• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#1 BigV

BigV

Community Manager

• Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hotfix Patch Notes

• Players can no longer get exceed the 800 decor limit when adding new decor to their Housing Crate.
  • Adventures: The Siege of Tempest Refuge: Fixed an issue that caused the instance to not load creatures and events properly.
  • (PvP) Improved matching for Rated Battlegrounds and Rated Arenas by increasing the amount of rating points per search interval and by increasing the max spread of rating used. This means roughly, that players should see an overall decrease in queue times when attempting to match players/teams of disparate ratings.
  • (PvP) Improved matching for Practice Battlegrounds by increasing the max spread of gearscores used. This is to resolve issues where higher gear scored players were unable to be matched due to the gear scores of other players in the queue.
  • Fixed issue where removing CPU0 from processor affinity mask would improve performance.  Added an optional "-processor #" command line option, if you want to set which processor the main thread is ideally scheduled on.  By default, it will have no preference. This bug fix was identified when looking at AMD CPU performance concerns.
  • Blighthaven - The Elyona the Mad encounter has been temporarily reworked so it functions more reliably. As a result of these changes, the achievement "Mad Skill" is temporarily unavailable.
  • The panel for "A Brief Welcome" in Northern Wastes should no longer get stuck in a unusable state.
  • Elonya the Mad and Sentinel of the Swamp in Blighthaven have had their tagging issues resolved. More than one player/group can receive kill credit for them in the same encounter.
  • Eldan test subjects will now reliably respawn in Northern Wastes.
  • Blighthaven -Quest credit should be easier to obtain when Scorchwing is killed on the daily quest 'Scorched Wings'.
  • Blighthaven - The Fiendish Flyer item imbuement quest should now be easier to earn credit when you kill Scorchwing
  • The Terminus Complex: Fixed an issue where Xarophet could become stuck, blocking progression

Paul "BigV" Williams
Community Manager

#2 Navist

Navist
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Is it still cool to be first?

• stabbyf00 likes this

#3 rawrifficus

rawrifficus
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

POPULAR

Is it still cool to be first?

It never has been cool.

• FreddyK, Mr.Fixx, Kicks and 9 others like this

#4 Vitala

Vitala
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

looks like the most annoying issues have been fixed in this one...

• zombiechan and ApeDosMil like this
Nyashka@Ascendancy, Aurin Esper

#5 Crowborn

Crowborn
  • Members
  • LocationDenmark - Vinderup

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

ALWAYS cool to be first! Shows dedication and class. Right. *nod* *nod*

EU servers seem to be down?

By the by... Did a recent patch include some unmentioned optimizations? My fps has improved.

Kregg - Lightspire (EU)

- 'In the sweetness of friendship, let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.'

#6 Next

Next
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

What about this?

https://forums.wilds...-helping-hands/

• Anoteros, ZagadkaVolya, ladydias and 4 others like this

#7 Tkyrst

Tkyrst
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

RABBLE RABBLE why didn't [Insert bugs that only affect me and made me feel super entitled to have it fixed instantly regardless of whatever the circumstances may be] get fix?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?11

• kingderek, GummiBear, Crowborn and 6 others like this

#8 Niclistin

Niclistin
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Nothing to see here to justify "hotfix" downtime. The Esper exploit in pvp remains unfixed. Excellent!

#9 Tankanidis

Tankanidis
  • Members
  • LocationNot in Nexus anymore Toto.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

All good changes.

Can you please fix Toxic Empress (spider queen daily quest in Crimson Badlands daily map)

She is always evade bugged on the 1st copy of the map :(

#10 Telluric

Telluric
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

Don't really house much...but, how do you "empty" your crate to make more room....

Remember to "Like" any useful information on the WildStar forums for other players to see more easily! 

Also, download the Jabbithole Client and upload your game data after every login to help better the WildStar community!

Medic (Healer), from Stormtalon (PVE)

#11 Tirent404

Tirent404
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

https://forums.wilds...and-adventures/

Any time now...any time....

• Anoteros, Niclistin and Lothrik like this

#12 Rimnii

Rimnii
  • Members

love you guys... keep it up and this game wont lose momentum :)

• Crowborn likes this

Rimnii - Medic - Exile - Stormtalon

#13 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

• (PvP) Improved matching for Rated Battlegrounds and Rated Arenas by increasing the amount of rating points per search interval and by increasing the max spread of rating used. This means roughly, that players should see an overall decrease in queue times when attempting to match players/teams of disparate ratings.
  • (PvP) Improved matching for Practice Battlegrounds by increasing the max spread of gearscores used. This is to resolve issues where higher gear scored players were unable to be matched due to the gear scores of other players in the queue.

