I wanted to update you all on upcoming changes to the Spellslinger, and provide some insight on the direction for the future. But first, an introduction:
The name's Tranagram. And I'll be taking over as the principal designer of the Spellslinger. This change is a result of Meerkat assuming new responsibilities, and having to pass on some of his current workload. That said, Meerkat remains the principal designer of the Engineer (and Aodz is still the Class Team Lead).
As for my background, prior to joining Aodz and the Class team, I was working with Timetravel and crew on Dungeons and Raids.
Now, the update you've all been waiting for (which will come in a future patch that still has a date TBD)...
- Spell Surge will, once again, be castable while casting
- We've spent a lot of time working on the back-end of spells to make this happen and we believe it will really help to smooth out Spell Surge’s usage.
- As a result of the change to Spell Surge, we have also been able to clean up a number of issues with AMP proc events.
- This will include fixes to AMPS such as The One, Surge Damage, and Healing Aura.
What to expect after the above changes:
- Going forward, we are going to be looking into improving certain aspects of the Support spec.
- As Meerkat has mentioned previously, all AMPs and Abilities will continue to be improved upon - our primary goal being to make underused AMPs and Abilities more desirable.
That is it for now, I look forward to reading your comments and working with you all to improve upon the Spellslinger’s gameplay experience!