SushiCore

EU Engi DPS PVE Guide

Hello fellow WildStar players.

My name is SushiCore and I mainly play Engineer DPS since the closed beta of WildStar. I am a member of the guild Bloodpact.

I’ve always strived to be one of the top Engi DPS players in the last couple of years and with so many new people joining the game, I am sure some of you want to become really familiar with the role as an Engi DPS too.

Look no further, you’ve come to the right place. This thread has the purpose of telling the (in my opinion) most important stuff, that an experienced Engi DPS has to know, to perform as good as possible. If you don’t know the basics of your class yet, I’d suggest that you first make yourself familiar with your class (e.g. tooltips) and read other guides (Old Enigma Guide) that are more aimed at new players. The old enigma guide is pretty much up to date pre-rmt, besides e.g. a few AMPs.

I would recommend you to read this guide completely, but I will split the thread into different sections, so it is easier for you to read it and find it again later, if you wanna re-read it. There is also a section with used abbreviations at the end of this thread.

This guide will be continuously updated if something will change in the future for us DPS Engis (Hi electrodrill^^). I would also be glad if some other experienced Engineers join the discussion, so we could further improve this thread. If you have any questions feel free to comment on this thread or message me ingame /who Sushi. I am always glad if I can help other Engineers to improve - so don’t hesitate to contact me.

At this point I’d like to thank Gnar Kada, who has contributed very much towards writing this guide and with whom I’ve been in contact for a really long time to exchange thoughts about improving in general in WildStar.

Global Cooldown (GCD) as DPS Engineer:

Before we get into serious business (rotations), I’d like first to make sure that you are familiar with the term of GCD and how using it properly results in a DPS increase and ignoring it results in a DPS loss.

What is important for you to know, GCD is the duration after some of your spells when you are not able to use one of your main DPS spells (BC, BS, MS, TA).

For best possible DPS you want to put your “extra dps spells” like: QB, UA, EA always right after a BC or after a MS. If you do that correctly, meaning casting those spells in time, they won’t extend the duration of the GCD caused by BC respectively MS. If you just keep QB, UA, EA on CD for “extra dps”, they will extend your GCD respectively create a new GCD, which results in less hits of your main dps spells and therefore a huge dps loss. This also applies to your dashes in general. You always wanna make sure to place your dashes in a GCD for best DPS (also never dash twice in a row).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotations as DPS Engineer Pre-RMT:

This thread is mainly written for Engineers that already have the RMT set, but I will briefly discuss the pre-rmt rotations, meaning AOE and ST builds that I’d suggest.

Pre-RMT AOE

AOE pre-rmt:

EC T8, BS T4, Arti T4, VI T8, QB and Dimi base - Utility spells as needed.

uW3Ddwm.png

Rotation: VI-> double dash -> BS -> EC (Innate+Gadget), cast QB and EA on cooldown while channeling EC (they don’t cancel the channel).

This is your cookie cutter AOE build. Your first priority is to stay ITZ and use your bioshell either right after a dash or right before the EC channel ends so you have best uptime for EC.

Also to mention is that for the AOE spec, positioning is key! This is really important, so you can cleave as many targets as possible. VI T8 reduces the cooldown of your innate which results in much higher AOE dmg due to your GA class set (T4 prok).

Pre-RMT ST

ST pre-rmt:

BC T8, BS T8, Arty T7, VI T3, Dimi T2, QB base, UA base, EA base - Utility spells as needed.

EDPU54d.png

This is the highest ST dps spec pre-rmt.

A good start sets you up well for the rest of the parse.

You want to VI a few seconds before the pull so you can get a few ticks of volatility gain off and so VI doesn’t mess with the end of your innate. Then you want to Innate+Gadget(+bots) straight into a BS then hold down BC so it casts within half a GCD and finally cast all instant casts right after the BC. Every button should be pressed within 0.5s to 1s of when you hit innate.

VI for a few seconds > Innate + Gadget > BS > BC > QB/UA/EA > BC etc.

Engineer Tips for Pre-RMT Rotation

Main thing about DPS Engineer is to always stay ‘in the zone’, you do a lot more DPS by staying between 30 and 70 volatility. With the most recent Engineer change you always want to BC between 55 and 95 volatility as the damage calculation is completed when the BC arrives at the target and not from when it was cast. For example, if you cast at 50 volatility and drop to 25, you won’t get the bonus damage of being ‘in the zone’. So basically anticipate needing to dash, so you stay above 55 volatility when you BC.

