Photo

Esper - July Update

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#1 Asyreal

Asyreal
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hello Espers, I wanted to take a minute and go over some of our plans for the Esper in the near future and beyond.

In the very near future:

·         Soothe

o   We are working to get a fix in as soon as possible to address the bug that is causing the telegraph to be “stuck” on.

·         Crush

o   We are working to get a fix in as soon as possible to address the bug that is preventing the Animation and FX from playing.

In the not-so-distant future:

·         Spectral Form

o   This will become castable while moving

·         Telekinetic Strike

o   This will become castable while moving

o   The Tier 8 bonus will only requires 3 Psi Charge stacks, down from 6

·         Concentrated Blade

o   The hit delay will be reduced to 3s, down from 4.4s (t0-t3) and 3.4s (t4+)

o   The Tier 4 bonus will be changed to refund 2 charges per 10sec

·         Blade Dance

o   The channel time will be reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3 seconds

·         Psychic Frenzy

o   The initial cast GCD will be reduced to .75s, down from 1.25s

o   The Tier 8 bonus will only requires 3 Psi Charge stacks, down from 6

What to expect after the above changes:

·         As mentioned before, we have changes planned in the future to improve underused AMPs and Ability Tiers. These changes are a work in progress and I’d hate to mention something that we don’t end up delivering. As we get closer to these changes going live, I will update you with what you can expect (similarly to the changes mentioned above).

·         While we are moving away from forcing Espers to be immobile casters, we do not want to completely kill the playstyle for players that enjoy the concept. In the future you can expect to see some AMPs and Ability tiers that will reward players based on the amount of time they spend stationary. 

#2 Elkoar

Elkoar
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

POPULAR

448.jpg

I'm so excited!!

Thanks

"L'Esper fait vivre "

#3 Rhythmix

Rhythmix
  • Members
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

I rarely post.

I lurk alot.

I spend 99% of my time perfecting, min/maxing and mathcrafting because of my competitive nature.

And last but not least, I only play Esper.

I'm so happy.

#4 Taugrim

Taugrim
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

I'm so happy.

^ this

Hello Espers, I wanted to take a minute and go over some of our plans for the Esper in the near future and beyond.

Thanks Asyreal for not only providing the updates but for thoughtfully addressing the concerns of the Esper community.

·         Spectral Form

o   This will become castable while moving

The self-root of SF is an issue in PVE and PVP so I'm glad that it's being removed. Our Innate will finally feel strong and usable, which is the case for the other classes that I've played.

I have heard the concern from some Espers that if the self-root is removed, our Innate wouuld be overpowered. That said, no one is scared of our Innate right now. When a Warrior or Engi pops their Innate, they can dish out some massive damage. Same with Slingers and Spellsurged Assassinates.

·         Telekinetic Strike

o   This will become castable while moving

o   The Tier 8 bonus will only requires 3 Psi Charge stacks, down from 6

·         Psychic Frenzy

o   The initial cast GCD will be reduced to .75s, down from 1.25s

o   The Tier 8 bonus will only requires 3 Psi Charge stacks, down from 6

Aside from the mobile use of TKStrike (huge!), I'm glad to see both TKStrike and Psychic Frenzy being buffed such that the tier 8 bonus is meaningful.

As a PVP DPS Esper, I'm glad that the initial cast for PF is being reduced in addition to the T8 change. Our sustained DPS is a bit lackluster (I consider us more of a hybrid DPS/CC), so this change will help.

·         While we are moving away from forcing Espers to be immobile casters, we do not want to completely kill the playstyle for players that enjoy the concept. In the future you can expect to see some AMPs and Ability tiers that will reward players based on the amount of time they spend stationary. 

Sounds great!

This enables Espers to manage their positioning to boost damage (i.e., higher skill cap), while not making the class weak when it comes to mobile fights.

Taugrim: 50 Esper | Pergo (US PVP) | Dominion | <Pharos> | 1800+ 2v2, 1791 solo RBG

WildStar Guides: Keybinding/Melee Strafing | Esper "Melee Mage" PVP | YouTube Videos

#5 expendability

expendability
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Like the updates.. glad to see there will be an option to "stand still to do more damage". Hopefully not so distant.. isn't very distant :P

#6 Juggers

Juggers
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

This is going to make me pick up my Esper (First char I made) back up, great news.

| 50 MEDIC  | 50 SPELLSLINGER | RAVENOUS -  EU PvP |

| Warrior, Engineer, Stalker and Esper, WIP |

<Pepper Your Angus>

#7 Ryon

Ryon
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

omg-cat-300x297.jpg

A Dev post!.

