Sign in to follow this  
Loui

[Addon] LUI Aura v3.0 - It's finally done!

Loui   

Hi fellow cupcakes!

I'm very proud to announce, that LUI Aura v3 is finally finished.

What is LUI Aura you ask? Let's see...

LUI Aura is a very lightweight Buff / Debuff  Ability / Cast / Cooldown / Threat/ Gadget / Innate / Keybind / Health / Resource / AMP tracker to help you to track all the important things going on in WildStar.

LUI Aura v3 Features:

• NEW: Support for Dynamic Aura Groups.
  • NEW: Support for Progress Bars.
  • NEW: Support for LUI Media.
  • Support for Trigger Groups with individual group behavior.
  • Support for Focus Target / Target of Target tracking.
  • Support for Ingame Sharing as well as importing, exporting auras, aura-groups, bars, spells, trigger.
  • Support for Spellslinger abilities (surged) and Engineer Bot Abilities.
  • Show auras only in certain zones/subzones like Datascape -> Avatus.
  • Show auras only when using certain Actionsets and/or Stances.
  • Predefined Auras/Buffs/Debuffs for Datascape, Genetic Archives and Augmentors.
  • Over 1000 different icons / sprites / textures.
  • More options and ways to setup your aura, than you can ever imagine!
How do i use LUI Aura?
  • Type /luiaura (or /la or /louiaura) to open the option panel or
  • Press the LUI Aura Button on the MicroMenu (Main Menu) to open the option panel.
Download at Curse: LUI Aura v3

Credits:

Thanks to Bloodpact (my guild) for supporting me and especially Scorp who is always willing to test stuff and keeps me going. Thank you guys! <3

Thanks, hope you like it and much fun with it.

Greetings

Loui NaN

<Bloodpact>

EU-Jabbit

Edited by Loui
  • Like 2

Charge   

Good stuff, like the idea, a few questions as I couldn't find the answers in the description / comments.

Be mindful I haven't been able to test it in a raid yet:

Will each icon disappear as an when that buff/debuff is active? (The answer to this will probably answer my next question)

If I activate the "timer" should the icon stay visible with a timer on it?  E.g. - I munched some food to get a food buff and the food icon disappeared - I was kind of expecting a timer to appear over it or is that because it's a personal buff?

Cheers

Edited by Charge

Loui   

Good stuff, like the idea, a few questions as I couldn't find the answers in the description / comments.

Be mindful I haven't been able to test it in a raid yet:

Will each icon disappear as an when that buff/debuff is active? (The answer to this will probably answer my next question)

If I activate the "timer" should the icon stay visible with a timer on it?  E.g. - I munched some food to get a food buff and the food icon disappeared - I was kind of expecting a timer to appear over it or is that because it's a personal buff?

Cheers

For each bar (group of spells) you can either set the behaviour setting to "Show if missing" or "Show if active".

By default it's set to "Show if missing", but of course you can change that to your liking.

Once you get a certain buff/debuff, the icon will disappear, if you have set the bar to show only missing spells.

Once you get a certain buff/debuff, the icon will appear (with timer if you want), if you have set the bar to show active spells.

Also don't forget, that you can add/edit/remove as many bars/spells as you wish.

Loui   

Just updated the addon.

Besides several bugfixes, LUI Aura now also supports numeric buff durations and stacks.

I added a lot of options so you can customize them to your liking.

please, would it be possible to add tutorial text file on few different conditions met aura setups?

I am having trouble with critical hit auras, posted on curse but no reply yet.

Also when I think its all setup right the only thing that pops up is a whole bar full of icons not relating to any of my skills. Also importing from aura mastery from stalker code does not seem to work at all.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/120340-assault-stalker-aura-mastery-feralbynight-style/ << can not get any of these to function by myself or with import.

Ideas? Nothing I try works and the interface etc looks fantastic, just user error I am sure but heck NOTHING working is a problem :D

Edited by MagicStar

Lyxzen   

I could use some help with a script that tracks the Power Cadence AMP of Medics. It builds 1 Accurator every 8s while in combat. If only it was handled with a buff this would be very easy but unfortunately it's not. I checked the combat log and there is an event:

"Player" gains 1 Actuator from Power Cadence

I have absolutely no idea about scripts but I'm sure there is a way to create a trigger and therefore aura with this line that starts a 8s timer once it occurs.

