lake of sorrow-filled tears. Sorry if I am being overly dramatic. So goodbye Wildstar and I will miss you forever.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 4:00 PM, Sunshine said:

Our adventures on Nexus are coming to an end, and we’ll close the game service for WildStar on November 28.

Hey Sunshine, just wanted to say thanks to you and your team for all your hard work.  This game has been such a bright spot in my life, and I'm super grateful I got to play it for as long as I did.  I also appreciate your team sending us out in style by making so much game content available until the end.  We'll miss you, and we'd sure be interested to know where you and the team end up after Wildstar and if you all decide to work on any new projects.  Also, any idea what Jeff Kurtenacker will be up to?  I'd love to hear some new Kurtenacker music in future games.  Take care!

• Like 1

Sunshine   
41 minutes ago, ikillstuff said:

Hey Sunshine, just wanted to say thanks to you and your team for all your hard work.  This game has been such a bright spot in my life, and I'm super grateful I got to play it for as long as I did.  I also appreciate your team sending us out in style by making so much game content available until the end.  We'll miss you, and we'd sure be interested to know where you and the team end up after Wildstar and if you all decide to work on any new projects.  Also, any idea what Jeff Kurtenacker will be up to?  I'd love to hear some new Kurtenacker music in future games.  Take care!

Thanks so much for the kind words; I can assure you that you all have been a very bright spot on our lives as well. As far as where everyone is going? In an effort to maintain the privacy of many of our teammates, I can't tell you where everyone will land. You can certainly find them on Twitter where many are openly discussing their future adventures in the game industry. I myself am sticking around with NCSOFT as long as they'll have me—working on other games, written community content, and community engagement. :)

16 hours ago, Tad said:

@NCSoft @Sunshine Why you close Wildstar on my Birthday? lmao Anyways, I will say I am not salty at NCSoft for any wrong doing on their part other than they were doing their job and what they felt was a right business move for them to do. I will say, I had a good ride, met alot of good folks and hope in the distant future that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Wildstar can be purchased from another develoment company that is willing to take it to the heights that it was once capable of. I will, however, be event logging for that final month and half to enjoy the last bit of content before the game goes poof. Thank you NCSoft, and thank you Sunshine for making this awesome game for us to play and enjoy. See you in Guild Wars 2!!! :)

Happy Birthday....I guess? It was completely unintentional, but now I'll never forget your birthday!

You're so very welcome and see you in GWII also!

What more can be said that hasn't already been said? Heck of a ride. A roller coaster of ups and downs that were worth every second. I hope everyone takes lots of videos and pictures to remember their journeys before Nexus..... I dunno, blows up because of a Chua thing that happens maybe? Can that be canon?

• Like 2

Roda   

Thank you for giving this wonderful game a kind send-off, I only ask that you give us a couple minutes after the final event, if there is one, to place our characters in their final spots.  Some people have plans to place their characters in special locations / with other people's characters, and I'd hate for them to have to choose between experiencing the final event, and immortalizing their characters' final moments.

• Like 2

Sunshine   
57 minutes ago, Roda said:

Thank you for giving this wonderful game a kind send-off, I only ask that you give us a couple minutes after the final event, if there is one, to place our characters in their final spots.  Some people have plans to place their characters in special locations / with other people's characters, and I'd hate for them to have to choose between experiencing the final event, and immortalizing their characters' final moments.

We'll definitely take that into account. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

Tad   
2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Happy Birthday....I guess? It was completely unintentional, but now I'll never forget your birthday!

GEE... Thanks! XD lol

Also, any chance on giving away any Wildstar garb/merch that may be left in the form of shirts? plushies? that kind of stuff?

Edited by Tad
  • Haha 1

Jayvi   

Well, its dead. Time to go play GW2. I might try blade and soul again too, heard there is a new class released.

I've said some things, some positive, some less so.

Thanks to all the current and former Carbine folks for giving us this world to play around in.  Despite many irritations there was just something about this place that resonated.  May our paths cross again in a future chapter.

Tad   
3 hours ago, Jayvi said:

Well, its dead. Time to go play GW2. I might try blade and soul again too, heard there is a new class released.

Come look for me on the Dragnbrand server: Asura Tad and Exiled Tad. Slip Into Silent Slumber is a pretty good guild if your not in one yet. :)

Edited by Tad

Astoreth   

I really appreciate the generous advance notice -- it gives us plenty of time to arrange going-away parties and other events!

Thank you for all of the hard work you've done. Thank you for all of the memories you've given us.  We all really appreciate you.

Heh, it is near my Birthday too - mine is November, 27th. I hope final event will be colorful enough to make me smile through the tears.

And then, after event, I will go to Halls of the Infinite mind and meet my end there, near corpses of the bosses from THE best designed raid boss fight in any MMO. First kill was amazing, feelings were unbeliavable. I never felt myself that good. System Daemons are the best in making a girl happy.

Near 5.5 or maybe even almost 6 years of playing Wildstar.

Already took a vacation for the end of November, to not miss it.

Cavean   

Will there be any chance that some mysteries of the game's story will be revealed or at least some rough ideas where the game was supposed to be going? (unless they already have been revealed, sorry, I haven't played for a while). I mean, the biggest one, that is - who was it that helped the Archon finish the Protoplasmic Generator and created Entity in Genesis Prime/Drusera and spelled doom for the Eldan?

Or, in other words:

what exactly went wrong in the Nexus Project.

hmmm... funny, now that Wildstar is closing its story is almost like a prophetic allegory of the history of the game itself....

