Posted (edited)

I did not see any well-rounded, recent guides for stalker tanks, so i decided to throw this up here.

My Primary focus is going to be on RMT Set setup/rotation, as w/o it there is simply no way to hold off of RMT set DPS (unless it is a slinger, hehe). Pre RMT the basics r more than enough to keep a comfortable threat lead ahead of non RMT set DPS, assuming the weapon ilvl is more or less the same, if not significantly better for the tank. 

AMPs

There is a great variety here, but the core layout does not change. 

scdugl.png

Life steal can naturally be traded for SK AMPs instead, depending on what kind of content u r doing. 

I found "That's All You Got" not really essential and dumped it for more threat. If u feel like u need that extra mitigation, drop the armour pierce, 1 crit sev point and "Brutality Mastery." 

I believe unfair advantage is unnecessary with T8 Nano Virus (NV) setup, and i personally take Stealth Mastery instead for a bit more innate uptime. 

Counter is also just a personal choice, and those 4 points can be moved around depending on fight/tanking role. EDIT: Counter is pretty lackluster in practice while tanking just one thing. It is amazing however when tanking 2 or more mobs. I'm prolly gonna swap to Blood Rush for tanking just 1 boss. 

If u do not have enough AMP points, drop Armour Pierce first, then counter, and then the rest of the points in the Assault Tree. 

I found Do Not Call It a Comeback to be more useful than the RNG shield healing. In a raid situations healers r better equipped to heal ur shields and/or it reboots fast anyway. The aforementioned AMP is handy with high HP if u get spiked down, healers will have an easier time topping u off/keeping up with the heavy incoming dmg. The buff lasts a surprisingly long 12 secs. 

The Builds

RMT Set LAS

T8 Frenzy

T8 Razor Disk

T8 Nano Virus

T3 Bloodthirst

T3 Razor Storm

T3 Decimate

Base Reaver

1 Utility slot (usually pounce or Analyse Weakness)

If u do not have all the ability points from matrix, drop all the T3s down to base. As u get points, BT is highest priority, then Razor Storm, then Decimate. 

Pre RMT Set LAS

T8 Frenzy

T8 Nano Virus

T8 Decimate

T3 BT

T3 Razor Storm

T3 Razor Disk (u should still run it for the raid buff)

Base Reaver

1 Utility slot 

If u do not have all the ability points from matrix, drop all the T3s down to base. As u get points, BT is highest priority, then Razor Storm, then Disk. 

If u do not have the DS class set, drop Decimate down to base, and grab T8 BT instead. 

Who needs mitigation gimme threat! LAS

T7 Frenzy

T8 Decimate

T8 Razor Disk

T7 Nano Virus

T3 Bloodthirst

Base Razor Storm

Base Reaver

1 Utility slot (usually pounce or Analyse Weakness)

This one needs all the ability points from matrix, at the very least most of them (they all go into t1-3 upgrades, so the change is immediately noticeable).

Rotations

With RMT Set

Pre cast ur decimate, and open with disk, always. Then nano virus followed by frenzy. As ur disk support power buff is about to wear out, u tap disk again, and continue with the frenzy spam. Keep disk and NV on CD. It is okay to delay NV a little bit if both disk and NV r ready at the same time. NV is a dot, and upon cast will take a picture of ur stats, and do dmg accordingly. So if u cast NV b4 a disk, it will never benefit from the T4 support power buffs.

After the opener, ur Disk usage will look something like this: Break Frenzy cast with first disk, do almost a full channel of frenzy, and as the support buff is expiring u cast ur second disk. Sometimes NV will fall completely outside of the buff window, or when u have 1 stack, and sometimes when u have 2 stacks of the support power buff. There is little reason to fret over it, just keep it as close to on CD as u can. It is not a good idea to always save it for when u have 2 stacks of the disk buff. 

Use decimate whenever u have less than a second left on ur DR buff (basically have to cast it every 9 secs or so to always have it). It is a pretty weak ability threat wise, so never keep it on CD. 

BT u simply tap whenever it is ready. Alternatively, u can set up a macro with AHK (Auto Hotkey) or a smart mouse to continually spam the button for it (i just have my gaming mouse spam one of the F keys every .5 secs, and i never have to worry about it). This is not botting, u will not be banned for it. 

Stance dance on CD. Again, i just have my mouse do it for me every 12 secs. U can set up an aura for it to do it manually, or create a macro for this one as well. It is smoothest if the stance dance occurs during frenzy channel, something to keep in mind if u do it manually. Therefore the very first time u use frenzy in the opener, is when u should start ur stance dancing. 

Notice how i do a fair amount of jumping. Most of the time i clip frenzy after 3 or so ticks with either a jump, or an ability. So the rotation pretty much boils down to clip frenzy after 3 ticks with an ability that is ready for use, or just jump :). It is a fast paced, sort of priority rotation trying to keep all buffs at full uptime/keeping disk and NV on CD, with frenzy being a "filler." 

Using AW after the first is surprisingly difficult. U kind of have to stop entirely for a lil bit, and then cast it, else ur abilities will break stealth early. There is also the issue of the boss hitting u and breaking ur stealth. Bit of a pain, mostly useful in the opener. If u can get it off mid fight, it is a bonus. I only recommend using it if u really need that extra umpff.  

