Darkmgl
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

http://www.wildstar-.../classes/medic/

#22 Merkal

Merkal
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Medic single target DPS is on our radar as something to improve. As of now bug fixes are taking priority to balance changes.

#23 MatchlessGlory

MatchlessGlory
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Medic single target DPS is on our radar as something to improve. As of now bug fixes are taking priority to balance changes.

Tbh, I'm glad that bug fixes are taking priority.

Glory is its own reward

Glory- Matchless

#24 IIIII

IIIII
  • Members
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Having GR T4 fixed will be so nice. I'll be patient on our single target issue for now.

#25 Madix

Madix
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

I play a level 50 medic and I don't feel like I have problems with DPS. I feel like knowing you class, proper build and ability rotation is key to optimizing your damage. I frequently end dungeons and adventures with #1 dps. There's a lot of great posts and guides out there on how to make the most of your medic. Check them out if you're having problems with damage =)

• El_Guapo likes this

#26 Grimnar

Grimnar
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Madix, we (myself, IIIII, Leimone) have been playing/testing medic for a while now, and we have the "optimal" dps LAS/AMP build as it stands currently. All three of us, and others besides that, agree that medics are bottom tier DPS. In regards to dungeons, aoe pulls do favor us, but there are enough trash pulls to skew the dungeon rankings. The way most of us are looking at medic is from a ST perspective, where even Merkal has said that we are weak and being look at for buffs after all the bug fixes.

#27 WildPair

WildPair
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

I am just so glad to hear this. Until then I am going to stay heals.  I feel like in PVP we dont have a great go to destroy that guy type of moves. 1v1 isn't super bad in duels.  Until then I feel like PVP dps medic is like mostly AOE type of spam to bring down people's overall health and let others do the "finishing" off work before we targeted by 3 or 4 spellslingers simulataneously.

#28 sipep

sipep
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

I play a level 50 medic and I don't feel like I have problems with DPS. I feel like knowing you class, proper build and ability rotation is key to optimizing your damage. I frequently end dungeons and adventures with #1 dps. There's a lot of great posts and guides out there on how to make the most of your medic. Check them out if you're having problems with damage =)

Please have some numbers to back these kinds of claims up. What you are suggesting is that almost every single medic is playing incorrectly because we are buttom barrel dps, but you have the secret build that you say is giving you number 1 dps.

#29 Fiif

Fiif
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

If empowering probes read "you summon probes that deal 10% of your, and 4 party members damage for X seconds" and there dps was added to us as opposed to the group we'd be considered over powered while we'd have the exact same affect on the group.

We do less dps , we bring the best increase in damage bugs. Yes we NEED to do less damage because of that.

#30 Fiif

Fiif
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Please have some numbers to back these kinds of claims up. What you are suggesting is that almost every single medic is playing incorrectly because we are buttom barrel dps, but you have the secret build that you say is giving you number 1 dps.

On the world first kills there medic dps is keeping in the top 5, and that's with some of the best buffs in the game. Sorry but the guy you reply to is correct. Most medics still use QC in single target fights btw, no idea why but so many actually do..

#31 Grimnar

Grimnar
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Flif, that guy in that video is Leimone. He says medics are bottom tier dps. This argument is pretty much pointless now. Merkal (our class designer for those who don't know) has already stated that medic single target dps is being looked at for buffs, it is just after bug fixes in priority. Obv we aren't performing as well as intended, so can we stop this circular argument please?

#32 Fiif

Fiif
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

My point is not that they're to strong or two weak it is that due to their utility they should actually have less dps then classes that do not provide the same level of utility. My second point was basically just stating that most medics are in fact playing the game incorrectly wrong what I have seen and never meant that as "look at this we are actually the bestest". Maybe we have issues but class designers generally just do/agree with the majority and will , in most games, not disagree even if they know/believe the majority of people are incorrect.