Tied in with this you need to be aware of how much volatility you’re going to gain each tick of a GCD. If you have VI running then you’ll gain 10 and without you’ll gain 5. What this means is right after you cast your second (or first) BC after a BS and you see that you’re at 45 volatility with VI running. Then you’ll have ticked up to 55 by the time you cast the next BC and there will not be an ‘In the zone’ issue. Without VI running you can be at 50 after a BC cast and it will tick up to 55 in the same way.

For the single target build, if you hold off using VI if it’s going to clash with the last 2-3 seconds of innate then you can guarantee the BS after 3 BC’s. This is because you often gain too much volatility towards the end of innate and need to BC 4 or 5 times to get back ‘in the zone’. However, I’m not sure yet how worth it this is as you’d lose the VI buff by holding it. It is a good thing to keep it in mind though.

Make sure you’re using hold to continue casting, and that you are very quick on the BS to BC combo as it’s within half a GCD. Most of the time, a lower DPS is down to not landing as many hits as others in the same time window, rather than anything else.

If there’s a lull in the fight, your volatility will rise to above 70 and the start of your next rotation will begin with a BC rather than a BS. To combat this just BC into thin air to keep volatility ‘in the zone’, or if it’s a long lull, BC at 50 volatility to get to 25 then sit on that and VI before next BS cast. This means you will always be BS'ing at the start of any section of a fight and will do more damage.

Rotations as DPS Engineer with RMT class set:

RMT Build

How your LAS spec looks like depends all on the amount of AMPs and Ability Points that you have.

Let’s start with the pre-matrix 48 Ability Points:

MS T8, Arti T7, TA T7, BS T6, VI, QB and EA base.

kPevT20.png

With 49 Ability Points you want to use BS T7.

With 50 Ability Points you swap BS back to T4 and run MS T8 and TA T8 and Arti T6

With 51 Ability Points Arti T7

With 54 Ability points there will be again a major change.
You want to have MS T8, TA T7, QB T4, BS T4, VI Base, EA Base.

On trash fights you can change back to TA T8 for best DPS.

Note: More testing has to be done when I actually reach the amount of ability points to use QB T4 properly to see if/how much of a dps increase it actually is. Guide will be updated then.

If you are the only engineer in the raid you will want to drop excess points in BS or TA to get VI T3 for the raid buff. Try to avoid dropping ability points in Arti bot because it gains a huge amount of damage from the individual points.

Here you can find my current distribution of AMPs. If you have less AMPs, remove crit sev first, then crit chance.

FgmwKQR.png

The Opener:

Everyone seems to be running a slightly different opener, but I believe that TA (1 or 2 ticks) > “fast MS” is the fastest way to get Broadside stacks going and lands way more direct hits than any other opener.  (fast MS = the two MS casts after hitting a mob with at least one TA tick, which can be cast right next to each other)

VI -> TA (1 or 2 ticks, cancel TA with MS, 1 of the TA tick HAS to hit a Target or the fast MS won’t prok) -> fast MS -> BS -> MS -> MS -> MS -> Innate+Gadget -> MS ->Bots.

You will have 5 MS stacks at the moment that you use your Innate+Gadget and 6 stacks right after when you use Arti for the first time. I prefer not using Arti right at the start just because many bosses move anyway and you will only need about 5.5s to get to 6 MS stacks which results in 6*20% more Arti dmg.

Rotation Tricks with RMT class set

-You always want at least 4 stacks of MS - I’d recommend tracking that with an aura.

-Cast bots on CD, with the exception if you are right at the end of a TA channel - take the fast MS and therefore 2 more MS stacks and then use Arti.

-If for whatever reason you lose your stacks during the fight (e.g. Octog midphase), treat the rotation as if you would begin from the start to get as fast as possible back to 4+ stacks.

-Cast every TA fully with the exceptions of the very first TA and when dropping below 4 MS stacks.

-QB and Energy Auger can be cast during the TA channel or directly after an MS to nest the GCD.

-VI will cancel the TA cast because it has an animation but doesn’t have a GCD, so you can even cast it on the fast MS’s.

-Don’t cast BS if you are high on volatility, 65-70, because your next MS will not be in the zone. Also don’t cast BS and QB at the same time after an MS, this will slow down the rotation. Prioritise BS if you can cast both.

-Spam MS into thin air before a DPS push if you’re holding DPS to get Broadside stacks going.