Pre RMT Set

Nothing changes, except u have to keep disk on CD. U only have 1 charge of it every 9 secs, so it is very important. Still open with disk, it is essential to have the debuff on target ASAP. NV is again ur next move. Decimate every 9 secs or so, even though it is T8. It is still a weak move, and the suit power gain is really not necessary (u r also disking less). NV on CD, dont delay it for anything except disk if both r ready at the same time. 

Who needs mitigation gimme threat! Rotation

This is a static rotation. 

Opener is cast decimate (then dps gadget and AW if u have) as u run in > disk > almost full channel frenzy > disk > NV > clipped frenzy with jump x2 > clip frenzy with decimate (+ stealth if available and furor set still not on CD + AW if ready) > frenzy and break with disk soon as it is ready > almost full channel frenzy > disk > NV > etc etc etc (NV will have the same CD as disk with the DS class set)

By clipped frenzy with jump i mean u cast frenzy and after 3 ticks (at about 1.4 secs left on channel) u jump. Same deal with deci, u cast it as 1.4 sec left on frenzy channel. This can be hectic in raid, in that case u just cast frenzy a bit longer after NV b4 u jump, then clip the next frenzy a bit later with deci. Disk will be ready about mid way through on the following frenzy cast. With double jump-clip, however, u can reach up to 1.8 frenzy casts/s. Very serious threat boost, as it is in the 40% support power window. By doing one less jump clip, frenzy cast is about 1.65ish/s, quite the difference. 

Stealth will be ready for every other disk window, there is no reason to use them at other times unless u have a solid threat lead and need the defensive buff. NV should be casting as ur stealth buffs r about to expire, so the entire dot will still take full benefit of them. 

Triple disk with double auto crit opener can be done with this build as well. Decimate should be cast b4 2nd disk as well in order to keep full uptime on the buff (unless u wanna juggle decimate around and use it earlier each time till it lands again b4 1st disk). NV is prolly most ideal to be cast after 2nd disk so that it can make use of the first stealth buffs. If u do not cast it after the third disk, u will have to slightly delay it in order to have it land in the 40% support power buff window. 

WARNING! This build loses out on a considerable amount of mitigation. 12% deflect while channeling frenzy, and a good bit of glance buff uptime with basically zero flexibility in terms of saving as defensive, since NV is used rotationally at a very specific time. Use at ur own risk and if u have godly healers :)

Additional note: if u have 140 suit power, u can also do a jump clip after ur first disk. Then u can clip frenzy again with ur 2nd disk, just as u r about to lose the disk support power buff. Like this u can do 6 frenzy ticks instead of 5, and can reach an astounding 1.86 frenzy swings/s or so. This is rather taxing movement wise, especially when u have to move around for whatever reason. U can easily lose the support power buff b4 u reapply, so this is best saved for stand still tank n spank situations, when DPS can also stand still and pew pew their hearts out. This will give some extra umph to keep ahead in threat. 

How to keep threat against Culex material

There r a couple tricks u can do, especially at the opener. U will need to get the StopWatch addon from curse, set it up to count down from 15 secs (which is the Graverobber proc CD).

U can either unequip then re-equip ur RMT set and start the count down at the same time, or click off ur buff, and start the timer when u get it again. At 8-9 secs u cast disk at empty air. At 4 secs u start the 3 2 1 tank pull count down, and just before the timer hits 0, u pull with ur FIRST auto crit disk. Continue with ur regular opener (if u have a dps gadget, use it just b4 pulling). U will be able to keep ur double disk buff for 3.5 secs longer, AND ur SECOND disk will also be a buffed auto crit. For an even stronger opener, u can throw in Analyse Weakness as well (assuming u dont need any utilities). Cast it right as u r running in and b4 ur first disk obviously, while still in stealth. 

Alternatively, save ur 2nd stealth, ur gadget and AW if u have it for a little bit. Cast reaver early on as a preemptive measure (or if u have good reaction time right when u see someone pass u in threat) to make sure the boss is attacking u. As it wears out, u should be casting ur razor storm. This is where tiers help a lot on that ability, as it keeps u top threat for an extra .5 secs per tier. Ur razor storm should be ending just as the espers r reaching the climax of their dps. That is exactly when u go into ur 2nd stealth, apply AW, use ur DPS gadget and attempt to skyrocket ahead of the esper DPS in threat, piggybacking off of their OP late burst opener. 

Set up an aura for ur DS class set T4 buff. It lasts 5 secs, but u can only aquire it every 10 secs. Therefore, especially in ur opener, it is very important to not stealth twice within 10 secs, as u will be missing out on a very important threat buff. 

If u have have nothing coming up that u need to use in the midst of ur rotation for a bit, and u r just casting frenzy, then u can jump mid frenzy cast. This will make ur character instantly start the frenzy channel again. It is most optimal to do this right after the 3rd tick, as u will be doing 3 ticks per second instead of 6 per 2.5 secs. So if ur disk is coming up in just over 2 secs, u can do 6 frenzy ticks instead of 5. 

