• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

Hey folks,

We're starting to see a lot of people asking about EU/NA accounts, due to the recent beta weekend email with the two keys. As there does seem to be a lot of confusion, and not everybody is aware of the issues/problems, here's my attempt at a breakdown to explain it all;

I got a beta weekend invite email with keys for NA and EU servers but there are no EU Servers/Realms what do I do?

Relax. Currently all beta weekends occur on NA realms (servers) and EU folk can access these just fine. What IS important is using the key that matches your NCSOFT Account region.

Why does it matter what region my account is?

Your NCSOFT Account will be tied to either North America or Europe (this is usually determined by the first beta code you applied after we announced pre-order). If you try to apply a code that is different to your account's region it won't work and you get the "Code Unusable" error detailed here: https://support.wild...Unusable-error-

One the EU realms are brought up, WildStar will be region locked. So EU accounts will only be able to access EU Realms. NA can only access NA realms and so on.

I get that Code Unusable error! What do I do?

You'll need to contact our Support Team so they can help you out. Check the link above for more info.

So what key should I use from my email then?

In theory, you should use the key that matches the region you want to play in. So if you are an EU player and want to play on EU realms at launch, use the EU key etc.

If you have already created an NCSOFT account using a previous beta weekend key (from a gaming site etc) then you could have two options;

1) Your account is already set to the region you want to play in (because you got a key from a site belonging to that region). In which case you can just apply the key you need and you should be good to go.

2) Your account is set to a different region than the one you want (because you used a key from a site belonging to the other region). In which case you will need to either create a new account and use a key from the right region (easiest option) OR contact support regarding the code unusable error described above.

So just to be clear, even if I use an EU code I can still play this weekend right?

That's right. You'll be able to play, but you will be on the NA Realms so you may experience some latency/lag.

What if I want to Pre-Order?

If you ore-order directly from our store, it will detect your IP automatically and you will purchase a copy of the game suitable for your region. If you pay in a local or European currency you will have an EU copy of the game, if you pay in Dollars you will have an NA copy of the game.

If you want to play in a different region to the one you are in, we recommend you purchase a copy of the game from a 3rd party retailer. But again, if you're NCSOFT account is a different region to the copy of the game you have purchased you will get the Code Unusable error.

Hopefully that helps a little and should clear things up. Feel free to direct users here who may be having issues.

(Please note this thread may need to get updated once the Carbine folk get in and can clarify a few things)

Cheers,

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#2 FaCePaLmS

FaCePaLmS
  • Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

Was just about to open a post of my own asking these exact questions... glad I spotted this one :D

However, I am sad to see we will require seperate accounts and subscriptions if we wish to play on both the NA and EU regions.

Is this set in stone or is there a possibility Carbine may change their mind on this, can we get some clarification from the Devs please?

I was personally hoping Carbine would go the same way as other recent offerings on the market by giving you a specific NA or EU account while still allowing you to access all regional severs.

If this isn't going to change can Carbine please introduce a legitimate way for UK/EU players to setup and pre-order NA accounts directly from them before Open Beta and Launch?

Instead of having to purchase through a 3rd party or use a VPN/Tunneling service to trick the NCSOFT systems into identifying us as NA customers.

However this pans out, it would be nice for customers who wish to access both NA and EU servers to have a clear way forward on how to go about this to make sure we get our pre-order bonuses and name reservations in both regions before Open Beta and Launch.

Cheers

• Mokiki likes this

#3 Siuko

Siuko
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:55 AM

Is there any actually way on your account page to tell if you have been deemed EU or NA? :D

If not could this possibly be added?

I was in the beta a while back using a key from mmorpg.com (which I guess is NA)

I have pre ordered via your website and have attached the key to the account.

But.... its not overly obvious which region it thinks I am? Nice little flag or NA / EU wouldn't go a miss please :D

#4 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

However, I am sad to see we will require seperate accounts and subscriptions if we wish to play on both the NA and EU regions.

Is this set in stone or is there a possibility Carbine may change their mind on this, can we get some clarification from the Devs please?

Also, if this isn't going to change can Carbine introduce a legitimate way for UK/EU players to setup and pre-order NA accounts directly from them before Open Beta and Launch?

Instead of having to purchase through a 3rd party or use a VPN/Tunneling service to trick the NCSOFT systems into identifying us as NA customers.

To my understanding, there are currently no plans to add cross-region play/access and changing the current store system to allow people to buy a different region would be very difficult/require a lot of time.

Currently, we recommend that users who wish to play in a different region to their own buy a copy of WildStar from a 3rd party retailer in that region and create a new account.

Is there any actually way on your account page to tell if you have been deemed EU or NA? :D

If not could this possibly be added?

I was in the beta a while back using a key from mmorpg.com (which I guess is NA)

I have pre ordered via your website and have attached the key to the account.

But.... its not overly obvious which region it thinks I am? Nice little flag or NA / EU wouldn't go a miss please :D

I believe they are looking into adding a way to say what region your account is for, however I don't have any extra details I'm afraid.

