• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

POPULAR

Note: Since attachments are no longer supported on the forums, the download can be found here. The usefulness of Mission Control is perhaps debatable, now that CurseForge is handling addons officially, but enough people are used to it that it's worth having back up.

So, while I was stuck offline in transit and stuff for the holiday, this is what I came up with!

MissionControl is a basic little tool provided by the NASA project which should make it easier to install addons.  In order to install an addon, just run MissionControl and then drag one of the zipfiles from the beta forum onto the window.  If you are running WildStar at the time, you'll need to reload UI for the addon to appear.  To remove an addon, click on the name of the addon in MissionControl's window and then click 'Remove' and confirm that you do mean to remove it.

This isn't a particularly pretty program, and I will warn that it is not necessarily as heavily tested as it might be, but for a 0.10a version it should be sufficient.  Down the road, MissionControl will probably also pull a little XML 'catalog' of known addons and use the 'Info' button to open the thread for any known addon.  Feedback is welcomed! :)

Just put MissionControl.exe (in this zipfile) wherever you find useful, and then run it when you need.  

Note that, since I did not bother to pick up a developer certificate from Microsoft yet, Windows will warn you this is from an unknown publisher.  ALSO note that since it's just an unsigned executable, Chrome's going to be mildly unhappy about downloading it.  I'm going to go pick up a signing certificate a little later and make a signed build for the next version, to get around that. :)

(Oh, and thanks to Bitwise for posting that picture of the Houston bunny in the space helmet, which I grabbed as the icon for MissionControl for now.)

Source code for MissionControl is available in the beta GIT repository, in the 'MissionControl.git' project.

CHANGELOG

• 0.13a
    • Add an error message if, for some reason, MissionControl can neither find nor create the addons directory on installation.
  • 0.12a
    • Now properly deletes addons. Oops.
    • New icon, of the NASA Derpbunny. SHIIINY.
  • 0.11a
    • Because Microsoft hates me, I've rebuilt with MFC statically linked.
  • 0.10a
    • Initial cut.
    • Can install an addon, or remove an addon.
    • Not as well-tested as I would like.
    • Uploaded a second version that contains mfc110u.dll

• Malisent, Cali, Agam720 and 40 others like this

a.k.a. Paksara "Pax" Phillips (Exile Spellslinger/Explorer)

Member of the Nexus Addon Standards Association

#2 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yeah, I'm getting the error with the missing mfc110u.dll. Would love to use this application.

This might work for you: http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?mfc110u

Haven't tested it myself, as in I don't want to reboot at this time. Will update when I know it works.

Update: Doesn't seem to work for me. Now I'm waiting patiently for PacketDancer to update this tool! :-)

#3 Rufk

Rufk
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I'm getting the error with the missing mfc110u.dll. Would love to use this application.

This might work for you: http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?mfc110u

Haven't tested it myself, as in I don't want to reboot at this time. Will update when I know it works.

Same problem here. I tried installing addons by creating the folder before but they don't appear in game. Any ideas?

Edited by dburelax, 05 July 2013 - 04:48 PM.

• SaintRock likes this

#4 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

I've uploaded a new .zip that contains mfc110u.dll as well.  Hopefully that works for folks!

Note that MissionControl takes care of creating the Addons folder if it doesn't exist.  Any addons that are installed properly should show up in the MissionControl window when you run it; otherwise, just drop a zipfile from the forums right on the window and it should say something like "Installed Radar by Packetdancer" or "Installed SpellslingerResourceBuddy by Viper" or whatever, and then they will appear in the list. :)

• BlackWolf likes this

#5 Rufk

Rufk
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

I've uploaded a new .zip that contains mfc110u.dll as well.  Hopefully that works for folks!

