• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 t209

t209
  • Members
  • LocationRangoon

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

http://tvtropes.org/...eoGame/Wildstar

So I am feeling that this trope should need some updates, especially those who have membership in TV Tropes pages.

For Dominion character pages

- Pragmatic Villainy (well, they are sorta willing to do some positive things if it fits in with their ambitions)

- Fantastic Caste System (Lowborn and Highborn)

- Deadly Decadent Court (Luminai areas)

- Hidden Depths

- Even Evil Have Standards (While they look down on Lowborns, they viewed Vandarin's slaughter of Lowborns with disgust)

For Exiles character pages

- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds (especially Avra Darkos)

- description on Kara and Kriton

- We Are Struggling Together (Sandthorne-Aurin split)

#2 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

I'm debating the "Deadly Decadent Court" with the Luminai areas. I've yet to see anything outstandingly corrupt. The Highborn, ignorant or greedy as they are, seem to like keeping a functioning administration.

I wouldn't say "Hidden Depths" counts as this is purely from a promotional material point. The Dominion is not shy to show you they are compassionate, just pretty ruthless about their punishments and maintaining order.

"Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds" is going a bit too far. Avra Darkos has no supernatural powers, no key to an omni-plasmic cannon, and just uses her own cold, calculating wits to slowly bring down the Dominion with subterfuge and intrigue. She's more of a "Broken Bird."

Sergeant Kara has been added. Don't have enough of a reference for Commander Kriton, nor does he play much of a role outside of Galeras and Siege of Tempest Refuge.

"We Are Struggling Together" is incorrect. This assumes they are working towards a common goal but are defeated by their own in-fighting, which they are not. The Sandthorne Manifesto explicitly states that they have seceded from the Exiles, and their goal is to return to Arboria, not colonize Nexus.   

• Xostro and t209 like this

#3 t209

t209
  • Members
  • LocationRangoon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

So

What about Caligula (Insane and screwed up emperors) for Luminais?

Who would fit in with A Father to His Men, other than Toric?

#4 Adormus

Adormus
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

I'd argue "Planet of Hats" has to be reworked. Aurin are not the geniuses of the Exiles. That'd be the Mordesh.

#5 CriticalQuit

CriticalQuit
  • Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

I'd argue "Planet of Hats" has to be reworked. Aurin are not the geniuses of the Exiles. That'd be the Mordesh.

They are all nature-loving psions, at least. And while they certainly can't match the scientific level of the Mordesh, they've rapidly adjusted to the current technology level enough to almost reach it.

#6 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

So

What about Caligula (Insane and screwed up emperors) for Luminais?

Who would fit in with A Father to His Men, other than Toric?

That's only for Vorios the False, Myrcalus's predecessor; you can't attribute that to all of the Luminai as we've yet to see any other mad emperors.

#7 t209

t209
  • Members
  • LocationRangoon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

That's only for Vorios the False, Myrcalus's predecessor; you can't attribute that to all of the Luminai as we've yet to see any other mad emperors.

Then there's Tyrani the Mad and Jarec created the well know caste system

Spoiler

If it wasn't for these emperors, Dominion could be more benevolent but the game would be more like the Culture.

Spoiler from Eldan records on creation of Dominion and along with true nature.

Spoiler

#8 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Then there's Tyrani the Mad and Jarec created the well know caste system

Spoiler

If it wasn't for these emperors, Dominion could be more benevolent but the game would be more like the Culture.

Spoiler from Eldan records on creation of Dominion and along with true nature.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 t209

t209
  • Members
  • LocationRangoon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

Spoiler

I meant the one about

Spoiler

#10 t209

t209
  • Members
  • LocationRangoon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

And to the Neutral parties addition.

Hostile: Ikthians

- Always Chaotic Evil

- A Nazi by Other Name (well, they believe in racial superiority and conduct experiments like a certain German doctor)

- The Empire: but more evil than Dominion

Dark Spur Cartel

- The Syndicate

- Equal Opportunity Evil (Chuas, Exiles, and sometimes Cassians as gang members)

- Fantastic Drugs: Slush Brew

Marauders

- Evil Counterpart: of exiles

- Space Pirates

#11 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

I meant the one about

Spoiler

Spoiler

And to the Neutral parties addition.

Hostile: Ikthians

- Always Chaotic Evil

- A Nazi by Other Name (well, they believe in racial superiority and conduct experiments like a certain German doctor)

- The Empire: but more evil than Dominion

Dark Spur Cartel

- The Syndicate

- Equal Opportunity Evil (Chuas, Exiles, and sometimes Cassians as gang members)

- Fantastic Drugs: Slush Brew

Marauders

- Evil Counterpart: of exiles

- Space Pirates

Debating Always Chaotic Evil for Ikthians. They don't murder and conquer just for fun or because they feel like it, they are upholding a strict code of supremacy and wish to enforce their rules. Lawful Evil instead?

#12 t209

t209
  • Members
  • LocationRangoon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Spoiler

Maybe I mixed it up with something.

Let's move on,

Protostar

- Corrupt Coporate Executive

- Planet of the Hats (deconstructed since entire race's inherent distrust marked the beginning of Horatio-esque society, aka clones of a single person)

Lopp

- Pint Sized Powerhouse

Ekose

- Proud Merchant Race

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tvtropes, wildstar, trope, tv, update