WildStar's Colorblind Features

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Tim Hume

Tim Hume
  • Guests
  • LocationCarbine Studios

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

We are finishing up the work to let you pick your own telegraph colors.  I don't know when this will get pushed out to you all, but the change is coming.

#82 Tepetkhet

Tepetkhet
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

Great news, Tim!  Thanks a lot.  I'll be watching for the changes and will have to see if I can get my SO to start logging in again once that happens.  

He kinda stopped playing in frustration.   -_-

-T.

• War Siren likes this

#83 HinataNata

HinataNata
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

I'm not colorblind in any way but I figured I'd mention this here, especially in case it isn't being accounted for with the incoming telegraph custom color option.

During the phagetech prototypes fight in GA, that piece of the fight where you have a colored circle under your feet that you have to match to a colored circle on the other side of the room seems significantly difficult for some colorblind raid members, to the point that some people have to ask another party member to point them to the right one, even when they have wildstar's various colorblind options turned on.

This is problematic in raid since the time taken to point someone else to their circle, or for them to wait until the other people to run before going to the open one, greatly increases chances for deaths or even wipes. And it sucks because there's nothing they can change about what they're doing to do better.

• ep696 likes this

Hina

:: Entity :: Dominion :: Spellslinger :: Healer ::

#84 ep696

ep696
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

I just returned to Wildstar, and I just have to say - the new options for us colorblind gimps are amazing. Thx so much! The red on all the lush green grass was so frustrating earlier.

However, HinataNata (poster above me) points to an issue that seems severe. Since I am still working my way to 50, and mostly solo, I have not seen any group/raid-encounter like the one he is describing. You, Carbine, seem willing to cater to our handicap, so please dont make encounters relying on several different colors for buffs/debuffs/auras/graphs and whatnot ... at least when there is no reliable way for colorblinds to deal with it thru UI options.