Edited by Lyxzen

Loui   

please, would it be possible to add tutorial text file on few different conditions met aura setups?

I am having trouble with critical hit auras, posted on curse but no reply yet.

Also when I think its all setup right the only thing that pops up is a whole bar full of icons not relating to any of my skills. Also importing from aura mastery from stalker code does not seem to work at all.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/120340-assault-stalker-aura-mastery-feralbynight-style/ << can not get any of these to function by myself or with import.

Ideas? Nothing I try works and the interface etc looks fantastic, just user error I am sure but heck NOTHING working is a problem  :D

Bonuses gained with OnCrit or OnDeflect will always give you some sort of buff, or enemy debuff. 

So you have to create a buff/debuff trigger to track its name.

When importing stuff from AM, there is a pretty high chance that something is messed up, depending on the complexity of your AM aura.

I highly recommend to build all auras from scratch, so you also get to know all the tiny things about LUI Aura.

LUI Aura is divided into two big parts, which are basically two completely different addons with two completely different purposes.

Part 1 is the Aura part, which is what Aura Mastery is.

Part 2 is the "Bar" part, where you can create Buff/Debuff Bars.

By default you will see a large Buff/Debuff Bar tracking all kind of things on yourself and your target.

Go to "Bars" and disable them, if you dont need/want them.

Loui   

I could use some help with a script that tracks the Power Cadence AMP of Medics. It builds 1 Accurator every 8s while in combat. If only it was handled with a buff this would be very easy but unfortunately it's not. I checked the combat log and there is an event:

"Player" gains 1 Actuator from Power Cadence

I have absolutely no idea about scripts but I'm sure there is a way to create a trigger and therefore aura with this line that starts a 8s timer once it occurs.

LUI Aura already has a trigger to track AMP Cooldowns, but it only works for AMPs that create a buff/debuff on you or your target.

Since Power Cadence isnt creating anything... there is nothing we can do :(

I'm really sorry, but i guess you are just not able to track this. *cry*

Lyxzen   

LUI Aura already has a trigger to track AMP Cooldowns, but it only works for AMPs that create a buff/debuff on you or your target.

Since Power Cadence isnt creating anything... there is nothing we can do :(

I'm really sorry, but i guess you are just not able to track this. *cry*

So what are script triggers used for then and what's the language the script has to be written in? I hoped there was a way to fetch the quoted line in the combat log and act as a trigger.

Loui   

So what are script triggers used for then and what's the language the script has to be written in? I hoped there was a way to fetch the quoted line in the combat log and act as a trigger.

Script Triggers are used in very rare cases, where you wanna check something that isnt covered by all existing triggers.

Its normal LUA Code that uses Apollo aka WildStar Addon API to retrieve informations.

The code you enter has to have a return value which is either true or false.

Example:

return GameLib.GetTargetUnit():GetName() == "Loui NaN"

So this script will return either true or false, depending on your target's name.

If you have your trigger behavior set to "Pass" then this trigger will succeed if you have target Loui NaN, otherwise the trigger will fail.

Please be aware that script trigger will cost a lot performance in comparison to everything else you can do with LUI Aura.

So you really should avoid using them and only use them if you really have to.

In your case, regarding Power Cadence, there is nothing you can do.. since it is not possible to retrieve more informations about AMPs / Internal Cooldowns and such.

Edited by Laserloui

Ischh   

Hey!

At first: Awsome AddOn you made there - Easy to use, but VERY powerful aswell.

I need to mention, that I am very new to Wildstar, came from WoW, and used to write around in those AddOns.

I had a Huge Problem with this one on Wildstar. It just didnt work on my German Client. But I made it work for my needs, by Editing within the .XML and .lua files.

The biggest Problem is that some parts of the AddOns UI tries to be Localized.

For Example: wherever a Dropdown is located that cooses Target or Player, its 'Spieler' or 'Ziel' - Your AddOn applies this Text to your Object to remember the chosen value - but within your .lua file (:ProcessTrigger(trigger)) you only expect the english counterpart.

For me I only removed all Localizations from the .XML and most of it Ran - most of it.

