Client Optimization

Fps optimization i5 gtx 770 770

• Please log in to reply
1942 replies to this topic

#1761 ToBbErT

ToBbErT
  • Members

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

This was the final blow for me. I was taking a break from the game and had the intention to return some day but i wil now uninstall wildstar.

#1762 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

Its a shame Carbine...

• PinkPanther likes this

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#1763 PinkPanther

PinkPanther
  • Members

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Its a shame Carbine...

^This

Edited by PinkPanther, 26 September 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#1764 Nibblin

Nibblin
  • Members

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

Well I am going to keep posting here so it doesn't fall into the abyss, or at least try to keep posting.

Legalize Chua/Lopp interracial marriage . . . NOW!

#1765 Morwynne

Morwynne
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that we unpinned this mostly to make room for some of the other, more recent items of interest -- not because this is something we were ignoring. We really dislike seeing the front page of General Discussion clogged with a bunch of stickies, because that can sometimes be a detriment to our finding and parsing discussions. Please don't think pinning or unpinning a thread has any real meaning surrounding how important we consider an issue to be.

That said, we've gone ahead and repinned this one. Carry on.

~Team WildStar

"The problem with troubleshooting is that real trouble shoots back!"

WildStar Community Code of Conduct | Find us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

#1766 spaceolympian196

spaceolympian196
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

One of the "technically" largest problems should not be remove from pinned post if it has no resolution. Simple as that. If someone would at least respond to this post with ANY update would be wonderful. But we have gone pages and pages with no updates. I currently do not have a sub because of this very issue. That and the atrocious price of dyes (another story). But it is completely unexcusable to have a game that I cannot run on my PC that is a brand new build. I won't go into specs as I've done that before. I cannot play a game where the frame rate goes from 10-15-25 up to 45-60 and back down again at completely unknown and random times. I can be in a BG and have smooth gameplay then I port back to Thayd and there I stand, literally stand, and turn and watch as my frame rate dips down into the single digits. And this applies to many locations in game, not just Thayd. There is some serious issues with how the game is rendered. I am not a programmer, but there is something wrong.

• Mamatereza likes this

#1767 Nibblin

Nibblin
  • Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

How about instead of re sticking the thread after everyone complained about it being unpinned from the forum we actually get some kind of response or update about the efforts to optimize this game (especially for AMD users).  I understand having this up there for sometime does not look good.  How about giving us some info so we can all work on this problem together.

• Mamatereza and PinkPanther like this

Legalize Chua/Lopp interracial marriage . . . NOW!

#1768 gino23

gino23
  • Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Seriously! It's been month's at least a response would be OK. Illium still lag's like a mofo. Game's especially MMO's shouldn't be this terribly optimized. This game isn't that good technically. 

• Mamatereza likes this

#1769 Zenarium

Zenarium
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

I sent a ticket asking for some feedback about optimization... After reading the answer I decided not to pay for more subscriptions.

What I sent "The issue is very simple. The community has been complaining about carbine not giving us an update about game's optimization. The population is decreasing because of that! Are you gonna say anything about that or just ignore us?"

And the answer "

Agent Lopp (WildStar Player Support)

Sep 27 16:06

Greetings, Citizen of Nexus!

Just writing back to let you know that we have received your ticket, and one of our agents will be getting back to you with an update shortly!

Because of the huge volume of tickets we’re seeing from everyone playing, wait times might be a little longer than usual. Hang in there! You should get a response from an agent within 24 hours.

In the meantime, feel free to check out our Technical Support knowledge base articles located here (you may need to login with your NC Account to view this section): http://support.wilds...chnical-Support

Cheers,
Agent Lopp
WildStar Support Team"

#1770 Legends303

Legends303
  • Members

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

No offense guys but you probably just need better graphic cards, not everything is the devs fault you need powerful computers to play mmos, you guys should have been prepared for this.

#1771 Mamatereza

Mamatereza
  • Members

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

No offense guys but you probably just need better graphic cards, not everything is the devs fault you need powerful computers to play mmos, you guys should have been prepared for this.

I was prepared. I have a mid spec pc and i can play in high settings all my other games. WoW, EvE, SWTOR, Rift, GW2, Firefall, D3, PoE are some of the games i m playing from time to time, all of them in high settings getting 40-50+ fps. Even in Archeage, which i don't like btw, i have more than 40-45 fps on ultra settings.

WS? 5-30 fps. One moment 5 fps the next one 30 and so on. This is just retarded.

As much as i love the game (at least what it could have been) that much i hate its optimization.