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#5 Boumba

Boumba
  • Guests
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

I'm from Quebec, Canada. I did pre-order from an euro store as i will want to play on euro server.

But there is currently no way to see on our wildstar account on which region our account is linked.

That info should be available to see on our account in a near future.

• Dragnarok likes this

#6 FaCePaLmS

FaCePaLmS
  • Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

To my understanding, there are currently no plans to add cross-region play/access and changing the current store system to allow people to buy a different region would be very difficult/require a lot of time.

Currently, we recommend that users who wish to play in a different region to their own buy a copy of WildStar from a 3rd party retailer in that region and create a new account.

I believe they are looking into adding a way to say what region your account is for, however I don't have any extra details I'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply Anlath,

The problem i'm having is obtaining a NA pre-order key. I've gone to the usual online providers and the feedback I have gotten is because I live in the EU region they aren't allowed to sell me a NA pre-order key.

So as of right now i'm stuck unless Carbine or NCSOFT lifts these restrictions (if its them who have put them in place).

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers

#7 MacHaggis

MacHaggis
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

What is not entirely clear to me:

If I already have access through preordering, does that mean I can give away my key to a friend instead of using it myself?

#8 Arbelos

Arbelos
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

So by region-locking you mean EU players will be "stuck" on EU servers and cannot access the US ones? That could be a pain for those who have real life friends on the other side of the pond and want to play together. Oh well, probably someone making money on that somewhere, much like always with region-locking.

• Kassy likes this

#9 KazeSky

KazeSky
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

If you ore-order directly from our store, it will detect your IP automatically and you will purchase a copy of the game suitable for your region. If you pay in a local or European currency you will have an EU copy of the game, if you pay in Dollars you will have an NA copy of the game.

So just to be clear, 

If a NA player used a EU code for one beta-weekend then decide to pre-order directly from NCSOFT store, he will get a NA copy of the game and his account will be set for NA automatically?

#10 DanJonMin

DanJonMin
  • Guests
  • LocationLewes, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

A further question to add to all the rest, but one which perhaps doesn't have an easy answer:

I preordered from a third party side (GMG), because hey, it was the cheapest! I payed in £ using the GB section of their site, but I applied multiple beta keys well before I pre-ordered the game. I cannot remember for the life of me which region the website giving me the original beta key originated from, or indeed which website I used (because beta panic). So, I am worried that, although my preference would be EU, I have ended up redeeming a pre-order key on an account that could, potentially, have originally been activated with an NA beta key.

Will a key pre-ordered from a third party using an EU ISP always be an EU key, or are they universal? Is it possible that I have ended up in the wrong region?

#11 maxzyn1020

maxzyn1020
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hey folks,

We're starting to see a lot of people asking about EU/NA accounts, due to the recent beta weekend email with the two keys. As there does seem to be a lot of confusion, and not everybody is aware of the issues/problems, here's my attempt at a breakdown to explain it all;

I got a beta weekend invite email with keys for NA and EU servers but there are no EU Servers/Realms what do I do?

Relax. Currently all beta weekends occur on NA realms (servers) and EU folk can access these just fine. What IS important is using the key that matches your NCSOFT Account region.

Why does it matter what region my account is?

Your NCSOFT Account will be tied to either North America or Europe (this is usually determined by the first beta code you applied after we announced pre-order). If you try to apply a code that is different to your account's region it won't work and you get the "Code Unusable" error detailed here: https://support.wild...Unusable-error-

One the EU realms are brought up, WildStar will be region locked. So EU accounts will only be able to access EU Realms. NA can only access NA realms and so on.

I get that Code Unusable error! What do I do?

You'll need to contact our Support Team so they can help you out. Check the link above for more info.

So what key should I use from my email then?

In theory, you should use the key that matches the region you want to play in. So if you are an EU player and want to play on EU realms at launch, use the EU key etc.

If you have already created an NCSOFT account using a previous beta weekend key (from a gaming site etc) then you could have two options;

1) Your account is already set to the region you want to play in (because you got a key from a site belonging to that region). In which case you can just apply the key you need and you should be good to go.

2) Your account is set to a different region than the one you want (because you used a key from a site belonging to the other region). In which case you will need to either create a new account and use a key from the right region (easiest option) OR contact support regarding the code unusable error described above.

So just to be clear, even if I use an EU code I can still play this weekend right?

That's right. You'll be able to play, but you will be on the NA Realms so you may experience some latency/lag.

If you want to play in a different region to the one you are in, we recommend you purchase a copy of the game from a 3rd party retailer. But again, if you're NCSOFT account is a different region to the copy of the game you have purchased you will get the Code Unusable error.

Hopefully that helps a little and should clear things up. Feel free to direct users here who may be having issues.

