Sign in to follow this  
terserong.kanor

wildstar @ steam

well, i still have no idea what will be a steam equivalent of ncoin, because i heard that ws was about to start steam released as I read from reddit.com

thank god, i'm about to spend more money with my game cards, this was a blessing for us se asians: we can buy virtual cash with steam wallet.

still, there are no murkmire/dreadmoor/halon announced. (excuse for bad english)

Source: (http://feed.wildweave.net/news/previews/drop-7-destination-arcterra-first-facts-overview-2-292)

Edited by terserong.kanor
  • Like 5

Olivar   

I am THRILLED to see WildStar coming to Steam! That's a wealth of new players!

inb4 hype, massive influx, massive exodus.

• Like 9

inb4 hype, massive influx, massive exodus.

Yeah, yeah, Debbie Downer. 

So negative.  :(

• Like 3

Olivar   

Yeah, yeah, Debbie Downer. 

So negative.  :(

I hope to be proven wrong, I really do.

But seeing how launch, F2p relaunch went, I just don't want to hold up any hopes anymore and just see what comes.

• Like 1

I hope to be proven wrong, I really do.

But seeing how launch, F2p relaunch went, I just don't want to hold up any hopes anymore and just see what comes.

So best to just take a dump all over everyone else's hopeful thoughts. I get it. No, really. I get it.

Geez, Oli. This game has really turned you around in the last year.  :(

• Like 4

Olivar   

So best to just take a dump all over everyone else's hopeful thoughts. I get it. No, really. I get it.

Geez, Oli. This game has really turned you around in the last year.  :(

yeah well, what do you expect?

F2P hype, which was fine for me, but the promised content?

All we've seen was nothing but a pure focus on the cash shop, improvements to the cash shop, money grab events and the overal community spoke about it.

Heck when I log in on Wildstar now, Illium is empty.

And I've been defending the game for a long time that it's not dead and worth playing.

I can only conjure up so much hope and preserverance.

I love playing with my guild and doing the raids, but at the moment that's it for most of us.

So this new drop/content better delivers.

• Like 4

Tea   

yeah well, what do you expect?

F2P hype, which was fine for me, but the promised content?

All we've seen was nothing but a pure focus on the cash shop, improvements to the cash shop, money grab events and the overal community spoke about it.

Heck when I log in on Wildstar now, Illium is empty.

And I've been defending the game for a long time that it's not dead and worth playing.

I can only conjure up so much hope and preserverance.

I love playing with my guild and doing the raids, but at the moment that's it for most of us.

So this new drop/content better delivers.

Is Illium empty even on Jabbit? Here I'm saving my omnibits in case I would have to change servers (Carbine taking their time to deal with dead pvp servers). But perhaps it wouldn't make a difference then? 

Olivar   

Is Illium empty even on Jabbit? Here I'm saving my omnibits in case I would have to change servers (Carbine taking their time to deal with dead pvp servers). But perhaps it wouldn't make a difference then? 

What I post here is based on my perception.

But over the past week I've logged in on Wildstar and saw the "nearby player count" never exceed 20.

And that was during weekends, prime time and what not.

The city feels empty, and a lot of my guild members think the same.

Maybe we're unlucky and all got zoned into the less filled zone, but I doubt it.

Pretty sure the B&S launch is responsible for this, and I hope these changes bring people back.

Tea   

Well, 20 is a bit more than the 1-2 on Luminai :P

But it doesn't sound populated enough to make me want to rush a server change. Better wait then I guess for the steam launch and see what happens to servers then =)

iad   

Oh cool, didn't realize it was coming to Steam.

I come and go in WS, but I play a variety of games too. Currently re-playing Oblivion and intend to finally beat it this time through.

I do consider ways WS could be improved though, as I play it through. I should probably post suggestions on the forums more often.

Multi players dungeon would help make end game content more enjoyable. As it is we have to find 5 players for dungeon runs which is pretty limiting. Pity they didn't add multi player in adventure.

Steam can only do the game good, sure you will get lots of coming and going! F2P was a great relaunch of the game for new players ( not so much for long term ) Being a avid twitch watcher it's amazing how many people don't know about Wildstar, steam costs a company money, but it also generates advertisement in a way Carbine could never afford.

How many that use steam now have games they never knew even existed ? on a personal level...I need more fingers   

Typrop   

Can you just... stop.

Go back to the person who was actually happy and talked like a Chua...

