No queue times for guest accounts?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lorelai

Lorelai
  • Guests
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I'm wondering if this is intended or a bug. I gave out two of my guest passes and both of my friends have been able to log into the server right away while I am still stuck in queue... 

#2 Virtue

Virtue

Senior Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hi Lorelai,

I just sent this over to our Network Engineering team as by design, guests are not prioritized over subscribing players.

They are actively investigating this issue and we hope to have an update for you soon. 

Cheers

Geoff Virtue
Senior Producer

Twitter: @WildStar - Support - Server Status

#3 Leewiz

Leewiz
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

I literally just posted this same issue seconds before you.  Submit a support ticket about it.  Hopefully we'll get helped.

This is my request number.

Request #282240

#4 Lassiie

Lassiie
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi Lorelai,

I just sent this over to our Network Engineering team as by design, guests are not prioritized over subscribing players.

They are actively investigating this issue and we hope to have an update for you soon. 

Cheers

You realize how much that smells of bullsh*t right....conveniently prioritizing those who haven't payed to play in order to get them to buy the game....I have a hard time believing that something that so clearly benefits Carbine isn't "by design"

#5 CRB_Buiden

CRB_Buiden
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hey guys just wanted to jump in here and explain what happened really quick.  My account doesn't look like a dev account due to some forum switch over but I assure you that I am.

Anyway this was totally my fault, there was a bug in the logic for guest vs player queues which resulted in sometimes guests making it in a lot quicker than they ought to.

We're prepping a fix right now where everyone will be put into the same queue until we can address the more long term solution of prioritizing those of you who have purchased the game.

Once again sorry for dropping the ball on this one, it was one of those features which was really hard to test without a lot of actual players!

Lead Software Engineer -- @CRB_Buiden

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Director of Operations

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hey guys just wanted to jump in here and explain what happened really quick.  My account doesn't look like a dev account due to some forum switch over but I assure you that I am.

Anyway this was totally my fault, there was a bug in the logic for guest vs player queues which resulted in sometimes guests making it in a lot quicker than they ought to.

We're prepping a fix right now where everyone will be put into the same queue until we can address the more long term solution of prioritizing those of you who have purchased the game.

Once again sorry for dropping the ball on this one, it was one of those features which was really hard to test without a lot of actual players!

Confirming Buiden should be a red name. 

Confirming it is now fixed on live.

Confirming guests should never have been able to cut in line. (We were trying to make them go through slower... and achieved the opposite /sigh)

#teamCrowbar

<-- Ops Guy

~C~

#7 Leewiz

Leewiz
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for responding to us guys! :D

#8 Khyldran

Khyldran
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Confirming Buiden should be a red name. 

Confirming it is now fixed on live.

Confirming guests should never have been able to cut in line. (We were trying to make them go through slower... and achieved the opposite /sigh)

Cougar, if you mean fixed on LIVE, it is NOT fixed. I made a guest account to test it and at this very minute I can bypass the Pergo queue on guest while sitting on position 1000 on my Preorder account.

#9 Nicotroll

Nicotroll
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

THANK YOU. <3

#10 Alvorada

Alvorada
  • Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

The real discussion should be why do we even have to experience a 1h/avg queue in order to log in? I honestly find it outrageous and insulting, having payed the amount we did (and still do) to play the game. There's an obvious lack of infrastructure...

Many of us only have like 2 hours/day to play, and more than half of that is being spent on a queue. What's up with that? I want to know when it will be fixed, and I'm sure a lot of other players are wondering the same thing...

Tks

#11 DexterMorganQQ

DexterMorganQQ
  • Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

you guys all realize even WOW had hour long que times on there popular servers i remember when new servers opened up they had 24 hour que times it will get better. problem is they need a few more servers now that it seems to be getting more popular. so people spread out a little more almost every server now is full/medium another 5-10 servers would do the trick. and bring back the Free transfer if its not already still there i was going to change to the oceanic server when i logged on rather than stick with this 1 hour Que but the option isn't there maybe once my guy loads up i can do it.