Photo

Too many realms, please merge servers. Devs answer pls.

merge server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#1 Cuprax

Cuprax
  • Members
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

When I started since release, I picked a 'full' populated realm. Nowdays, on saturday evening, its still on low. (realm: Ravenous pvp) 

* Groups are harder too find every day.

* AH is getting more empty.

* Trade channel is dead.

* Groupquests are getting more difficult too find people.

Im willing too transfer too any full realm, but can't the Wildstar Devs not merge some realms?

Almost every realm is on 'Low' populated.

Please discuss.  :)

• kryptik, Doogie, El_Guapo and 6 others like this

- lvl50 Tank stalker - Jabbit - Our Sick Story - 6/6 GA - 1/9 Datascape - 

#2 Wiawyr

Wiawyr
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

I support this, from being on Widow. Would love to see some mergers and free transfer periods while they merge. No reason to have the population this spread out when the numbers dipped so sharply at the 1-month hump.

• Doogie, Elfreda, ZombieTechnix and 1 other like this

Warbros #1. Now and forever.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-s8klg6lSeA

#3 Scott Of Awesome

Scott Of Awesome
  • Members
  • LocationChained to an art desk in Awesomeville

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

When I started since release, I picked a 'full' populated realm. Nowdays, on saturday evening, its still on low. (realm: Ravenous pvp) 

* Groups are harder too find every day.

* AH is getting more empty.

* Trade channel is dead.

* Groupquests are getting more difficult too find people.

Im willing too transfer too any full realm, but can't the Wildstar Devs not merge some realms?

Almost every realm is on 'Low' populated.

Please discuss.  :)

The servers Exiles side are fine on most servers, it's a population imbalance. Not servers actually being dead. Also the devs have stated their servers are far larger than most games. Low = Medium in most games and Medium = High

Also we only have so many servers because people cried, so WE made the issue.

• MadBlue, Gathord, ZiddersRoofurry and 6 others like this

The "official" bringer of Awesome, as voted by the Academy

-crica 0032 ad, and still going.
Characters of choice: Galaxy Blair - Spellslinger - Exiles - Entity & Keraya Skulltaker - Warrior - Dominion - Warhound

#4 Kestriel

Kestriel
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

I have also noticed that most of these kind of posts are from people on pvp servers

#5 Wiawyr

Wiawyr
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Also the devs have stated their servers are far larger than most games. Low = Medium in most games and Medium = High

Also we only have so many servers because people cried, so WE made the issue.

There's a number of things wrong with your post, that I see come up often. So I'm going to list them.

1) Whether the server is saying low or medium doesn't affect the number of people you are seeing when you play; that's simply a fluff selling point that Carbine tosses around. Additionally, that low or medium is split across two factions as well.

2) It really makes no difference what population the server is reporting during peak times if that's not what you're seeing when you are playing. Your mileage may vary, please respect that this applies to others as well.

3) Do not blame the players for the actions of the developers unless you are prepared to take this to its logical conclusion; that is, that EVERYTHING is the "fault" of the players, due to "crying". Additionally, if players crying is what "caused" it, then players crying should fix it as well, no?

4) The number of servers was in response to multi-hour queue times being reported by software that was later admitted to being faulty/flawed by Carbine, as well as the usual surge of new players that try a game that has just released. That period is over, and logically, so too is the need for so many servers.

• El_Guapo, ZombieTechnix, Potato123 and 2 others like this

#6 Scott Of Awesome

Scott Of Awesome
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

There's a number of things wrong with your post, that I see come up often. So I'm going to list them.

1) Whether the server is saying low or medium doesn't affect the number of people you are seeing when you play; that's simply a fluff selling point that Carbine tosses around. Additionally, that low or medium is split across two factions as well.

2) It really makes no difference what population the server is reporting during peak times if that's not what you're seeing when you are playing. Your mileage may vary, please respect that this applies to others as well.

3) Do not blame the players for the actions of the developers unless you are prepared to take this to its logical conclusion; that is, that EVERYTHING is the "fault" of the players, due to "crying". Additionally, if players crying is what "caused" it, then players crying should fix it as well, no?

4) The number of servers was in response to multi-hour queue times being reported by software that was later admitted to being faulty/flawed by Carbine, as well as the usual surge of new players that try a game that has just released. That period is over, and logically, so too is the need for so many servers.

They should give free transfers because others quit or paid to go to the Malganis and Tychndiros (sp) servers of this game (Pergo and Pago) because?

Also my statement about the factions is true and stands.

Characters of choice: Galaxy Blair - Spellslinger - Exiles - Entity & Keraya Skulltaker - Warrior - Dominion - Warhound

#7 Valnak

Valnak
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Furthermore the phasing makes the servers seem empty. Why have phasing if we don't just have one megaserver?

Are you really saying that ESO has better technology than Wildstar? They sure seem to have more subs.

• El_Guapo, ZombieTechnix and Umbraelle like this

#8 Scott Of Awesome

Scott Of Awesome
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Furthermore the phasing makes the servers seem empty. Why have phasing if we don't just have one megaserver?

Are you really saying that ESO has better technology than Wildstar? They sure seem to have more subs.

I honestly don't want a mega server. I like having server types.

But the phasing is a bit to heavy and they should tone it down some.

Also server merges are never... NEVER the damn answer, it just makes a game look bad and actually causes more people to quit than what would if they didn't due to names being forcibly lost etc.  Just pay for a transfer, or reroll.

#9 Killance

Killance
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Merging may have to come. Rift was forced to do this and it actually kept its population alive for awhile, made it past first expansion while staying p2p.

However, SWTOR didn't merge and look what happened to it.

I support a merge.