-As soon as you are using T4 QB, you always want to use it right at the start of your TA channel, so the 3s QB buff applies to all 4 TA ticks + the 2 MS hits from the fast MS after TA. Due to this cluster of DMG, the QB buff will results in a much higher dps increase, than it would be placed anywhere else in your rotation.

-There are some fights in which your bots will die frequently (e.g. Diminisher on Mixmaster). You have to be careful resummoning your bots, because this will cancel your TA channel and also due to its cast animation delay further spells. So you wanna resummon your bots always in a GCD. 

Hitboxes, positioning and cleaving with RMT class set:

This section is really important and will be one of the the major determining factors if you do “average well”  DPS or really good DPS.

Let’s start with hitboxes. Despite some rumors, Engineers are not able to cleave targets that are more or less not hugging each other. The telegraphs of your main DPS skills MS and TA may look like that you would be able to cleave targets that are separated 10+ meters, but both of your skills just create a circle of splash dmg in which they do DMG.

The area in which your TA and MS do actually dmg is created in the center of the hitbox of the target which you hit first. The conclusion of this is, that you always wanna hit the target with the smallest hitbox. If you hit the target with the bigger hitbox, the splash radius might be too small to actually cleave the other targets.

This is really important to know on fights like e.g. robomination.

Different cases depending on how many targets you hit:

1 Target: Nothing new here with rmt set. You basically have the role of a ranged DPS and can shoot from distance.

2 Targets: You are forced to attack the target with the smaller hitbox, to be sure to cleave both targets. Depending on the situation of the fight you are forced to play like a melee.

3+ Targets: You are forced to play as a melee, since you wanna attack the mob which is in the center of the trash pack, in order to be able to cleave all targets at once.

Also worth mentioning is, that even sometimes your character is faced towards a specific unit that you wanna hit with MS, your MS flies sideways if you are too close to another target. For instance running from 1 arm to another arm on robomination fight. You are already faced towards the 2nd arm, with robomination on your right/left side. MS will fly (sideways) towards robo if you are too close to it, even though you are aiming at the 2nd arm.

If you are trying to reposition in a fight, you can treat sprint as if it’s an instant cast and do it between MS casts to keep DPS and mobility high. This is important because engineers really want to keep Broadside stacks up so stopping casting at any point just means you’ll be 6s behind in stacks when you restart rotation.

Stat Priority:

Stat priority will depend on your current stats so to get what’s best for you, you will need to run your character through a percentage DPS gain calculator. Given that most engineers have similar stats, I will post my own weighted percentage DPS gain for 400 rating of each stat:

Crit - 0.54%

Crit Sev - 0.80%

Multi-Hit - 0.97%

Multi-Hit Sev - 0.81%

Vigor at 95% hp - 0.82%

Now, crit has a slightly higher worth than the above number indicates because it procs both Flurry and Harmful Hits. However due to the change that allows Harmful Hits to refresh the buff while the buff is active, it has a very high uptime with very little crit chance. At the start of RMT I ran with ~7% crit chance and had a 90% uptime on the buff over a long fight. Also because we run the Volatile Armor AMP that gives 10% crit in innate, we can gain Flurry stacks very quickly in innate at the start. Any 2 or more target fight will have a 100% uptime on all crit buffs even with very low chance.

Crit sev has a very high rating to stat ratio, and 25% of the rating is converted to multi-hit sev rating, giving it the above high increase in DPS.

Engineers will be going past the multi-hit soft cap of 60% when Barrage and Flurry are stacked. This is not a huge issue because the diminishing returns start very weak at first. You can hit 67-70% multi-hit in combat, before Harmful Hits procs, and it will still be the highest percentage increase for your DPS.

Vigor has gone down slightly in it’s percentage gain due to the fast that we have a lot more of it with RMT gear and we gain 5% vigor in combat from the Crusin’ for a Bruisin’ AMP. There is also a lot more damage taken in RMT by the DPS than in other raids so we will often not be getting the full damage from our vigor.

Given the above, the stat priority (out of combat) for most engineers will be:

Strikethrough to cap > Multi hit to 60% > Vigor to 25% > Multi-Hit Sev > Crit Sev > Crit

Affinity :-D

Affinity and the Spellslinger GA class set are a way of boosting engineer cast counts beyond what is theoretically possible. Affinity is a single target buff that reduces all cooldowns by 0.5s if you receive a heal and has 3 stacks.