TKS and CB change = funny-cat-my-precious-e1400654682618.jpg

#8 IIIII

IIIII
  • Members
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

GG, time to level my Esper Alt.

IIIII

Twitch - Youtube

#9 Expyron

Expyron
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Will we see these changes on the PTR before they go live ?

#10 Sharnt

Sharnt
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

0e3.png

Do want those AMP so hard. I think that with this every part of the community will be happy, it's addressing all the main issues. Except reap but hey!

Thanks for the post anyway.

#11 Spythe

Spythe
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Now I can actually level my Esper, in PvE it was never an issue but *cupcake*it was driving me nuts in PvP

Spythe | Dominion(Entity - PvE) | Spellslinger

<Enigma>

https://www.youtube.com/user/spythe

#12 Lethality

Lethality
  • Members
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

·         While we are moving away from forcing Espers to be immobile casters, we do not want to completely kill the playstyle for players that enjoy the concept. In the future you can expect to see some AMPs and Ability tiers that will reward players based on the amount of time they spend stationary. 

Seems like making Espers even more mobile might create some balance issues against other classes, particularly melee. I like the idea of it being an option through AMPs (and would like to see this kind of thinking for other classes too!) 

But can you explain how you've considered the effects of this  change vs. other classes?

Unhappy with this post? Ignore me here.

#13 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

GG, time to level my Esper Alt.

I'm 44 now... wee...

I've been pure PvP as well.  TK Strike DPS to level 13.  Healing to level 25.  PsyFrenzy DPS from then on.  

Exile - Pago (PvP) - Fail Gaming | Ayestem - PvP DPS Melee Mage Esper

Ayestes - Spellslinger | Ayestet - Medic  |  Ayestee -  Engineer

#14 IIIII

IIIII
  • Members
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Are you guys making TK strike movable without nerfing it's damage?

IIIII

Twitch - Youtube

#15 Turbohand

Turbohand
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'm so happy I just peed a little.

#16 Elkoar

Elkoar
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Are you guys making TK strike movable without nerfing it's damage?

Spellslingers have insane pew pew pew pew :) (spam quick draw -> become a boss! )
Engineers:  first in every logs....

Warriors: does it really need a comment? 

Stalkers: buffed, slowly but surely.

Medic: sucks at dps, everyone knows but nothing for the moment

So finally esper get some love comparing to others :)

"L'Esper fait vivre "

#17 Estelle

Estelle
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm happy for you Espers, I am.

But with the change to Telekinetic Strike the Esper is becoming less and less stationary and I though that was what Espers was about, high risk (stationary), high reward. After this change they will have 3 stationary abilities (Mind over Body, Meditate and Mirage). Just think it's wrong that they changed Esper so much from beta with many of the abilities being stationary to now when almost all abilities is useable when moving. 

#18 SykoTavo

SykoTavo
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

LOVE IT!

#19 Kevs

Kevs
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

·         Concentrated Blade

o   The hit delay will be reduced to 3s, down from 4.4s (t0-t3) and 3.4s (t4+)

o   The Tier 4 bonus will be changed to refund 2 charges per 10sec

·         Blade Dance

o   The channel time will be reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3 seconds

-Concentrated Blade

This change will make it superior to Bolster since it will be able to generate charges twice as fast. I am just wondering about when PP is generated, and if there is plans to make it generate PP at the start of the spell rather than at the end.

-Blade Dance

It's a step towards making Blade Dance more viable. It will end up generating 2 PP in 2 seconds, making it faster than TK/PF. My concern is if they will increase the damage per tick to compensate for it lasting shorter. Also, what about its T4 bonus which increases channel duration? Keeping the same T4 bonus simply makes it a slower PP builder.

#20 GuiltyKing

GuiltyKing
  • Members
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

They are adjusting everything. Thankfully.

Fromt he sounds of it, our update wont hit till content drop 3. So another month and a week or so.