Fps optimization i5 gtx 770 770

• Please log in to reply
1938 replies to this topic

#81 Glow

Glow
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

And already your "AMD sucks and Intel rocks" post is getting hammered down! :D

Again, misinformed community manager. What he said was a massive broad stroked comment that essentially says "doesn't matter what brand, age or price CPU that you bought, there's no difference". If you buy into that, you may as well whip out your Pentium 4 machine from 99 and call it a day.

The Nexus Archive - Latest news, guides and more!

Looking for writers! Please see: https://forums.wilds...ing-done-right/

#82 Inosaska

Inosaska
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

This one is the best:

Spoiler

Magic trick of 180ยบ camera movement

Spoiler

Wow that's weird.

Also I'm not paying $69.99 for a PC game because that's just ridiculous.

http://www.ebgames.c...th-bonus/318716

#83 challi

challi
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Somewhere in the reddit-AMA with Gaffney he mentions a red list of hardware. Anyone knows of some kind of listing which hardware (cpu or gpu) probably will never be able to produce decent fps?

I just want to know if I start saving money for a new pc and wait a couple of months to play wildstar.

Cause right now I have between 20-30 fps in most zones, which is playable but in whitevale my fps drops to 1-8fps, I die in the telegraphs all the time (AMD phenom IIx4 965, 8gb ram, geforce gtx560ti).

#84 Glow

Glow
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Wow that's weird.

Also I'm not paying $69.99 for a PC game because that's just ridiculous.

http://www.ebgames.c...th-bonus/318716

Nobody is forcing you to pay for the deluxe edition. Regular version is $59.99, just like every other AAA title. You can also use any of the stores selling it for 25% off and end up paying $45.

#85 Inosaska

Inosaska
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

Nobody is forcing you to pay for the deluxe edition. Regular version is $59.99, just like every other AAA title. You can also use any of the stores selling it for 25% off and end up paying $45.

That's the regular version for us Canadians and I don't even want to think about how much the deluxe edition is going to cost.

#86 Ihopistooli

Ihopistooli
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

Again, misinformed community manager. What he said was a massive broad stroked comment that essentially says "doesn't matter what brand, age or price CPU that you bought, there's no difference". If you buy into that, you may as well whip out your Pentium 4 machine from 99 and call it a day.

The point is, that people are getting bad fps with both, Intel and AMD...

#87 Glow

Glow
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

That's the regular version for us Canadians and I don't even want to think about how much the deluxe edition is going to cost.

Well, you can order from this site directly for $59.99 AFAIK, or order it from GMG as mentioned previously with a coupon. They serve Canadian customers as well.

#88 tessenX

tessenX
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

i5 2500k @4.8 and a 6970OC, 6Gb Ram here. The game runs at 15 fps even when there is nothing to render on screen: http://i.imgur.com/5Vnkqk2.png

All the way through my gaming session my CPU almost idles at 30-40% and the GPU sits at 78-80% and never actually clocked to full speeds. I edited and flashed the videobios to make my GPU go to max clock at 80% already, but did not get any fps gain.

Care You to tell us how is your Fps in other games ? Your fps just sounds unbeliveable low. With similar CPU and much worse GPU i have in places like this 120+ fps. Maybe OC ? Really dont know but belive me its not standard fps for wildstar.

Im far from beeing fanboi but that low fps has to have something with your config/rig.

And btw Guys : STAY ON TOPIC PLS

#89 Narcoleptic Turtle

Narcoleptic Turtle
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Optimization should definitely be a top priority at this point, nothing drives players away from a game post-launch than having these optimization issues as we've seen in so many games before. I've noticed small improvements recently, but there's still a long ways to go, especially when so many of us with newer, top tier rigs have so many performance issues. Hopefully there will be drivers released for our GPU's by launch that will help alleviate these issues a lot.

Lemonade.

#90 SeanCraig

SeanCraig
  • Banned

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

As many people have pointed out, for many users the game is CPU bound most of the time.  This is why for many of you, adjusting the options don't seem to help much; the options mostly affect GPU performance.  In order to solve this, we need get more of the game to run in parallel on more cores.  Unfortunately, this is a time consuming and fairly difficult task; code on one core has to be careful not to modify data in use on other cores.  Mistakes could result in an access violation and a crash; to make things worse, reproducing the crash is difficult because it depends on timing between the cores.  Writing multithreaded code isn't easy :)

But we are making progress - the next patch coming out has several more optimizations of this nature, as well as a fix for the target frames, which was causing some stuttering when moving around the world.  This patch should go live early next week. 

The main time when the frame rate is GPU bound is during large special effects right in front of the camera.  We're currently adding some options to limit the number of those particles - these will take a little longer but should make it in before launch.

I can't promise these two fixes are going to make the game run like butter on every pc out there, but I can promise incremental ongoing improvement up to and beyond launch.

Thank you,

Sean

#91 Hadley

Hadley
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Our optimization efforts will not stop with launch.

So that means, you can expect terrible Performance at Launch. 

I won't buy the Game because of this terrible Performance. I have a i5-4570, 8GB RAM and a GTX 770. I tried out pretty much every other MMO and it ran way way better. I can run BF4 Ultra on 60fps 95% of the time but this Game goes down to 20fps???

When I stand still and there is not much on the Screen I get around 55-70fps, but when some Action occurs it goes down fast to 20-25fps.

#92 f234r2gh

f234r2gh
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

Care You to tell us how is your Fps in other games ? Your fps just sounds unbeliveable low. With similar CPU and much worse GPU i have in places like this 120+ fps. Maybe OC ? Really dont know but belive me its not standard fps for wildstar.

