Photo

Our DPS is ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#1 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

I have 2,6k AP.. that's INSANELY high and there is no way on earth I can even get close to the damage Engineers/Stalkers/Warriors do, when is our buff coming? 

I know how to properly DPS as a medic, I'm reaching 4,5-4,7k on single target raid bosses with proper raid buffs&debuffs on bosses. Meanwhile engineers are at 8k, warriors & stalkers dishing out 6-7k dps no problemos.

Here is my DPS build: http://ws-base.com/b...628.637.638.639

THE AMPS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO: http://i.imgur.com/TBYypdd.png

#2 LastPrussian

LastPrussian
  • Members
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

What makes you think you should be doing thesame amount of damage single target?  There is a reason why you have so many AOEs

Sinister Savant is a West Coast, North American, Dominion Guild on the Stormtalon PvE server is recruiting!  Check us out http://sinistersavant.com

Check out my Wildstar Twitch channel, 720p 7 days a week :)  http://www.twitch.tv/lastprussian

#3 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

What makes you think you should be doing thesame amount of damage single target?  There is a reason why you have so many AOEs

Lol what are you even on about? Our AoE dps is also worse than most other classes.

#4 Kreed

Kreed
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

I'd take the points out of Strikethrough and put them into Cooldowns. That way you can get off cd abilities such as probes and Fissure off more often. 15% cd reduction > 3% strikethrough chance imo.

#5 Intensive

Intensive
  • Guests
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

I'd take the points out of Strikethrough and put them into Cooldowns. That way you can get off cd abilities such as probes and Fissure off more often. 15% cd reduction > 3% strikethrough chance imo.

+1

Intensive - Medic (Healer) - <Subterfuge>

Twitch Streaming

System: Win7 Pro x64; i5 3570k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 780 ti Superclocked; 16G DDR3; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD

#6 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

And then I'll be deflecting on raid mobs all day instead, sounds like a great idea.

You can if you want remove annihilation to get more CDR.

#7 Intensive

Intensive
  • Guests
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

And then I'll be deflecting on raid mobs all day instead, sounds like a great idea.

You can if you want remove annihilation to get more CDR.

Get Strikethrough with gear.  You can't get CDR through gear, so why would you pass it up?

Sounds like a great idea.

Twitch Streaming

System: Win7 Pro x64; i5 3570k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 780 ti Superclocked; 16G DDR3; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD

#8 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Get Strikethrough with gear.  You can't get CDR through gear, so why would you pass it up?

Sounds like a great idea.

Alright well you seem clueless about how medics work but let me explain why you're wrong.

Strikethrough, you need water rune slots mainly to get strikethrough and that's RNG, I can't choose wether I get it or not.

Even IF  I get a 100% water rune, slot on a chest only yields 0,16% strikethrough.

So no, strikethrough from AMP is a must.

#Shotsfired

#9 BroFistForLife

BroFistForLife
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

Are you sure thats your build? Your AMPs are somewhat funky, Annihalation, but no AP spent on it?.

Try my build I do close to 3k single target dmg right now.

T4 Devastator Probes is for the detonation. You'll only really be using Fissure to detonate the probes and keep the debuff up.
Restrictor will be the go to escape for boss mechanics. This is for synergy with the Entrapment Trait.
Anything can be swapped out for Urgency or Calm as necessary.

AMPS
Take all the basic assault amps and exceptional t1 amps. Also spec into Entrapment for an additional 6% damage increase to the entire raid when using Restrictor.

Full Elder Gem Version (if you wonder):

T4 Empowering Probes for more deeps. Meltdown Amp for more deeps. Null Zone because why not. It's also probably worth taking Surgical if the fight allows for the Healer Medics to use Field Probes.

Healslinger 6/6 GA 8/9 DS40 - 9/9 DS20

Medic healer 6/6 GA 4/9 DS

Engineer DPS 6/6 GA

#10 sevensided

sevensided
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

I would definitely drop Annihilation in your AMPs, especially since you're not using it apparently, and put it in cooldown. The 15% cooldown makes a noticeable difference in damage output:,easier syncing Fissure to detonate Probes at the end of Probe's lifespan, more atomize, and more uptime on EP.

