Sign in to follow this  
Kelzam Duskthorn

An Extensive Guide for Fresh Level 50 Players

With the lack of updated information, I’ve been working on an initiative to provide written content meant for the current state of the game here in 2017. A lot more guides are coming, including video content, but for starters here is an extensive guide for fresh Level 50 characters. Perhaps you’re returning and bamboozled by how much has been changed or added, or even a new player hitting the level cap and starting the endgame for your first time. This is for you, and although it’s a lot of information, I hope you find it useful and feel like you have a direction to go in! 

I'm not going to claim that this is an exhaustive guide and includes everything  there is to know about Level 50. This is aimed at newer and returning players, and as such the information most I felt was most immediately relevant to said players. 

You can check it out here:

http://queuetimes.com/wildstar-guides-intro-level-50-guide/

VFeldvn.png?1

Edited by Kelzam Duskthorn
  • Like 9

This is excellently compiled, I'm gonna link this to new players on a regular basis now. Well done!

With that said, I'd like to suggest a few things regarding the must have addons section:

• Replace VortexMeter with CombatMeter and/or DarkMeter - DPS meter addons can be particularly resource intensive during larger group fights (for example world bosses post-Matrix) and both Combat/Dark are fully up to date with the Wildstar API (CombatMeter in particular is supposed to be a higher performance rewrite of Vortex and I've seen many longtime players suggest it).
  • Possibly also suggest a replacement nameplates add on? I know the CRB default is quite weak in performance efficiency, and those larger group fights (again, post-matrix world boss runs) can cripple FPS for players even on high-end, otherwise capable machines.

Its up to you of course, just thought I'd pitch in. :D

This is excellently compiled, I'm gonna link this to new players on a regular basis now. Well done!

With that said, I'd like to suggest a few things regarding the must have addons section:

• Replace VortexMeter with CombatMeter and/or DarkMeter - DPS meter addons can be particularly resource intensive during larger group fights (for example world bosses post-Matrix) and both Combat/Dark are fully up to date with the Wildstar API (CombatMeter in particular is supposed to be a higher performance rewrite of Vortex and I've seen many longtime players suggest it).
  • Possibly also suggest a replacement nameplates add on? I know the CRB default is quite weak in performance efficiency, and those larger group fights (again, post-matrix world boss runs) can cripple FPS for players even on high-end, otherwise capable machines.

Its up to you of course, just thought I'd pitch in. :D

Hey thanks for reading, and the suggestions!

I'll test out your suggestions today. I thought I'd tried CombatMeter before and had issues with it and went back to VortexMeter, though I can't remember the details of why I switched back. I'll try it again, and DarkMeter. I have a really good PC setup so I haven't noticed the impact of memory issues with VM, but if that's an issue for people it's definitely a consideration for an edit :)

As for nameplates, that's a good idea to add them in. I had thought about it, but I still use OptiPlates and I'm unsure if that's what everyone still uses now. They work fine for me and as far as I know they're still the go-to for nameplates but I wanted to check around and see if those are the best addons out there. I'll look around today and see about adding that one, as well!

Edited by Kelzam Duskthorn

Amazing work :) .... pity i didn't have this resource when i hit 50 a month ago xD
Will gladly share it with new players

Could a admin possibly pin this thread ,also Kelzam for MvP!

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

This is very good, thanks.

MInor point: you can have a PvE and a PvP weekly elder gem bonsu up at the same time, so for example, Elder Gem World Boss Bonus and the PvP weekly bonus.

+1 for a pin.

Edited by Gamezilla

Very useful as I am coming back after a 2-3 year break (quit when 40 man went away since we were basically done with DS anyways). Was overwhelmed for sure, but this guide was a good reference.

I haven't read it all yet, but thanks for doing this. I have an alt problem so I haven't done much past 50. But, it's nice to have some info on what to do once I don't have any more alts to level. 

Players keep asking in chat....this needs to be seen

Feel free to sling around the tinyurl link in chat or to anyone who asks! It's tinyurl.com/wsfresh50guide!

Awesome guide, thanks for putting it together for new players :D

May I request that you add the locations of the world bosses?(shameless self plug :P )

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151113-locations-of-world-bosses/

I'm working on a separate World Boss guide in anticipation of the Boss Hunter event starting this coming Thursday. I'll be back editing the Fresh 50 Guide to include new links to all the guides I'm putting out rather than expanding due to the length of the guide, as it is! I'll post in the usual places when it's up and running :)

• Like 1

This is an amazing guide, and I hope you continue to move forward with them! I wanted to contribute a little, so I noticed the following things that might help!