If u need to stealth u can do that during frenzy cast as well by jumping. Press ur stealth first and right after do a single jump. I have no idea why it has to be in this illogical order, but it works. 

Gearing

Regardless of what class sets u have, a general rule of thumb can be followed. Get the amount of crit mit needed for the current content u r doing. Values can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/NiWpEM5.png. In the endgame, u will be fighting to keep it down. This is y there is no reason to take crit mit AMPs, or even rune for it specifically. Matrix and some crit mit on gear is more than enough. 

SK should be ur number one priority theoretically, but the support power buffs (from disk and void pact and boost AMP) and ur tank stance easily take care of it w/o needing to rune any SK or have any of it on gear. U can pick up up to 4.5% from AMPs as well if needed. 

Ur next priority is glance to 30%. Anything over that is subpar, as RMT set gives u 70%. Even w/o RMT set gearing and runing heavily towards more glance is not really worth it. U r better off with armour and HP, especially at lower ilvls. 

Deflect is the lowest priority by far. In fact u should never ever rune deflect, as it is rendered almost 100% useless with the tank stance passive (get 7.5% deflect each time u take dmg) and T8 frenzy (12% deflect while hitting any enemy with it). 

So what to do with the rest of the empty rune slots once u have met all the stat goals? There r some must have fusion runes. Enrage for gloves if u have a supercharged shield (if shields r full, drain some shield and do some dmg every 5 secs). This is sort of needed for stalker, as we deflect a fair amount, and enrage stacks can easily fall off. If u have a crit shield, u should go with menace instead. Oh and make sure u r always using a low mit (25% DR) shield. Mountain is the other must have fusion rune in the chest (1% of HP converted into armour). 

If rune slots r still available, u have 2 options. U can either fill them up with 1 power risen HP runes (so that u get the 1% bonus HP from each rune, the Mountain fusion will also become more valuable), or work in some dps sets if u need more threat. Crit sev is a very valuable stat for the auto crit disk, so ruination is an excellent choice (double crit sev). If u have room for another set, use Rejuvenation with crit and MH. Do not use vigour runes. Priority should be sev, MH, crit. U can use 1 power DPS runes across various sets in the same item if u still have more slots to fill (u will also be getting the 1% HP per rune). 

To really optimise, u want all of ur glance and vast majority of ur crit mit coming from just items and matrix. The less items can cover the required stat goals, the more healer items u can wear with DPS stats. 

This is how i have runed my stalker tank for maximum HP:

20608er.png

The hardiness and gleaming 2 power runes r pretty much a must have, they have a lot of valuable stat for just one rune slot. 

140 max suit power is also a surprisingly substantial increase in resources. If u r feeling that u r short on suit power, whatever rotation u r doing, throw in the eviscerator set (just the 4 power bonus, prolly 2 crit sev runes r best for 5/8), or a 2 power assassin rune. I am now sporting a 2p assassin HP rune. 

Itemisation

As mentioned earlier, it is important to take care of the essential stat goals with as few items as possible. Below i will list probably the most ideal way to itemise. 

Claws: whichever is highest ilvl is the one u should be using, stat wise Rage Logic, SSM and Phage Maw tank claws r best statted 
Shield: Shield drain dmg shield, obtainable from skullcano dungeon (Scabbo's Shield Cage) or GA (Phagetech supercharged force web)
Helm: GA tank token helm (deflect, glance ) or Filter of the Darkwitch from KV (high glance, low deflect) 
Shoulder: STL windblown guards (high glance, low deflect)
Chest: phagetech adorned doublet from GA (high crit sev, medium crit) or Soulfrost Surcoat from CBC (hig sev, medium MH)
Gloves: Deathbringer's Medigloves from SSM (sev and MH) or Symbiotic Sleeves from GA (sev and crit)
Pants: GA tank token pants (MH, crit mit) or Flaming Flexipants from SSM (high sev, medium MH)
Boots: Quartermaster's Booties from Skullcano (deflect, glance) or Polyboots of the Overseer from STL (low crit mit, high glance) 

Weapon Attachment: Breeze bound Anatomiser from STL (deflect, crit mit, glance) or Dried Darkwitch Ears from KV (exact same stats)
Support System: antiseptic reservoir from SSM (sev, MH, crit) 
Implant: Steelskin Embedding from GA (high glance low crit mit) 

Gadget: i recommend a dps gadget, tank ones r pretty meaningless ... DIY vigour gadget from Space Madness or Experimental Adrenaline Injector from GA are best for stalker tanks

Those items should take care of almost all ur glance needs and crit mit needs (u will also be getting some from runes and matrix).