Also, you can /stat/ strikethrough (helooooo Brutality), but you cant stat cooldown on equipment. But 3% strikethrough is good too. *shrug*

#11 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Are you sure thats your build? Your AMPs are somewhat funky, Annihalation, but no AP spent on it?.

Try my build I do close to 3k single target dmg right now.

T8 Discharge and GR are a given. GR will be swapped out for T8 Quantum Cascade if there's more than one enemy.
T4 Devastator Probes is for the detonation. You'll only really be using Fissure to detonate the probes and keep the debuff up.

Atomize, Paralytic Surge, and Empowering Probes are all givens.

Restrictor will be my go to escape for boss mechanics. This is for synergy with the Entrapment Trait.

Anything can be swapped out for Urgency or Calm as necessary.

AMPS
Took all the basic assault amps and exceptional t1 amps. Also speced into Entrapment for an additional 6% damage increase to the entire raid when using Restrictor.

I already said annihilation is optional, it is better in a raiding environment if you have a medic going *cupcake* spec with t8 fissure, no need for you to use it then.

Restrictor? Use Urgency instead.

T4 Dev probes not good, your group is losing out on 3% strikethrough & 3% crit chance which are important as *cupcake* for raids.

Other than that, your AMPs are pretty much what I would go for if I didnt go for Meltdown/Annihilation :)

I would definitely drop Annihilation in your AMPs, especially since you're not using it apparently, and put it in cooldown. The 15% cooldown makes a noticeable difference in damage output:,easier syncing Fissure to detonate Probes at the end of Probe's lifespan, more atomize, and more uptime on EP.

Also, you can /stat/ strikethrough (helooooo Brutality), but you cant stat cooldown on equipment. But 3% strikethrough is good too. *shrug*

I explained why I have annihilation, but this is a unique situation and that's why I'm using it. 

I might be underestimating CDR, I'll try it out for a few tries and report back. 

#12 Intensive

Intensive
  • Guests
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Alright well you seem clueless about how medics work but let me explain why you're wrong.

Strikethrough, you need water rune slots mainly to get strikethrough and that's RNG, I can't choose wether I get it or not.

Even IF  I get it, a 100% water rune slot on a chest only yields 0,16% strikethrough.

#Shotsfired

You are right, I am clueless so far about endgame gear.  However, I see tons of +strikethrough (plus brutality ofc) on low level gear.  I would assume you could pick up a piece for a *cupcake*load more than a measly 3% through AA's, while sacrificing 15%CDR that you can't get through gear.

Idk, I just think about it logically rather than emotionally I guess.

Twitch Streaming

#13 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

You are right, I am clueless so far about endgame gear.  However, I see tons of +strikethrough on low level gear.  I would assume you could pick up a piece for a *cupcake*load more than a measly 3% through AA's, while sacrificing 15%CDR that you can't get through gear.

Idk, I just think about it logically rather than emotionally I guess.

Yeah and this is the problem, too many low level medics saying something that's not correct and it appears to be confusing the developers.

Not blaming you, but you should state that you're a low lev so I know from what PoV you're talking about.

#14 Intensive

Intensive
  • Guests
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Yeah and this is the problem, too many low level medics saying something that's not correct and it appears to be confusing the developers.

Not blaming you, but you should state that you're a low lev so I know from what PoV you're talking about.

Only issue Is I have 50's who came in here after me agreeing with and saying the exact same thing I said.  So no, unfortunately as I said, I think about it logically.  Level has nothing to do with it.

Twitch Streaming

#15 BroFistForLife

BroFistForLife
  • Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

Man you are asking for advice but all you do is critizise everyone else? Well, good luck improving if you don't want help, but only confirmation about your "awesome" build.

You are doing 2.5k, I am doing 3k. So which spec is the better one? Restrictor>Urgency anyday, anywhere.

Good luck have fun, this is a thread I will enjoy, but not participate in any longer.

