Sign in to follow this  
Kasted7

In-depth DPS Warrior guide (Drop 9?) - P1GA

Kasted7   
Posted (edited)

KNwCK2xjcbO7raolyB5_8QRldGhc8Lj1OZ8ZwLevHtGuawMltQE2jcsYqViPA1G-IfMEP9Mgmep7up1ZAY85aVZp74nH1duStWVrNbip4ME1sMeo49pSUFoFrnkEKj4A_ZM-eKRZ

Kasted Bloodlust - Do Not Panic | In-depth DPS Warrior guide

This is not an introduction to the class, this guide will show you in-depth explanations of different aspects such as playstyles, builds and stat optimization. Sorry in advance for those who are looking for a fresh level 50 guide.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

THE ROTATION

This will give you the maximum damage output (credits to Seres A.K.A. Rerolling Intensifies):

Opener >>> Atomic Slash → Rampage → Tremor + Breaching Strikes → Tremor → Smackdown → Atomic Slash → Rampage → Innate

Innate >>> Repeat the opener >>> Repeat

Repeat >>> Atomic Slash → Rampage → Tremor + Breaching Strikes → Smackdown → Atomic Slash → Rampage → Tremor → Repeat

Pre-Innate (situational) >>> Atomic Slash → Rampage → Innate → Repeat

You probably know the rotation already, but I want to make sure you're doing it the way it's supposed to be done. If you are still using Savage Strike and if you really want to get better at this class, please take your time to master this rotation before continuing with the guide. Also, don’t even waste your time opening with Atomic Slash → Smackdown...

To check if you're doing well, these are the swing rates you should be achieving in 3 minutes:

Rampage: 1.12/s

Atomic Slash: 0.28/s

Tremor: 0.26/s

Smackdown: 0.14/s

Breaching Strikes: 0.28/s

Rampage and Tremor swings can vary depending on what you're doing, if you play around with the T4 Smackdown reset you can cast a double Tremor after using innate and that will result in a gain of Tremor swings and a minor loss of Rampage swings over time. I prefer to execute this at a certain point where I find myself in trouble with high AB stacks while my innate is about to end. If you cast a double Tremor, that means your Atomic Slash will land right after innate ends and that will put you back at full KE. Doing this will also apply an extra stack of Aftershock and reduce the cooldown of your innate by an extra 2s to get it back faster, which is not a huge difference of damage if you decide to not do it all the time.

There’s also another variable that you can use in certain situations which is popping innate after casting Smackdown, it will look like this:

Atomic Slash → Rampage → Tremor + Breaching Strikes → Smackdown → Innate

Basically, you will be skipping the “pre-innate” ability order and this is why I listed it as “situational”, for example, the first MoO on Fetid Miscreation will happen around the end of a Tremor or Smackdown (depends on how fast your raid interrupts the cast), in that case, you can just end the “repeat” rotation and pop your innate immediatly after casting Smackdown to have full uptime on your innate during the MoO.

The more you practice the rotation, the faster you'll execute it. Warrior is all about speed. If you practice hard enough you can reach a constant 1.14 swings per second on Rampage.

If you suffer a lot from housing lag spikes like me, you might not reach your full speed during the rotation, in which case I recommend you to practice the execution speed at the capital dummy for cast counts to be more accurate.

STATS

These stats will give you the maximum DPS output if you have the Space Madness/P1GA vigor gadget:

38% Crit Hit
240% Crit Sev
30% Multi Hit
10% Vigor

If your itemization/runing is around RMT level (no ruthless runes, no 155+ gear) you can lower your multi-hit down to 20% to get more crit hit, you can also drop some crit sev for more crit hit if needed, in this case, priority would be Crit > CSev > MH. The stats listed above are just an example of how they should look like at P1GA, they don’t need to be perfect.

