Hello! A lot of you don't know me, but I'm the engineer responsible for Housing. We've seen some unbelievably awesome houses come out of Beta, and with the end of Open Beta closing in the threat of character wipe is looming large. I felt it would be a terrible shame to lose all that wonderful work that you all have spent so much time on. From reading the forums here, and other around the internet a lot of you have been asking for a way to save your decor so you can load it up later when the game goes live.
I couldn't do it in any official way, so I decided to spend my (extremely limited) free time putting together an addon that will let you save all your hard work!
It's available now on Curse. http://wildstar.curs...decorsetmanager
- Invoke the HousingDecorSetManager Addon by typing /DecorSetMgr or /dsm into the chat window.
- Save your currently decorated house as a Decor Set.
- Load a saved decor set and place the decor back to it's saved location with the same position, rotation, and scale values.
- Place decor one by one, or use the "Place All" button to place everything.
- Decor can be place directly from the player's crate, or purchased from the housing vendor.
- Decor that you don't own and can't be purchased from the vendor will be displayed so you can go hunt it down again!
- Share your Decor Sets with other players!
- Import Decor Sets.
Disclaimer: This was done entirely on my own free time. I didn't use any developer resources. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CARBINE ADDON! (please don't get mad at me legal department...)
I'll be updating the addon with more features as time goes on, but I felt it important to get this out there as soon as possible so enough people can see it and save their houses before Open Beta ends!