BlurryMetal53

The MMO Bookclub's Wildstar Cycle

Hello Wildstar Community;

I'm BlurryMetal53, I'm from a discord/reddit community called the MMO BookClub - every month (which we call a cycle) we vote on an MMO to play and this month, WildStar has won the community's cycle vote. As a community, we are always looking for the best way to enjoy the games we play together - both individually and in groups. To that end, we love to host events for our members to take part in, and would be grateful for any advice to meet that goal your community is willing to offer ours. Anyone with a special interest in helping out is strongly encouraged to join us in Discord and apply to be an "Envoy", a resident expert in a cycle game and someone who volunteers to come up with group activities for our players.

We're all looking forward to jumping into the game again (WildStar won the second cycle of the MMO BookClub, exactly a year ago), and hope to play with all of you in the coming month.

If you're interested in joining, all are welcome!

-----

You can find us at our subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMMOBookclub

Or just join our Discord:
https://discord.gg/themmobookclub

• Like 1

Naunet   

What a neat concept! Welcome to WildStar! :D

I'd love to help out in any way I can. Y'all have got to make sure you hit up shiphands and dungeons whenever you can! :3

• Thanks 1

Kaoy   
Posted (edited)

Hey Maunet, its great to see such a positive response from a member of the Wildstar community. Blurry and I both share the role of Ambassador within the Bookclub and will be keeping a eye on the official communities for any responses such as yours. If you like the way this sounds, please join us on our Discord which Blurry linked above. We have a pretty active bunch there and always appreciate new members and folks from the games we play stopping in to check things out. If you like what you see, we would love to have you been an Envoy and work with our team to come up with events for this cycle.

While I have your ear, I will go ahead and announce an upcoming event we would love to have members of these forums attend with us. We have an event coming up next Sunday with your community in mind. We are calling it the Community Outreach Night, and we are inviting every one on the Reddit, official forums, and steam community to join us in game and on coms for a night of goofing about and chatting it up. We wanna hear what you guys love about Wildstar and what keeps you coming back.

The event starts Sunday, July 8th, at 4pm EST, and is planned to go on as long as folks want to hang around. Late comers are welcome and encouraged so as to keep things fresh. We had a similar social event with just our members on Sunday and had a pretty solid turn out, and people seem to be enjoying the game so far.

Edited by Kaoy

KatMR   

Hi and welcome!

In addition to Expeditions (solo to 5 players, with difficulty scaling linked to number of players in group) and dungeons (5-player) you can also do tours of House Plots! Lots of amazing builds out there.

Just a heads up, I have recently seen advertisements for Raiding on Sundays at 4p EST so that could take attention away from the event. Weekends are more active at night than during the day, so there are generally less people around.

That said, there are a few community events this month to keep in mind for ya'll to participate in, hot on the heels of our 4 year anniversary last month! See the Station Wire for details.

I'm really hyped that a gaming club selected WildStar, and thank you for your efforts to showcase the gem we have!

Kaoy   
Posted (edited)

One of your friendly MMO Bookclub Ambassadors here, and I thought I would give you all an update and let you know the cycle is still going pretty strong for those of us in the Bookclub. Every night so far we have been getting together to run group content and chat it up over mics. A few of our members who are returning to the game after a long break have been showing us the ropes and showing off the housing in game.

One of our long time members and Discord server (discord.gg/themmobookclub) admin, Steel Inquisitor, even showed off a deadly jumping puzzle he designed and had a field day watching a few members falling to their deaths - his honorary human leather mask, Jigsaw doll, and ice pick should be arriving in the mail any day now.

Average levels of the group appear to be about 25-30 now, with the more casual members (myself included) are keeping watch on the rear at about 20. As I have come to understand is a right of passage amongst your community, many of us have come to shudder in revolution and heave violently at the very notion of running another round of the Protostar Academy.

I also wanted to remind folks that we are planning to host an event this upcoming Sunday starting 4pm EST call the Community Outreach Night. A bunch of us will be hopping on coms to chat, and are really looking forward to members of the Wildstar community joining us and talking about their favorite moments in Wildstar, and maybe even show off some of their amazing houses!

Edited by Kaoy

KatMR   
Posted (edited)

Burnout while leveling in dungeons mainly happens when the pool of dungeons is small (as it will be at level 20) or if you're not doing progression runs, and your carries just tear through while you run after them.

I understand the preference for level rush, because especially in this case you want to get leveling out of the way to focus more on content. Questing is content, and doing mechanics and progression showcases the WildStar experience, but there's no time. I suspect every month the group spends X amt of time per game and then moves to the next selected title.

Maybe try breaking up the dungeon spam with expeditions so you don't tear out your hair?

Yay Steel! Good egg, that one. He's one of my PVP mentors. His housing plot sounds awesome.

Just thought of something. Lower level PVP isn't really a thing...maybe put out an ad, see if there is interest, and do a few sub-50 PVP battlegrounds if enough people are available? They're 10v10 and the level brackets make numbers difficult to come by due to most of the population rushing to 50, but if you can pull it off I think it'll be pretty fun.

Edited by KatMR