RMT example:

36% Crit Hit

225% Crit Sev

20% Multi Hit

12% Vigor

Other gadgets like Mega Charge and Darkspeaker’s Handbook also work great for warriors but that requires you to swap your stats to low crit and high vigor, this will help to stabilize your damage output making it more “constant”, but you won’t be able to reach top peak dps, it’s much better to spend some time farming the vigor gadget from Space Madness.

BUILD (LAS and AMPs)

AMPs:

Spoiler

cyvMWJ-VxdhBB9AEKNTI9XsmkJASonPCiug0olgLvspMlP67WewMBJFcNl9noFupJiqO2xTDbn8C121mmQaktE0Y4yKSJhLBAUjiYw7xRjW347R51ciFPP0J7z6Gpm9pQHgOmFvi

LAS:

Spoiler

TCl9lxd8qLC1x0cJIQIQQ2bBTdNGkFRCLrX06QQnvqn-n3swPa6FqfLuOwEFsTqWUpjMVfyqhr6apAcGcCc1NfW1pNkWgEAfUI2Zyx6MvIolK10pKvQTgUBbK6Ygt11j3I5KEqMO

Assuming full matrix. T8 Tremor gives better results than T4 Aug. Blade or T8 Smackdown. The extra point goes into Smackdown.

AMPs are quite the same in every case except that you can take Cheap Shot if the boss fight has a decent amount of MoOs, but it’s very rare to see a damage increase from it.

Laceration can do more than 4% crit sev if full uptime on boss ONLY if your crit hit is low, it’s not an excessive amount of DPS gain but you can get somewhat around 400. In this case you can drop 2 crit sev AMPs and take the other 2 remaining points to run it along with Bloodlust.

As you can see, you also count with 2 free slots where you can pick whatever you need depending on the fight. Pay a lot of attention to which skills you need, especially in P1GA where you have to take Defense Grid 90% of the time.

Personally, I recommend to stop bringing Leap to fights where movement/opening aren’t as important as taking an interrupt, CC break or Defense Grid, even if you’re doing gens on Ohmna, movement abilities aren’t needed. Your low-CD interrupts and one of the best defensive abilities in the game are way more important for your raid. However, Savage Strike is useful for fights with “quick downtimes” since you can cast it to reduce the innate cooldown by 2s, also works to boost your opener (only bring it if you don’t need more than 1 utility).

AUGMENTED BLADE STACKS MANAGEMENT

If you’ve recently swapped from Savage Strike to the 6 button rotation you might be experiencing a hard time managing AB stacks since T8 Smackdown and the Savage Strike KE gain aren’t there anymore. It’s important for you to realize that AB stacks are managed in different ways regarding some factors:

- Where you are in the rotation, this meaning if you can raise up 2 or 3 more stacks or if you have to turn it off

- If your innate is becoming available soon

- If keelhaul proc'd and what’s the duration at that precise moment

If you're not experienced enough at managing AB you'll find yourself exceeding the amount of stacks without having a backup (such as a lucky keelhaul proc or your innate being available), in that case, you’ll be dropping a lot of KE, going below 500 way too fast. An easy way to fix this is to keep the range of AB stacks between 9 and 12 before your second innate, and holding 10-14 after popping it. If you happen to exceed the amount by a lot you can turn AB off during Tremor, Breaching Strikes, Smackdown and Atomic Slash, DON’T turn it off during Rampage, that'll be a good way to recover the balance of the KE drain and regain the DPS you've lost. This should NEVER happen to you or else you’ll be constantly losing DPS during the fight.

Keelhaul procs can help you stay around 12 to 15 stacks, but don't forget to pay attention to the keelhaul duration so you know when to start dropping them, this can also vary in situations where your innate could be up soon, since you can go up to 17+ during your innate and start dropping stacks at around 6 seconds after popping it so you don’t get punished by the KE drain after innate ends.

In the end, we all have our different methods to manage AB and feel comfortable about it, right? the numbers I listed above are just an example of what has been working the best for me. If you are a warrior main, you’ll slowly begin to realize that keeping high AB stacks isn’t always a smart thing to do in certain situations.