All items can be found here for browsing:

Lui Aura Codes

Disk Buff

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"source":"1","enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"BC","input":"{v}","posX":0,"anchor":"OI","align":"Center"},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"behavior":"Always","inset":0,"enable":false},"stacks":{"source":"1","enable":true,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":4,"position":"BR","input":"{v}","posX":-2,"anchor":"II","align":"Right"},"locked":true,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Buff","border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"unit":"Player","stacks":{"value":0,"operator":">="},"spellName":"83741","name":"Buff"}],"charges":{"enable":true,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"TL","input":"{v}","posX":0,"anchor":"II","align":"Left"},"animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"zoomEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"zoomEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"actionsets":[true,true,true,true],"text":{"enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"BC","posX":0,"anchor":"OI","align":"Center"},"behavior":"All","name":"Disk buff","dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"rows":3,"growth":"Down","duration":0.25,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","important":false,"source":"1","priority":0,"spacingY":3,"spacingX":3},"icon":{"strata":6,"posY":-70,"enable":true,"tooltip":false,"width":64,"sprite":"Icon_SkillMind_UI_espr_cnfs","posX":-417,"anchor":"Screen","source":"1","color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"height":64},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"color":{"a":160,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"invert":false,"shape":"Icon"},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"radialmin":90,"source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":255,"r":127},"posY":0,"sprite_border":"border_thin","posX":0,"width":250,"border_inset":0,"direction":"Right","height":24,"position":"CR","sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","color_empty":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":88,"r":45},"animation":"Linear","sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

Decimate DR

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"source":"1","enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"BC","input":"{v}","posX":0,"anchor":"OI","align":"Center"},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"behavior":"Always","inset":0,"enable":false},"stacks":{"source":"1","enable":true,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":4,"position":"BR","input":"{v}","posX":-2,"anchor":"II","align":"Right"},"locked":false,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Buff","border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"unit":"Player","spellName":"Decimate","name":"Buff","spellOwner":true}],"charges":{"enable":true,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"TL","input":"{v}","posX":0,"anchor":"II","align":"Left"},"animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"zoomEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"zoomEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"actionsets":[true,true,true,true],"text":{"enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"BC","posX":0,"anchor":"OI","align":"Center"},"behavior":"All","name":"Decimate DR","dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"rows":3,"growth":"Down","duration":0.25,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","important":false,"source":"1","priority":0,"spacingY":3,"spacingX":3},"icon":{"strata":6,"posY":-70,"enable":true,"tooltip":false,"width":64,"sprite":"Icon_SkillMind_UI_espr_cnfs","posX":-346,"anchor":"Screen","source":"1","color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"height":64},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"color":{"a":160,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"invert":false,"shape":"Icon"},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"radialmin":90,"source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":255,"r":127},"posY":0,"sprite_border":"border_thin","posX":0,"width":250,"border_inset":0,"direction":"Right","height":24,"position":"CR","sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","color_empty":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":88,"r":45},"animation":"Linear","sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

Taunts

{"setting":{"duration":{"enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"border":{"sprite":"border_thin","color":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"inset":-1},"auras":[{"overlay":{"source":"1"},"dynamic":{"source":"1"},"behavior":"All","desc":"Warrior Taunt","name":"Plasma Blast","icon":{"sprite":"Icon_SkillWarrior_Plasma_Blast"},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Debuff","border":{"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"spellName":"Plasma Blast","unit":"Target","name":"Debuff"}]},{"overlay":{"source":"1"},"dynamic":{"source":"1"},"behavior":"All","desc":"Engineer Taunt","name":"Code Red","icon":{"sprite":"Icon_SkillEngineer_Code_Red"},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Debuff","border":{"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"spellName":"Code Red","unit":"Target","name":"Debuff"}]},{"overlay":{"source":"1"},"dynamic":{"source":"1"},"behavior":"All","desc":"Stalker Taunt","name":"Reaver","icon":{"sprite":"Icon_SkillStalker_Reaver"},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Debuff","border":{"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"spellName":"Reaver","unit":"Target","name":"Debuff"}]}],"stacks":{"enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"icon":{"posY":-181,"posX":-411,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"charges":{"enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"dynamic":{"columns":8,"enable":true,"sort":"Oldest","rows":1},"text":{"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"name":"Taunts","overlay":{"color":{"a":160,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0}},"animation":[],"visibility":{"combat":false,"group":false,"solo":false,"pvp":false},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"color_border":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"color_fill":{"a":255,"r":127,"g":255,"b":0},"color_empty":{"a":255,"r":45,"g":88,"b":0}}},"export":"group"}

Furor Threat Buff

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"source":"1","enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"BC","input":"{v}","posX":0,"anchor":"OI","align":"Center"},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"behavior":"Always","inset":0,"enable":false},"stacks":{"source":"1","enable":true,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":4,"position":"BR","input":"{v}","posX":-2,"anchor":"II","align":"Right"},"locked":true,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Buff","duration":{"threshold":5},"border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"spellName":"82536","spellOwner":true,"name":"Buff","unit":"Player"}],"charges":{"enable":true,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"TL","input":"{v}","posX":0,"anchor":"II","align":"Left"},"animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"zoomEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"zoomEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"actionsets":[true,false,false,false],"text":{"enable":false,"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","posY":0,"position":"BC","posX":0,"anchor":"OI","align":"Center"},"behavior":"Any","name":"Furor","dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"rows":3,"growth":"Down","duration":0.25,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","important":false,"source":"1","priority":0,"spacingY":3,"spacingX":3},"icon":{"strata":6,"posY":2,"enable":true,"tooltip":false,"width":46,"sprite":"Icon_SkillAMP_AMP_Technology_DamageDealt_Buff","posX":-354,"anchor":"Screen","source":"1","color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255},"height":46},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"color":{"a":160,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"invert":false,"shape":"Icon"},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"radialmin":90,"source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":0,"r":0},"sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":255,"r":127},"posY":0,"sprite_border":"border_thin","posX":0,"width":250,"border_inset":0,"direction":"Right","height":24,"position":"CR","sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","color_empty":{"a":255,"b":0,"g":88,"r":45},"animation":"Linear","sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