Miss those days... :'(

Oli is just grumpy because I'm not around to rub their belly much anymore. They'll be fine

What I post here is based on my perception.

But over the past week I've logged in on Wildstar and saw the "nearby player count" never exceed 20.

And that was during weekends, prime time and what not.

The city feels empty, and a lot of my guild members think the same.

Maybe we're unlucky and all got zoned into the less filled zone, but I doubt it.

Pretty sure the B&S launch is responsible for this, and I hope these changes bring people back.

Can you just... stop.

Go back to the person who was actually happy and talked like a Chua...

Miss those days... :'(

• Like 2

well, i still have no idea what will be a steam equivalent of ncoin, because i heard that ws was about to start steam released as I read from reddit.com

thank god, i'm about to spend more money with my game cards, this was a blessing for us se asians: we can buy virtual cash with steam wallet.

still, there are no murkmire/dreadmoor/halon announced. (excuse for bad english)

Source: (http://feed.wildweave.net/news/previews/drop-7-destination-arcterra-first-facts-overview-2-292)

NCoin is NCoin, whether purchased via steam or not. Any purchases via steam will have the revenue split between NCSOFT and valve. Games don't add new currency because they go on Steam.

Orrestes   

I keep seeing, Steam will bring more players!  Why?  Is it publicity that Steam provides?  That is the only thing I can think of, because MMO's been out and f2p and easy to access and anyone not living under a rock that plays MMO's knows its out there.  

And B&S did take players, but more than likely will come back once new content is released.  The big gripes for this game, other than bugs, are more prevelent in that game.  RNG loot boxes, Questing and kill x amount of things is by far 90% of the quests and cant "share" mobs to complete quests, not alt-friendly at all, grindy, difficultly level (it's harder than people think, especially the world bosses).  So many dailies.  But the combat is fun.  Did I mention RNG galore either it being RNG stats on weapons/gear so you grind that item over and over to get the best stat and also the RNG of what drops out of "loot" boxes?  Combat is a blast though.  And character customization is good with class variety/balance being there.  The solo dungeons are good, and would love to see this be implemented into Wildstar.

• Like 1

Is this Steam thing happening at the same time as the next drop? It's like they never learn. They tried the Drop 6 + F2P together, and it wasn't pretty. Seems like they should just do Drop 7 first and then Steam.... or perhaps they have no say in this arrangement.

Is this Steam thing happening at the same time as the next drop? It's like they never learn. They tried the Drop 6 + F2P together, and it wasn't pretty. Seems like they should just do Drop 7 first and then Steam.... or perhaps they have no say in this arrangement.

There were some fundamental changes that came with Drop 6.  Some to support F2P and others to ease some of the burden of class balance.  Steam is just going to be a different distribution channel.  While it'll take some engineering effort that's probably not even close to the workload Drop 6/F2P required.

EsperXIV   

My advice for people who like the game and want it to succeed, but are now cynical and often vocally negative: Stop posting. Stop bringing up the same tired complaints. Stop acting like the game owes you something. You don't have to leave and you can always post again later. But constantly pissing on this game not only hurts it, it hurts the community.

Think of your fellow gamers.

On Wildstar and Steam: This may be personal experience only, but I think the most important aspect of this situation will come from the reviews. Even if I'm not interested in a specific game I'll sometimes scout to see what's going on with Steam, any sales, anything that seems cool, and I'll always look at the review score (mostly positive, positive, negative, etc.). I don't necessarily decide whether or not to buy based on that, but it will have a considerable impact on my decision. If it's mostly negative and I had no strong interest in the first place, I'll likely just pass. But if I see mostly positive reviews, I'll take a look and in the case of F2P, would probably try it out.

Negative consumer response has hurt this game in the past. Wildstar actually got solid press reviews almost across the board, but there was ~a lot~ of smack-talk from a vocal subset of players haunting this game even a year after its launch. I'd like to see the Steam release freed from that kind of petty nonsense. You know, the bitter antagonist who refuses to let go of their precious grudge.

So people who like Wildstar and want to see it succeed, I strongly encourage you to write reviews on Steam when Wildstar is up. Be honest and passionate and hopefully the vibe will catch.

• Like 3

Typrop   

Chua need belly rubs?

At least one belly rub a month according to DRED. Otherwise Chua become grumpy and ineffective in the work environment.

Higher doses of rubs along with alternatives of ear scratching, face petting, and bomb tossing games are also recommended to keep your Chua happy and healthy.

Edited by Typrop
  • Like 1