Long Queue Times Figured Out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 tmooses

tmooses
  • Banned

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

http://youtu.be/IC9eznu1Xns

so I made a video showcasing how to skip queue times.  here is a embedded link here which is the same as the link above. Happing Wildstaring Cupcakes.

• ZombieTechnix and roberdgreg like this

#2 Lassiie

Lassiie
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Wow, if this is true, they are in some troubbllleeeeeeee....im currently waiting to log in right now...wow, game just came out and they are already *cupcake*ing us over...

#3 Cstain

Cstain
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Well I guess we all know next time this company releases something to make sure not to preorder or buy it right away since those who do not get priority for their servers. I currently have a 24 hour que for Widow. Ill hop on my guest pass and play for a bit I suppose. GG

• ZombieTechnix likes this

#4 tmooses

tmooses
  • Banned

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

so wildstangry

#5 Lassiie

Lassiie
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

It is very messed up....to care more about getting people who haven't payed for the game yet to play, then to care about those who have already payed....they are killing their non-standing reputation...

#6 roberdgreg

roberdgreg
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Industry best practices!

INB4 -your fault for picking pergo, your fault for not maining your guest account (lol), etcetc.

#7 Killance

Killance
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I haven't preordered and yet I get on everyday without a que on a full server. Sorry, but that theory has been dissolved.

#8 Lassiie

Lassiie
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

Going to keep bumping this thread, because I want a dev to respond, this is *cupcake*ing ridiculous....

#9 RikuKat

RikuKat
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

FYI, Carbine response to a similar thread:

https://forums.wilds...ts/#entry659962

Find yourself missing emotes? Want to /chuckle, /spit, /sorry and more? Check out Emotie!

Follow me on Twitter: @RikuKat

#10 Gizmonster

Gizmonster
  • Guests
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

I haven't preordered and yet I get on everyday without a que on a full server. Sorry, but that theory has been dissolved.

Wait... what? Aren't you proving it?

"You're traveling to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but also of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose bounderies are that of the imagination."

#11 tmooses

tmooses
  • Banned

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

how is it dissolved if for ten minutes i start and restart the game and do not lose queue position on one account and continuallly skip past a 2 hour queue on another account ?

#12 huggable_baneling

huggable_baneling
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hi Lorelai,

I just sent this over to our Network Engineering team as by design, guests are not prioritized over subscribing players.

They are actively investigating this issue and we hope to have an update for you soon. 

Cheers

yup, this is not working as intended, if this is the case.

havent watched the video, are you sure that youre logging into the same realm, on both accounts?

#13 Killance

Killance
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Wait... what? Aren't you proving it?

I'm a paying player, not a guest. Also, quote from a dev from another thread.

Hi Lorelai,

I just sent this over to our Network Engineering team as by design, guests are not prioritized over subscribing players.

They are actively investigating this issue and we hope to have an update for you soon. 

#14 tmooses

tmooses
  • Banned

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

yeah and i restarted my router TOO!@!!!!!

#15 Lassiie

Lassiie
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

So they are saying it isn't by design....I mean, come on....something that is conveniently designed to prioritize those who haven't payed them money, in hopes that they decide to buy the game...I call bullshit on that...

#16 Killance

Killance
  • Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

So they are saying it isn't by design....I mean, come on....something that is conveniently designed to prioritize those who haven't payed them money, in hopes that they decide to buy the game...I call bullshit on that...

Don't start conspiracy theory's. You already got a response from a dev in a similar thread.

https://forums.wilds...ts/#entry659962

"Hi Lorelai,

They are actively investigating this issue and we hope to have an update for you soon. "

• Kataryna likes this

#17 tmooses

tmooses
  • Banned

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

if you look at the video you see it temporarily delay on the queue time on the guest account and clearly get pushed right on through. I agree with Lassiie. Somebody better pull the paying people of this game out of the well fast !

#18 SniperCT

SniperCT
  • Members
  • LocationSin City, NV

Are people really so paranoid as to think a company just starting out would actually pull a stunt like that on purpose? SOE I could see doing that. EA for sure. But I really doubt that's intended by Carbine.
  • Kataryna likes this

#19 Lorelai

Lorelai
  • Guests
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

It'll cause a lot more trouble when the people who buy the game, after experiencing no queue times for 7 days, realize that they normally have to wait to play (depending on server of course). Unless of course, they are expecting queue times to be shorter in another week. 

#20 Neumonics

Neumonics
  • Members
  • LocationOlney, MD

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

I often chuckel at this, why is it never a 'bug' when it helps them, but then when theres a memory leak its a a bug, that should have gotten fixed. Its weird how people think that a crack team of designers made a system designed just to keep people who dont even play the game playing. While in the next thread complaign about how they cant fix a memory leak, or how they have never played an mmo, or cant optimize properly.