• IONIONIONION and Umbraelle like this

#10 Balf

Balf
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

They won't Merge Servers this early on. That would be proof that the game has FAILED.  This would be a historically fast server Merges. In fact I've never seen Merge requests made or cosigned this fast. :lol:

#11 Wiawyr

Wiawyr
  • Guests

They should give free transfers because others quit or paid to go to the Malganis and Tychndiros (sp) servers of this game (Pergo and Pago) because?

Also my statement about the factions is true and stands.

Because keeping their customers is a GOOD THING for a business. Charging someone so they can continue to play with people just because others left their server is like a punishment that that person chose to keep playing.

Other games have done free transfers, and it has worked just fine. Look at Rift.

• El_Guapo and Rinikitty like this

#12 Wiawyr

Wiawyr
  • Guests

They won't Merge Servers this early on. That would be proof that the game has FAILED.  This would be a historically fast server Merges. In fact I've never seen Merge requests cosigned this fast. :lol:

Hell, I've never seen a game die this fast.

Wildstar is setting all kinds of records, nyeh?

#13 CalderonX

CalderonX
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I support this, from being on Widow. Would love to see some mergers and free transfer periods while they merge. No reason to have the population this spread out when the numbers dipped so sharply at the 1-month hump.

I'm Dominion on Widow and see plenty of people, buy and selling things on the AH and CX all the time, have no problem getting groups -- including for Scorchwing and Elyona (and Tree defense now that someone has to actually defend the Tree).  Hell, yesterday day I had a difficult time completing the spider Crimson Badlands dailies during the early afternoon (when presumably few people would be on)  because so many players were in that area (and this is even though the eggs were not bugged).

#14 Kestriel

Kestriel
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Merging may have to come. Rift was forced to do this and it actually kept its population alive for awhile, made it past first expansion while staying p2p.

However, SWTOR didn't merge and look what happened to it.

I support a merge.

what SWTOR did you play?

• Scott Of Awesome, Rinikitty and Saezra like this

#15 Scott Of Awesome

Scott Of Awesome
  • Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Because keeping their customers is a GOOD THING for a business. Charging someone so they can continue to play with people just because others left their server is like a punishment that that person chose to keep playing.

Other games have done free transfers, and it has worked just fine. Look at Rift.

So wait let me get this straight... because others chose to leave the server wether paid or rerolling.. you now feel you are entitled to a free transfer or a server merge?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tear* Hahahahahahahahaha Thanks for being stereo typical entitlement generation.

• Rebeldad and Spider Badger like this

#16 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

I'd love it if they left the RP servers alone though. *clings to Lightspire* It's my home!

NilianaSpellslinger Healer. Guild Master of Venus RisingAnd, Whiner extraordinare
Now being showcased with  Ready Check!

#17 Arrie

Arrie
  • Members
  • Locationhome

Though i see your points, Rift is F2P with cashshop options. they had to do the transfer because they closed a lot of their servers when going from P2P to F2P. As for them adding more servers, the community posted on the forums that they wanted more due to wait times. The team added more and now they are crying that there are to many. I am on the RP server and honestly exile side is PACKED compared to dominion. Everyone wants to be mordesh or aurin (rather cool looking race imo) but sadly it causes a rather large imbalance. I have played on every NA server for a few days to check the population and i saw a large increase in people on exile side over dominion. If you want to change realms then explain to CS via ticket your situation, the MIGHT grant you a free one. OR do what most of us have had to do and shell out the 20 bucks -_-. In time im sure they will merge and offer one transfer free, but right now posting it on the forums wont get to much attention positively but it will cause flame wars and the topic to be closed. I have seen many good points closed because of people not being able to keep insults or arguments to a minimum.

Late addition, Wildstar is far from failing or dieing. APB..well lets not even talk about that game. You are just upset you cant get the transfer, i suggest you do some research before making a reply to my post or anyone else to make sure you dont look like a fool. We don't need anymore on the forum, i have been dealing with them all week.

• Spider Badger likes this

Arrie - Engineer "Chua sorry, were you saying something?" - Lightspire

#18 Wiawyr

Wiawyr
  • Guests

I'm Dominion on Widow and see plenty of people, buy and selling things on the AH and CX all the time, have no problem getting groups -- including for Scorchwing and Elyona (and Tree defense now that someone has to actually defend the Tree).  Hell, yesterday day I had a difficult time completing the spider Crimson Badlands dailies during the early afternoon (when presumably few people would be on)  because so many players were in that area (and this is even though the eggs were not bugged).

I'm exile and sure, "plenty" of people is subjective and it sounds like you're happy with it. And that's fine for you. But it doesn't feel MMO for me to see the same 10-15 people in the zone every day, or the same 5-6 people advertising in Thayd. I want to feel like there's a massive number of people in the world with me, and it's just not happening.

Getting 40 people to kill scorchwing, which is on a 90-120 minute timer, doesn't really count either, as people accumulate and sit around waiting for that entire time.

#19 Cuprax

Cuprax
  • Members
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

On what server your playing?

- lvl50 Tank stalker - Jabbit - Our Sick Story - 6/6 GA - 1/9 Datascape - 

#20 Wiawyr

Wiawyr
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

So wait let me get this straight... because others chose to leave the server wether paid or rerolling.. you now feel you are entitled to a free transfer or a server merge?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tear* Hahahahahahahahaha Thanks for being stereo typical entitlement generation.

I'm sorry that your only response to a rational argument is to use buzzwords in the place of an actual argument. It is a shame to see our educational system doesn't do better than that.

Once you've worked a management position, you will understand that most times it is beneficial to cut your customer a break on something they are upset about if it means you will keep that person as a customer. It has nothing to do with "entitlement", but rather customer retention and good business sense. But yes, wipe the tears from your face, and share. I'm thirsty.

By the way, stereotypical is one word.