• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#1 The Foe Hammer

The Foe Hammer
  • Members
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

POPULAR

Launch was a borderline disaster with many people not having access to early access, and there are bugs and optimization issues that need addressing, but let's be frank: There have been many great mmos that have paved the path - EQ, SWG, FFXI, WoW, SWTOR.....but folks, we have reached the pinnacle. WildStar is the Michael Jordan of MMO's, it is the superior by a long shot, and we may never see another close, so hold what you got, and remember to tell your kids about it someday. From questing to housing, textures to lighting, pve to pvp, crafting to combat, WildStar is a c-hair away from utter perfection. Some of you are frustrated by mechanics and bugs, please, be patient and look at the bigger picture, the devs are listening. That is all.

• TerminusSojourner, Ethunyiel, Kendrich and 46 others like this

SquirrelNuts: Chua Engineer, Widow server

Formerly Known As - Siege: Elvaan DRG/THF/BLM, Lakshmi server, FFXI. White-wolf: Commando rDPS/Healer, The Harbinger/POT5, SWTOR.

#2 Flinder

Flinder
  • Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

POPULAR

Sure, I'll agree, why not.

I say for sure that the less I read this message board, the better I feel about the game.

• Madda, Pruor, Fuzedknight and 16 others like this

You must gather your party before venturing forth

#3 Zoldrage

Zoldrage
  • Guests
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Oh its starting

Anyone needs some

popcorn.jpg

• Balf, Beartornado, ZombieTechnix and 4 others like this

Current Fav games : Wildstar // Planetside 2 // Planetary Anhiliation // Warframe // Robocraft // Guild Wars 2 // Dying Light // 7 days to Die             

Waiting for : Star Citizen // Guild Wars 2 : Heart of Thorns Expansion // GTA V

#4 learn2play

learn2play
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

You forgot to mention its the Michael Jordan thats 51.

A C-hair is a unit of measurement for those unaware.

• The Foe Hammer likes this

#5 WereCatf

WereCatf
  • Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Why another one of these?

• El_Guapo, Tinroofer and Talrindar like this

"HAND, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket."

-- Ambrose Bierce, Devil's Dictionary

#6 Tinroofer

Tinroofer
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Only time will tell for me. I usually tend to judge mmo's by how long they hold me, so we'll see how it goes - for me personally that is.

#7 intrinsc

intrinsc
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

I disagree, but it's a damn good game. If we are using basketball player analogies I will liken WoW to Michael Jordan: the best ever, but old and tired because of age, 6 rings, still has some magic left within its wrinkled husk. Wildstar is LeBron James: big, strong, fast, 2 rings,a lot of comparisons to the best, but not quite there, yet.

• Aurin Spellslinger, Technoir, zombiechan and 5 others like this

#8 The Foe Hammer

The Foe Hammer
  • Members
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Sure, I'll agree, why not.

I say for sure that the less I read this message board, the better I feel about the game.

There is alot of negativity on these forums but much of it is unwarranted, I hear you. 

Bugs will be worked out, and people who didn't mind the min spec requirements have no one to blame but themselves honestly. 

• Reverb likes this

SquirrelNuts: Chua Engineer, Widow server

Formerly Known As - Siege: Elvaan DRG/THF/BLM, Lakshmi server, FFXI. White-wolf: Commando rDPS/Healer, The Harbinger/POT5, SWTOR.

#9 Bielduwyn

Bielduwyn
  • Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

I fail to see how most of the criticism here is "unwarranted", I've seen plenty of valid and well reasoned criticisms regarding the game's design. Just because you don't experience them as problematic doesn't mean everyone else who has issues with the game is by default wrong. You're not the arbiter of what makes a great game. Tastes differ, and thank goodness for that.

• El_Guapo, bizkitz, Raighrz and 3 others like this

#10 Mefit

Mefit
  • Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

So I was outside yesterday , thinking of BBQing , and it rained ...............................I'm going to go complain to the DEV of Earth and ask him for my money back , the sky is broken and keeps leaking :(

Anyone know the Web Address to the forums of Earth ? I need to write a "I quit , the Sky is leaking Bug is Life breaking" Thread ,

• Fuzedknight, deverin, zombiechan and 5 others like this

If you are not Chua , I think your Stories suck and you are lame !

#11 Zanric

Zanric
  • Guests
  • LocationNexus

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

First person to use the terms 'hardcore' or 'casual' owes everyone 10 plat.

Also, demanding instant gratification for various bugs or refusing to admit there are bugs in the game; you owe everyone 20 plat.

• Fuzedknight, ZombieTechnix and Reverb like this

Is there anything funnier than an anonymous MMO hipster getting upset over a different opinion?

#12 mirta000

mirta000
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

First person to use the terms 'hardcore' or 'casual' owes everyone 10 plat.

