Photo

The Public Test Realm Is Up For Drop 2 - Sabotage!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 BigV

BigV

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

The Public Test Realm (PTR) is once again online, so please come and enjoy the upcoming Sabotage content drop!

Now that the PTR is back online, here are some things that Players testing the new content should know:

• The Public Test Realm can be accessed through the WildStarPTR download found here: http://wildstar.patc...WildStarPTR.exe
  • As long as Players have an Active WildStar subscription (NA or EU) they will be able to access the PTR.
    • Note: This required the team perform magical technical manipulations to make this possible. 
  • Fair warning - Character wipes may be needed on the PTR from time to time, and Player progress on this Realm may be lost.
  • “Boost” NPCs are available in Nexus that will level Players up, and give them gear.
    • Will only be available for Players who have earned a level 50 on a Live Realm before July 06, 2014.
    • Detailed instructions on how to find the “Boost” NPCs can be found here.
  • We are leaving the PTR up and available 24/7, similar to any other Realm, for the remainder of the time that Drop 2 (Sabotage) needs to be tested.
    • Please remember that Players shouldn't approach this server as a new “home” Realm, as we may have to take this Realm down at a moment’s notice for updates. 
    • Please consider the PTR a place to visit and check out some new exciting content, not live.
  • Players are totally allowed, and encouraged, to video/capture/stream/discuss anything on the PTR.
  • In-game localization of Drop 2 will not be ready, but we will work to make it available in a future update.
  • There are Forums specifically for the Nexus Public Test Realm, and they are:
    • Game Update
      • Update notes for the PTR will live here
    • General Discussion
      • General talk about the PTR can take place here
    • Bug Reports
      • We ask that if Players come across a bug specific to the PTR content, we’d appreciate them submitting those here!

Finally, the Team truly appreciates a Players early participation in finding and submitting any issues or bugs with the new Sabotage content while on Nexus.

Thank you!

Team WildStar

Paul "BigV" Williams
Community Manager

#2 Margatroid

Margatroid
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

How about removing the requirement to have been level 50 before July 6th to use the boost NPCs?

I'd love to help you test stuff on the PTR, but not if I have to grind starting zones. Seems like you're just shooting yourself in the foot with this decision. Let us help.

• Vrana, Nimiar, Ka'li and 2 others like this

#3 fried watermelons

fried watermelons
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Please look at the threads on your PvP forum and ankowledge some of the issues stemming from gear gating based on rating.

Some problems include, but not limited to

-Rating tanking

- The deterioration of a competitive environment in PvP at 50 due to the outcome... and rating... being often times determined by gear many players don't have access to.

-The experience of a solo player as opposed to a pre-made with members who have 1500 or 1800 gear, sometime this pre-made is bought in game for 20+ plat

-The elo system 

Personally, I don't think gear should be gated as harshly and should be able to be obtained through a concerted effort and time in BGs. With prestige. Cosmetic or other options should be given to top performers, but nothing which exacerbates their presumed skill level advantage with a gear advantage. 

• Ka'li likes this

#4 Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar
  • Guests
  • LocationOCMD

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

the-toy-company-fighting-the-beastie-boy

• Ka'li likes this

Mahanaxar the Mohawked Mordesh Medic

Officer of <Darkhand> (Pago-PvP) - http://www.the-darkhand.com

Check out my WildStar Parody Song Videos, follow me @MahanaxStar, and/or subscribe to YouTube.com/MahanaxStar

#5 Vrana

Vrana
  • Members
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

I was with you through beta, and would love to help test this too, but you continue to reward power levelers and punish those of us who are stopping to enjoy the content =/

I really don't understand why you would want to block anyone from helping to test the new content.

• Ka'li, Hillside and Dunami like this

#6 BlairBlackHeart

BlairBlackHeart
  • Members
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

I was with you through beta, and would love to help test this too, but you continue to reward power levelers and punish those of us who are stopping to enjoy the content =/

I really don't understand why you would want to block anyone from helping to test the new content.

just cause somone lvls fast doesn't mean they didn't actually stop and enjoy they game, i have a lvl 50 and since the game came out iv lvled 20 other toons to 20-30 maxed multiple trade skills and sunken HOURSSSS into 3 different houses. some people just grind more efficiently and have more time on there hands.