Disk CD

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"posY":0,"enable":false,"align":"Center","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"OI","position":"BC","input":"{v}","posX":0,"source":"1","color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","behavior":"Always","enable":false,"inset":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"stacks":{"posY":4,"enable":true,"align":"Right","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"II","position":"BR","input":"{v}","posX":-2,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"locked":true,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Cooldown","border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"spellName":"Razor Disk","charges":{"value":1,"operator":"<="},"name":"Cooldown"}],"charges":{"posY":0,"enable":true,"align":"Left","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"II","position":"TL","input":"{v}","posX":0,"source":"1","color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"actionsets":[true,true,true,true],"text":{"posY":0,"enable":false,"align":"Center","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"OI","position":"BC","posX":0,"source":"1","color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"behavior":"All","name":"Disk CD","dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"duration":0.25,"growth":"Down","spacingX":3,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","spacingY":3,"source":"1","priority":0,"important":false,"rows":3},"icon":{"strata":6,"posY":-70,"enable":true,"tooltip":false,"width":64,"sprite":"Icon_SkillMind_UI_espr_cnfs","posX":-417,"anchor":"Screen","height":64,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255},"source":"1"},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"shape":"Icon","invert":false,"color":{"a":160,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0}},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"direction":"Right","source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"r":127,"g":255,"b":0},"posY":0,"sprite_border":"border_thin","posX":0,"width":250,"animation":"Linear","radialmin":90,"sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","position":"CR","height":24,"color_empty":{"a":255,"r":45,"g":88,"b":0},"border_inset":0,"sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

Nano Virus CD

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"posY":0,"enable":false,"align":"Center","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"OI","position":"BC","input":"{v}","posX":0,"source":"1","color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","behavior":"Always","enable":false,"inset":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"stacks":{"posY":4,"enable":true,"align":"Right","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"II","position":"BR","input":"{v}","posX":-2,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"locked":true,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Cooldown","border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"spellName":"Nano Virus","name":"Cooldown"}],"charges":{"posY":0,"enable":true,"align":"Left","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"II","position":"TL","input":"{v}","posX":0,"source":"1","color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"actionsets":[true,true,true,true],"text":{"posY":0,"enable":false,"align":"Center","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","anchor":"OI","position":"BC","posX":0,"source":"1","color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"behavior":"All","name":"NV CD","dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"duration":0.25,"growth":"Down","spacingX":3,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","spacingY":3,"source":"1","priority":0,"important":false,"rows":3},"icon":{"strata":5,"posY":-70,"enable":true,"tooltip":false,"width":64,"sprite":"Icon_SkillMind_UI_espr_cnfs","posX":-487,"anchor":"Screen","height":64,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255},"source":"1"},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"shape":"Icon","invert":false,"color":{"a":160,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0}},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"direction":"Right","source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"r":127,"g":255,"b":0},"posY":0,"sprite_border":"border_thin","posX":0,"width":250,"animation":"Linear","radialmin":90,"sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","position":"CR","height":24,"color_empty":{"a":255,"r":45,"g":88,"b":0},"border_inset":0,"sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

Edited by Howshouldiknow

OvoExo   

I fail to see how using a auto hotkey won't get you banned

Gadget: i recommend a dps gadget, tank ones r pretty meaningless ... DIY vigour gadget from Space Madness or Experimental Adrenaline Injector from GA are best

When I am tanking (engi), I mostly use a dps gadget too (with few exceptions), I would be interested if you did the math, if those vigor gadgets actually beat armor pierce gadgets like the one from gurka, which I've been using.

Really bro? This is the first and only thing u have to say? How about a "nice job" first?

Anyway.... 

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157089-3rd-party-macro-software/

Botting is when the character automatically reacts to triggers from the game environment. A simple macro does not do that. U will not be banned. 

When I am tanking (engi), I mostly use a dps gadget too (with few exceptions), I would be interested if you did the math, if those vigor gadgets actually beat armor pierce gadgets like the one from gurka, which I've been using.

Doing the maths is unnecessary. Those vig gadgets r pretty much best for most current dps with 20%+ vigour. Therefore, on a tank with essentially no vigour investment other than matrix, it will also be far superior. Maybe i should go into more detail there, i believe it is best for stalker tank due to double auto crit disk opener. Dps/threat boost there alone is massive. 

Kira350   

You can literally make the macro inside of wildstar and assign it to a key press....

Doing the maths is unnecessary. Those vig gadgets r pretty much best for most current dps with 20%+ vigour. 

How do you know this and why especially with "20%+"?

Vigor gadget will make you DR ... So even though you are Dr'ing its still BiS for dps..

So as a tank not hitting DR its just even better of a gadget. Maybe thats what he means?

I know those facts with DR but that's not what he writes, even though he most likely means it.

Still I would like to see some proof with vigor gadgets should be BIS for DPS, that's news to me or atleast not for all DPS since I never did the math for classes besides engineers.