Exile Esper @ Jabbit

#1772 PinkPanther

PinkPanther
  • Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:01 AM

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

AMD Athlon II X2 260
8GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
500GB HDD
TR2 RX 850W powersupply
Asus M4N68T-M V2 motherboard

Running W* 5-15fps in citys, 20-50fps in housing, 15-30fps in pvp and zones, I also have a stuttering second long screen freezes every minute, disconnect constantly with internet remaining stable and have the game crash to a X window something about memory running the game on medium. I painfully read this entire thread and tried about all of it so I'm out of ideas.
WoW and LoL run fine in ultra(highest possible settings) Other games like SWTOR, GW2 and Skyrim on High just fine, flawless actually maybe only experiencing slight lag in WoW on a world boss with 40 people. 
I actually have been intending to make some light and cost efficient upgrades but I'm new at it, this being the first machine I built back in 2011. Built it blind too only lightly comparing and researching the parts and went on a whim.. Recommendations?

#1773 Zenarium

Zenarium
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

Please stop the "get a good pc" comments. By this time everyone  knows how bad optimized the game is and EVERYONE posted their specs (good and bad). I saw some A+++++++++ builds running W* at lower fps than me. 

#1774 Rhob

Rhob
  • Members
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:56 AM

Well, that's just BS tbh. Only if you had bothered reading couple pages in this thread...

#1775 Chillia

Chillia

Community Moderator

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:02 AM

No need for it to get personal please. Lets keep the replies constructive and on-topic. 

Thank you. 

- Team WildStar 

#1776 Raijinn

Raijinn
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Just got this update from our technical director and thought I would share it with you all!

"The Defile Drop has a number of performance improvements, including:

·         Reduction in the size of vertex and index buffers

·         Reduction in the size of our terrain data

o   This change not only reduces our install size by ~500 megs, it will help performance on memory starved machines.

·         Optimizations to ocean rendering

·         Optimization to some critical sections in the game

·         Better parallelization of update and draw calls

o   Up to a 15% improvement on some machines

·         Reduction in the amount of dynamic resources used per frame to work better with AMD GPU drivers.

Beyond the defile drop, we’re working on additional optimizations to Map/Unmapping buffers (which is much slower on AMD graphics cards), portrait rendering, and many more medium-to-long-term fixes." - SeanCraig

Twitter: @Raijinn

#1777 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

*Roar of the cheering crowd*

Very good to hear. Thank you!

In particular~

"·         Reduction in the amount of dynamic resources used per frame to work better with AMD GPU drivers."

Sounds very promising as I know my framerate plummets in areas with lots of smoke particle effects.

#1778 PinkPanther

PinkPanther
  • Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

Just got this update from our technical director and thought I would share it with you all!

"The Defile Drop has a number of performance improvements, including:

·         Reduction in the size of vertex and index buffers

·         Reduction in the size of our terrain data

o   This change not only reduces our install size by ~500 megs, it will help performance on memory starved machines.

·         Optimizations to ocean rendering

·         Optimization to some critical sections in the game

·         Better parallelization of update and draw calls

o   Up to a 15% improvement on some machines

·         Reduction in the amount of dynamic resources used per frame to work better with AMD GPU drivers.

Beyond the defile drop, we’re working on additional optimizations to Map/Unmapping buffers (which is much slower on AMD graphics cards), portrait rendering, and many more medium-to-long-term fixes." - SeanCraig

Good to know but not so much knowing the estimated time is over a month for some fixes that may or may not resolve my issues with the client. Excuse the entitlement but these issues shouldn't of been allowed to carry into my box purchase let alone 6 months (or more) afterward!

I know my CPU is a weaker link but why is it I can run AA on high setting pretty smoothly and not WildStar with its Saturday morning cartoon graphics? (downloaded AA just to compare this with a new game)

#1779 Jazzern

Jazzern
  • Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:38 AM

Good to know but not so much knowing the estimated time is over a month for some fixes that may or may not resolve my issues with the client. Excuse the entitlement but these issues shouldn't of been allowed to carry into my box purchase let alone 6 months (or more) afterward!

I know my CPU is a weaker link but why is it I can run AA on high setting pretty smoothly and not WildStar with its Saturday morning cartoon graphics? (downloaded AA just to compare this with a new game)

Not that I dont agree with you that graphics fixes are somewhat overdue but in general, AA should run better because the graphics arent as good as Wildstar. The graphics in AA are very dated and in fact, look worse than most games I've seen in the last 3+ years. The game is also older in its defense, it was just ported to NA recently. Thats actually one of the biggest complaints you will see about AA is that its graphics look so dated. In fact I've seen a lot of people compare it to PS2 graphics.

- YoutuberPodcasterStreamer

Community/Media Manager for WildstarDatacube.com

#1780 PinkPanther

PinkPanther
  • Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:52 AM

rant

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fps, optimization, i5, gtx 770, 770