Photo

Another Rampage Nerf (7/16)

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 Nezix

Nezix
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Rampage: Reduced the amount of enemies hit to 3, down from 5.

https://forums.wilds...4/#entry1001417

:blink:  This is starting to get silly. What exactly do you want Warriors to do?

You know Medic single target DPS is actually better then ours right?

• Count Oakland, eivez55, Pastar and 2 others like this

#2 LittleBrownMan

LittleBrownMan
  • Members
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

time to throw WW on your bar when you need to AoE

it's not that bad

• Megamaniac likes this

Julie Bravo (Medic) Johnny Bravo (Warrior) 

The Smackdown: A Warrior Leveling Guide

#3 Nezix

Nezix
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

it's not that bad

In and of itself it's not that bad. It just seems... knee jerky that we keep getting nerfs on the same ability in rapid succession. It doesn't inspire confidence.

• eivez55, Pastar and Cruds like this

#4 Tychii

Tychii
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Curious, is warrior aoe dps too high? First I've been hearing of this...

#5 Raidann

Raidann
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Nice Carbine real nice, all this is gonna make warriors do is change a skill around between some pulls ..like why? doesn't make shit harder just freakin give us something annoying to do now in PvE cheers !

#6 nBlaze

nBlaze
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yay, another one. I wonder if they'll nerf something else next week or if it'll be Rampage again.

WW is still utter trash. Even after buff it does less AoE dps on T8 than Rampage does as base.

I mean... I don't mind swapping between AoE and single target LAS, just like Medics/Stalkers/Engis have to... Hell I don't even mind them making Rampage single target... But give us a skill that can actually do AoE damage in return, WW is a joke.

• eivez55 and Cruds like this

#7 Jaystee

Jaystee
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Curious, is warrior aoe dps too high? First I've been hearing of this...

Nope, they are on par with Engis and a little better than Stalkers. However, I have a strong suspicion this is another nerf for the sake of PvP. Which would explain why Spellslinger also got the 5->3 slap.

If you can code potions and food to only work in BGs then why not just have a nerfed rampage that is used in BGs? Leave my PvE alone.

You don't see them nerfing Engi's. Because despite being top DPS in almost every situation, The one place they suck, is on the BG.

• eivez55, Cruds, Lachiades and 1 other like this

Jaystee - Level 50 Warrior - Entity(NA)

<Enigma>

#8 KingXero

KingXero
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Not sure who i hate more this ddos guy or the class devs, right now i'm voting on the class devs.

• Cruds, IONIONIONION and Frigglish like this

#9 Party On Garth

Party On Garth
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

This is such amazing bullshit. Carbine wants so hard for us to actually use whirlwind. It's a crappy, boring ability which takes no coordination to use (big circle AoE) and has existed in every similar game with a warrior class for the past 20 years.

You know what ability I don't see too often? Cloud Strife's Omni slash. Ya know what Rampage looks like? You guessed it, Omni Slash. Nezix is right this is some knee-jerk nerf and complete garbage. Stop trying to make Whirlwind happen, it's not going to happen: https://www.youtube....h?v=Pubd-spHN-0 Pitch it. 

-Garth McGarth, the Mechari Warrior who brings the deeps does it all... on NA PVE. 1/9 Datascape.

-Law son, the Cassian Esper who heals. Dominion Reputation boss too strong. Dem world bosses are sneaky.   

#10 Taterz

Taterz
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

it's not that bad

I don't know man, the damage on Whirlwind, even with the recent buffs, is still quite abysmal.  Like, really really abysmal. It also caps out at 5 targets, so Whirlwind basically has to outperform Rampage (on 3 targets) in 5-target scenarios to be useful, which I'm really skeptical about it doing with the current numbers.  In my head it seems like it would need at least 6 targets before it should even be considered over Rampage with current stats.

#11 HowieDuet

HowieDuet
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Its another PvP nerf but I feel this one will really hurt more in pve than the current rampage change since you are only hitting 3 targets...BUT....it's still not that big of a deal since you are only hitting more than 3 mobs in trash anyway. Just about every class has to swap skills for ST and AoE, I think they should buff Breaching Strike damage or make Whirlwind attack at .25 sec intervals.
  • Cruds likes this

#12 Jaystee

Jaystee
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

I don't know man, the damage on Whirlwind, even with the recent buffs, is still quite abysmal.  Like, really really abysmal. It also caps out at 5 targets, so Whirlwind basically has to outperform Rampage (on 3 targets) in 5-target scenarios to be useful, which I'm really skeptical about it doing with the current numbers.  In my head it seems like it would need at least 6 targets before it should even be considered over Rampage with current stats.

