Sign in to follow this  
pho u

Esper healing guide

pho u   

any up to date esper healing guide out there? I don't see it in search.

Naunet   

Reverie for days.

More seriously - not that I know of. I've just been going with what works for me.

pho u   

and what works for you? can people post their amps? so I can get a general idea?

Naunet   
Posted (edited)

Sure I can! I didn't post my set up because I'm not comfortable calling myself an expert on this game, and I don't want to accidentally mislead someone if by chance I'm doing something wrong. xD Esper healing has been my main thing for 4 years, but I've only done GA and DS raiding, so keep in mind I don't have RMT sets. I do have 10,125 Heroism, including all Matrix Ability Points unlocked and some of the extra AMP points.

Here's my basic AMP set-up:

Spoiler

hpX9mnQ.png

And here's my basic LAS:

Spoiler

uzsA06e.png0tNVe20.png

I use that set-up for most things. If you don't have full Ability Points, you can either drop T4 Warden or T8 Soothe (down to T4) and just put points in where you can. Crush and Pkflame are swapped out for various utilities when needed, such as Catharsis or Fade Out. I was joking in my original post, but Reverie really does make up the majority of my healing on many encounters, often close to 50%. Mental Boon is my go-to finisher for when there's smaller periodic damage to heal. In raids, I do an equal amount of tank healing and raid healing, and I use the same LAS for both. I find keeping HoTs (Boon, Warden, Bolster, Soothe T8) rolling on the tank does quite well for single target healing, and more often than not I end up having to side-heal the raid anyway, so the extra AoE isn't wasted. Raid healing is honestly the same kind of philosophy for me, but with MOAR REVERIE for the bursty needs. PKflame on cooldown, always (unless I've been forced to drop it for another utility).

There are two encounters I completely change things around for - Gloomclaw and Volatility Lattice. For Lattice, I use the following AMPs:

Spoiler

Av3JTSG.png

And the following LAS:

Spoiler

mFy3DEq.pngp6TiyUT.png

There's not much healing to be done on these encounters outside of healing the walls or healing the logic elementals, and both of those things require MoB and Mending Banner. I honestly hate this LAS but I use it when needed. xD

As for stats, I balance Multi-hit, Focus Recovery, and Focus Pool, with a secondary consideration for Critical Hit (will become more important likely as I get more gear). Here are my current stats whilst wearing my healing gear in my default LAS:

Spoiler

WBIJxVe.pngZUoZpqK.png

Rune sets I primarily use are Cynosure (for Focus Recovery and Multi-hit), Striker (for Multi-hit), and Resurgence (for Focus Pool). I also have both the GA and DS class sets (in shoulders and pants, respectively). For what it's worth, here's my current gear so you can see my runes (it's not best in slot by any means):

Spoiler

m4qoM10.pngzVWTZlg.pngTA6fN9V.pngPSofu72.pngeeG6XZg.pngIaVPJtz.pngsiuyfHm.pngg0SRUf5.pngagTczwa.pngZuPdzl5.pngIZ0oYJw.pngH21BPYT.png

I actually have some higher ilvl stuff for hat/chest/gloves, but I loose way too much Multi-hit and Focus Recovery by using them, so I've just been holding onto them just in case. My Focus Recovery is on the low end, so I use FR boosts and food when I know I'm going to be churning out the heals. Otherwise, Crit boosts/food are good alternatives once MH is at that nice soft cap. I have occasionally dropped into the 10-20% focus range during high stress situations, but liberal use of Fixation and the boosts keep me going strong.

Disclaimer: This is just what works for me, and again it's minus the effects of RMT sets, so if you're at that point, I'm not sure I can be of much help outside of talking about what I WOULD do if I DID have those runes.

I hope this helps some!

Edited by Naunet