Photo

Stalker July Update

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 Asyreal

Asyreal
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hello Stalkers, I wanted to take a minute and go over some recent changes as well as those that will be coming in the future.

With the recent patch we addressed quite a few things to help with issues Stalker’s were seeing in PvP:

·         Overall range increase on attacks

·         Impale Tier 4 armor penetration was increased

·         Movement speed was increased in Stealth

·         Reduced the resistance penalty while in Nano Skin Lethal

·         Tactical Retreat no longer shows a smoke trail when used and it also makes the Stalker harder to detect while active

What to expect in the future:

·         CC Breaker

o   We are working on adjusting an ability to have it be a base CC break that is more usable by both Tanks and DPS

·         Nano Skin: Agile

o   We want to make this stance a more viable option

·         Neutralize

o   This will have its cost increase stack cap reduced by 1

·         Impale

o   This will hit 2 targets up from 1

·         Bloodthirst

o   This will be a more valuable utility ability at the base tier

·         Bug Fixes

o   We have more bug fixes on the way to resolve various issues

·         Stalker Tank

o   Currently the Stalker tank is performing well in Raids and Dungeons but is a little stronger than intended in PvP and we have slight balance changes prepared for an upcoming patch

We also have plenty of changes planned for underused Ability Tiers and AMPs. Like the Esper, these changes are a work in progress and as we get closer to these changes going live I will update you with what you can expect. 

Edited by Asyreal, 16 July 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#2 Chaotica

Chaotica
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

happy agile is getting tweaked, impale cleaving might make it far too strong in sustained cleave encounters

• VonGuul likes this

#3 IIIII

IIIII
  • Guests
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Need to level my Stalker faster....

#4 Thirborn

Thirborn
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

·         Impale

I had to login to write: LOL

Wtf are you doing Carbine? I don't want to be a Warrior.......

• Shadow93 and VonGuul like this

#5 El_Guapo

El_Guapo
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

I knew the tank nerf was coming, heh... It's cause I soloed all those 5 man mobs, isn't it? :P

Though, 2 impale targets will be nice.

Still, I think you should focus on resolving the core issues of why telegraphs aren't hitting at all (aka latency compensation) instead of increasing our attack range.

#6 ekeix

ekeix
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

·         Stalker Tank

o   Currently the Stalker tank is performing well in Raids and Dungeons but is a little stronger than intended in and we have slight balance changes prepared for an upcoming patch

That's the reason why you haven't fix Whiplash+NF yet? Maybe you will leave it like that to compensate with Warriors and Engineers in aggro?

I'm really scared about what you are going to do with stalkers tanks guys... stalker tanks nerfs incoming in pve cus dummies are using tank builds in pvp
GG

• Pandamans likes this

#7 Luci

Luci
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

I had to login to write: LOL

Wtf are you doing Carbine? I don't want to be a Warrior.......

Bandaids are fun.

• VonGuul likes this

#8 Awesome Exo

Awesome Exo
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Lol was waiting for that Stalker Tank nerf. Hopefully its not so bad. I'm hoping it's more a nerf to the self healing side, and not the other abilities. That way it won't effect it's tank ability, only it's solo self survival.

And I agree, 2 impales is going to be fantastic. I only hope they don't lower the damage of it to accommodate extra targets.

Thanks though for the updates!

• Pandamans likes this

Exo 

Lord of Agents of Death (Widow Server)

<AoD> We know a lot about dying.

#9 skofan

skofan
  • Members
  • Locationdenmark

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

careful now, the impale buff was a pretty massive dps increase already, upping it to two targets, while reducing the capped cost of neutralize is going to be huge in aoe encounters.
no reason to overdo it, and set us up for a nerf to overdo after adjusting.
also, it was kinda nice that some classes shine in single target damage, while others in aoe. instead of this, could i suggest looking at ways to keep up singletarget damage in high mobility encounters? perhaps a slight dot duration/damage buff instead.
also, while you're looking at amps and abilities, it would be really nice if you could make clone a viable interrupt, in its current state its just too unpredictable. destroying between 0 and 2 interrupt armor, at times ranging from never to right before every enemy cast (this seems to be related to interrupt armor, as it works fine on world mobs without any, and yes ive tried it out, and never seen it actually throw an interrupt during a cast in veterans).