OH THANK YOU LORD

#14 Sabrescene

Sabrescene
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Why is the Helping Hands quest still not getting fixed? This is a Zone Story quest that's currently impossible to complete, essentially halting storyline progress for all Exile players. How has it gone this long without getting fixed?

• ApeDosMil, FuzzyKittens, Rockthalamue and 1 other like this

#15 Xon

Xon
  • Members

I really want to know if there is any news on people locked out of things like challenges by virtue of having completed the quest that initiates the challenge the secondary way that the quest suggests.

#16 Frazzles

Frazzles
  • Members
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Oh wow.  Seeing some major things for a hotfix.  Glad to hear it's a step in the right direction for queues and those poor AMD folk.

Thanks!

Doc - Cassian Medical Scientist of Pago

#17 g33k1n

g33k1n
  • Members
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Hotfix Patch Notes

• Fixed issue where removing CPU0 from processor affinity mask would improve performance.  Added an optional "-processor #" command line option, if you want to set which processor the main thread is ideally scheduled on.  By default, it will have no preference. This bug fix was identified when looking at AMD CPU performance concerns.

I am a AMD user, Can anyone tell me how I would use this command to Improve performance? I have an FX 8350 8 Core CPU., 8 gigs of Ram, R9 270x  GFX Card. I get pretty decent FPS  but can be choppy sometimes in towns when I feel should be getting much better. I do around 90+ frames in WoW on Ultra, here between 20 -50. 

#18 Pascale Nighsong

Pascale Nighsong
  • Members
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Does someone know if the Garden plots are fixed, couse i don't want to lose more seeds?

I really want to know if there is any news on people locked out of things like challenges by virtue of having completed the quest that initiates the challenge the secondary way that the quest suggests.

I have that "problem" as wel but that is more couse i think the loot isnt collected of those challenges, atleast i had that problem with the moonshine cabbin. The anwser to it whas to loot it again.

I am at the moment a student in web, mobile and game development that is specialized in user centered development. 

In Wildstar i am on EU Jabbit: Guild: After Forever, Main: Pascale Nightsong

#19 Nafers

Nafers
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

"Fixed issue where removing CPU0 from processor affinity mask would improve performance.  Added an optional "-processor #" command line option, if you want to set which processor the main thread is ideally scheduled on.  By default, it will have no preference. This bug fix was identified when looking at AMD CPU performance concerns."

This one is interesting. I know some people saw a large performance increase from removing wildstar on core0 but this was largely established as just a fix for people running many background processes. However they are suggesting by giving you the option to command which processor it runs on that this must still be a fix for some players. The question I really want to get answered though is why in a generation where pretty much every single person has a quad core processor was a game designed to only constantly use 1 core. Even worst case scenario you have a dual core. Wildstar literally will not use any other cores even when it is crashing. Why would you design a game like this? I understand you want to compensate for people with old computers but you don't need to design a game that runs off a single core and then alienate 80% of your playerbase who actually lives in the friggin modern day.

• Syncronis9, Kithkin and Calculate like this

#20 Bombitup

Bombitup
  • Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

GUILD ISSUES

There is still a huge issue on big guilds,, every time there is an event (login, logout, joined, left etc..) Frame freezes. On smal guild it goes unnoticed, but in 400+ members guild, there is always someone login in or out so the game is stuttering like non stop. Every guildies have the issue. I can fix it by disabling all Carbine addons starting with "guild*" but hey, as the guild leader i can't deal with this much longer lol... can't see members list, bank, influence and all.. Please, investigate. This makes the game barely playable on any settings from ultra low to ultra high. I run it at 70 solid FPS at high with these Carbine addons disabled tho.

Focus on this please, when it's fixed... Guild need some attention too lol.. i mean this is so unpolish. We need to be able to sort online members only, not have the roster list refresh everytime someone comes online or offline. We need to be able to sort ranks after their creations, we need to see MotD when we login etc etc etc.. But my primary concern for now is the stutter caused by all guild related event.

tl;dr PLEASE FIX THE GUILD SYSTEM AND UI :)

I'll finish on a positive note by saying those hotfixes were needed and are also appreciated, keep up the great work !

• Yermoh likes this