Sign in to follow this  
Gates

So I started streaming W* today

Gates   

AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! I haven’t played in almost a year and I forgot how much fun Wildstar was/is. I plan on making it a weekly rotation on my streaming schedule. I’m by no means a huge streamer but I’m gonna do what I can to bring some sort of advertisement to Wildstar. I refuse to let this game go down in flames! If you would like to stop by my Twitch name is GD_Gates. Stop by , say hello and let’s have a good time remembering what fun Wildstar can be. I am currently leveling an Engineer ( Dominion ). I look forward to seeing you guys in the Nexus!!

• Like 4

Naunet   

Woohoo! Thanks for being willing to give this game a boost! :)

• Like 1

Gates   

So after a few days of streaming Wildstar, and don’t get me wrong... I love the game, but I’m starting wonder if it’s worth it? I may get 5 viewers but no one is interactive in the chat. It could be me being a new streamer and what not, but I want your guys’ opinion. Is there hope of brining attention to this amazing game?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Gates said:

Is there hope of brining attention to this amazing game?

There's always hope but is it warranted? 

The only chance (IMO of course) of attracting new and former players is if Carbine makes several releases with new playable content.  Doesn't matter how fun the game is MMO players know that they'll eventually get bored if the developer doesn't make new rides for them to experience.  Scaling up old instances only goes so far.  While that may scratch the itch for some it doesn't for most and they know it.

Content is not the only issue that WildStar faces but it is a big one that puts the larger MMO fanbase off. 

Content production is a matter of resources and talent costs lots of money.  Significantly more than server upkeep.  I don't expect the game to be shut down even with the limited population. 

One potential solution to the content problem is to leverage their best-in-class housing system and add features so that players can develop their own content.  Of course that raises issues on how to reward those that play those instances.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

Gates   

I get what you saying and I totally agree. Problem is, Carbine wont release new content without a revenue stream and new players wont return without there being new content. Someone has to give and I feel that its more or less on the players side to give a little this time. Then again whose to say Carbine will actually release new content if new and old players return?

Meyoline   
3 hours ago, Gates said:

So after a few days of streaming Wildstar, and don’t get me wrong... I love the game, but I’m starting wonder if it’s worth it? I may get 5 viewers but no one is interactive in the chat. It could be me being a new streamer and what not, but I want your guys’ opinion. Is there hope of brining attention to this amazing game?

I'm skipping over the small convo about content because I frankly feel it is entirely unrelated. I can almost guarantee the issue you are having with having a small/not as responsive chat is entirely due to being a new streamer. A long while back now I used to stream Minecraft and had the same issue. You can't say that isn't a popular and super well-known game :p One time I had over 10 folks in chat (this was during my first week streaming) and only one was... sorta interactive. But even then their comments were so weird I kinda wish they weren't interactive, lol.

What I'm trying to say is, it happens. The fact that you got an audience at all is a good thing actually! I think you should keep it up. But even the well-established streamers frequently have to deal with silent chats. And some of the most common advice I have heard them give is that you have to be energetic and entertaining enough to hold your own even if there is nothing but silence when you're streaming. Sometimes you'll get folks who want to chat, sometimes you'll get folks who just want to chill. And sometimes interactivity comes in waves. You have to be okay with that and roll with the flow.

That said, I wish you the best of luck! If you happen to have a Twitter account, be sure to post there about streaming as well. I will gladly re-tweet it and help spread the word ^_^

Gates   

Awesome Meyoline. I will get a twitter. I dont want Wildstar to fall by the wayside, so I gonna do what I can to keep the hype alive I guess lol. Ty for the info. Ill try to do more next time I stream. Hard to be amped up with questing though... I mean it is what it is. we'll see.

• Like 1

Meyoline   
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gates said:

Awesome Meyoline. I will get a twitter. I dont want Wildstar to fall by the wayside, so I gonna do what I can to keep the hype alive I guess lol. Ty for the info. Ill try to do more next time I stream. Hard to be amped up with questing though... I mean it is what it is. we'll see.

True! But you could still comment on things you're seeing, vocalize your thought process out loud (like "hmm, looks like those two quests are over that way, but this third one is right here, so I'm going to knock this out first"), enjoy the in-game music, etc. It can sorta feel weird at first, but over time you get used to it xD At the end of the day, most folks choose streamers/youtubers to watch based on personality. Some of my favorite content creators could seriously put out a video talking about paint drying and I would have it playing off to the side while I do other stuff because their thoughts/opinions/personalities are interesting to me. A lot of viewers tune in for the person who made the video, not necessarily for the video's content (though obviously different strokes for different folks).

But anyway, quite sincerely, good luck! ^_^ I look forward to catching your stream sometime. If you have a set schedule for streaming, you can post it over in the streamers info thread someone has started:

Edit: and be sure to periodically mention in /Nexus that you're streaming and give your Twitch address :D Something like every 30 mins or an hour should be a good time.

Edited by Meyoline

Gates   

Awesome I will do that.. For the most part i try not to go more than a few minutes without me commenting. My Twitter is @gate40699481. I will try to have a more static schedule in the following weeks. My work makes it hard but Ill do what I can. Ty for all the information and I, as well, look forward to having you in stream!!

Gates   

Sorry the twitter handle is @gates40699481

Gates   

Now streaming. Come by and say hello!!

Gates   

Thank you everyone who came out to the stream today. I enjoyed having you all there. Hope to see you guys again next week!

• Like 1

Meyoline   

I'm sorry I missed your stream yesterday, but I'm hoping to catch the next! ^_^ I went ahead and followed you on twitter, and shared your link :D