• VonGuul likes this

#10 Minifig

Minifig
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Bend / Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Asyreal, will our damage be increased a little bit too?

#11 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

That Impale change.  

Exile - Pago (PvP) - Fail Gaming | Ayestem - PvP DPS Melee Mage Esper

Ayestes - Spellslinger | Ayestet - Medic  |  Ayestee -  Engineer

#12 Luci

Luci
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

And I agree, 2 impales is going to be fantastic. I only hope they don't lower the damage of it to accommodate extra targets.

Don't get your hopes up. Warrior 2.0 inc.

• Awesome Exo likes this

#13 Vunak

Vunak
  • Members
  • LocationIn your house eatin' your cookies

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Asyreal, will our damage be increased a little bit too?

Doubt it. With Impale hitting two targets our DPS potential just got a whole lot better, not to mention a hell of a lot better SP management with Neutralize capping out sooner. Our overall DPS just got a ton more powerful in all facets of the game. We already got the 50% armor pierce buff on impale as well. 

They fixed a lot of the stuff we have been asking for. Hopefully the Nanoskin: Agile will be an enticing change making it a viable choice other than a quicker way to get to places. 

One thing I am still waiting for is a change to T8 Preparation and the CC break as well. The change to Bloodthirst sounds interesting as well, making that a bit more viable might open up more build options, dropping T4 prep in its place maybe if its indeed a powerful change. 

• Minifig, El_Guapo and KrysL like this

#14 Magnuss

Magnuss
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

Please fix Riposte not proc'ing off of Frenzy use so that strikethrough isn't such a problem if you decide to go for that build. It has been reported but never mentioned or confirmed by any dev, it makes the AMP terrible for tanks.

• Minifig likes this

Magnuss
Blasphemous Latin Term
Thunderfoot

#15 Minifig

Minifig
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Bend / Mishawaka, Indiana

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Doubt it. With Impale hitting two targets our DPS potential just got a whole lot better, not to mention a hell of a lot better SP management with Neutralize capping out sooner. Our overall DPS just got a ton more powerful in all facets of the game. We already got the 50% armor pierce buff on impale as well. 

Good point.

#16 Sack

Sack
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

I think the best way to make use out of the impale if you are going to add the hitting two targets is to make it so the 2nd target takes 20-25% less dmg from it. That should do it!

• PlasmaJohn likes this

#17 Zeromizer

Zeromizer
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

I think the best way to make use out of the impale if you are going to add the hitting two targets is to make it so the 2nd target takes 20-25% less dmg from it. That should do it!

I have to agree to this. I do not want stalkers to be overpowered. This change makes pvp for stalkers really strong, arguably too good.

#18 Evolixe

Evolixe
  • Guests
  • LocationNL

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

·         Impale

I really fear that this might be too much. Impale hits hard, even if it's telegraph is small.. it hitting 2 targets at once for a guaranteed crit is an extremely powerful move.

·         CC Breaker

o   We are working on adjusting an ability to have it be a base CC break that is more usable by both Tanks and DPS.

This is really great news for the PvE players under us. But moving our CC breaker to anything other than Tactical Retreat is going to be a very bad move for PvP.

When you get caught in a CC that is bad enough to instantly break you really don't want to stick around for the aftermath as a Stalker. It being on TR is perfect for us and it has to stay.

Moving it elsewhere in any other ability will REQUIRE us to take that ability in PvP. Costing us yet another actionslot and we already don't have that much to choose. Just look at the variety in Stalker PvP Ability builds right now, it's almost 0.

Please keep that in mind when you considering fiddling around with this.

• Nukaazul and VonGuul like this

#19 Gankzta

Gankzta
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

That impale change sound so good im scared of it :o

Gankzta <onCooldown> Eu-Ravenous(En)
Dominion Stalker

#20 DrunkenPaladin

DrunkenPaladin
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

This game has enough AoE. Single target on Impale is fine. The rest of the changes sound all right.

@ Evolixe: Moving the CC break off TR would reduce variety...? T4 TR is required as is. Giving it a baseline CC break would mean no stalker would ever take it off their bar for any reason, ever. How is that encouraging variety?
  • VonGuul likes this