Update Notes - Build 6714: 6/2/2014

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 Raijinn

Raijinn
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Build 6714

• Factional restrictions have been removed from the realm PvP rule-set. In essence, you may now create both Exile and Dominion characters on the same PvP-flagged realm!
  • Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause an “infinite loading screen” on particularly busy realms.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent a Boom Box from being claimed.
  • Anachrondax will no longer grant experience points when slain.
  • The Meteor Crater FABkit has had its level reduced to 8.
  • Fixed a bug with the “guest” realm queue.
  • Fixed a bug with the realm queue, which under rare conditions, could cause it to stop functioning.
  • Added video.framerateMax console variable which can be used to adjust the maximum allowed framerate.
  • Switched to using raw mouse data for relative mouse movement.  This will allow users with high-precision mice to look and turn much more accurately.
  • Fixed a performance problem which would have affected users using Windows 7 running in non-Fullscreen Exclusive mode.
  • Fixed a remaining UI bug where players who had purchased the game were being shown as a "guest" in realm queue.
  • Improved overall game performance and graphics optimization.

Twitter: @Raijinn

#2 Sikare

Sikare
  • Guests
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

WTF... that's a hell of a random change. Go go PVP Chua AND Granok on samsies servers <3

"Espers don't do damage, they make you THINK they do damage."<p>- A Genius

#3 Twisted_Raehne

Twisted_Raehne
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

It's to accommodate server transfers. They had said there was an issue setting it up for PVP servers because of the rule set so they're removing it to be able to put the server transfer stuff in faster.

#4 Sikare

Sikare
  • Guests
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

It's to accommodate server transfers. They had said there was an issue setting it up for PVP servers because of the rule set so they're removing it to be able to put the server transfer stuff in faster.

Well, I like it. I hate having to play on different servers just to check out the other faction.

"Espers don't do damage, they make you THINK they do damage."<p>- A Genius

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Director of Operations

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

These changes will go live AFTER the downtime tonight.

#teamCrowbar

<-- Ops Guy

~C~

#6 Figment

Figment
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Cougar, do we know when the server transfers will go live and what the rules are for them? I'm looking to go to a PvP server, where my friends are (rowsdower), but I am on  a PvP server. 

Will that be allowed?

#7 Digi29

Digi29
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Right after I cancel my pre order and bought another game =\

#8 christinaloha

christinaloha
  • Members
  • LocationKailua-Kona

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

PLEASE fix the disappearing name plates issue for those of us who have it! It makes the game very difficult to play!

#9 SpeedYz

SpeedYz
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

4000 in the queue.. 16 hour wait... NICE!

http://www.ethixgaming.com/

ts.ethixgaming.com

Exile - Pergo (PvP) - PVE & PVP

#10 Succubus

Succubus
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Any notice on whether further server instances will be added, or simply more realms to accommodate the upcoming additional population from launch?

Evil LLC [NA] [Caretaker] [Dominion Guild]

Where every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday.

Housing with Succubus Comic Series

#11 Shaggy Fortune

Shaggy Fortune
  • Guests
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

PLEASE fix the disappearing name plates issue for those of us who have it! It makes the game very difficult to play!

2 ways I know to potentially fix this..

Load the game in DX9 (theres a guid google it)

Also I hear the addon PersistantNamePlates is helping.  Biji Plates is buggy and i hear it has memory leaks... id avoid it till its fixed up.

Join Tribe Gaming today!

We are not just another guild, we are your gaming community home.

#12 Iapeto

Iapeto
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Advanced Riding Skill fix/refunds in the near future?

#13 El_Guapo

El_Guapo
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Improved overall game performance and graphics optimization.

Yes, please.

#14 deva998

deva998
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

question, i never recieved my boom boxes.... is that a problem?

#15 NeoTron

NeoTron
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Switched to using raw mouse data for relative mouse movement.  This will allow users with high-precision mice to look and turn much more accurately.

I'm not sure if this is the change that's causing it but I can barely play the game now due to crazy mouse movements. http://youtu.be/sldAr8s7s1M?t=30s shows how it is to play right now - I am walking and all of a sudden have turned around more than a full circle. It's horrible. :(

Edit: just saw that this isn't live yet. What happened with my mouse since yesterday!?

#16 Cougar

Cougar

Director of Operations

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

question, i never recieved my boom boxes.... is that a problem?

Submit a ticket and we'll look into it.

#teamCrowbar

<-- Ops Guy

~C~

#17 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Right after I cancel my pre order and bought another game =\

Impatient. =\

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#18 Woodspring

Woodspring
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

This was also driving me crazy, but I found THE fix for it - stop playing in Full Screen mode. Play in borderless windowed mode. Just like fullscreen but I've had ZERO problems with nameplates since then. Just a suggestion (that I found somewhere else). 

#19 magnus the stalker

magnus the stalker
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

i hope this fixes the memory leak issue and i will continue to complain about it till its fixed carbine i want to enjoy your game but its getting ridiculous that everytime i play the game crashes  

#20 meUgu

meUgu
  • Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Carbine, much aprecciation for all the efforts on those updates, but stil, we claim you guys:

FREE REALM TRANSFER PLEASE!

Thats about it.

:)