Mortar Strike has a 1s cooldown and triggers a 0.5s GCD, so if affinity is timed well you can cast mortar strike every 0.5s. It’s hard to play with, as the rotation is sped up a lot and you will find yourself out of volatility often, but the cast counts will be insane. This is pretty much for fun because in a real fight you’ll probably lose more from the rotation *cupcake*up than you’d gain from the cdr. Good for use on a dummy :D

Suggested "BIS"-List

This list is only a suggestion, since you can get ilvl 150 items from different places, there are multiple ways to achieve your wanted endgame stats, which is roughly 19% ST, 60%+ mhchance, 25%+ vigor, OOC.

Weapon: Pinky or any ilvl 135+ dropping from Laveka. Ideal would be ilvl 150 Laveka weapon.

Shield: Frontline Bulwark

Helmet+Shoulders+Legs+Feet I’d recommend RMT tokens. They are easy to get and you can upgrade them just with enough RMT farming to ilvl 150.

For Chest piece Bullet-Laden Vest (BLV) is without a doubt superior over the RMT token, just because the other tokens already have alot of strikethrough and BLV has perfect stats for DPS engi.

The problem with BLV is, that afaik only Mordechai drops it, and rolling it as 150 is going to be pretty rare compared to getting the RMT token chest to ilvl 150.

For gloves I recommend eldan gloves 120. Rune them with striker/ruthless. For max dps run enrage in your gloves, but make sure that a medic in your raid runs shredder.

WA: Ish’amel’s Frizlet Spike, SS: Captain Redmoon’s Log, Implant: Alacrity Cipher

Gadget: Emergency Re-Rebreather

Runing RMT Gear

Your main general rune set with RMT gear is “Basher” for Engi. (remember +2 general RMT and +3 class RMT runes are unique in your whole set of equipment)

You want three +1 Basher in your feet.

The +2 Basher and +1 Basher in your Weapon (with Venom, perfectly ilvl 140 from RMT vendor) and Pandemic +2 and +1 and Flurry in your Chest (or visa versa General Weapon and Chest runes).

+2 and +1 Broadside in your Helmet + Barrage fusion rune.

Legs/Shoulders Upgraded GA/DS sets, adept runes according to ST needs.

Suggested Matrix Ways

This will be based on what you want out of the Primal Matrix, you can either farm heroism or farm DPS. If you are farming heroism in order to farm P10 expeditions efficiently, then you just want to get everything in all the cheap hexagons before you move out to the 10k nodes (depending on how much essence grinding you do). There you only want to use the 7.5k violet nodes to reach them.

Gnar’s Matrix Way:
If you are farming DPS then I would suggest following the below picture. This gets a quick point in black hole because it is a lot of fun to use and has some useful utility. From there it’s just about aiming for the ability points on the right hand side. My reasoning for this is the remaining AMPs such as Unstable Volatility and Shrapnel Rounds are only a 1-2% DPS increase each. Whereas extra ability points could be used to try many different builds in the future such as T4 QB or T4 VI that could give a lot more than 1-2%. In the short term you can take T8 TA with only 2-3 extra ability points.

ozdMcmE.jpg

Sushi’s Matrix Way:

In contrast to Gnar I didn’t care about Black Hole skill at all, because we always have in our raid a main Engi Tank (+5 Dps Engis) that is running it anyway. So I went for a mix of efficient P10 farming while still aiming for a high dps increase. In the 2nd matrix picture you can see what I aimed for.

I would like to point your attention especially towards the distribution of MHsev points. They are pretty much clustered in the left upper corner - which is why I aimed for them first and then got the needed ability points to run Arti t7 and TA T8. I tested TA T8 after I already got the MHsev points, so you might wanna get the needed ability points for Arti t7 and TA T8 first, before aiming for the MHsev points.

MTicVu0.jpg

Abbreviations

ST = single target
AOE = area of effect
BC = bolt caster
BS = bioshell
TA = target acquisition
MS = Mortar Strike
VI = volatile injection
EA = energy auger
EC = electrocute
UA = unstable anomaly
QB = quick burst
ITZ = in the zone
OOC = out of combat
CD = cooldown

TL;DR

scroll up and read the whole guide, slacker!

Edited by SushiCore
  • Like 6

hobbit   

Thanks sushi :)

Are you going to add amp builds? I think it would really complete this guide.

Thanks sushi :)

Are you going to add amp builds? I think it would really complete this guide.

thanks for the comment :).

do you mean for pre-rmt? because for rmt I've added my current amp list included in the section "RMT Build" at the end.