Note that MissionControl takes care of creating the Addons folder if it doesn't exist.  Any addons that are installed properly should show up in the MissionControl window when you run it; otherwise, just drop a zipfile from the forums right on the window and it should say something like "Installed Radar by Packetdancer" or "Installed SpellslingerResourceBuddy by Viper" or whatever, and then they will appear in the list. :)

Didn't do the trick for me. I already had it on my system folder :/

#6 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Those who are having problems, are you on Windows 7 or 8?

I don't have a Windows 8 setup at the moment anymore, I wiped that drive.  It works fine on both of the Windows 7 machines I have, so I want to check if the issue is one I'll need to reinstall Windows 8 to test. :P

#7 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

There.  I've made a 0.11a that's statically linked instead.  *grumble*

#8 Rufk

Rufk
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

There.  I've made a 0.11a that's statically linked instead.  *grumble*

Thank you based god

#9 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thank you based god

Glad that worked for you.  BlackWolf, anyone else who was having trouble, does the statically linked version work properly for you?

#10 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

I can happily confirm the update works! Ty, PacketDancer, you're the best!

Although I have no idea how to add an addon.

#11 Rufk

Rufk
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

I can happily confirm the update works! Ty, PacketDancer, you're the best!

Although I have no idea how to add an addon.

You drop the zip file in the box!

• BlackWolf likes this

#12 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I'm considering adding an 'Add...' button to the next build.  I'm also considering adding a 'Catalog', an XML file of all the addons in beta, which would be pulled from somewhere to give you an 'Info' button for each installed addon it knew about, which would take you to that addon's thread.

(I think I may also just request a 'homepage' URL in the addon toc file, going forward.  It'd be easy to add, and useful for things like this.  Especially since then someone could easily track down 'wait, where did I get this addon and what does it do again?')

• Feliun likes this

#13 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

Seems I'm not able to delete any addons with this tool. It gives me a warning: "Do you really want to delete 'x' from your addons?", but after confirming this, the addon is still in the list. Checking the addon folder manually, the addon is still there. Manually deleting the addon and restarting MC does the trick, but that can't be the purpose I think. ;-)

#14 Packetdancer

Packetdancer
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Seems I'm not able to delete any addons with this tool. It gives me a warning: "Do you really want to delete 'x' from your addons?", but after confirming this, the addon is still in the list. Checking the addon folder manually, the addon is still there. Manually deleting the addon and restarting MC does the trick, but that can't be the purpose I think. ;-)

Hrm. Nope, that's not by design.  

When I'm not laid out on the couch with a fever, I'll go lurch back to the desktop and open DevStudio to take a look at why that is.  There's a 1.1 I have planned anyway once I get the okay from Carbine on whether or not I can have a catalog of addons (to check for updates and so on), and I'll try to find and squish that.  It *did* delete for me in initial testing, but I hadn't tested that button in a while.  Because I NEVER REMOVE ADDONS.  

*Install ALL the things!*

#15 BlackWolf

BlackWolf
  • Guests
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, i know you're very busy and now sick as well! :( Take your time to get better, looking forward to the next update on this tool. :)

#16 SilasSedgewick

SilasSedgewick
  • Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Awesome! Installed Mission Control and RocketPig with no worries. Plugged in my mini profile stuff, too. Super, super easy, even for someone as derpy as me who can manage to screw up a very simple task. >_>;;

Probably shouldn't admit to that, should I?

Oops.

#17 profilol

profilol
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

how can we remmooved installed add on, a temp file? or other?  

i want to remoove mission control

#18 Daorven

Daorven
  • Members
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hi,

To remove a Addon you do just delete the Addon Named drawer in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\addonnameddrawer

Mission Control is a standalone .exe no setup to desinstall juste remove it.

If you are not familiar with Addon and how to install, you do not remove Mission Control, just use it.works very well.

• Dende123 likes this

#19 profilol

profilol
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

thanks

#20 ruff1298

ruff1298
  • Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thanks, Packet, this made my first experience with add-ons a breeze!

• Packetdancer and Fauva like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nasa, addons, utility