#7 Margatroid

Margatroid
  • Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

just cause somone lvls fast doesn't mean they didn't actually stop and enjoy they game, i have a lvl 50 and since the game came out iv lvled 20 other toons to 20-30 maxed multiple trade skills and sunken HOURSSSS into 3 different houses. some people just grind more efficiently and have more time on there hands.

Regardless of that, a lot of us have other things we have to spend our time on, or we just don't level as quickly for whatever reason. Personally, I chose to reroll on Pergo because they wouldn't allow server transfers there, and that made me lose 26 levels.

Please allow all of us to help you test. I think this drop is going to be an important one, especially PVP wise, and the more people that are testing the changes the better it will probably be.

• Vrana likes this

#8 BlairBlackHeart

BlairBlackHeart
  • Members
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

im really hoping the " Customization Station FABkit " is what i think it is cause im so over my characters appearance and dont really wanna rerole any waste all the time i put into her.

• Ka'li likes this

#9 arcticthered

arcticthered
  • Members
  • LocationNorth East England "where else?!"

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

Where is the fix to,

Rating tanking?
Your ELO system?
The fact that only three of the DPS classes synergise well in Arena PvP
Where is the fix to the /follow issue that keeps being deleted?
Where is the comunication on PvP?

Sheeeesh
  • Kebab and EonB like this

My fake plants died because i forgot to pretend to water them!

#10 Motyapa

Motyapa
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

those esper nerfs though

#11 steroids

steroids
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

will we be getting boom boxes for participating?

#12 FoggySmoke

FoggySmoke
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

When I enter my 2-step verification code, it says Invalid account name or password.  Help?

#13 Skybox

Skybox
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Patch to download the PTR failing at 85%. Is there a fix for this?

#14 Foma

Foma
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

will we be getting boom boxes for participating?

+1 ?

#15 BlairBlackHeart

BlairBlackHeart
  • Members
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Patch to download the PTR failing at 85%. Is there a fix for this?

erase the files from the PTR patch folder then copy the patch files from the normal wildstar files and paste them in the PTR patch folder. then update

• Lelleman1985 likes this

#16 FoggySmoke

FoggySmoke
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Could someone help me?  I go to enter my verification code and it says "Invalid account name or password"

#17 Slykila

Slykila
  • Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

erase the files from the PTR patch folder then copy the patch files from the normal wildstar files and paste them in the PTR patch folder. then update

I know how to erase the folder (recycle bin) but how do you copy and paste the normal wildstar files?

#18 BlairBlackHeart

BlairBlackHeart
  • Members
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

I know how to erase the folder (recycle bin) but how do you copy and paste the normal wildstar files?

go to wherever you have wildstar installed go into the patch folder and just highlight them all  copy

then go to wherever you have the test realm version installed go to the patch folder in there  and paste the files you copied there

:3

#19 Sluagh of Avatus

Sluagh of Avatus
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

Wow you guys are working fast! Don't push your programmers too hard though.
Looking forward to the new stuff!

Server: Avatus     Guild: Contagion Corps.

Characters:    SluaghMordesh Engineer  //  SkyDollNoaAurin Spellslinger  //  RandolphCarter - Human Esper

#20 Calest

Calest
  • Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

Regardless of that, a lot of us have other things we have to spend our time on, or we just don't level as quickly for whatever reason. Personally, I chose to reroll on Pergo because they wouldn't allow server transfers there, and that made me lose 26 levels.

Please allow all of us to help you test. I think this drop is going to be an important one, especially PVP wise, and the more people that are testing the changes the better it will probably be.

The problem with them allowing for people who haven't hit 50 yet is this. The content they are releasing can only be accessed at level 50. It's a continuation with the current stuff happening with Drusera and the strain. Content that you cannot access unless you are probably at the very least level 48. So allowing for anyone who hasn't leveled to 50 yet would be completely useless to what they have the PTR up for.

• BlairBlackHeart likes this

Calest - Esper - DPS

Mogs In Exile

Carry a heart that never hates...a smile that never fades...and a touch that never hurts.