Meh anyway balance will always be an issue, we will probably be over powered next patch and people on this forum will be claiming how we are infact perfectly fine in order to try and dodge a nerf bat

#33 Ragerz

Ragerz
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

My point is not that they're to strong or two weak it is that due to their utility they should actually have less dps then classes that do not provide the same level of utility. My second point was basically just stating that most medics are in fact playing the game incorrectly wrong what I have seen and never meant that as "look at this we are actually the bestest". Maybe we have issues but class designers generally just do/agree with the majority and will , in most games, not disagree even if they know/believe the majority of people are incorrect.

Meh anyway balance will always be an issue, we will probably be over powered next patch and people on this forum will be claiming how we are infact perfectly fine in order to try and dodge a nerf bat

What? I find warriors brings better utility. and destory medics in dps.

#34 Xephenon

Xephenon
  • Guests
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

If empowering probes read "you summon probes that deal 10% of your, and 4 party members damage for X seconds" and there dps was added to us as opposed to the group we'd be considered over powered while we'd have the exact same affect on the group.

We do less dps , we bring the best increase in damage bugs. Yes we NEED to do less damage because of that.

Every class brings similar buffs. Bringing damage buffs/resistance debuffs to an enemy is not Medic unique, all classes can do that. Esper has TKStorm and Haunt. And even though I don't play these, I know that Spellslingers have Arcane Missles & Withering Magic and Engineers have Bio Shell and Unstable Anomaly. And, even though they are horrible OP currently, Warriors have Power Link *which is 18% damage boost for the party* while still having a much, much higher p-DPS than us Medics.

• El_Guapo likes this

Air | Chua | DPS Medic | Professor | Ravenous (EU PvP)

Thou who art undead art chosen. In thine Exodus from the Undead Asylum, maketh pilgrimage to the lands of ancient Lords.

When thou ringeth the Bell of Awakening, the fate of the undead thou shalt know.

#35 w01fe

w01fe
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

glad to see the dev post.

ill shadup for now

#36 Lazercoon

Lazercoon
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

Maybe because you are primarily a healer? no reason a medic should be doing damage compared to actual dps

thats just my opinion

Leave.

If they have a DPS spec, they should be able to play DPS. I like the way the Medic's DPS spec plays compared to all the other classes, and I'd like to be viable. Medic's DPS viability does not affect Medic's heal viability, so LITERALLY EVERYONE should agree that their DPS spec should be viable, even if your opinion is that Medics should primarily heal (which, in my opinion, is a foolish opinion.)

#37 Brox

Brox
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Another ridiculous post by someone not thinking before they post. Seriously, why do people reply to these topics with so little knowledge of what they are talking about. Do you have any idea how much damage other classes utility brings to the raid? Warriors bring every bit as much utility as us and are a top tier damage dealer. Also, every class brings utility in the form of buffs or debuffs. Should the damage increase from all those be given to the respective class applying them as well? You're argument is completely irrelevant to this game. 

If a medic is amped and geared PURELY for DPS, then they should be competitive with any other damage dealer. I will agree that I would like to see any dps that brings the utility to the raid from their perspective class should do so at the cost of some damage. However, if all buffs/debuffs are covered, then all damage dealers across the board should be equally capable of doing competitive damage. Any other scenario is an utter failure. 

• Bnol likes this

#38 Glasse

Glasse
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Medic dps is fine. We only have problems on bosses with adds because then Gamma Ray becomes terrible for the duration of the adds.

The biggest problem is that when our 3 beams can't hit the same target due to mobs being stacked up, we lose a lot of dps.

Easiest way to buff medic: make Gamma Ray a single beam, or make it so if all 3 beams hit anything (not the same target) it triggers the ressource refund.

It might be harder to be competitive, but you can easily be up there with everyone else. It sounds a lot more like player issues. I am definitely at the top of the damage meter when I pug and middle of the pack when I group with competent people.

Now if only the instant GR consuming 4 actuators bug would be fixed...

#39 Grimnar

Grimnar
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Glasse....middle of the pack with competent people puts you above the tank and healer. That is the bottom of the dps.  And why do people STILL insist that medic dps is fine when the medic class dev has stated that we are weaker than intended???? Can we please drop it and wait for the content drop...which will probably contain a massive balance pass?

#40 Glasse

Glasse
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

how is middle of the dps pack "above the tank?" you understand what middle means right? it's between the top and bottom of the dps classes