HousingDecorSetManager Addon for saving decor

housing

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Lamenth

CRB_Lamenth
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hello! A lot of you don't know me, but I'm the engineer responsible for Housing. We've seen some unbelievably awesome houses come out of Beta, and with the end of Open Beta closing in the threat of character wipe is looming large. I felt it would be a terrible shame to lose all that wonderful work that you all have spent so much time on. From reading the forums here, and other around the internet a lot of you have been asking for a way to save your decor so you can load it up later when the game goes live.

I couldn't do it in any official way, so I decided to spend my (extremely limited) free time putting together an addon that will let you save all your hard work!

It's available now on Curse. http://wildstar.curs...decorsetmanager

Features:

• Invoke the HousingDecorSetManager Addon by typing /DecorSetMgr or /dsm into the chat window.
  • Save your currently decorated house as a Decor Set.
  • Load a saved decor set and place the decor back to it's saved location with the same position, rotation, and scale values.
  • Place decor one by one, or use the "Place All" button to place everything.
  • Decor can be place directly from the player's crate, or purchased from the housing vendor.
  • Decor that you don't own and can't be purchased from the vendor will be displayed so you can go hunt it down again!
  • Share your Decor Sets with other players!
  • Import Decor Sets.

Disclaimer: This was done entirely on my own free time. I didn't use any developer resources. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CARBINE ADDON! (please don't get mad at me legal department...)

I'll be updating the addon with more features as time goes on, but I felt it important to get this out there as soon as possible so enough people can see it and save their houses before Open Beta ends!

#2 Larken

Larken
  • Guests
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

This is super cool, thank you!

#3 Flufficalico

Flufficalico
  • Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

Seems to have issues.  I logged onto my alt and when it places stuff it does not place things in the right spot.

I would really like to have this work if you can get it to.

It did however make an accurate list of items and their costs.

#4 Nimiar

Nimiar
  • Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Awesome!

#5 Aenra

Aenra
  • Guests
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

That is very thoughtful of you!!!

Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain

#6 Greatheart

Greatheart
  • Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Woot! Can't wait to try this out. Once its on Curse for download via their client I'll give it a whirl.

#7 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for taking the time to make this, Lamenth. :)

Look forward to seeing future features.

#8 Southern

Southern
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Thank you Lementh.. I'll definitely be taking a look at this, if for nothing else than to "back up" my house once I build it on Live. :)

#9 Lindelea

Lindelea
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

Thank you for this, Lamenth!

This sounds really cool and will make a lot of people happy.

[codex] Exile: Lindely (Esper/Settler)  <Codex Website> - Apply now!

#10 Deioth

Deioth
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Lamenth, you are indeed awesome!

I haven't tested it out yet (but assuming it works), you have saved the community countless hours! Thank you very much for putting your own time into this (^_^)

Cheers,

Deioth

[codex]: Deioth (Stalker/Spellslinger) <Codex Thread>  <Website>  <Apply>

#11 Los Re

Los Re
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

Oh crap i destroyed my treehouse 2 days before :(

#12 Spitbag

Spitbag
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

I'm the engineer responsible for Housing.

Good job on that! Now give me a function to directly link objects instead of waiting for a user to click :P (please)

Awesome addon! Glad you released it :)

Visit any specific public house with The Visitor

Moving Mazes & Disco's : HAK (House Animation Kit)

Additional features for HousingDecorSetManager : BobTheBuilder

#13 Bron84

Bron84
  • Members
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY, USA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

Great add on, but might be a good idea to link to the curse page that has the install/download links and not the Forge page. :) 

#14 Tawnie

Tawnie
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Thank you so much, for both the fantastic Housing system and this addon! I'm so glad that all the wonderful things folks have made on their housing plots won't have to be lost, and being able to share cool stuff we've built is a great idea. You rock! :D

#15 Stumbleina

Stumbleina
  • Guests
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

This is fantastic but I don't know how to install it - I couldn't see any obvious addon folder in my Wildstar folder.  Can you give us instructions on how to install without being able to use the Curse program?

#16 Hazaak

Hazaak
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

This is fantastic but I don't know how to install it - I couldn't see any obvious addon folder in my Wildstar folder.  Can you give us instructions on how to install without being able to use the Curse program?

In Windows, go to your start menu and Search for %appdata% and select the 'Roaming' folder that comes up.

Once in Roaming, navigate to -> NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons and copy/paste the addon folder inside of the zip file to this location.

Or download MissionControl (available here: https://forums.wilds...missioncontrol/) and just drag and drop your zip file you downloaded from Curse and MissionControl will "install" it for you!

• Stumbleina likes this

Hazaak | Draken Stalker | Dominion

<Lethal Intent> | Stormtalon-NA 

We're recruiting!

#17 CRB_Lamenth

CRB_Lamenth
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Thanks everyone. Glad you all like it :P

Great add on, but might be a good idea to link to the curse page that has the install/download links and not the Forge page. :)

I'm working with Curse right now to figure out why it wasn't automatically added to Curse.com. Once it's available I'll update the link to point to Curse.com

#18 Stormie

Stormie
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Yay I can finally say Thank You! Your OP link wouldn't come up for the longest time yesterday.

You guys rock!

• Tawnie likes this

Potential Intensity | EST | PvX | Exile

Twitter: @Stormie_Gail

#19 Bron84

Bron84
  • Members
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY, USA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

Actually it was added. If we click View on Curse.com on the right it goes to your add on Curse page. :)

#20 Ashentongue

Ashentongue
  • Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Holy cow, you made this on your free time? I'm so happy for everybody who can save their decor for this for launch, I've seen some incredible houses in beta and it's great to know that it'll be easier for people to continue their projects once the game goes live. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: housing