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for making this guide. This is a great help for me and any engis going into RMT.

Could you expand a bit on your choice of weapon fusion (venom vs detonation)?

chriser   

sup,

nice guide, good to know that I am doing a lot of stuff already like you :D

some points from my side:

1. what about the rejuvenation set? I think it is a bit better than pandemic.
  2. are the 120 eldan gauntlets really better than 150 set gauntlets? (i have my +2/+1 basher in there, but I also have a pinky, so I dont have slot problems in the weapon)
  3. when you neither have a pinky nor eldan gauntlets, I think the best runing would be pandemic/rejuvenation/basher in hands/weapon/chest.
  4. you prefer armor pierce AMPs over crit AMPs?

I hope they will make changes to electrodrill, because the projectile sucks balls. I like the general idea, but the cast time, gcd AND slow moving projectile just kill it.

Thanks guys for this positive feedback!

Really happy to hear that it helps engis out there :-).

Could you expand a bit on your choice of weapon fusion (venom vs detonation)?

I was using detonation for quite some time, but with the change to RMT set the amount of direct hits which you do as an engi decreases. So I remember doing some tests on the dummy months back on PTR before RMT was released and venom seemed to do more dmg than detonation.

To elaborate more regards your question I took some time yesterday to think about it and made some approximations.

Engineers do roughly 1.9 direct hits/second * 0,1 (10% chance of detonation prok) * 1700 dmg/prok (ilvl 140 detonation) equals about 323 dps.

Venom (ilvl 140) does according to the tooltip 350 dps. I looked into some tiny logs of mine and it seems venom has a uptime of about 92% due to the downtime when the 5s dot runs out until you do the next hit, since you have 100% chance to prok venom with every direct hit

Which means that venom gives you a DPS increase of ~322.

With those rough approximations both seem to be equal. The reason why I still prefer venom over detonation is you can become pretty unlucky with the 10% prok and therefore have a higher downtime between two detonation proks.

Also with TA t8 you are able to cleave 9 targets and apply venom on all of them at once, detonation always hits only 5 targets at max - from my understanding.

So in the end besides those fights with many targets I won't be that big of a difference over long terms, but I'd still recommend venom.

sup,

nice guide, good to know that I am doing a lot of stuff already like you :D

some points from my side:

1. what about the rejuvenation set? I think it is a bit better than pandemic.
  2. are the 120 eldan gauntlets really better than 150 set gauntlets? (i have my +2/+1 basher in there, but I also have a pinky, so I dont have slot problems in the weapon)
  3. when you neither have a pinky nor eldan gauntlets, I think the best runing would be pandemic/rejuvenation/basher in hands/weapon/chest.
  4. you prefer armor pierce AMPs over crit AMPs?

I hope they will make changes to electrodrill, because the projectile sucks balls. I like the general idea, but the cast time, gcd AND slow moving projectile just kill it.

Nice to hear that you do already alot like us :D!

1. About rejuvenation set: What you are basically doing is trading 801 vigor against 125 mhit and 677 critchance (hope I didn't miscalculate here :D). I put the stat changes into the DMG calculator written by Gnar and it seems that Pandemic gives you a slight dps increase over Rejuvenation, which fits with our section "Stats Priority", where critchance is obviously the worst stat.

2. We haven't tested this TBH, just because both our guilds handle the glove coins that we give them to healers/tanks first and Gnar and me have 6/6 eldan gloves. Also you won't be able to use ruthless 8/8.

3. I don't see the problem not having a pinky. You can just put +2 +1 pandemic or +2 +1 basher in your 130+ weapon (+ fusion rune) and the other +2 +1 (pandemic or basher) into your chest, like I wrote. So there is no difference (in runing your major general runes) from having a pinky to not having a pinky but a ilvl 130+ weapon, because the other 3 slots in the pinky are used anyway for 3 times +1 basher, which you either have with pinky, or not.

4. Yes armor pierce are clearly better than crit amps.

I hope too that they'll change electrodrill completely. I don't like this really slow animation.

Hope they can somehow fit it in the engi play style and make it a pretty difficult rotation to play :-).

Hope that helped you guys!

Edited by SushiCore

chriser   

1. well, I only calculated the raw values without any simulation, and rejuvenation was a little bit better there.

but if you have a nice sim, I will trust you there :D

2. yea, Ascension and Hardmentors... I had to think a bit what you mean with ruthless... FeelsBadMan

3. but if you don't use eldan gauntlets (because they are still at ilvl 100 :( ), you have only 3 slots in your hands, so you will need a +2/+1 to use a fusion rune. which means your weapon, chest and hands will need +2/+1, which would be basher, pandemic and reju.

