Photo

The Public Test Realm is Open!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 Raijinn

Raijinn
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

You can now test out our bigger content drops, such as the upcoming Strain Ultradrop! The new server to test on is called Nexus or Public Test Realm (PTR for short) and it's now open! Now that the PTR is available, here are some things that you should know about it:

• The PTR will be located in the Dallas Data Center
  • As long as you have an Active WildStar subscription (NA or EU) you will be able to access the PTR.
    • Note: This required the team perform magical technical manipulations to make this possible. 
  • Character wipes may be needed on the PTR from time to time and your progress on this Realm may be lost, this is a fair warning!
  • “Boost” NPC’s will be available in Nexus that will level you up and give you gear.
    • “Boost” NPC’s will only be available for players who have earned a level 50 on a Live Realm before 6/12.
    • We typically take time stamps prior to when the next drop will hit the PTR. Example: Before Drop 2 hits the PTR, we’ll take another time stamp.
  • We are planning on leaving the PTR up and available 24/7, similar to any other Realm, for the remainder of the time that Drop 1 (Strain) needs to be tested.
    • o Do note that you shouldn’t approach this server as a new “home” for an ongoing basis as we might have to take this Realm down at a moment’s notice for updates. 
    • o Please consider the PTR a place to visit and check out some new exciting content, not live.
  • In-game localization of Drop 1 will not be ready for Day 1 of PTR, but we work to make it available in a future update. 
  • We’ve set up forums specifically for the Nexus Public Test Realm, they are:
    • Game Update
      • Update notes for the PTR will live here
    • General Discussion
      • General talk about the PTR can take place here
    • Bug Reports
      • If you come across a bug, specific to the PTR content we’d appreciate you submitting them here!
Finally, the Team truly appreciates your early participation in finding and submitting any issues or bugs with the new Strain content you find while on Nexus. Thank you!

The Public Test Realm can be accessed through the WildStarPTR download found here: http://wildstar.patc...WildStarPTR.exe

EDIT: You are totally allowed to video/capture/stream/discuss anything on the PTR by the way. ;)

Twitter: @Raijinn

#2 Ritzu

Ritzu
  • Guests
  • LocationNowhere near an In-N-Out Burger

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Yay, now patches can come more bug free.

The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control... and not the other way around.

#3 Duir

Duir
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

As we move towards testing out our bigger content drops, such as the upcoming Strain Ultradrop, we are going to be opening up a new server to test on called Nexus or Public Test Realm (PTR for short). When the PTR becomes available there are a few things that you should know about it:

• “Boost” NPC’s will be available in Nexus that will level you up and give you gear.
    • “Boost” NPC’s will only be available for players who have earned a level 50 on a Live Realm before 6/12.
    • We typically take time stamps prior to when the next drop will hit the PTR. Example: Before Drop 2 hits the PTR, we’ll take another time stamp.

I know this isn't really an issue, but it kinda sucks that the same time you announce the availibilty of these NPCs you mention the requirement to unlock the use of them and that the deadline to meet that requirement was a week before anyone even knew about it.

I love that their available, just one of those things that I'm sure some newer/casual players will be like "ooh, awesome - oh wait I can't use them till the next major PTR update".

#4 Grumpycarrot

Grumpycarrot
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

I know this isn't really an issue, but it kinda sucks that the same time you announce the availibilty of these NPCs you mention the requirement to unlock the use of them and that the deadline to meet that requirement was a week before anyone even knew about it.

I love that their available, just one of those things that I'm sure some newer/casual players will be like "ooh, awesome - oh wait I can't use them till the next major PTR update".

I guess the thinking is that, if you do not have any experience playing at that level, how can you effectively test and give feed back on any changes that have been made. It's a test realm after all, not a 'here, have some free high end gear / toons' realm. 

• Aikon likes this

#5 becuz

becuz
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

Where are the boost npc's?

Also I never got the Achievement for level 50 does this affect why I cant see boost npcs?

