Sign in to follow this  
Legends303

The state of Wildstar

So the steam sale looks it was not a success, the game is still barren in peak hours, no new content since 3 months ago. Redmoon Terror raid seems so far away. I think this game is on its last legs. I really liked wildstar and thought it had potential but the devs really bungled this one and doesn't look a recovery is anywhere near sight.

Mr CK   

How do you know the Steam users didn't all migrate to a normal non-steam client and we still have over 5k concurrent users daioy?

Milhouse   

We would have also accepted "An open letter to Carbine..." as the title.

• Like 1

How do you know the Steam users didn't all migrate to a normal non-steam client and we still have over 5k concurrent users daioy?

I am one of those that started due to the Steam rollout, but due to it NOT starting the day it was supposed to I went ahead and got the Carbine download.  I use steam's so I can use the steam wallet to purchase protobucks, but due to what seems like bad optimization on the Steam version, I play using the non-Steam.  So I am not counted in the Steam herd.

However since I started playing it does seem the population has dropped, though last week it picked up again, it seems to have dropped even lower this week.  Obviously this is purely subjective, I do not pretend to have inside data.

Well, it is summer time, and around this time is when a lot of fairs and other town/county/state events are going on, and people taking vacations.

NCsoft will publish a state-of-the-game report in about three weeks. Then we have a clear picture about success or failure of Steam and Arcterra.

Oldar   

I am a returning player and I came to play with my 4 subscribed months I purchased last year but never used them.

I entered into the game 1 week before it go on Steam and I keep playing every day since.

In my eyes Steam access made a very good job bringing A LOT of new players. I have characters in both sides (Jabbit EU - Exiles and Dominion) and I see the zones from level 1-30 to be crowded all day long. If they fix the problem with the queues, I think that the Steam move overall will be more than successful. Remember an MMO title never dies as long as the devs keeping the servers open. Each one of them has its core population to go on. We just need this core to be enough so that the game pays for its expenses.

• Like 1

I am a returning player and I came to play with my 4 subscribed months I purchased last year but never used them.

I entered into the game 1 week before it go on Steam and I keep playing every day since.

In my eyes Steam access made a very good job bringing A LOT of new players. I have characters in both sides (Jabbit EU - Exiles and Dominion) and I see the zones from level 1-30 to be crowded all day long. If they fix the problem with the queues, I think that the Steam move overall will be more than successful. Remember an MMO title never dies as long as the devs keeping the servers open. Each one of them has its core population to go on. We just need this core to be enough so that the game pays for its expenses.

From a technical perspective the Steam release was a success. We did not experience server crashes and prolonged downtimes. From the perspective of marketing the launch allured many new players at the beginning.

The questions will be now how many of the new players will stay and - more important- how much money will they spend on a regular basis. The statistics on Steam are still going down. We have to wait for a stabilisation. As you said the game needs a core of a decent size generating stable and decent sales to survive a longer time. It is not enough to cover expanses. NCsoft wants its share too. The future of the studio is also not safe if it is not  able to generate higher sales to start future projects.

Edited by Morlewanu

Oldar   

Only time can tell us for sure. For now Carbine is showing to hear the community's opinions and this is the main reason I decided to come back. If things go well I will never leave this game.

Nowadays, it is not the great music nor the visuals or even the gameplay that makes a gamer to stay in a MMO... The company who supports the game makes the difference.

I am coming from Rift, another F2P game, and although the game graded me 3 wonderful years, the company who owns it, decided to turn into another direction... So the last months I witness hostile and cash-grabing moves against their community who made them what they now are... Today, a lot of these players came into Wildstar or went in other MMOs (the ones that do not like space-cyberpunk theme).

We need to be patience in order to see things taking a form. Slow and steadily with the right decisions Wildstar can come out a winner. My greatest and more successful example into gaming industry is Path Of Exile. Another gender yes, but if you check their marketing moves and their dedication they have when they do something for their game, you can only see the loving passion for what they are doing...

If Carbine follows the later example I can see only profits for them and for the players as well...

Edited by Oldar

arcdevil   

It was to be expected. China was touted to be the savior, Steam release was just the icing on the cake, to make money on top of more money,and improve and already much improved situation

With China BETA turning out a bust that had to be cancelled, the game was dead that very moment. Steam can make it last a lil while longer but it will never be a turning point for the better by itself.

Realistically, this game "died" months ago when the last hope, the China miracle, was squashed,but like in Kill Bill it still could walk 5 steps...well, now we'r about to take the 5th...

Edited by arcdevil

Communication ...been killing the game since Frost left. Despite numerous statements from Carbine on the matter, one or two weeks later, it's the same old deaf dumb mute! Bugs are starting to pop up in the starting zones ( welcome to Wildstar ) the Dev's will have no idea....because they don't play the bloody game!!! If you can actually find a game related response in the Dev tracker ? They normally go “ can you give more information on this ? “ let me think ? “ it's the bug that's effecting every player in the zone “ The feedback I'm getting from Carbine ? They are just sat waiting for Ncsoft to close the game down, and they no longer care!....If I had my way, I'd sack the lot of them now.

Naix   

I wanted the game to at least pick up enough that it at least seemed active, at this point I see nexus chat which seems like a shitfest of activity but I can't even queue up a dungeon alone (even if bugged, it's been bugged for a week or so) or find anything happening in LFG really. It's kind of a shame but I'm feeling like we've gone even further downhill since multi-queue was added, honestly it's really a shame, it's a good game in a lot of ways except how it's been managed.

Edited by Naix

They really should just drop the faction barriers. There's no reason we can't just group up with members of the other faction to do raids, dungeons, bgs, etc. There should be no chat barrier either. The factions should just be cosmetic and lore specific. Simply combining the factions would inherently increase decrease the queue times, etc. Furthermore, there should be added rewards for queuing as a healer or tank to encourage more people to do it. This would help make up for the dramatic increase in dps players when combining the two factions as some people have noted. 

Edited by Mental Surge
  • Like 1

Gutseen   

- This post has been moderated - 

FireFalls former fanbase after patch 1.6-1.7 disadverted the game so hard its near dead state as ever. 

~300 playing, moving the game server on a PC, layoffs etc.

DONT EVER underestimate the fanbase, cuz if u *cupcake* up or get on its bad side... ur screwd 2 the end. 

Olivar   

FireFalls former fanbase after patch 1.6-1.7 disadverted the game so hard its near dead state as ever. 

~300 playing, moving the game server on a PC, layoffs etc.

DONT EVER underestimate the fanbase, cuz if u *cupcake*up or get on its bad side... ur screwd 2 the end. 

Except we've been hearing this same crap for nearly three years now.

THis game was dead hen it's closed beta ended according the forums.

And guess what, we're still around.

• Like 1

Except we've been hearing this same crap for nearly three years now.

THis game was dead hen it's closed beta ended according the forums.

And guess what, we're still around.

For how much longer ? We need new players in the game, the Devs can't keep getting away with the sloppy shit that greets those players after minutes of playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KCqhxxz_c&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

For how much longer ? We need new players in the game, the Devs can't keep getting away with the sloppy shit that greets those players after minutes of playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KCqhxxz_c&feature=youtu.be

I think this should be a priority fix. Such a bizarre and stupid bug that shouldn't be happening at all. Happened to me when I began my new Aurin Engineer and I saw it happen to another player while trying to kill that enemy. Also the Xenobite Egg Smasher challenge wouldn't start at all from anywhere in the cave.

Great first impressions to new players right here  <_< If I hadn't been playing for so long and already used to the amount of bugs in the game, I would've quit immediately.