Or let's say it this way, I would like to see some proof why it should be best for tanks.

Kira350   

How do you know this and why especially with "20%+"?

Vigor gadget will make you DR ... So even though you are Dr'ing its still BiS for dps..

So as a tank not hitting DR its just even better of a gadget. Maybe thats what he means?

• Like 1

I know those facts with DR but that's not what he writes, even though he most likely means it.

Still I would like to see some proof with vigor gadgets should be BIS for DPS, that's news to me or atleast not for all DPS since I never did the math for classes besides engineers.

Or let's say it this way, I would like to see some proof why it should be best for tanks.

Kira put it the right way, ill have to edit that part for clarity. I should also make it clear that vig gadget is specifically best for stalker tank, as i do not understand how the other 2 work intimately. 

Stalker tank can get 2 giant auto crits on disk in their opener (gadget adds upwards of 10k+ dmg on each of those crits, that is a ton of threat). A flat dmg boost on that is going to be massive, especially with some stacked crit sev. At base 155 ilvl from GA, no other dps gadget compares. The rebreather is lower ilvl, and has RNG related to it. Vig boost is always going to be 100% reliable threat boost (unless u happen to eat a lot of dmg in the first 10 secs, which is very rare, stalker can also deflect), which is exactly what a tank wants. 

It might be misleading to say "best gadget," as there really r not a whole lot of options. I believe there is only one attainable DPS gadget at base ilvl 155, so due to shear ilvl and the crazy amount of stats it gives, it beats pretty much anything that gives different stats at lower ilvl. The exception being engi DPS probably still prefering rebreather, prolly medic too. 

Also, how many DPS have u seen use an armour pierce gadget? It increases ur dmg by some amount for sure, but not really by the same amount as a flat dmg boost does. As an engi, u r very likely taking next to no dmg, so i am of the opinion that a vigour dagdet would be better for u in that regard. 

OvoExo   
Posted (edited)

Really bro? This is the first and only thing u have to say? How about a "nice job" first?

Anyway.... 

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157089-3rd-party-macro-software/

Botting is when the character automatically reacts to triggers from the game environment. A simple macro does not do that. U will not be banned. 

Doing the maths is unnecessary. Those vig gadgets r pretty much best for most current dps with 20%+ vigour. Therefore, on a tank with essentially no vigour investment other than matrix, it will also be far superior. Maybe i should go into more detail there, i believe it is best for stalker tank due to double auto crit disk opener. Dps/threat boost there alone is massive. 

Um I'm just finding it hard to believe an aid that will auto cast an ability for you on timer being fair....

You can literally make the macro inside of wildstar and assign it to a key press....

A macro is  different from having a software auto cast an ability every certain seconds....

Edited by OvoExo

Um I'm just finding it hard to believe an aid that will auto cast an ability for you on timer being fair....

A macro is  different from having a software auto cast an ability every certain seconds....

Of course it's fair, everyone can do it.

Pls take QQ elsewhere, this is a tank guide, not a fairness guide. 

Posted (edited)

so many people been using macros for ages, theres a macro function inside wildstar /macro which basically does the same, except that it has some weird delay so everyone with a brain should use 3rd party software or macro mouse/keyboard, i've been using external macro for stancedance since forever, used it with /macro and it always cost another gcd cuz the addon is so poorly coded that it lags like shit

i bet you could even macro your complete rotation and noone would give a flying *cupcake*, is there even any gm left that could probably ban someone? when I posted tucan ascii art in nexus chat last year i got 24h mute now every day ppl report same baguette spammer on eu and noone cares :D

Edited by Ausgelebt

A) nice job been meaning to write one of these, but just haven't been willing to go through the effort.

B)  I've typically been running this: https://imgur.com/3mJBGp1

This setup is a bit of an older one, but i always prefered the t8 deci build.  It's more damage and doesn't take up the extra LAS slot of the EU style build.  I know this was something seres was running ages ago, idk if he still does, but it's still valid.

Ripose is pretty bad, but since i run 150 suitpower through runes i don't really need followup for suit power regen.  As for the T2 tank amps - they're all pretty bad.  Who's next is nice but being undazeible is so amazing useful if you ever have to move a boss.  Balanced is actually really amazing.

C)  Sesshy and Gowther are using this setup: https://imgur.com/JNSEsgP, which i call the EU-style build.  You can use nanodart to reduce the CD of NV further and get really high uptime on graverobber.  Also remember the graverobber bonus likewise applies to nando dart as well as razor disk, so that can crit and it has a nice threat multiplier on it.  This buidl tends to be good threat and mitigation but a) it's less damage than t8 decimate and b) i really dislike that i need an extra LAS slot, c) t1 BT means your uptime is only like 85% and d) it feels weird to play this way.  I also think they split the nanodart for different NV CDs.

Something i've found to help when threat is an issue and/or taunts don't work (see kuralak) is to run nanospike, which is pretty nice.  Dowside is it costs 30 suitpower and again uses up an LAS slot.  Compared to warrior tanks (which only need three buttons) I feel we're already strapped for slots so i just don't like doing that.

Thanks for writing the guide tho!  It's also cool to see slightly different LAS setups.  