I hit 50 June 4-6th cant remember what day exactly.

#6 Nye

Nye
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:49 AM

Uhm.

Where are level 50 chars getting gear from? :)

Doesn't make too much sense having a naked 50char to test things. Except you want us to focus on the housing update.

#7 Cymanque

Cymanque
  • Members
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

I guess the thinking is that, if you do not have any experience playing at that level, how can you effectively test and give feed back on any changes that have been made. It's a test realm after all, not a 'here, have some free high end gear / toons' realm. 

How can people who rushed through content be trusted with bug reporting?

• JoeyD and Whitlow like this

Cymanque

Spellslinger Extraordinaire

#8 Devlin1991

Devlin1991
  • Members
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

How can people who rushed through content be trusted with bug reporting?

People who got to 50 fast either have way more hours to play than the average or have a better knowledge of the game mechanics than average and used this to level more efficiently. Players from both camps are much better for testing content than people who can only play 2-3h a day and barely understand their own class never mind being able to figure out how some more complex mechanics work and try to break them for testing.

#9 Cymanque

Cymanque
  • Members
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:59 AM

2-3 hours a day is 'casual'? :huh:

Also, many bugs that still have not been corrected are not related to end game content but rather to mid game content. Dyeing & costumes, lore & journals, low level quests, tradeskills, paths etc. You know, the staff that people who want to get to lvl 50 usually skip.

Cymanque

Spellslinger Extraordinaire

#10 Yabco

Yabco
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

Got my lvl 50 on 6/11/2014 9:00:05PM - EU time, lvl up npc doesn't want to speak with me, all i can do is buy gear from holocrypt.

#11 BlairBlackHeart

BlairBlackHeart
  • Members
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Iv gotten 3 characters to 30+(and started over cause i either didn't like the class or hated the characters appearance) does that count? XD

#12 Neurophenomenology

Neurophenomenology
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

I'm sorry, but I won't download additional 18GB of PTR data, in order to try it out and test it for you... That's just ridiculous!

If it was something that can be 1-2GB of data files and just switch the server via launcher... That, I can understand!

As soon, as I saw the 18GB of data files, when I started the WSPTR.exe... I turn it off! I'm sorry, but this is just not user friendly!

• FuzzyKittens likes this

#13 Kurona

Kurona
  • Guests
  • LocationYour Mom's House

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Is the level up NPC in the capital city?

Kurona Silversky

<World Last 9/9>

#14 Yabco

Yabco
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, southwest of Spaceport Alpha in illium, dunno were in Thayd.

#15 Syv Sekstini

Syv Sekstini
  • Members
  • LocationMi

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

When you spawn on the arkship there is an npc that will transport you to your capital and you'll be in front of the level 50 boost npc.

You will have 10 plat and there is a holo-crypt right there to buy gear, amps and bags to get started.

Hope that helps.  :)

• Foxykeep likes this

#16 Lireh

Lireh
  • Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

Uhm.

Where are level 50 chars getting gear from? :)

Doesn't make too much sense having a naked 50char to test things. Except you want us to focus on the housing update.

“Boost” NPC’s will be available in Nexus that will level you up and give you gear. 

#17 Lankybrit

Lankybrit
  • Guests
  • LocationPleasanton, CA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

So, is the Strain only level 50 content or what? Is there any point in anyone other than level 50s trying out the PTR?

My Life on Planet Nexus And Beyond (Blog) - http://lankywsblog.blogspot.com/ (Updated every Monday)

#18 Foxykeep

Foxykeep
  • Members
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Awesome news !! Going to be able to debug addons even easier now :)

Foxykeep | Dominion | Cassian Engineer

<The Drunk Tanks> (Avatus)

Come watch me playing!   --   Addons: ProcsHUD

#19 athlonmax

athlonmax
  • Members
  • LocationKL, Malaysia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

How big is the PTR download files?

#20 Cyanhide

Cyanhide
  • Members