3. but if you don't use eldan gauntlets (because they are still at ilvl 100 :( ), you have only 3 slots in your hands, so you will need a +2/+1 to use a fusion rune. which means your weapon, chest and hands will need +2/+1, which would be basher, pandemic and reju.

Yup, I agree! :)

Anyone have an aura for Mortar Strike they want to share?

could you be a bit more specific on what you want the aura to do?

do you wanna see your cooldown or just your ms stacks?

I personally use a combination of candybar to see MS cooldown+GCD and have a lui aura overlying to see when I have more than 3 stacks of broadside.

could you be a bit more specific on what you want the aura to do?

do you wanna see your cooldown or just your ms stacks?

I personally use a combination of candybar to see MS cooldown+GCD and have a lui aura overlying to see when I have more than 3 stacks of broadside.

I do not know what the original poster is looking for but I would like to see your stacks of broadside lui aura. I don't really understand how to use lui to create my own auras.

there you go. if you need more auras let me know, I am pretty familiar with lui aura.

MS Stacks

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"source":"1","enable":true,"input":"{v}","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Center","position":"CC","anchor":"II","posX":0,"posY":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","behavior":"Always","enable":false,"inset":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"stacks":{"source":"1","enable":true,"input":"{v}","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Right","position":"TR","anchor":"II","posX":-2,"posY":4,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"locked":true,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Buff","duration":{"threshold":0},"border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"stacks":{"value":0,"operator":">="},"spellName":"87520","spellOwner":true,"name":"Buff","unit":"Player"}],"charges":{"enable":true,"input":"{v}","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Left","position":"TL","anchor":"II","posX":0,"posY":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"duration":0.25,"growth":"Down","spacingX":3,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","spacingY":3,"source":"1","priority":0,"important":false,"rows":3},"actionsets":[true,true,true,true],"text":{"enable":false,"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Center","position":"BC","anchor":"OI","posX":0,"posY":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"behavior":"All","name":"MS Stacks","animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"invert":false,"shape":"Icon","color":{"a":160,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0}},"icon":{"strata":6,"posY":-90,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255},"tooltip":false,"width":64,"sprite":"Icon_SkillEngineer_Mortar_Strike","posX":-221,"height":64,"source":"1","anchor":"Screen","enable":true},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"direction":"Left","source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":125,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"border":"gradient","sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255},"posY":0,"border_inset":0,"animation":"Linear","sprite_border":"border_thin","width":300,"radialmin":90,"border_size":15,"height":64,"position":"CR","sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","color_empty":{"a":255,"r":125,"g":125,"b":125},"posX":0,"sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

there you go. if you need more auras let me know, I am pretty familiar with lui aura.

MS Stacks

{"setting":{"enable":true,"duration":{"source":"1","enable":true,"input":"{v}","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Center","position":"CC","anchor":"II","posX":0,"posY":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"border":{"sprite":"sprActionBar_YellowBorder","behavior":"Always","enable":false,"inset":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"stacks":{"source":"1","enable":true,"input":"{v}","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Right","position":"TR","anchor":"II","posX":-2,"posY":4,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"locked":true,"sound":{"enable":false,"force":false},"triggers":[{"triggerType":"Buff","duration":{"threshold":0},"border":{"color":{"a":255,"b":255,"g":255,"r":255}},"stacks":{"value":0,"operator":">="},"spellName":"87520","spellOwner":true,"name":"Buff","unit":"Player"}],"charges":{"enable":true,"input":"{v}","font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Left","position":"TL","anchor":"II","posX":0,"posY":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"dynamic":{"direction":"Right","columns":10,"enable":false,"duration":0.25,"growth":"Down","spacingX":3,"transition":1,"sort":"Longest","spacingY":3,"source":"1","priority":0,"important":false,"rows":3},"actionsets":[true,true,true,true],"text":{"enable":false,"font":"CRB_FloaterSmall","align":"Center","position":"BC","anchor":"OI","posX":0,"posY":0,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255}},"behavior":"All","name":"MS Stacks","animation":{"Start":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0},"End":{"zoomScale":1,"effect":"None","enable":false,"duration":1,"slideEnable":false,"slideOffsetX":0,"zoomEnable":false,"slideTransition":1,"slideOffsetY":0}},"overlay":{"direction":"Invert","source":"1","animation":"Radial","enable":true,"invert":false,"shape":"Icon","color":{"a":160,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0}},"icon":{"strata":6,"posY":-90,"color":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255},"tooltip":false,"width":64,"sprite":"Icon_SkillEngineer_Mortar_Strike","posX":-221,"height":64,"source":"1","anchor":"Screen","enable":true},"visibility":{"infight":true,"combat":true,"group":true,"raid":true,"solo":true,"pvp":true},"bar":{"color_bg":{"a":255,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"direction":"Left","source":"1","radialmax":90,"enable":false,"color_border":{"a":125,"r":0,"g":0,"b":0},"border":"gradient","sprite_empty":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","spacing":0,"invert":false,"color_fill":{"a":255,"r":255,"g":255,"b":255},"posY":0,"border_inset":0,"animation":"Linear","sprite_border":"border_thin","width":300,"radialmin":90,"border_size":15,"height":64,"position":"CR","sprite_bg":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill","color_empty":{"a":255,"r":125,"g":125,"b":125},"posX":0,"sprite_fill":"BasicSprites:WhiteFill"}},"export":"aura"}

