Warrior Update - July

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Merkal

Merkal
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Warrior Tanks,

We have heard your complaints loud and clear and are working to resolve the issues you are facing. I wanted to drop in and give a quick update on Warrior Tanking changes that will be coming in the future, timeline TBD.

Tank

*Disclaimer: These changes are going through testing and may not make it to live exactly how we describe them here.

• Menacing Strike
    • This will gain additional threat generation per tier. T8 will be changed to be less RNG but with a cooldown.
  • Jolt
    • This will be transitioned into a Kinetic Energy generator. It is likely that it will lose its charges and gain a straight cooldown. T8 will be re-designed to be focused on threat burst.
  • Plasma Wall
    • This will lose some mitigation to gain bonus threat. T8 will be re-designed to be focused on personal damage mitigation.
  • Atomic Spear
    • This will now also be triggered when the Warrior’s attacks are deflected. Additionally this will be castable while casting Plasma Wall.
  • Bolstering Strike
    • The cooldown will be increased and healing will be increased so that this will be used for burst shield healing rather than having to spam it.
  • Polarity Field
    • This will gain additional threat per tier. T8 will be re-designed to increase the fields effectiveness on enemies who are taking damage from both fields.
  • Expulsion
    • Cooldown will be increased, will only cleanse 1 debuff but gain bonus threat. T4 will be changed to deal additional damage at higher energy levels.
  • Shield Burst
    • Replace Jolt as the Warrior’s second Energy Restricted ability.
    • Energy Generation will be removed
    • Shield Healing will be removed
    • Cooldown will be reduced
    • Will no longer require the Warrior shield to be depleted to be used
    • Damage dealt will increase based on the Warrior’s current shield level
    • Will gain bonus threat generation and bonus threat generation per tier
    • T4 will be re-designed to focus on threat generation.
    • T8 will be re-designed to debuff enemies and enhance the Warriors tanking abilities.

#2 Stigas

Stigas
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

You are my freaking hero.

• Didra and Litanah like this

#3 Graiban

Graiban
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

A post. And it doesn't mention rampage. 

Thank you. 

• Jun and Pikeasey like this

#4 Kivlov

Kivlov
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

:< I kinda like that you can drop Plasma Wall on another tank in raids. Oh well. Looks excellent.

#5 Yosvan

Yosvan
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

This is what I'm talking about! wooh! Oh lordie our prayers have been heard hallelujah!

• Didra likes this

#6 YattaRX8

YattaRX8
  • Members
  • LocationPergo

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Cool. I'll be less reluctant to tank when needed when these changes go through.

Kuea - Exile DPS Warrior

My Vita: http://i.imgur.com/RaKMC9I.jpg
My Balisongs: http://i.imgur.com/Kqk5RaZ.jpg

#7 Epether

Epether
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Oh yeah, finally ! Cant wait these changes to go live. Hope it will put the warriors threat on the same level as others tanks.

Thank you Merkal, we waited for you !

#8 r3m0dul8

r3m0dul8
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Looking forward to the new tanking changes, now looks like my ability build will be useless :(

#9 Jun

Jun
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Yes. So much yes.

I am Iron Man.

#10 stephen1984

stephen1984
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

If you were listening then spellslingers would of been sorted the same as warriors. Both melee classes are skewed with dps now compared to ranged. Pretty soon all dps will be ranged.

#11 Near

Near
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Good god, yes, well done.

Codex

#12 Sirus Blackheart

Sirus Blackheart
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

Could I also make a suggestion on removing the -25% damage from the tank stance and instead make it -25% assault ability damage? This would also improve our threat generation.

#13 Jun

Jun
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

I like how they actually read player suggestions and used them.

Drew me back in right when I wanted to quit, well played Carbine, well played.

• WingslikeaDragon likes this

I am Iron Man.

#14 Xath

Xath
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Good post the one thing I would say is warriors are still missing a massive deflect pop ala steadfast and miasma these are actually a huge amount of mitigation even if they can't necessarily be guaranteed.

Arwen Telcontar

ENIGMA

StreamTwitter

#15 Invinctus

Invinctus
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Let it be said, my only complaint about you Merkal now is I have too change pants and wipe down my keyboard. From coffee of course... 

• Charge likes this

#16 Typrop

Typrop
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

<3

Tealful Eyes | Bonedancer Maktri

#17 Jawtek

Jawtek
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Cool. I look forward to getting back to my warrior tank in 2 months once these changes come. I'm still gonna play engineer tank in the mean time though. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the changes you guys have announced, but honestly how long is this gonna take? Could we get some kind of threat hotfix just as a bandaid until these changes hit live?

#18 nightcrauler

nightcrauler
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

How about dps warriors? After all the nerfs warrior dmg suck. Even if you think its ok you still have to rework some of the assault abilities because all of them are useless. Especially tremor and augmented blade are pretty much useless in any build. I dont suppose you intended for the assault amp ability to suck....

#19 Ondesvin

Ondesvin
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Thank you very much @Merkal this is what we need, some of them sound OP. so I hope you reign them in. But again thank you very very much for this!

Now I don't want to sound unhappy or ungrateful but, what about our amps? Many of our amps are inferior to stalker tank and engi tanks!

#20 Snoopx

Snoopx
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

Thank you :)

there is hope :D

if i could wish something :)

pls make menacing strike faster per tier instead of gain additional threat generation

this would help us with deflects 

• Psychostar likes this