Yup it does slightly more than half the damage rampage does. Not to mention the AP buff Rampage gives you and the fact that a full WW cast will drop you below 750 KE

• Taterz and Cruds like this

<Enigma>

#13 Kelnis

Kelnis
  • Guests
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

In my head it seems like it would need at least 6 targets before it should even be considered over Rampage with current stats.

This matches my rough napkin math as well. Whirlwind is incredibly underwhelming. It might force us to run with Tremor in all of our builds, but that skill incredibly awkward now (in my opinion anyway.)

• Cruds likes this

Kelnis - Level 50 Mechari Warrior

Deldrach - Cassian Esper

#14 Taterz

Taterz
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

Yup it does slightly more than half the damage rampage does. Not to mention the AP buff Rampage gives you and the fact that a full WW cast will drop you below 750 KE

Good call on the KE drop as well.

Yeah this change has nothing to do with Whirlwind, that skill needs a major rework before it can be useful.  Seems like they just want to tone down our AoE damage, which to be fair was quite absurd on 5 targets.  Sucks for general daily/questing though.

#15 Eurthkin

Eurthkin
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ive been fine with the previous nerfes, this one really pisses me off.

There is no skill diversity at all for dps warriors in PVE and your trying so hard to take away the one fun ability we have. Whirlwind is not only terrible in damage its also super boring to use, 'oh yea another spinning Warrior, hasnt been seen before. So original....'

Im soo disappointed, ty so much carbine for trying so hard to make this game less fun. I take alot of joy in pulling multiple monster camps at once, you just ruined that for no reason. Ty again.

Hint: If you take something away from a class, make sure you give something back in exchange. BIG THUMBS DOWN

• Raidann, Templar, Raged and 3 others like this

#16 Mumnoch

Mumnoch
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hope the Dev's are listening to this thread...

*cupcake*you Dev's. Unsubbing. Tired of you guys NOT reducing the Damage of the Engineer who's also the best *cupcake*ing tank in this game.

Tired of you guys BUFFING the DPS of the 2nd best DPS in this game the Stalker.

It's retarded that you guys continue NERFING the 3rd best DPS in this game the Warrior.

We get it. You don't want our money. We'll take our money elsewhere then.

• Count Oakland, Cruds and IONIONIONION like this

#17 Party On Garth

Party On Garth
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Ive been fine with the previous nerfes, this one really pisses me off.

There is no skill diversity at all for dps warriors in PVE and your trying so hard to take away the one fun ability we have. Whirlwind is not only terrible in damage its also super boring to use, 'oh yea another spinning Warrior, hasnt been seen before. So original....'

Im soo disappointed, ty so much carbine for trying so hard to make this game less fun. I take alot of joy in pulling multiple monster camps at once, you just ruined that for no reason. Ty again.

Hint: If you take something away from a class, make sure you give something back in exchange. BIG THUMBS DOWN

I'm glad you agree. Rampage is fun, whirlwind is boring, non-interactive, and worn out. 

-Garth McGarth, the Mechari Warrior who brings the deeps does it all... on NA PVE. 1/9 Datascape.

-Law son, the Cassian Esper who heals. Dominion Reputation boss too strong. Dem world bosses are sneaky.   

#18 Seztren

Seztren
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

Rampage: Reduced the amount of enemies hit to 3, down from 5.

https://forums.wilds...4/#entry1001417

:blink:  This is starting to get silly. What exactly do you want Warriors to do?

You know Medic single target DPS is actually better then ours right?

Needed. Rampage is the most rediculously OP'd skill in the game.

Wildstar is meant to have a long PVP TTK. Rampage can TWOSHOT people. That's F%$#ing stupid. Nerf it into the ground. Personally I think the current nerfs aren't even enough. Warrior has SO MUCH utility, SO MUCH CC, and SO MUCH damage with Rampage it's just silly. Warriors shouldn't be killing people faster than Stalkers or Spellslingers, they have heavy armor and $%@&loads of CC. They can't be the best PvP DPS in the game too. Sorry.

• Tharianus, Cruds, KrysL and 1 other like this

Vermana - Dominion - Mechari Female - Entity (Not by choice.) - KotK Officer

#19 Forge

Forge
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

I was fine with the two damage nerfs..

But the reduction to 3 targets ? One word.

ANGRY.

Considering unsubbing as well.

• Count Oakland, Cruds and IONIONIONION like this

#20 Jaystee

Jaystee
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Needed. Rampage is the most rediculously OP'd skill in the game.

Wildstar is meant to have a long PVP TTK. Rampage can TWOSHOT people. That's F%$#ing stupid. Nerf it into the ground.

And as you can see from this beautifully worded post, the main complaint is PvP.

<Enigma>