Posted (edited)

A) nice job been meaning to write one of these, but just haven't been willing to go through the effort.

B)  I've typically been running this: https://imgur.com/3mJBGp1

This setup is a bit of an older one, but i always prefered the t8 deci build.  It's more damage and doesn't take up the extra LAS slot of the EU style build.  I know this was something seres was running ages ago, idk if he still does, but it's still valid.

Ripose is pretty bad, but since i run 150 suitpower through runes i don't really need followup for suit power regen.  As for the T2 tank amps - they're all pretty bad.  Who's next is nice but being undazeible is so amazing useful if you ever have to move a boss.  Balanced is actually really amazing.

C)  Sesshy and Gowther are using this setup: https://imgur.com/JNSEsgP, which i call the EU-style build.  You can use nanodart to reduce the CD of NV further and get really high uptime on graverobber.  Also remember the graverobber bonus likewise applies to nando dart as well as razor disk, so that can crit and it has a nice threat multiplier on it.  This buidl tends to be good threat and mitigation but a) it's less damage than t8 decimate and B) i really dislike that i need an extra LAS slot, c) t1 BT means your uptime is only like 85% and d) it feels weird to play this way.  I also think they split the nanodart for different NV CDs.

Something i've found to help when threat is an issue and/or taunts don't work (see kuralak) is to run nanospike, which is pretty nice.  Dowside is it costs 30 suitpower and again uses up an LAS slot.  Compared to warrior tanks (which only need three buttons) I feel we're already strapped for slots so i just don't like doing that.

Thanks for writing the guide tho!  It's also cool to see slightly different LAS setups.  

Hi, yes im aware of the T8 Deci build, but i dont like it. 

First of all, take a look at ur meter. Deci does TERRIBLE DMG. It also does not have a threat modifier. U have to hit it every single time it pops up (whenever u deflect). Whatever threat u gain from the 10% support power buff, u lose a good chunk of that on casting a really really weak ability. The threat gain from NV goes underappreciated. It has the highest 175% modifier for stalker tank, and it also heals 100% of the dmg dealt (im unsure if any threat modifiers affect the healing portion, but it is extra threat from the same move regardless). Being able to glance more is a big plus as well, since stalker tank is very squishy. Poor seres has a rather high mortality rate :(

I do like the nano dart build, though i do not use it much if at all personally. It's primary advantage is extra mitigation and probably some extra threat. I do not like how only T1 BT can be run. At that point might as well ask a stalker DPS to run T8 BT. Disk is the major dps loss, not BT. 

I hate nano spike. Mostly because it does not break frenzy channel. It is also monstrously expensive unless u T8 ... and where do we take the points out of? Disk is the only option since we need either T8 deci or NV for resource building. If there is something u cant taunt, grab AW for that fight, helps a lot with opener threat in conjunction with a DPS gadget (GA one takes me up to like 37% vigour, which is pretty insane). 

Edited by Howshouldiknow

Hi, yes im aware of the T8 Deci build, but i dont like it. 

First of all, take a look at ur meter. Deci does TERRIBLE DMG. It also does not have a threat modifier. U have to hit it every single time it pops up (whenever u deflect). Whatever threat u gain from the 10% support power buff, u lose a good chunk of that on casting a really really weak ability. The threat gain from NV goes underappreciated. It has the highest 175% modifier for stalker tank, and it also heals 100% of the dmg dealt (im unsure if any threat modifiers affect the healing portion, but it is extra threat from the same move regardless). Being able to glance more is a big plus as well, since stalker tank is very squishy. Poor seres has a rather high mortality rate :(

I do like the nano dart build, though i do not use it much if at all personally. It's primary advantage is extra mitigation and probably some extra threat. I do not like how only T1 BT can be run. At that point might as well ask a stalker DPS to run T8 BT. Disk is the major dps loss, not BT. 

I hate nano spike. Mostly because it does not break frenzy channel. It is also monstrously expensive unless u T8 ... and where do we take the points out of? Disk is the only option since we need either T8 deci or NV for resource building. If there is something u cant taunt, grab AW for that fight, helps a lot with opener threat in conjunction with a DPS gadget (GA one takes me up to like 37% vigour, which is pretty insane). 

yep, there is obvsiously some stregenths and weaknesses to the varrious builds.

As for the t8 deci build, it's something we obviously came up with pre-matrix though back then RD wasn't the meta.  it's definately the highest parsing build tho, just the threat modifiers aren't as high so somehow you do MORE damage but LESS threat.

That said it's probably the fluid rotation, the extra utility slot, and the fact i've been running t8 deci for almost three years that i really enjoy about it.

I have the same issue with the ND build you do, plus it feels really akward, like my abilities don't line up in some way.

I'll test out the build you have, but it seems like if i need threat and mit i the ND build could do more, but if i wanted damage and flexibility the deci build does better?  IDK.  It's the first time i've seen your setup.

As for nanospike, i tend to hate it too.  What i do with NS is do Deci->NS->(other stuff).  I'm really used to doing deci-innate weaving, so deci-NS feels bout the same.  just idk, 30 suit power, a cast time, doesn't break the frenzy channel?  That's why i only use it when i can't get enough threat otherwise.

