Photo

Free Realm Transfers

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#1 Raijinn

Raijinn
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hey everyone, as you can imagine we’ve been seeing calls for Free RealmTransfers on the forums, reddit on the live-stream. We’ve been working hard to make sure we take a measured approach to this delicate process.  So in an effort to bring relief to some of our most populated Realms, we are offering free Realm Transfers off of these Realms and onto some of the lesser populated Realms. Once the server maintenance is complete on June 3rd, 12:00AM PDT, you will have the option to transfer your characters from the following Realms:

NA
  • Pergo to Rowsdower
  • Pago to Rowsdower
  • Widow to Rowsdower
  • Stormtalon to Mikros
  • Caretaker to Orias

EU
  • Hazak to Contagion
  • Hazak to Gaius
  • Hazak to Deadstar
  • Progenitor to Deadstar
  • Treespeaker to Gaius
  • Ascendancy to Archon

Please be aware, there will likely be a rush for Realm transfers when we first open up the service. The transfer process can take time. In some cases it may take up to 24 hours depending on the volume of transactions. 

Additional Information:
Upon the event that we need to remove one of the destination Realms from the free transfer service, we will give the community 48 hour notice before removing a destination Realm from the list of Free Transfers.
When new Realms open post launch, we will message if this Realm is a transfer target or not. If the new Realm is not, then the “race to 50” will be preserved on that Realm for at least 2-4 weeks, and transfers will be prevented for that time.

The Realm transfer can only be enacted from the character select screen, so you will have to wait in a queue to enact the transfer if there is one on the source Realm.
  • You can move any number of characters you want as many times as you want, but each character can only be moved once every 22 hours.
  • You cannot have pending mail, auctions, commodity orders, or CREDD orders
  • You cannot be a member of a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or a Guild
  • You cannot be in a circle, Arena Team, Warparty, or Guild leader

A note on Rowsdower - In the event that Rowsdower becomes overloaded, we are prepared to open new PvP Realms that Rowsdower players would be able to transfer to.

Edited by Cougar, 02 June 2014 - 09:13 PM.
Added Ascendancy to Archon

Twitter: @Raijinn

#2 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Thank you, the devs are surely listening  :wub:

#3 Succubus

Succubus
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

When will overcrowded non-PVP servers have this option? Looking at you Stormtalon and Caretaker.

EDIT: Dev post was updated after I posted this.

Evil LLC [NA] [Caretaker] [Dominion Guild]

Where every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday.

Housing with Succubus Comic Series

#4 Belzebu

Belzebu
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

No more queue :3

#5 WolfpackCasey

WolfpackCasey
  • Members
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

When will overcrowded non-PVP servers have this option? Looking at you Stormtalon and Caretaker.

EDIT: Dev post was updated after I posted this.

ummmmmm.....

Stormtalon to Mikros

Caretaker to Orias

They do.

Exile:   Dominion: 

Alea Iacta Est gaming community

#6 NightmareSystem

NightmareSystem
  • Members
  • LocationIn The Cryostasis Chambers

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Carbine you are the best

NIghtmareSystem 

"Because the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf in the pack"

#7 QQanQQ

QQanQQ
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

FOR REAL THIS IS YOUR LAME SOLUTION?

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS MOBILITY BETWEEN SERVERS WITH TOONS SHEESH HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THIS!!

:angry:

#8 theph

theph
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

A note on Rowsdower - In the event that Rowsdower becomes overloaded, we are prepared to open new PvP Realms that Rowsdower players would be able to transfer to.

Just out of curiosity, will this also apply to the other two current NA-PVP realms that haven't been mentioned (Warbringer and Bloodsworn)? What if those two become crowded during launch, will they get free transfers to newly opened realms as well?

#9 RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

I like that you are doing something, but will this really help that much with queue times ?

#10 Yusia

Yusia
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

My body is ready.

#11 Cougar

Cougar

Director of Operations

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Just out of curiosity, will this also apply to the other two current NA-PVP realms that haven't been mentioned (Warbringer and Bloodsworn)? What if those two become crowded during launch, will they get free transfers to newly opened realms as well?

This now becomes a tool in our toolbox to use as needed in the future.

#teamCrowbar

<-- Ops Guy

~C~

#12 netwar

netwar
  • Members
  • LocationMontréal, Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Mikros is already High on prime time :-/

But I salute the decision for those who are waiting hours just to get in. Hopefully this won't bring queues on my server. ;)

#13 Dez88

Dez88
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

I do want to point out that during prime time hours, the Orias and sometimes Mikros server hit high status already. Transferring to them with new characters being made at launch may only cause these both to become full. Maybe it would be better to make just one more PVE server and have Caretaker and Stormtalon transfer to there? I'm just worried of a constant jumping effect with players servers becoming full after transfer, and then all the players that started on that server wanting to move and just causing even more confusion.

#14 Lori

Lori
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Damn, you guys implemented this fast. That's impressive.

#15 Swarmhammer

Swarmhammer
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Make sure that Orias stays enterable. I play on that server because it was medium populated, now it is on high flag. I hope it won,t become full, I am having a great time never had any queue on this server. We'll see on June 3rd

[EDIT] I am with dez88 on this one. Should probably consider opening another PvE server to accept the transfers. We are quite high already.

#16 Anoteros

Anoteros
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Devs are listening but still not labelling a pvp server Oceanic.

No thanks.

#17 Aurna

Aurna
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

What about EU-PVE Eko and Ascendancy? - there have been queues for several hours on both these servers every evening so far.

Many thanks for the update and for looking into it so quickly!

#18 w01fe

w01fe
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

i was told to keep the conversation pertaining to this to here, therefore i shall!

glad to have server transfers.

means the people who are unwilling to tough out pergo but dont want there characters lost to them can transfer out

leaving the rest of us with delicious pergo.../mmm

#19 Piriel

Piriel
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

What about EU-PVE Eko and Ascendancy? - there have been queues for several hours on both these servers every evening so far.

Many thanks for the update and for looking into it so quickly!

That ^

You seem to have forgotten the two full PvE servers...

#20 Atomicpanda

Atomicpanda
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Wish we could Like staff posts. 

Point five wingpower