• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_7ofswords

CRB_7ofswords

Lead Systems Designer

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

Greetings Nexians!

Based on the feedback we’ve been getting both from you and our own internal testing, we are planning on making revisions to the way Superb-quality loot is awarded in dungeons and adventures. Simply put, we currently place too much value on completing gold runs for veteran level content. By placing Superb-quality rewards behind a gate of near-perfect PUG performance, we have fostered a “Gold runs or bust” mentality that is negatively affecting our group play experience. We’d much rather people engage with the content and complete the runs they start.

Therefore, we will soon be implementing the following changes:

·         The existing gold medal rewards are being removed from gold medal completion.

o   These rewards will instead drop off the final bosses or encounters for dungeons and adventures.

o   The table from which this loot drops has a chance to be selected and is granted in addition to that bosses regular loot.

·         Any medals earned instead will instead give the group bonus rolls on an instance-wide loot list, at the end of the instance, on top of extra coin and experience rewards.

o   By way of example, completing a bronze medal would provide one bonus reward roll on top of the regular boss kill and completion reward, while a silver medal would provide two bonus rolls and a gold medal would provide three bonus rolls.

o   The items on these rolls are randomly selected from all equipment rewards that could drop from any boss or encounter inside that instance.

§  Each of these bonus rolls has a smaller, flat chance to select from the list of superb rewards.

We want groups to complete full runs of the dungeons and adventures, regardless of the medal earned. Instead of needing to disband immediately when a gold run fails, the Superb-quality rewards are available by working together to get through the instance.

Simply put: if your group runs Veteran Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden, all you need to do to earn a shot at Superb-quality loot is defeat Spiritmother Selene. No more medal requirements!

If you have any more feedback for us, please post it. The devs are listening!

#2 Rakael

Rakael
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

Wrong forum? 

Will these be coming in with the Strain patch?

#3 Xephyr

Xephyr
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Oooo, I like this.

STORMTALON

XEPHYR  AURIN STALKER | UROKO  AURIN SPELLSLINGER | RIN  HUMAN MEDIC | NAGATO  HUMAN WARRIOR | IZANAGI  AURIN ESPER | AMATERASU  MORDESH ENGINEER

#4 LemIstLo

LemIstLo
  • Members
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

clapping.jpg

• Zoldrage, Mistletoe, Shakiko and 3 others like this

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible."  -Salman Rushdie

[Beta] GrampaTeemo (38 Medic)  |  [Live] Zerro (50 Medic)

#5 Anton

Anton
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Well, that could work.  I hope it works.  I didn't have a problem with how it worked before, but this is good.

#6 CRB_7ofswords

CRB_7ofswords

Lead Systems Designer

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Will these be coming in with the Strain patch?

Not immediately with the patch, but you shouldn't need to wait too long.

#7 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

Question before I post a long, angry rant about making rare drops even harder to obtain:  will killing the final boss/clearing the final encounter always drop a purple?

• Oldkrow likes this

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#8 Ryuske

Ryuske
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

While I do see this as a nice change, my only concern would be the chance of getting no superb-quality rewards for a gold level run that is introduced by this system especially since every additional roll get a smaller chance to give a superb-quality reward.  maybe I'm reading into this incorrectly but shouldn't it be the more rolls you have the greater the chance to get superb-quality items?

Rethyk | Aurin | Stalker

Team Legacy | PvX | Exiles

Competitive Gaming Community

#9 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hallelujah, I love it.

I'm sure some people will complain.

I'm sure some people will still demand GOLD OR BUST so they can get the extra % chance.

But overall this should relax things a bit I hope.

will killing the final boss/clearing the final encounter always drop a purple?

No matter if this is the case, it will not be "even harder" for anyone but the (I'd say relatively few) players who could reliably farm gold medals.

Why?

Because the rest often didn't even get to see the end of the instance thanks to party disband.

• Ivorath, Dhirvish and ScrapyardBob like this

#10 dulfy

dulfy
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

This is a very nice change!

Dulfy.net - Wildstar News and Guides

Exile Zone Lore Guide | Vet dungeon guide

#11 Kyuss

Kyuss
  • Members
  • LocationMD

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Nice solution!  I hated how one little mistake or unlucky RNG would trivialize any work you did up to that point.  Last night, I ended up getting silver in a WotW run due to a few too many deaths, but it was frantic and fun.  We ended up completing one objective literally within 2 seconds and let the other team push a bit too much, but I was lucky that our team stuck together.  Gold still seems attractive under this new system, but it's no longer the end-all-be-all.  That's great because I actually find a lot of this content fun, and it's only frustrating when utter perfection is the goal.

• ScrapyardBob likes this

#12 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

No matter if this is the case, it will not be "even harder" for anyone but the (I'd say relatively few) players who could reliably farm gold medals.

Why?

Because the rest often didn't even get to see the end of the instance thanks to party disband.

Anyone with a mildly dedicated group could farm gold medals in the adventures, and bad luck can keep key items from dropping.  This is not a good change if those drops are even rarer.

Edited by dinwitt, 27 June 2014 - 02:08 PM.

• Oldkrow and Malediktus like this

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#13 learn2play

learn2play
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

So much for this game being harder. Give everyone easy loot and the degree of difficulty goes way down.

• Lande and Malediktus like this

#14 TehAcidBaron

TehAcidBaron
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

So much for this game being harder. Give everyone easy loot and the degree of difficulty goes way down.

You still get more out of it for getting gold, dungeons aren't rewarding that's an issue. I don't think anyone was running dungeons for gear at any point. We all did adventures followed by silver dungeons and then raids.

RIP Filthy Gorgeous [FG]  And Ravenous 

6/6 GA, Stalker

#15 Regen

Regen
  • Guests
  • LocationGTA, Ontario

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

???? 

Don't you know how this works, 20 man has been cleared multiple times, time to make gearing up just a little bit easier, especially when not doing so is causing an unfun 5-man pug experience. It's a step in the right direction to making 5-mans dungeons more pug friendly too.

Not even mad.

• Risetta and Yamaguza like this

#16 Fortified

Fortified
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Fantastic change. Best news i've heard since I started playing.

#17 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

POPULAR

The problem isn't the difficulty per se.

The problem is you can't learn and improve in a pug because groups disband before you have had any practice past the first 10 minutes.

There are different ways to make things difficult.

Yeah yeah, "then don't pug". Whatever, man.

• Ivorath, Viverrine, Ornussa and 9 others like this

#18 Fiif

Fiif
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Makes basically no difference to organised guilds, a few extra drops that they'd find hard to get due to vet dungeon golds but it's not huge. Just helps out pugs. As long as this is where the line is drawn in terms of "nerfs" it makes no difference honestly

• Gamof likes this

#19 learn2play

learn2play
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

there will constantly be little excuses bit by bit in this game and WS will continually be made easier right up until it turns right back into current WoW

Carbines "this is a game for HARDCOOORE" directly contradicts pugs being able to clear through content.

• Doogie, Lande and Saintly like this

#20 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

POPULAR

Carbines "this is a game for HARDCOOORE" directly contradicts pugs being able to clear through content.

No, it contradicts your personal definition thereof.

Carbine stated for ages that only raids would be excluded from the LFG system.

Adventures and dungeons were always going to have it.

If there is an LFG system for content, that content should be doable by using said system.

Stop the disgusting elitis-

...oh never mind. Considering your nickname, such a request is probably futile.

• Ivorath, Ornussa, KeepFireFlying and 11 others like this