PARSING ON THE DUMMY & RESULTS COMPARISON

If you want to start parsing and compare your old stats/builds to new ones or if you just want to see what your damage is at, the correct way to get the most accurate results as a warrior is parsing around 10 times on every case. Sadly, warrior is still an RNG based class due to keelhaul procs affecting our damage timings a lot, so you want to be persistent to not fool yourself into fake numbers. Parses have to be at least 3 minutes long.

Always save your results to look at them when you’re done parsing, which means keeping track of Rampage, Tremor, Atomic Slash and Smackdown so you can compare those crit and multi-hit rates to other parses and see if you got lucky or not. I also recommend using food + boost when parsing.

Once you have the 20 results from comparing build A to build B, simply sum all the parses from build A and divide it by 10, that way you’ll get the average DPS from it, do the same with build B and compare.

IMPORTANT: remember to swap from Bloodlust to Laceration if you’re parsing, you don’t need to reach the execution range on the dummy since Laceration is still pretty close to Bloodlust.

POWER LINK

One of the easiest rotations in the game, exactly the same as the 7 button rotation.

Opener >>> Savage Strike → Atomic Slash → Rampage → Tremor + Breaching Strikes → Smackdown → Atomic Slash → Innate → Repeat

Repeat >>> Atomic Slash → Rampage → Tremor + Breaching Strikes → Smackdown → Atomic Slash → Rampage → Savage Strike → Repeat

Pre-Innate >>> Smackdown → Innate → Repeat

Doing pre-innate will give you the most innate uptime due to the innate cooldown reduction from T4 Power Link, casting Atomic Slash and Rampage before innate will just waste those seconds.

AMPs:

Spoiler

DwG6nyD1xdaU4ZgKeQ8c0Qqa6kfUQD2OXq1_9tQSgXAkazwBgXZYwks3_dr_KdaMSwhCeBGNlQt2851DNkiMe-Q7RrPqHeP0lSwC0g16moLMffoSCk33S75ftAmdY90Ka2DdS4Mb

LAS:

Spoiler

doqM688ZX73JJ7iujnXv0nXeOM9tbc50Y0hveb1MA1dDmdBFUBehW4eO2X7-pxKOvKz1Szpt-B4pP85lhHMhuH5c23D_lYSr8voS60mFyEWrzYOZHI8WlBONrjzOQxacror_odJA

Assuming full matrix. As the warrior running Power Link, the raid won’t be expecting lots of DPS from you, i.e. you can drop T4/T5 Smackdown to run T4 Kick if needed.

GEAR, RUNES AND AURAS

zUuo1cNRuVXOn9UrJRmybbOseEph7a0mMerd3hranavlT-hEkZSom58Hsandp4Z7e8OnLPEEZTDWlM7mxBveH8fI2JsZFwUZEb4cpkr190dS-3jHcNCw_45KYbD_EdQIYuNw7G2M

This is what my gear and runes look like (August 11, 2018). Note: crit hit and armor pierce are miscalculated, my current percentages are 38.64% and 7.63%

Sword: X-89
Helm: P1GA Imprint

Shoulders: Tugga

Chest: CBC, Gatecrasher

Gloves: Eldan Gauntlets

Pants: SSM, Ondu
Boots: Phage Maw

And these are the fundamental auras you need in order to play warrior properly, you can modify them to your liking: https://pastebin.com/aQidY22r

ANYTHING ELSE?

Now it’s time to get better at warrior, but what to do first?

1. LEARN MECHANICS
2. Practice your rotation

3. Practice your AB management
4. Swap to optimal stats

--

As I clarified at the beginning of the guide, sorry for those who are looking for a pre-RMT warrior guide. I started playing WildStar after RMT and the Primal Matrix got released so I skipped most of the pre-RMT set warrior gameplay.

