Photo

Update Notes - Build 6745.10: 6/28/2014

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 Skitice

Skitice
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

And how about, fixing all he achievement bugs there are in the game.. Because there are allot. 

• Cidster and ApeDosMil like this

#22 Achuah

Achuah
  • Members
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

Lovely! Thanks Carbine!

Characters - 50 Warrior - 50 Medic 

Realm: Zhur (PvP)

Faction: Dominion

#23 Anoteros

Anoteros
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

please Carbine, fix the launcher patch error :/

It's been busted way too long and having to use a vpn just to patch is bullshit.

#24 Lebik

Lebik
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

Carbine FIX Warrior tanks threat generation plz !

#25 Seruleus

Seruleus
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

Still waiting on that AMD support :(

#26 Virtue

Virtue

Senior Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

Still waiting on that AMD support :(

I've got incredibly good news for you next week...  One of our Engineers had a major breakthrough on AMD stuff this afternoon (it's in testing right now) and affects AMD CPUs.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.   :)

Cheers

Edited by Virtue, 28 June 2014 - 04:03 AM.

Geoff Virtue
Senior Producer

Twitter: @WildStar - Support - Server Status

#27 Cymanque

Cymanque
  • Members
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

One of our Engineers had a major breakthrough on AMD stuff this afternoon.

Give him/her a nice shiny Boom-Box. From all of us. :D

Cymanque

Spellslinger Extraordinaire

#28 Tankanidis

Tankanidis
  • Members
  • LocationNot in Nexus anymore Toto.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

POPULAR

I've got incredibly good news for you next week...  One of our Engineers had a major breakthrough on AMD stuff this afternoon (it's in testing right now) and affects AMD CPUs.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.   :)

Cheers

-Fixed a bug where players were using AMD to play the game. Players should note that they will be redirected to the NVIDIA website upon login.

Science achieved.

• Nixxxs, Black Francis, Krighton and 7 others like this

#29 mistakebro

mistakebro
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

omg fix path quests and other quests because alot of ppl cant finish their path and other stuff... 

but nooo you fix repair all buttoms and other ... (((

• ApeDosMil likes this

#30 Fixitman

Fixitman
  • Guests
  • LocationEastern NC-USA

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

-snip-

PS- why are there gold farmers in this game when you can buy gold strait from the DEVs with no risk?????

Gold farmers use up what little intelligence they have on hacking games and accounts. There is little left for actually realizing they might be wasting their time. Good job keeping them stupid, Carbine :D

#31 crowfather

crowfather
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

I would love if they let people patch the game i'm new zealand and Australia cause i don't like using a VPN every time there is a hot-fix. 

Its not fun.

#32 Koowlon

Koowlon
  • Members
  • LocationGermany, RLP

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

I dont get it. Why do ppl think its Carbines fault they need to use VPN? There are 3 or 4 ppl who have this problem, so how about searching for the problem on you end? And guys pls, if they would write down every single Hotfix they made, the first whole Page of this topic would be fixes all the time. Just let them do their work, you dont like it if your boss is telling you to work faster because he does not like the way you sit there do you?...

Ty Carbine for a job well done and keep up the good work

Jeder der behauptet, dass die Feder mächtiger sei als das Schwert, wurde bisher nur von einer Feder "gekitzelt", oder? :ph34r:

#33 Khelzor

Khelzor
  • Members
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

I would love if they let people patch the game i'm new zealand and Australia cause i don't like using a VPN every time there is a hot-fix. 

Its not fun.

I'm in Australia and it works fine for me, never had to use a VPN to patch.  Same goes for all the friends I have that play it, so it doesn't sound like its a blanket problem, might be something more to do with your isp?

#34 Kain Reave

Kain Reave
  • Members
  • LocationEverywhere.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Will you fix the --cupcake--- Translocate beacon not working with Hold To Continue Casting in the strain patch!?*** Or actually rework how that option works because despite being useful sometimes it sucks to auto-1-button-press fully consume all your Suit Power with 1 press of nano field OR not having a hold down "auto-attack". (the nano suit thing is also fixed but I think there's more in the same boat that are not + a "per action bar slot" system wouldn't hurt).

