Sign in to follow this  
hypnotaiz

Need a good melee build

KatMR   
Posted (edited)

I don't esper, so hopefully an esper veteran will chime in eventually. Also, try asking in /nexus while in-game.
Until then, I've theorycrafted this:

Try Psychic Frenzy, Reap, Concentrated Blade as builders

Haunt for debuff

Crush for Interrupt

[any self heal or maybe Pyrokinetic Flame for DoT (not sure if PK is a self heal or not)]

Projected Spirit for movement (also a self heal)

and Blade Dance as your spender.

I don't think I should venture into AMPs.

From what I hear, this will be fun for psyblade enthusiasts, as the animations for Concentrated and Dance use your psyblade model.

Good luck!

*I'm hoping this is okay, as I'm referencing an out of date talent builder for the above

Edited by KatMR

Just Jai   

Melee Esper is almost identical to ranged Esper. Swap Telekinetic Strike for Psychic Blades (T0) and otherwise keep everything the same. T8 Mind Burst (or Telekinetic Storm if you don't have the RMT set), T8 Concentrated Blade (although without the RMT set the value of this skill goes down a lot), T8 Haunt, T0 Reap, T0 Spectral Swarm. That gives you two slots for utility - one will normally be T4 Locus of Power for considerably more burst damage (drop Haunt to T4 if you don't have enough ability points) and then you should usually have Crush in the last slot. Projected Spirit and Fade Out are the situational skills that you'll often swap into these last slots if the fight requires them. Fixation in the last utility slot maximises damage but you'll normally need at least one out of a kick, mobility and cc break.