Im far from beeing fanboi but that low fps has to have something with your config/rig.

And btw Guys : STAY ON TOPIC PLS

I never have any problems in other games incl. Crysis 3 (slightly below ultra), a heavily modified Skyrim, GW2 or other games, always max settings at 1080. I know you can't really compare one game to another, but it gives you an idea. I'm quite motion sensitive, that is i easily get headaches if a game does not run in the 50s+ to me, so i would have upgraded my PC times ago if there were any problems prior to Wildstar.

Wildstar peaks at 70 fps in caves, but drops to 20 and below outdoors and around outposts, 30-40 in Thyad. This is another screen i made, some may have seen it in the other thread: http://i.imgur.com/5EJOiB1.png There is little going on on the screen, about half of the scenery is fog.

I tried all the tips and tricks floating around, but in the end of the day, neither my CPU nor my GPU is really getting loaded/utilized by the game.

#93 Ser Menalak

Ser Menalak
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

Devs should honestly be ashamed of themselves. As I have known for a while, the game will NOT be optimized by launch, he just admitted it. To think I paid a ton of money for the deluxe edition yet I can't get a smooth 60fps with everything on low is quite frankly ludicrous. My computer is well above the recommended specs of the game as well.

#94 Hoppy

Hoppy
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Can we get a response to why is the game running at low fps when both GPU and CPU are below 50-60%?

I would understand if my CPU or GPU were bottlenecking my system but I can't find an explanation to what happens in Wildstar.

Please, something that might be causing this.

• WolfpackCasey, Quorthon89 and BetaTestW* like this

#95 ewiggy24

ewiggy24
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

If you are an old beta tester from UI 1.0, if you delete everything in this folder but the addon folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar

Your FPS will increase dramatically. 

• WolfpackCasey likes this

#96 Cotheer

Cotheer
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

As many people have pointed out, for many users the game is CPU bound most of the time.  This is why for many of you, adjusting the options don't seem to help much; the options mostly affect GPU performance.  In order to solve this, we need get more of the game to run in parallel on more cores.  Unfortunately, this is a time consuming and fairly difficult task; code on one core has to be careful not to modify data in use on other cores.  Mistakes could result in an access violation and a crash; to make things worse, reproducing the crash is difficult because it depends on timing between the cores.  Writing multithreaded code isn't easy :)

But we are making progress - the next patch coming out has several more optimizations of this nature, as well as a fix for the target frames, which was causing some stuttering when moving around the world.  This patch should go live early next week. 

The main time when the frame rate is GPU bound is during large special effects right in front of the camera.  We're currently adding some options to limit the number of those particles - these will take a little longer but should make it in before launch.

I can't promise these two fixes are going to make the game run like butter on every pc out there, but I can promise incremental ongoing improvement up to and beyond launch.

Thank you,

Sean

If the game is CPU bound most of the time (why is this even the case?) why aren't you focusing on taking that extra load CPU takes and move it to GPU , because from your post it seams to me that using full advantage of a GPU wasn't your priority.

Mind you, i have no insight in your development process, but writing multi-threaded code this late....

#97 BetaTestW*

BetaTestW*
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Thank you,

Sean

Pretty rough man. I like the game so far but the performance issue is a for sure no-buy. I am just one of many about 15 people in my guild all pretty much have the same issue. Ill look forward to a free trial a few months after launch.

Just fyi if it helps at all but I get 15-25 fps on ultra high but the game only uses 50% of my gpu and 20% of cpu so I dont know if the issue you speak of is quite all of it. I dont know much about programming but it seems the game is simply not using my computer. Other high graphical games when I run them on ultra high my GPU is atleast maxed usually. I even overclocked myself to 4.5 just to see if there was any difference and none at all. Overclocking the gpu did nothing also : / Very confusing to me . I am pretty sure if the game just used my computer my fps would be through the roof.

Cheers.

• Hoppy and Quorthon89 like this

#98 Kelnis

Kelnis
  • Guests
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Wonder when someone is going to repost this to reddit without context, resulting the same misinterpretation as the rest of you posters... shouldn't be long now.

• Livnthedream likes this

Kelnis - Level 50 Mechari Warrior

Deldrach - Cassian Esper

#99 TheElusiveFox

TheElusiveFox
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Pretty rough man. I like the game so far but the performance issue is a for sure no-buy. I am just one of many about 15 people in my guild all pretty much have the same issue. Ill look forward to a free trial a few months after launch.

Just fyi if it helps at all but I get 15-25 fps on ultra high but the game only uses 50% of my gpu and 20% of cpu so I dont know if the issue you speak of is quite all of it. I dont know much about programming but it seems the game is simply not using my computer. Other high graphical games when I run them on ultra high my GPU is atleast maxed usually. I even overclocked myself to 4.5 just to see if there was any difference and none at all. Overclocking the gpu did nothing also : / Very confusing to me . I am pretty sure if the game just used my computer my fps would be through the roof.

Cheers.

I actually tend to agree with your thought process as far as the game just not using the bulk of the cpu or gpu as the core of the issue - If they aren't offloading the right stuff to the gpu that is one thing but even the core the game is running on for my cpu doesn't appear to be running under a heavy load - it is as though there is something artificially limiting the game from taking all the cpu time it wants.

• Hoppy likes this

#100 Hadley

Hadley
  • Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

If you are an old beta tester from UI 1.0, if you delete everything in this folder but the addon folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar

Your FPS will increase dramatically. 

Nope. My Max-FPS went up a little, but still unplayable drops to <25fps

• raincharm likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fps, optimization, i5, gtx 770, 770