Edited by Cavean

BiggyZ   

Can't WildStar be given to someone else, that way it doesn't need to die? This is one of the best games I've ever played, and it should get to live.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cavean said:

Will there be any chance that some mysteries of the game's story will be revealed or at least some rough ideas where the game was supposed to be going? (unless they already have been revealed, sorry, I haven't played for a while). I mean, the biggest one, that is - who was it that helped the Archon finish the Protoplasmic Generator and created Entity in Genesis Prime/Drusera and spelled doom for the Eldan?

Or, in other words:

what exactly went wrong in the Nexus Project.

hmmm... funny, now that Wildstar is closing its story is almost like a prophetic allegory of the history of the game itself....

For all your questions there are answers in Vault of the Archon. In game press N -> PvE -> World Story -> Select "Vault of the Archon" -> Put checkbox on "do not search other" -> Queue.

It is not answering other questions - why they did it? What happened after? Where they were all this time before we arrived? And other one - who was main there and who was fooled, or they worked together? And so on!

Cavean   

I'm pretty certain I finished Vault of the Archon. As I remember it, the info you get suddenly stops when they mention the mysterious party who contributed the missing element to the Protoplasmic Resonator (Nazrek also worked with "them" supposedly to tinker with the process of creating Genesis Prime). As far as I remember, this mysterious "them" are mentioned in several datacubes and cutscenes. So we know there's a hidden player pulling the strings, but we don't know who. It's the biggest secret of Wildstar!

My guess is that Entity was planned as one of the later raid bosses and then they planned to reveal who's "them" after that. Perhaps it was a blueprint for a whole future expansion as players move past the Strain and Entity as the biggest villain.

We never got that far even, as the story stopped at rogue caretaker and his creations and a little bit of Strain. I have no idea about Redmoon Terror lore, but I guess it's unconnected to the main thread?

When I'm searching the internet I see so little about Wildstar story it's sad. People don't play MMOs for story and it's one of Wildstar's strongest points. Like what is the connection between Dreadphage Ohmna and Ohmna as one of the Eldan? Nothing on wiki. Pretty sure that info is in game.

Edited by Cavean

Roselin   
4 hours ago, Cavean said:

I'm pretty certain I finished Vault of the Archon. As I remember it, the info you get suddenly stops when they mention the mysterious party who contributed the missing element to the Protoplasmic Resonator (Nazrek also worked with "them" supposedly to tinker with the process of creating Genesis Prime). As far as I remember, this mysterious "them" are mentioned in several datacubes and cutscenes. So we know there's a hidden player pulling the strings, but we don't know who. It's the biggest secret of Wildstar!

My guess is that Entity was planned as one of the later raid bosses and then they planned to reveal who's "them" after that. Perhaps it was a blueprint for a whole future expansion as players move past the Strain and Entity as the biggest villain.

We never got that far even, as the story stopped at rogue caretaker and his creations and a little bit of Strain. I have no idea about Redmoon Terror lore, but I guess it's unconnected to the main thread?

When I'm searching the internet I see so little about Wildstar story it's sad. People don't play MMOs for story and it's one of Wildstar's strongest points. Like what is the connection between Dreadphage Ohmna and Ohmna as one of the Eldan? Nothing on wiki. Pretty sure that info is in game.

You're thinking of Omnicore-1, the continuation of that datacube is in Vault of the Archon. It'll tell you exactly who made the designs for the Protoplasmic Resonator, and what he wanted in return for it.

As for your question about Ohmna. Dreadphage Ohmna is just strain corrupted Ohmna. When the Entity broke free he killed most of the Eldan, but chose to instead corrupt the ones he found to be useful. You can find some of the other strain corrupted Eldan around the world too, like Vorion, Elyona, and Koral.

Cavean   

Okay, thanks a lot! I'll check Vault of the Archon. Maybe I forgot things. Whan was Vault released? Is that the Arcterra instance? I think I was there but... And with Ohmna, yes, that's what I thought, I've done almost every world quest but things fade from memory and wanted a quick refresher...

...it's just surprising that there is so little info, as even some obscure games often have wikis so detailed that you can check what toilet design character X prefers to crap on. I just feel that a lot of things Wildstar was good at the MMO audience didn't much care about, and a lot of things it was bad at, well, that's what they were most looking for. Hence the collapse. Or at least part of the reason. Grand ambitions, lack of focus. They have several great games in here packed into one big unsuccesful one.

Edited by Cavean

Naunet   

Vault of the Archon is the story instance released with Arcterra, yes.

If you do everything in VoA right, you also gain access to a special room in Omnicore-1 with one extra lore tidbit.

[edit] Specifically, IIRC you need to collect all the key fragments in VoA in order to access the Omnicore-1 room.

Edited by Naunet

Tad   

Also you can gain the Arcterra costume from the Arcterra vendor in your capital city if you can attempt a gold

On 9/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, Roda said:

I already done that part for my main, who is currently sitting on a rock near the coast where the Exile Starting location is, The Everstar Grove. That very rock has a special palce in my heart, as wierd as it sounds, but for me it holds a special meaning. In my case i be logged in there, waiting.

After that? We defintly need to see what can be done after that.

ZetaJolt   

Hey, Sunshine, I just wanted to thank you and everyone at Carbine Studios for the best game I have ever played. It ticked all the right boxes for me, serious when it needed to be but extremely fun and over the top and it knew it, action combat was amazing. Everything about WildStar made it the best game for me bugs and all, lol.

I would like to ask a question about a possible final soundtrack. It would be a great send off if the community could get one final piece of merchandise that comprised of all the great music that was omitted from the previous two soundtracks. I listen to the stunning music that this game produced every day and will never forget where it came from, unlike other game soundtracks, and I know I would personally love to support Jeff Kurtenacker's work a little more, and I feel like the community would be forever grateful if we could get one final send off soundtrack. Good luck out there, Cupcake!

• Like 1

Pustl   

i am here since closed beta. feels a bit like loosing a beloved uncle or something. really really sad. :( thanks for the great time.