Do you have 160 claws yet?  tell x89 to stop being a *cupcake*ing *cupcake*.

Do you have 160 claws yet?  tell x89 to stop being a *cupcake*ing *cupcake*.

When the game is tired of throwing heavy guns at us, maybe we will get something useful. 

Serres   

I think you are under-rating the T8 decimate buff, and over-rating T8 Nano virus.  Casting on cooldown, i get the following swings (counting both the initial strike and dot) and corresponding Graverobber glance uptime:

T8 Deci: 0.61  - (30.4% uptime)

T8 NV: 0.90 - (43.55% uptime)

T8 NV T4 dart: 1.06 ( 51% uptime)

The damage difference between T0 and T8 is only about 15%, the tier upgrades are very weak, the only value is being able to cast it more often. Using T8NV on the robom housing dummy gives me about 550 extra dps from the increased NV casts, at the cost of about 650 dps from increased Frenzy damage ( T8 Deci gives between 700-900 extra support power, which is about 400 damage per frenzy tick), 500 dps from Razor Disk, and ~250 dps from increased decimate damage.

However, that is with casting it exactly on cooldown. I've found, especially in GA and RMT, its better to save NV as a defensive cooldown in many fights rather than blindly casting it on cooldown then eating damage with it not up. For example, X89 shockwave, Prototypes taunt cycling, Octog slams, Ohmna slams. In these cases it gets quite a bit worse.

Defensively, it improves your average case slightly, while causing your worst case to get worse (due to having an extra 2% reduced damage from Decimate minor tiers)

I would only use T8 Nanovirus in conjunction with T4 dart. That build has enough difference in uptime that it is stronger defensively. However, that build has a couple drawbacks as well, namely that you can't take T3+ bloodthirst without dropping T8 frenzy so you don't bring full uptime bloodthirst, which I don't like.

Deci buff is strong, it is the move itself that is trash. U have to cast it every time it procs in order to not be starved for resources. Thus ur resource management is subject to RNG. U can ask warriors how RNG feels :)

HP makes up for the lower decimate DR and not being able to use NV defensively (CD is so short, it is fine to delay it for a lil bit as a defensive move, or it just lands right where it helps the most naturally). 

Serres   

Huh? You do not use the decimate deflect reset to do the rotation, you can sustain it on the housing dummy. You have to press the button anyways in all the specs for the damage reduction. Both T8 deci and T8 NV converge on almost exactly 1.61 frenzy swings/s. The dart one is lower.

As far as defensive runing goes (HP vs Armor vs Glance), that is a different argument, both have merits. We are strictly talking about T8 nanovirus vs T8 decimate LAS choice, which is not related to how you rune.

Posted (edited)

Serres, on 18 Mar 2018 - 6:20 PM, said:

Huh? You do not use the decimate deflect reset to do the rotation, you can sustain it on the housing dummy. You have to press the button anyways in all the specs for the damage reduction. Both T8 deci and T8 NV converge on almost exactly 1.61 frenzy swings/s. The dart one is lower.

As far as defensive runing goes (HP vs Armor vs Glance), that is a different argument, both have merits. We are strictly talking about T8 nanovirus vs T8 decimate LAS choice, which is not related to how you rune.

So u r casting deci on CD on the dummy, every 7 secs? Or every 9ish to keep buff uptime? I really do not understand how u r able to sustain that rotation, it should be super resource starved.

I guess we can argue for ages, one good way to decide is see how much threat each build produces over X time.

A significant merit of NV is that it is a dot. So it will take benefit from all ur buffs at the time of casting for the entire duration it is on the target. Disk SP buffs in particular.

I forgot to mention that it is t3 deci with NV build, so net difference is only 1.2%, glancing more easily makes up for that, and then some.

Edited by Howshouldiknow

I put my Decimate LUI aura at the point on my frenzy cast bar when the clipping or jumping needs to be performed. This really helps with clipping at the right time, as eyeballing is not the best way to go about it. 

With that strategy i was able to hit 1.92 frenzy ticks/s over 2.5 mins using the low mit high threat rotation. That is by far the highest cast count i am aware of, thus making this build unquestionably the best threat build for stalker. It burns ur resource like there is no tomorrow, it is only sustainable with 140 maximum SP. Might even wanna swap from stealth mastery to unfair advantage. 

Thank you so much for this guide. I just got to 50 on my stalker alt and your guide is the best detailed so far. But, I got to asked, where do these auto crits from the opener disk come from (the two) for the LAS rotation.

Thanks so much again.

Genun   

The auto crits on disk come from the RMT class set Graverobber. One of the powers lets your disk or dart auto crit for 300% damage every 12-ish seconds. The double crit comes from the fact that the timer on the auto crit still ticks down while the ability is available. Meaning if you disk once, wait for the buff to refresh once, then wait for it to almost refresh again, you can get two crit disks in a short period. If that makes sense at least. 

How to get the RMT class set? Couple options, I'd recommend find a guild to run RMT with. its the third raid and a fun one too. The runes drop off bosses and all that. Or you could farm up triploons and rep and buy them from the rep/triploon vendor. I think you can find some on the Auction house too, but I haven't checked in a long time.