Thank you!

eithos69   

Hey guys, I wanted to ask you some advice cause I've been playing the RMT rotation for a couple of weeks now but I'm not satisfied with my damage output.

I don't know if something is wrong with the general rotation I do after the "open" or if it's a problem with my stats.

Here are roughtly my stats :

Assault Power : 5100
Multi-Hit : 68% (9.6k rating)
vigor : 21 ~ 22 %
st to cap of course.

I usually output around 26-33k dps single target. The thing is I've seen some other ingee like suhsi or Mr pebble or jim connor doing much more dps than I am (from 35k to 45k single target depending on the fight) .

I honnestly think my gear isn't that bad compared to them I'm full 135-145 + from p13 dj.

I must do something wrong.

Could someone write a "generic rotation" for after the opener ?

Or maybe I should track more things with auras to perfect the uptime of TA for exemple (I'm currently tracking broadside stacks and I also have an icon on BS for when I need NOT to cast it cause of In the Zone buff)

I've seen those ingee stack broadside before the fight And I tested that but still I looks like I lack something to maximize my damage output.

Thx all in advance for the tips

Cheers

Volk HA

if you really want help to improve your dps I will try my best to help you.

first of all posting your dps doesn't tell me a thing. the dps you posted and the dps which is possible single target, varies so much that those numbers are without a proper context basically meaningless.

so instead of taking a look at your dps, we should rather take a look at your spell number hits per time unit and your execution overall.

this means you have several options here: the basic one would be to go to the next dummy where you can parse without spikes/lag (which I basically always have on housing) so for you maybe illium or thayd might be the best option. parse for example 3 minutes or 4 minutes and log it. then post the me log here and I will analyze it and tell you what could be done better. execution, ITZ uptime and of course GCD.

ideal would be, if you would also post a video of that parsing so small flaws which might be harder to see in the logs as numbers can be seen very easily while you execute - especially GCD flaws that lead up to big dps loss - as explained in my guide.

then, if you perform really well in those 3 minutes (which should be easy doable for any good engi) doesn't mean that you will be able to do the same execution of your rotation and adaption in real fights. like keeping broadside stacks up all the time by shooting in thin air, using sprint in GCD like an instant cast (etc, everything explained in the guide).

but let's improve your rotation first on the dummy and then in "live action" - you can also link me some logs here from boss fights - so I can compare your execution on dummy and on real fights.

hello again.

first of all add me as account friend ingame so we can have better conversations - or even better would be if you joined Bloodpact Discord and PM me there privately. you can get me there basically all the time.

https://discord.gg/qyrRcpM

so I looked at your log and the mini fight is a really bad fight to compare anything so I took a look at mordechai. mordechai actually shows if you play and adapt as engi properly.

several reasons: because you have to line up your innate with the moo, you should not get hit by the box because of TA channel and in general missing out dps uptime and so on... playing the midphase perfectly is just wonderful and so satisfying as engi :-D.

ok I will start with the crucial flaws I see which you should focus first on. this means you don't play the basic rotation properly. I will get later back to your for a precision-grind but for now we have to focus that you start playing the rotation better.

https://www.wildstarlogs.com/reports/compare/tfWvDZBbjMwc7A6R/pxg9nmdbXFq8TfGz#fight=18,14&source=7,Sushi%20Core&type=damage-done&start=3245383,1644390&end=3427424,1826280