Healslinger 6/6 GA 8/9 DS40 - 9/9 DS20

Medic healer 6/6 GA 4/9 DS

Engineer DPS 6/6 GA

#16 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Man you are asking for advice but all you do is critizise everyone else? Well, good luck improving if you don't want help, but only confirmation about your "awesome" build.

You are doing 2.5k, I am doing 3k. So which spec is the better one? Restrictor>Urgency anyday, anywhere.

Good luck have fun, this is a thread I will enjoy, but not participate in any longer.

2,5k? I am doing 4,5k-4,7k, where did 2,5k come from?

No, on most boss fights you need a long teleport to get back into the fight quickly after a big knockback, restrictor wont cutr it.

I am criticizing to open an in depth discussion so perhaps someone can find an important detail to medic DPS so it wont be so shite.

Never said my build is awesome, but haven't seen any raid medic so far do more than I have.

Only issue Is I have 50's who came in here after me agreeing with and saying the exact same thing I said.  So no, unfortunately as I said, I think about it logically.  Level has nothing to do with it.

Where are these 50 medics? I would like to see some screenshots of medics doing more than 5k deeps on raid bosses. :)

Btw this is the new build I'm ruinning: http://i.imgur.com/TBYypdd.png

#17 Roques

Roques
  • Members
  • LocationHuntington Beach, CA

Even IF  I get a 100% water rune, slot on a chest only yields 0,16% strikethrough.

#Shotsfired

You seem like you only want to answer your question yourself..  so why don't you just pretend someone answered you and close the thread because you're too difficult to please.  On to the next topic.

PS.  it was a good idea what Kreed and Davito suggested.  Take it or leave it.  

You will probably leave it. because you're negative.

Roque 

50 Draken Warrior | Warbringer | Soldier | Expert Weaponsmith

All around BAMF

#18 sevensided

sevensided
  • Members

I like the restrictor/entrapment combo. I may have to give that a go. I dunno if it will have enough uptime on the expose though.

And if someone else is mainlining Fissure, then you can use Collider to detonate probes. Same damage (often more damage, since you will more likely hit with everything), less likely to miss time the detonate.

#19 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

You seem like you only want to answer your question yourself..  so why don't you just pretend someone answered you and close the thread because you're too difficult to please.  On to the next topic.

PS.  it was a good idea what Kreed and Davito suggested.  Take it or leave it.  

You will probably leave it. because you're negative.

I want answers to why medic DPS is crap, so far noone in this thread has answered my question.

And I've already tried what they said about CDR, doesn't make a difference. Our core issue seems to be that Discharge/Gamma Ray is doing too little damage.

I like the restrictor/entrapment combo. I may have to give that a go. I dunno if it will have enough uptime on the expose though.

And if someone else is mainlining Fissure, then you can use Collider to detonate probes. Same damage (often more damage, since you will more likely hit with everything), less likely to miss time the detonate.

It's very hard to keep track off dev probes timer (you need it to tick for 5seconds atleast to make it worthwhile for T4) when there are other medics using dev probes as well. But yes if you can keep track off it and do it perfectly that probably yields the highest dps.

#20 Intensive

Intensive
  • Guests
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

+1 to this... Just posted the exact same thing on the DPS rotation thread lol.  Since the nerf to the fissure debuff, I don't see a reason to run it over collider anymore.  And I would not run both.

Bigger telegraph, more damage, and easier to time with Dev Probes detonation.

I want answers to why medic DPS is crap, so far noone in this thread has answered my question.

And I've already tried what they said about CDR, doesn't make a difference. Our core issue seems to be that Discharge/Gamma Ray is doing too little damage.

To be fair, if you changed up your attitude and were open to AMP and LAS changes, you might see your numbers increase.  Also, we have Empowering Probes and other utility.  Just because it doesn't show on a parse, doesn't mean we don't provide a huge benefit to the raid.  Yes we do need a small bump in our DPS, and yes we need a reduced CD timer on our stun for IA.  Other than that, we are pretty close to even from everything I have seen.

Twitch Streaming