If you’re interested in knowing how I play, the abilities I run on some fights, how I execute my rotation, etc., you can browse my profile at https://www.wildstarlogs.com/ and analyze everything you need to know, I do all the raids weekly except P0GA.

Since the new forums won’t let me edit this post after a while, I’ll do major updates to this guide directly as a reply to this topic. I might also post a warrior tank guide soon.

Edited by Kasted7
  • Like 1

Nice guide.

Hopefully some warrior will now get good enough to beat the OP on a few fights in  prime GA, so that he can finally stop rubbing 1920 in everybody's face :)

• Haha 1

dbZ   

Thanks for posting this guide! I have been using Raolin's 6-Button rotation.  This rotation allows you to use your opener 2 times back to back every time you innate which should be a nice damage increase over what I am currently doing.  I have a few questions:

1. I see you listed your gear. Would you mind also putting the Weapon Attachment/Support System/Implant you are running?

2. I have heard from a reliable source that you only need 11.48% for P1GA.  Would it make more sense to put another crit ruin in the extra shoulder slot instead of the Keelhaul crit sev ruin?

Kasted7   
Posted (edited)

1. I'm currently wearing these since I mostly raid P1GA which allows me to drop any strikethrough I could possibly get, if you're raiding DS/RMT you can adjust your accessories to your liking to get the strikethrough % goal.

Miscreant Gene Resequencer (P1GA, Fetid Miscreation)
Breeze-Bound Coagulator (STL, Arcanist)
Phageblasted Lens Focuser (P1GA, X-89)

2.  You need 11.277... (rounded to 11.28%) for Ohmna, and yes, if you're not having issues with strikethrough you can run whatever crit sev rune you need in your shoulders.

Edited by Kasted7

bro1017   
Posted (edited)

You recommend gauntlets (obviously 6/6), I still wear mine but mostly due to personal laziness/not really liking the stats on gloves I get.  I assume you've run the numbers, so theoretically if ilvl weren't capped at 170, do you know when the gauntlets would be worth less than raw stats?

Also theoretically, at what point (if ever) do you think mh would be valued enough to actually rune Barrage?

Edit: Also, Re-Rebreather, is it not good?

Edited by bro1017

bro1017   
On 8/12/2018 at 7:57 PM, Howshouldiknow said:

Nice guide.

Hopefully some warrior will now get good enough to beat the OP on a few fights in  prime GA, so that he can finally stop rubbing 1920 in everybody's face :)

I can totally beat Kasted.

...I mean, I could if I could find some people to help me run CBC.  I blame the 1000 strikethrough on my chest.  Totally not because Kasted is way better than me...

Kasted7   
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, bro1017 said:

You recommend gauntlets (obviously 6/6), I still wear mine but mostly due to personal laziness/not really liking the stats on gloves I get.  I assume you've run the numbers, so theoretically if ilvl weren't capped at 170, do you know when the gauntlets would be worth less than raw stats?

Also theoretically, at what point (if ever) do you think mh would be valued enough to actually rune Barrage?

Edit: Also, Re-Rebreather, is it not good?

Answering both your questions, I've tested 160 gloves from STL (Crit + CSev) with 3/3 Basher and Barrage to maximize the amount of stats I could possibly get and it ended up being a DPS loss, and since warriors don't have a source of Assault Power % scaling, the gloves fall way behind. The smash proc and the amount of stats we can get from eldans are better for now.

MH is not a good stat on warriors because we don't count with any MH Sev bonuses and forcing it runing Basher + Barrage would only make it worse. Power Hitter gives way too much crit sev to ignore the fact that we have to rune crit hit at all costs to make good use of it since we don't get any crit hit bonuses in combat unless you run T4 AB. Crit hit and/or crit sev are the best stats to rune for and that's not going to change (for now).

Rebreather is good for bursty openers but it's still very dependant on RNG, it also falls behind on long fights compared to Mega Charge/Handbook/DIY.

Edited by Kasted7