Also, demanding instant gratification for various bugs or refusing to admit there are bugs in the game; you owe everyone 20 plat.

it's one hell of a buggy game, but not the buggiest game that I ever played (also has more excuse for being a buggy mess than let's say Garry's Incident, because it's a much bigger scope game). Do I owe you anything? :3

• Zanric likes this

http://the-unknowns.eu/ we have a side thing going on on Luminai. We have some serious guilds for Blade and Soul and Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, but you're welcome to join us on Wildstar just for funzies too :)

#13 Zanric

Zanric
  • Guests
  • LocationNexus

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

it's one hell of a buggy game, but not the buggiest game that I ever played (also has more excuse for being a buggy mess than let's say Garry's Incident, because it's a much bigger scope game). Do I owe you anything? :3

12 copper.

• mirta000 likes this

Is there anything funnier than an anonymous MMO hipster getting upset over a different opinion?

#14 savionen

savionen
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

It's the best MMO ever made! Except for that. And that. And that.... and that, and that, and that, and that and that.... and that. And that........ and that.

• ZombieTechnix and learn2play like this

#15 Mad Stalker

Mad Stalker
  • Members
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

I love the game, just wish that dungeons had more experience...

• Tayle and PhroX like this

I know a LOT of people are complaining about Wildstar. I think a LOT of people forget that this is for fun. I love WildStar a LOT.

Level 16-Esper

#16 ZombieTechnix

ZombieTechnix
  • Guests
  • LocationIn a Tardis, traveling to when gaming was still fun.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Actually, if we're being completely frank (since we're using basketball analogies)... Wildstar is more like the Tiger Woods of basketball...

...and yes, I'm fully aware -- Tiger Woods plays golf. :ph34r:

★☆★☆★ 32 Year \/ Gaming-Veteran ★☆★☆★  [Confucius says]: ボウタイされている根本的な  and ~  不要惊慌实际男子爱耶稣

If you can read this, yer' too darn close! F2P made my day!: Everything I ever stated, called, or predicted about this game all along has come to fruition & was 200% completely/totally accurate. #GamingExpFTW #32YrGamer #HardcoreNoMore #CalledIt I don't play well with others; just look at the flowers. 

{ FX-6300 3.5ghz [OC-able to 4+ghz] 6-Core (Tower), 8gb Ram, AMD Radeon HD R7 250 /w 2gb vRam, Win 8.1 64-Bit & Ubuntu 14.04 Dual-Boot/VirtualBox, 46" Samsung ultra-conversion 3D HDTV }

#17 ZigR

ZigR
  • Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

No, not the best

Have you ever play Japan, Korea MMO ? 

More Classes, more skills, fun combat, various stats builds, not spam quest to lv, etc...

AND NOT HAVE FPS ISSUE.

• ZombieTechnix likes this

#18 Bragol

Bragol
  • Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

This game really does have a lot going for it.  

A lot of people are tired of faceroll content, so having some challenging content for dungeons starting at level 20 really is game changing.  I'd hate to call challenging content "innovation" but seriously at this time in the mmo market it is.  

The pvp is pretty not bad so far.  Arenas already in game.  It's a bit of a technicolour disco cluster-cupcake disaster on screen, but I did manage to have fun.

The story so far seems pretty captivating.  Here is a world with some interesting things going on, that can develop over time and be truly interesting.

Lore goes along with that, I'm actually enjoying the backstory and lore for once an MMO.  A galactic archive that i'm ACTUALLY reading.

A challenging endgame that keeps the hardcores playing and the casuals something to look up to or forward to.  

The combat, is ACTUALLY fun.

--------

All that being said, lets hope Carbine addresses some fixes soon - WITHOUT making things WORSE or BREAKING MORE STUFF. Because the past few fixes have been pretty lackluster.  I can't report spam in email without the game crashing now.  WOTW adventure was ruined.  There's definitely been some very serious missteps.

#19 Keithy21

Keithy21
  • Members
  • LocationMD

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

It's a fun game and it's different but from my experience with so many MMORPG's I can't say this is the best...though they do have a chance to be the best if they keep fixing and adding more.  I guess only time will tell.

• bizkitz likes this

#20 zombiechan

zombiechan
  • Members
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

No, not the best

Have you ever play Japan, Korea MMO ? 

More Classes, more skills, fun combat, various stats builds, not spam quest to lv, etc...

AND NOT HAVE FPS ISSUE.

I've tried those asian mmos before, and tend to get bored of them quickly. The only one that seems interesting to me is ArcheAge and that's because the PvP element to it seems fun.

"Anyhoo, Tizgo has been stung about seven hundred times so far. Can't feel pain anymore. Mouth only thing moving... and... not easy. So good job... Duke... Dumb-face. Killed us for... tea" - Tizgo Gopp

Adrian Denan(Mordesh Stalker) && Rax Zarmixx(Chua Engineer) && Mako Razorhorn (Draken Warrior)

RIP Warbringer (and Warhound)(Nvm Warhound is dead again)  :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wildstar, eq, mmorpg, swtor, wow, eso, eve, lineage, great development