(TextId="localizedXYZ" Text ="" -> TextId="" Text="XYZ")

One other Problem:

Within :PostAuraCheck(aura,groupId,auraId) below '-- Check for Duration Text & Overlay' and '-- Check for Stacks' at least source.sUnit seems to be localized aswell('Spieler' = 'Player', 'Ziel' = 'Target'). I just made a fix there for this to be not localized, because I was too lazy for searching a better place.

Sorry for the incredible bad English - Ischh

Miarth   

Understanding this add-on has been challenging for me.

I am try to set up a display of my main spells, so that I know when to hit them - without looking down at the game LAS.

I assume this is possible?

I noticed in the Zone Whitelist - shows only raid zones - does this mean that the aura won't show up in open world/instances other than raid?

Loui   

Hey!

At first: Awsome AddOn you made there - Easy to use, but VERY powerful aswell.

I need to mention, that I am very new to Wildstar, came from WoW, and used to write around in those AddOns.

I had a Huge Problem with this one on Wildstar. It just didnt work on my German Client. But I made it work for my needs, by Editing within the .XML and .lua files.

The biggest Problem is that some parts of the AddOns UI tries to be Localized.

For Example: wherever a Dropdown is located that cooses Target or Player, its 'Spieler' or 'Ziel' - Your AddOn applies this Text to your Object to remember the chosen value - but within your .lua file (:ProcessTrigger(trigger)) you only expect the english counterpart.

For me I only removed all Localizations from the .XML and most of it Ran - most of it.

(TextId="localizedXYZ" Text ="" -> TextId="" Text="XYZ")

One other Problem:

Within :PostAuraCheck(aura,groupId,auraId) below '-- Check for Duration Text & Overlay' and '-- Check for Stacks' at least source.sUnit seems to be localized aswell('Spieler' = 'Player', 'Ziel' = 'Target'). I just made a fix there for this to be not localized, because I was too lazy for searching a better place.

Sorry for the incredible bad English - Ischh

Hi!

I am german myself but i never had any plans in offering localizations.

So there may be many problems when trying to add localizations manually. (dropdowns and many more)

Please use the original english version to avoid errors.

Loui   

Understanding this add-on has been challenging for me.

I am try to set up a display of my main spells, so that I know when to hit them - without looking down at the game LAS.

I assume this is possible?

I noticed in the Zone Whitelist - shows only raid zones - does this mean that the aura won't show up in open world/instances other than raid?

It's a whitelist... so if you add a zone/subzone to the whitelist it will only show up in these zones and nowhere else.

In addition to the zone whitelist you can also check "InRaid" at Visiblity Options. So the aura will only show up if you are part of a raidgroup.

Ischh   

Hi!

I am german myself but i never had any plans in offering localizations.

So there may be many problems when trying to add localizations manually. (dropdowns and many more)

Please use the original english version to avoid errors.

Nono - I use a German Client with the AddOn downloaded from Curse.

My Issue was, that it didnt ran because the version from Curse did localize some things by default. I did not add the localizations, I removed them. Try running your AddOn within a German Wildstar Client and you will see your Dropdowns are localized (i hope they are - else i did something very very wrong)

~ Ischh

zelda053 from Curse reported with a Error-Message. He probably has the same thing i reported here. There is no wndTrigger with the 'name' "Triggers:"..trigger.triggerType, because trigger.triggerType is a localized name within your AddOn.

Edited by Ischh

Create a Group -> Create an Aura -> Add triggers to Aura.  Rinse and repeat for Aura and triggers under the group you created.

Takes all of 10 minutes to figure it out.

Loui   

LUI Aura just got a pretty shiny update.

With v2.1 you can now also track your Focus Target as well as the Target of your Target.

Have fun!

Edited by Laserloui

V.Venge   

Cool addon!

Any way for it to work with atromic spear?

I can seem to create auras for on deflect (me and Target both).

Loui   

Cool addon!

Any way for it to work with atromic spear?

I can seem to create auras for on deflect (me and Target both).

OnDeflect and OnCritical Trigger are deprecated. Instead carbine is using buffs/debuffs for a long time now. In order to track an ability which is only available after deflecting, please use a buff trigger and track the spell name instead.

V.Venge   

OnDeflect and OnCritical Trigger are deprecated. Instead carbine is using buffs/debuffs for a long time now. In order to track an ability which is only available after deflecting, please use a buff trigger and track the spell name instead.

Oh that's why!  I did not know this, will try when I get home, thank you ~