In the section about Must Have Addons, there is a typo on the word telegraph: damage meters, telepgraph color enhancers

In the list of 16 slot bags, there is a typo regarding the Trade-Sister's Satchel. It's currently listed as Sister's Trade satchel.

This is an amazing guide, and I hope you continue to move forward with them! I wanted to contribute a little, so I noticed the following things that might help!

In the section about Must Have Addons, there is a typo on the word telegraph: damage meters, telepgraph color enhancers

In the list of 16 slot bags, there is a typo regarding the Trade-Sister's Satchel. It's currently listed as Sister's Trade satchel.

Thanks for noticing these! I'll update the guide and fix these today after I get the World Boss Guide up! :)

Very good guide.

I would add:

PVP: Where to buy basic equip + how to lvl it up

A short overview of the bg's and how they should work

Runes: How does runing work

AMP & Ability: Where to get them, PVE, PVP content, vendor, rnd drop,...

Some small information about Elder gem when full you get more money / Rest Xp in housing

Maybe say Auramastery / Lui Aura, Raidcore / Luibossmods

Very good guide.

I would add:

PVP: Where to buy basic equip + how to lvl it up

A short overview of the bg's and how they should work

Runes: How does runing work

AMP & Ability: Where to get them, PVE, PVP content, vendor, rnd drop,...

Some small information about Elder gem when full you get more money / Rest Xp in housing

Maybe say Auramastery / Lui Aura, Raidcore / Luibossmods

Hey thanks for the feedback! I'm going to be doing separate guides for Runes and hunting the AMP/Ability points, because this guide is very long in it's current state and those are topics that deserve guides all to themselves! I will go ahead and add a tidbit about experience converting to money after capping Elder Gems for the week. Thanks for reminding me about that! I've added the basic PvP gear vendor to the list of gear available with a brief explanation and importance of buying it when starting PvP.

I've also updated the Addons section to add RaidCore and removed Aura Mastery in favor of LUI Auras.

As an aside, for everyone looking forward to the World Boss Guide, you can now check it out here: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155972-a-complete-world-boss-hunters-guide/

• Like 1

Wow thanks so much for this! I'm a newbie and unfortunately alot of the information out there is outdated so this is super useful! 

KatMR   

Typo to fix Re: Metal Maw and Metal Maw Prime: Both listed as MMP. Minor, however many still mix up the two today. Don't want to go to Whitevale when you should be in Deradune :)

Bor Milug - 20 man raid, not 5 man dungeon.

Around i85/i90 is a good spot to start with set runes, so adding the 4th slot may be well worth it :D
Actually any contract gear up to Tier 5 (i120) would be good, as these should still have legacy 4 slot max. While set runes are 6/6, class sets are 8/8 and you can also consider fusions if you have 4-slot gear.

Eldan Prime post RMT 3-slot really needs higher ilvl and RMT runes to shine. (This is my solitary opinion though.)

You could note that once you receive all items in the tier 5 contractually obligated settlement loot table, you are instead given an item which vendors for 5 Plat. This way with the 2 plat from tier 5 if you combine with this, you can potentially get 7 plat per Tier 5.

Re: contracts and PAPs: T3 guaranteed, T2 % chance. Also, bonus (non-purple) Essence. Contracts are viable post Matrix! Honest!

PVP weekly Gladiator Mark quest for costume unlocks, viable source of Essence for the Matrix, encouragement to gear up and fight!

Put in a hyperlink to your world boss guide in the WB section :)

The higher your item's ilvl, the higher the rune slot reroll cost in plat!

*the going price at the time of this article is 5Plat (Re: raid key)

Looks pretty solid. Thanks for making this!

[Edit] fixed typos, added slightly more detail to Tier 5 contract reward

Edited by KatMR

Thanks for the boost! Feel free to share the link in game! Last month became very busy and I wasn't able to do much for writing and updating guides, but look forwrd to more this month!

So much out dated info in your November boost post Carbine...Please edit it and include Kelzam Duskthorns guide 

Keep getting guild members asking lvl 50 what now ?  And seeing this is the best guide out there.

Edited by ministabber
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words! I'm super glad this continues to be a great resource :) It's been a while since I worked on these guides. Depending on the Dev response to what is coming for the game, I hope I can find some motivation to put some more of these out!

Olivar   

Awesome guide Kel, but it lacks Lore and source on information on the entity that is Olivar.
A must know detail of wildstar for every player ;)

On a serious note, thanks for listing Addons ;)

Read through it and should definitely get someone going.