Sign in to follow this  
Seztren

Electro-Drill rework when?

Seztren   

It's still just as worthless as it was in its first iteration, not even worth spending the Violet Essence to unlock it. Engineer remains the only class with a DPS ability that is so incredibly bad.

It has a  cast and long GCD, making it a massive dps loss to work into any Engineer rotation unless the damage it does somehow surpasses that loss; meaning it would have to deal a metric buttload of damage to ever be worth casting. Unfortunately, its damage is rather pathetic, and its tiers are worthless.

I'd be happy to explain to any Developer how the RMT Engineer DPS rotation works, and why Drill is absolute filthy garbage in that rotation, if it would help shine some light on why their design isn't working and what they may need to do to rework it.

I'm still just completely baffled that somehow Espers get a skill that gives 10% more damage at base, and Engineer gets literally garbage.

Edited by Seztren
  • Like 2

It's still just as worthless as it was in its first iteration, not even worth spending the Violet Essence to unlock it. Engineer remains the only class with a DPS ability that is so incredibly bad.

Um..........

...I think the Spell Slingers might give you a very stinky eye if they were to read that.  I mean, E-Drill is dumb, but is it mag-dumb?

But, more on topic, I refuse to spend points on E-Drill.  It will be the last damn thing I unlock in my matrix.  It's already a massive pain in the butt to get purple essence, so why would I waste it on an ability that hasn't foreseeable usage in any good dps rotation, whether its Elec, BC or MS.  Everything in the Engi rotation is built around either instant cast (BC, MS, BS) or channeled (Elec, TA, PE) builds.  Why the hell would any of us want an ability that drops overall damage output, forces a greater GCD, and MOVES AT THE PACE OF AN OLD LADY?  Also, to get the most out of it, you have to be at the absolute max range of your target, which is not always a good idea as you may miss out on raid buffs or heals.

Nothing about E-Drill makes sense to me as it currently is, but I have come to the conclusion that someone at Carbine saw this as a 'neat idea' and got so tunneled in on it that they don't understand why the player base dislikes it.  The same could be said for Magnum.  In theory, they sound like interesting abilities with equally interesting methods of working that add something to the class, but in practical usage they are not very well received.

Edited by iamgodandyoudie

soreanan   

Um..........

...I think the Spell Slingers might give you a very stinky eye if they were to read that.  I mean, E-Drill is dumb, but is it mag-dumb?

Uh yeah magnums actually good for some situations, edrill is actually useless and has zero place in any engineer build currently. Atleast we got black hole to compensate i guess.

Seztren   

Um..........

Mag can actually be used in some builds, Electrodrill is literally worthless.

bumping this, because I am really curious if there is a rework planned in the foreseeable future.

Edited by SushiCore

tacomel   

Bump

Nice animation but the only unviable DPS ability across every class in primal matrix.