• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 Scooter

Scooter

Community Lead

• Guests
  • LocationPlanet Nexus

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

There's no easy way to say this, so let's just dive right in: This is my goodbye thread.

WildStar's been an opportunity I've never had before. It's the first time I've gotten to work on an original IP, not something that's owned or controlled by another company (like Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) and it's been amazing to have that freedom to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. With your support, we launched a massive livestream initiative, had a hugely successful beta, and forged some amazing relationships that will carry this game onwards forever. One of my main goals over the past couple months was to build up a solid Community team with a strong foundation, and I feel like we've hit that stride right now. Tony (aka Tha_Cheez, aka "The Packers Suck") and Sean (aka "The guy who runs @WildStar") are in a position now to catapult their way to launch with an awesome schedule of content that brings you guys further into our studio, and allows us to interact with you in more ways than ever.

There's no real "perfect" time to leave a team, especially with MMOs that have no real "end," but the truth is my personal life's taken a turn and I've made the impossibly difficult decision to leave Carbine. The guys will continue building up the community team, and will share some of their plans with you in the near future, and I have no doubt that you guys will see some amazing stuff as we get ready for launch and beyond.

Thank you all so much for sharing your excitement and love for WildStar with me over the last few years. It's been an amazing experience, and I can't wait to jump over to the other side and experience the launch of this game as a player. (I've already got a LAN party set up with my friends for headstart!)

I want to leave you with a story that's stuck with me my whole life, and hopefully will get you guys even more excited for the future of this game. When I was a kid, I was on the JV basketball team at my elementary school. We used to practice each afternoon outside on the court. One day, a team from our rival school showed up and tried to kick us off the court. That didn't sit so well with us, and I got into the first (and last) fight of my life. The police got involved, and when I finally made it home, my mom was scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."

See you on Nexus,

David

#2 Treylor

Treylor
  • Members
  • LocationMemphis Tennessee

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors

Treylor

Dominion Spellslinger

The Old Timers Guild

#3 Voison

Voison
  • Guests
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Thank you Scooter, for everything you did for Wildstar!
Best of luck in life. :)

Voison

Team Legacy | PvX | Exiles (Pago)
Quit Wildstar went back to FFXIV

#4 JarNod

JarNod
  • Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Gonna miss you! Thanks for all the fish!!

#5 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Peace, goodluck with your real life =)

#6 Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar
  • Members
  • LocationOCMD

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

POPULAR

darthvadernooo.jpg

Good luck in your future endeavors, buddy. Don't be a stranger!

Mahanaxar the Mohawked Mordesh Medic

Officer of <Darkhand> (Pago-PvP) - http://www.the-darkhand.com

Check out my WildStar Parody Song Videos, follow me @MahanaxStar, and/or subscribe to YouTube.com/MahanaxStar

#7 Blimington

Blimington
  • Members
  • LocationCanadurr

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Blood and Glory, Scooter!

BonQuiQUi - Granok Medic (Stormtalon Server)

#8 JacktheBlade

JacktheBlade
  • Members

Been following you since SWTOR. Best of luck sir!

#9 NerdEsq

NerdEsq
  • Members
  • LocationThe MON!

D:

I hope everything works out for you and you kick life in the balls.  ♥

ch_hugging.jpg

MrUniverse, Crisis Manager

<You Cant Stop The Signal>

Officer of 8 Bit Tavern - Exile - Pergo

#10 Atomics

Atomics
  • Guests
  • LocationEarth

Great meeting you at PAX, you are awesome. You'll be missed man! Good luck where ever the road takes you!

AegonTV

Twitch - http://twitch.tv/aegontv

Twitter - @AegonTV

#11 Mizpah

Mizpah
  • Members
  • LocationBirmingham UK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

See you around scoots! Glad I got to catch you on the other side of the pond... now to catch you in game...

Guild Leader of Enigma and Host on MMOBuff.TV & Friday nights wildstar show - #cosmotronic on twitch!  @Mizpah_Enigma

#12 Exanthem

Exanthem
  • Members
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

POPULAR

Worst Wildstar-Wednesday announcement ever but in all seriousness good luck in your future endeavors and hope the personal life stuff works out.

#13 Lethality

Lethality
  • Members
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

Many thanks for everything you've done for this community sir, it wouldn't (and won't) be the same without ya... !

Please fill Tony in on my unhealthy obsession with flying mounts and desire for native Mac clients.

- Bill

p.s. Hopefully JarNod didn't scare you off :)

Unhappy with this post? Ignore me here.

#14 Isgu

Isgu
  • Members
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for helping build an awesome community! Good luck in the future :)

Come to the dark side... we have Cookies!

www.malevolence-guild.com

#15 Masaki

Masaki
  • Members
  • LocationNo Matter Where You Go There You Are

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

I'm very new to the game but just coming to the forums and seeing your Scooter avatar makes me chuckle each time, I'll miss that.

Good luck to you :)

#16 Davechan

Davechan
  • Members
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Good luck with everything, wishing you all the best for the future.

#17 Stormie

Stormie
  • Members

Thank you so much for all you've done for Carbine and WildStar. We'll miss you! Wishing you all the best!

Potential Intensity | EST | PvX | Exile

Twitter: @Stormie_Gail

#18 Ebonleaf

Ebonleaf
  • Members

Sad to see you go, but best of luck!

#19 Southern

Southern
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Dang.. First Chris, now David? Is somebody putting stuff in the coffee over there?

Best of luck to you Scooter, and hope to see you in game. :)

#20 Livnthedream

Livnthedream
  • Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

So this means that the game is a failure right?