Play on the PTR, Get BoomBoxes

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Raijinn

Raijinn
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Boom boxes go BOOM!

We need your help on the PTR Cupcakes! Now you all know that good help don’t come cheap, so we’re willing to pay you for your services!

For any quests completed in Blighthaven and Northern Wastes while the PTR is active, you can earn yourself some boom boxes.

The details are tricky, so pay attention -

• You will receive a boom box for every quest for the first five quests
  • After those five quests, you’ll receive one boom box every fifth quest completed
  • This a total maximum earning of 14 boom boxes!
  • All boom boxes can be earned from the time that the PTR was made public, on June 19th, until we patch the content that you’ve been testing, to the live servers.

So whaddaya say? All boom boxes earned will be added to accounts on the LIVE servers approximately one week or so after we go live with the tested content.

Twitter: @Raijinn

#2 Woodberry

Woodberry
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Is there a way to get level 50 gear on the PTR?

Give?

#3 NerdEsq

NerdEsq
  • Members
  • LocationThe MON!

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

Is there a way to get level 50 gear on the PTR?

Bloop

https://forums.wilds...afraid-to-ask…/

Mister Universe, Crisis Manager    Finley McGee    BigMc LargeHuge

<You Cant Stop The Signal> <The Final Frontier>

#4 Ritzu

Ritzu
  • Guests
  • LocationNowhere near an In-N-Out Burger

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

It's already going to take me 3 months to open the boxes I have. =\

• Roques likes this

The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control... and not the other way around.

#5 FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII
  • Members
  • Location鎌倉市, 日本.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

POPULAR

I would, but the items and stuff in the Boom Boxes are absolute shit.
  • Roques, zombaric, Yazra and 12 others like this

"Rules only apply to those whom the authorities wish to apply them too. With enough influence and preference you can get away with anything, or nothing."
~Anonymous
Using a Razer Naga/Logitech G600/MMORPG mouse? Check out this Guide | Want to make your Right Mouse button a Toggle? Try this Addon.

#6 Galactic007

Galactic007
  • Members
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

meh..... those boomboxes are only going to give me more transmat transponders and rune fragments, I know it.

i will probably still test out some stuff when I get the time just because I like too, doesn't mean you can bribe me with boomboxes though  :P

• ApeDosMil likes this

#7 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Need to have a basic mount vendor available for those that didn't preorder as well as directions to Northern Wastes, because it's not shown on the map. Just BlightHaven.

Would be nice to have the taxi's unlocked too to get there quickly.

Oh and toss in a few hundred Prestige to buy the PvP amps as well, some are used in PVE

I only ask this as the boomboxes typically drop nothing but uselss shit. so there needs to be some incentive to try this stuff out and not play live.

Thanks

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#8 Rahst

Rahst
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

How do we earn boom boxes if we don't currently have a level 50?

#9 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

How do we earn boom boxes if we don't currently have a level 50?

Well, there is an NPC that levels teleports you to your home city, then a vendor that gives you 10p and gear , amps etc.

THEN you get to HOOF it to Blighthaven, no clue where the other place is.

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#10 Boomboz

Boomboz
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

Boomboxes for me so far have been kind of meh.  I don't think that they will be able to offset the spoilers I'd get from testing.  I'm really hooked into the lore/story right now.  Not sure I want to know it ahead of everyone, but thanks for the offer.  

I'm actually a little more interested in making a bunch of 50's of the different classes that I haven't tried out and see how they play in eldergame.

• Krighton and ApeDosMil like this

#11 Mondo Corti

Mondo Corti
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Well, there is an NPC that levels teleports you to your home city, then a vendor that gives you 10p and gear , amps etc.

You can only boost to 50 if you have a 50 on normal servers.  So I believe Boom Boxes can only be earned by those with level 50's already, was this really intended Carbine?  Its a bit unfair in my opinion.

• Vrana and Rahst like this

#12 Galactic007

Galactic007
  • Members
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

near the guy in thayd that transports you to crimson badlands is an NPC that transports you to the new northern wastes. If you play dominion your on your own but I would assume it is the same sort of setup

#13 Kahlraxin

Kahlraxin
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Boom boxes go BOOM!

We need your help on the PTR Cupcakes! Now you all know that good help don’t come cheap, so we’re willing to pay you for your services!

For any quests completed in Blighthaven and Northern Wastes while the PTR is active, you can earn yourself some boom boxes.

The details are tricky, so pay attention -

• You will receive a boom box for every quest for the first five quests
  • After those five quests, you’ll receive one boom box every fifth quest completed
  • This a total maximum earning of 14 boom boxes!
  • All boom boxes can be earned from the time that the PTR was made public, on June 19th, until we patch the content that you’ve been testing, to the live servers.

So whaddaya say? All boom boxes earned will be added to accounts on the LIVE servers approximately one week or so after we go live with the tested content.

Are there bots on the test servers?  If not, I'd rather play there since I've quit playing on the Bot... errr... "live" servers.

#14 Stranger

Stranger
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

Well, you have my attention.

#15 Rahst

Rahst
  • Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

You can only boost to 50 if you have a 50 on normal servers.  So I believe Boom Boxes can only be earned by those with level 50's already, was this really intended Carbine?  Its a bit unfair in my opinion.

So because I have taken it slow, played a few different chars and not hurried to level a char to 50 I don't get the chance at boom boxs?  Dang....

• Zoralink and DorianTail like this

#16 Eneco

Eneco
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

In my opinion... on PTR everybody should get same chances.

If carbine wants to test a lvl50 area, everybody should receive a free lvl 50 boost + gear

If they want to test lvl 20 instances, they should wipe all character and give them a new lvl20 boost + gear so try the instance.

Thats why its called PTR -> testing different situations, this includes regular character wipes, level boosts and 

If they want to test new tutorial zones, they can just wipe all character and let us play

There is no need to seperate players in two group already-lvl-50/not-lvl-50, that makes no real sense in testing, especially when rewards come into play, that would just cause more whining

Also level to 10 to get the lvl-boost is stupid

• Vrana, Tankanidis and DorianTail like this

#17 Chac

Chac
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'm probably just missing it, but is there any test realm forum where we can post feedback ?

#18 Zoralink

Zoralink
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'm sure glad I can test the content out and participate in this event, I'd love to!

Wait. No, I can't because I'm leveling multiple characters.

Woops.

• Vrana and ApeDosMil like this

#19 Galactic007

Galactic007
  • Members
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Also level to 10 to get the lvl-boost is stupid

It would be if it worked like that but it doesn't. you get the boost at level 1. speak to an NPC on the arkship to be teleported to your capital and then speak to the NPC right in front of you to be boosted to 50 and get 10 plat. buy cheap gear and all your amps from the holocrypt vendor. easy peasy

#20 Campbell Soup

Campbell Soup
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

You mean I can get more flask of renown, flask of experience, and flask of reputation!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yps, Krighton, Tankanidis and 1 other like this

Enigmo Warriors