(Please note this thread may need to get updated once the Carbine folk get in and can clarify a few things)

Cheers,

im gonna start telling about a frustation that i have... after serch and buys keys radomly just because i cant find i way out to play on NA servers... i tryed to buy i key from retailers NA servers key but when i apply they key it auto redirect to europe so dosent matter its is impossible now for european players to play the game.. ihave  lost a lot of money because of  this bullshit region locking im so sad that i wont be able to play this game with mey guild mates and frinds because they are going to play on NA servers and since i leve in Norway i wont be able to play with.. that means that i wont play this game at all ... this was the best game ever and but i wont play it because i cant play it with my friends so this is the worst GAME EVER ... THANKS!

• SiegaPlays and Kassy like this

#12 blugorilla

blugorilla
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

so i finally got my beta key and it says playable from the 4-25 to 4-27 checked an re-checked the site and have seen nothing about these days being a beta weekend. can anyone confirm?

#13 Flashduck

Flashduck
  • Members

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

So... I used the european beta key but in the install screen i picked North America. Now it says no realms available.

#14 Sconforto

Sconforto
  • Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

So... I used the european beta key but in the install screen i picked North America. Now it says no realms available.

me too, what we should do?

#15 DanJonMin

DanJonMin
  • Guests
  • LocationLewes, UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

im gonna start telling about a frustation that i have... after serch and buys keys radomly just because i cant find i way out to play on NA servers... i tryed to buy i key from retailers NA servers key but when i apply they key it auto redirect to europe so dosent matter its is impossible now for european players to play the game.. ihave  lost a lot of money because of  this bullshit region locking im so sad that i wont be able to play this game with mey guild mates and frinds because they are going to play on NA servers and since i leve in Norway i wont be able to play with.. that means that i wont play this game at all ... this was the best game ever and but i wont play it because i cant play it with my friends so this is the worst GAME EVER ... THANKS!

If you've already sunk your money, what i'm about to say probably won't help, but if you can find a way to get your money back, I would suggest you grab Google Chrome and the "Hola" proxy app. Activate a US proxy and buy the game, it should sell you an NA key.

so i finally got my beta key and it says playable from the 4-25 to 4-27 checked an re-checked the site and have seen nothing about these days being a beta weekend. can anyone confirm?

Confirmation:

https://forums.wilds...ctric-boogaloo/

Start Countdown:

http://www.timeandda...ar Bonus Beta 2

Information about the NA Beta Client:

http://www.reddit.co..._for_eu/cgzy3qg

TL;DR: The EU servers will become available for the Open Beta (which is expected to start in May).

#16 Saurializ

Saurializ
  • Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

If this isn't going to change can Carbine please introduce a legitimate way for UK/EU players to setup and pre-order NA accounts directly from them before Open Beta and Launch?

However this pans out, it would be nice for customers who wish to access both NA and EU servers to have a clear way forward on how to go about this to make sure we get our pre-order bonuses and name reservations in both regions before Open Beta and Launch.

^this.

Right now, most of the retailers check your IP to redirect you to the correct version (NA or EU) of their site. Or when you try to grab a NA version, they say you need to be in the US (like Amazon.com does). Which is incredibly annoying. Most of my friends are in the NA, I want to play with them, potential lag be darned!

I'm sorry, but telling people to somehow grab a US version of a key (when it's been said is easier said than done) by BUYING it after they bought one (therefore buying twice the same thing, because of an stupid region-locking) because they used it to enter the beta is borderline insulting.

• Kassy, Mokiki and gwaha like this

#17 Mokiki

Mokiki
  • Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

[...]

I'm sorry, but telling people to somehow grab a US version of a key (when it's been said is easier said than done) by BUYING it after they bought one (therefore buying twice the same thing, because of an stupid region-locking) because they used it to enter the beta is borderline insulting.

Wholeheartedly agree

#18 Ventus713

Ventus713
  • Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hi, I've been playing the beta test and have loved it, but there's a weird problem that I've noticed at times, sometimes at random I lose connection, I mean that's not a big deal at all, its the next part that worries me, when I go ahead and log back in it will sometimes say *Someone else is accessing this account*. I had changed my password to something completely different (and to be honest would be very surprised if anyone actually guessed it) and the next day it cuts out again, i log in and then the same message pops up. I don't know if its a glitch or if someone has been using my account. Anyway, love the game and I would recommend it to everyone.

#19 MollyCoddle

MollyCoddle
  • Members
  • Locationuk

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

TL;DR: The EU servers will become available for the Open Beta (which is expected to start in May).

Where can I find confirmation/refutation that the EU servers will be available during Open Beta and when is Open Beta ?

I've been trying to find this information stated by a 'real' source rather than by a forum member for a while now, to no avail.

#20 Zenfoldor

Zenfoldor
  • Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Where can I find confirmation/refutation that the EU servers will be available during Open Beta and when is Open Beta ?

I've been trying to find this information stated by a 'real' source rather than by a forum member for a while now, to no avail.

I don't think they would announce an exact open beta date while there are still closed beta incentives for pre-orders. More should be known officially after the final beta weekend.