I compared your fight with one of my logs and scaled at to the same time frame. as you can besides the huge DPS difference (many reasons), we do not share a similiar amount of spell hits, meaning:

FIRST major flaw.

you have 120 MS - I have 127 MS hits (that would be OK and we could start trying to fix small flaws - BUT)

you have 97 TA - I have 134 TA hits - which is massive difference.

so first of all you do not use your TA on CD which you should and let all 4 channels hit the enemy - for whatever reason. like my guide stays you always wanna keep TA on CD and hit with all 4 hits (except the one that starts the rotation)

from a logical point of view the generic rotation is: Keep MS pressed until TA is off CD - use TA (all 4 hits) start with MS right after again! TA and MS are your main dmg spells - you want to maximize those!!

since I do not see how to exactly played the rotation there are many reasons why you missed those TA hits. I could try to name them now like, GCD, false dodging (GCD), not proper energy managment -> downtime, not all 4 hits from TA, boxes from midphase and so on... I will get more in detail when I see your rotation video.

2nd thing if you look at the BS hits you have 15 and I have 21. those 6 in difference actually matter alot. you seem to have some energy problems which lead to fewer MS/TA hits. because either you have downtime or you have to dodge way more which might not be efficient because you don't time them in GCD properly.

there are several other things.. but like I already said MOST IMPORTANT is that we manage that you play the basic rotation properly!

I will explain later on the "special tricks and hints" and stuff to min max and optimize stuff.

cheers.

Edited by SushiCore

alyse   

Hello, I was wondering if everything in the guide is still correct since it is over a year old.

I just got my rmt set on my engineer alt a couple weeks ago and have some questions:

1.  I do have full matrix, so for single target fights, is this still the way to go? You want to have MS T8, TA T7, QB T4, BS T4, VI Base, EA Base.

I feel like 25% tenacity is weak compared to t8 TA even single target.  What is your current dps difference on single target between these specs?

2.  When you cast TA, does it snapshot your MS stacks or does each tick of TA look at your current stack level?

3.  Do you have some engineer dps calculator to share for stat optimization?

Thank you

Posted (edited)

sorry for the late reply. I usually checked the thread every 2-3 days, but seems like I was super busy the last month, so I forgot to check it.

1.)

yea I didn't update the thread since it covers basically everything for beginners up to advanced people.

what it misses are our "latest" changes (which are probably one year old) of MIN MAxing dps - which MS t8 TA t8 is a part of. you always wanna run that build with BS t5, arti t8, QB base.

the quick burst t4 upgrade is just not worth it, like u said and like I actually told in this thread - which we had to figure out at that time when the thread was written.

another thing which I might wanna add here is that you always wanna run VI base - so don't get the idea of putting that 1 extra point from BS t5 into VI since, lower VI don't refresh higher tiers.

2.) i can't answer this to be honest. it wouldn't change your rotation anyway - so I never spend time to figure it out.

after talking to gnar, he reminded me that wildstar usually doesn't snapshot anything. if you think about it, it makes actually sense. best example is old BC BS build, where bioshell used the stats of the current volatile % - so it calculated the dmg if you are in zone when BS hits and not when u fired it.

3.) the dps calculator spreadsheet is gnar's. so I dont wanna just link it here. i asked him to look at your questions, so it's up to him to give it to you and maybe he can answer 2.)

if you or anyone else has questions about min maxing stuff - since I won't update the guide anytime soon, if the game situation doesn't change, you might wanna join bloodpact discord. i still play frequently and I am online there basically 24/7 to answer questions if you message me privately.

https://discord.gg/qyrRcpM

also I noticed that you cannot update your starting post of your own threads anymore.

cheers!

Edited by SushiCore

In hindsight we should have updated this guide after sushi and I had maxed heroism and tested everything in p1 ga. 

Those last 5 ability points are pretty wasted on an engi. It's the same DPS increase no matter where you put the points, t8 arty just has a but of extra utility. The snare was surprisingly useful on starmap/laveka/augmentors when adds were stacked.

As far as I remember nothing in wildstar snapshots stats, wildstar even recalculated stats while projectiles were in the air. Which is why we cast above 70 vol so the spell is in the zone when it lands.

The DPS calculator spreadsheet is a bit of a mess now. Not very user friendly. The stat priority section of this guide is still correct so if you follow that you can't go wrong. 

- Gnar