Good news on the AMD thing though :D

***Huh, it's actually fixed in the previous PTR patch notes (that I missed) and it's separate from the normal skills (if it's not mentioned it doesn't apply to more things). Cool, cool cool cool.

All level up announcer messages. For the Caretaker fans out there: transmat binding and recalling quotes. All death/resurrection announcements.

Make SKY changes in Housing one-time-unlock (and raise prices considerably). "Getting attached by not switching things around" is one thing, living in snow for eternity or re-farm 25000 renown is another (weather=/=house style).

#35 Malmström

Malmström
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Will you fix the --cupcake--- Translocate beacon not working with Hold To Continue Casting in the strain patch!? Or actually rework how that option works because despite being useful sometimes it sucks to auto-1-button-press fully consume all your Suit Power with 1 press of nano field OR not having a hold down "auto-attack".

Good news on the AMD thing though :D

I'd like to point you to this:

https://forums.wilds...14/#entry876757

Doesn't say anything about Explorer, but I imagine it will get the same treatment.

Need a crowbar for that foot you seem to have lodged in your mouth?

:lol:

#36 Rinji

Rinji
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

how about fixing gadgets that doesnt work? Like 100% crit for next attack?

I got this gadget. So disappointing that it doesnt work ;_;

#37 Faltigoth

Faltigoth
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

I am going to join the chorus of complaints about the teleporting resource node bots.  If it was just a few here and there, well, that's the price of doing business in an MMO.  On Avatus however, we are talking something like 90-95% of resource nodes in Wilderrun and zones past there are on permanent teleporting bot lockdown.  A big slice of the game is being denied to the playerbase by whatever loophole these guys are exploiting; closing it needs to be one of the top priorities.  I could wait another month for a content drop if it meant that these guys were nuked forever.

#38 TerraChi

TerraChi
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

how about we get a fix for the HACKERS in your game? speed hackers teleporting around taking every crafting resource in sight. i have not been able to farm any ore for 20+ levels. now im going to have to go back to low lv zones to farm! please fix ASAP! oh and there is still a major graphical bug that has not been solved on AMD laptops ( the light flicker). and some settings dont save for people like profanity filter and rotate map..... besides that keep up the good work, love the game!

PS- why are there gold farmers in this game when you can buy gold strait from the DEVs with no risk?????

I think it is important for all of you to understand this because I don't believe any of you have worked on a game before, but fixing one thing isnt as simple as you want it to be. Fixing it could break six more things that they will then have to fix. They are working on it, they just need to be given time and patience from all of us. So cut them some slack. They have said that these issues would be addressed, and you're not a programmer, it's not as easy as you think/want it to be. 

You go Carbine, you're all doing a fantastic job and I am very grateful for the hard work and time each individual has put into this game for us consumers to enjoy. Thank you, Wildstar team!

#39 Jimbru

Jimbru
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Modern MMO players have no idea how good y'all have it.

You should have seen the release of Dark Age of Camelot. When the game released, only one of the three factions was even close to "finished", at least half the classes were only partly functional, and there were bugs, hacks, missing details and problems galore.

Better yet, let us recall the original EverQuest. The game was more down than up during its first several months, including one stretch of three weeks-ish that the entire game was offline for major fixes. Imagine today's generation of EVERYTHING NOW! players having to sit through that...

Could Carbine have done some things better with Wildstar's launch? Sure; frankly, it sometimes seems like Carbine started building this house from the roof down; there's a lot of stuff live right now that should never have made it out of the board room, let alone beta. But compared to how MMO's used to launch, Wildstar is doing pretty damn well. In fact, it's already miles ahead of many games that have been out for years (no STO's mentioned). Which is why I'm still here despite the problems, instead of going back to those games.

• Cymanque likes this

#40 WorstHealerNA

WorstHealerNA
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

I don't get why people feel the need to compliment and thank carbine when they do minuscule updates to the game you pay a monthly fee for. It's there job to do so, enough with sucking up to them, you aren't earning yourself any special cookie points. 

• MoonKnight and ApeDosMil like this