The healing torrent nerf greatly hurt Spellslinger healers in PvP. Runic Healing is simply a horrible ability for PvP and Dual Fire doesn't heal the Spellslinger. The problem is that without Healing Torrent all the spellslinger heals either have limitations on targets OR cooldowns that make using them in a regular rotation pointless/impractical. Not to mention the added problem of limited Tier points. Due to pvp focus problems Spellslingers pretty much have to pickup Gather Focus and thanks to Diminish they are pigeon holed into putting it at Tier 8. So they don't have the Tier points available to put into the Support Line.
A couple Proposed Solutions-
1) Allow Dual Fire to heal the Caster (This way you can rotate between this and Healing Torrent)
2) Allow Runic Healing to heal the Caster AND another Target (This way you can actually effective use this as a Filler. Soothe and Emission put this skill to shame)
3) Revert the nerf to Healing Torrent and remove the Cooldown (Back to square one)
4) Remove/Reduce the cooldowns of Vitality Burst and/or Sustain to 3 seconds or less. (Once again this allows Spellslingers to use a diverse healing lineup without having to use impractical abilities for PvP)
5) On top of the other options Carbine should consider removing diminish from Gather Focus so PvP healers can put Tier points into a more broad healing arsenal (You can't expect us to use 3-4 different healing skills and then not provide us the tools to make those abilities useful)
Once again, I believe the purpose of this nerf was to diversify Spellslinger heal rotations but was done without much thought to how it would affect PvP Spellslinger Healers. In PvE you can get away without having so much in the utility tree but in PvP this is horribly damaging.
Edit- (Since I feel this is being overlooked, or misunderstood. Below are some examples explaining the issues of this)
Example 1- Healing another Player. (Using Healing Torrent and Dual Fire)
Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Dual Fire(1.6sec)-->0.1 second deadspace-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Dual Fire(1.6sec)
As you can see, we are able to rotate between Healing Torrent and T4 Dual Fire to maintain 100% healing uptime on an ally. (That very small deadspace can be overcome by picking up the 15% CD reduction in the Utility Tree) So.. healing other players is NOT an issue.
Example 2- Healing yourself. (Using Healing Torrent, Sustain and Dual Fire)
Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Sustain(1.8sec)-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->1.7 second deadspace-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Sustain(1.8sec)
Even though I listed Dual Fire, you can't use this to heal yourself. Why did I list it then? Well, because you'll need it to effectively heal your partners. As you can see this healing lineup creates a 1.7 second period that will burn you. So this means.. every 6.1 seconds (2 Healing Torrent cycles) you will have to endure a 1.7 second deadspace. Let's put more Math into this. (1.7secs divided by 6.1secs = 28% of the time) So we have almost 1/3 deadspace.
Example 3- Healing yourself (Now we are expanding and using Healing Torrent, Sustain, Dual Fire AND Vitality Burst)
Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Sustain(1.8sec)-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Vitality Burst(2.6sec)-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->Sustain(1.8sec)-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)-->1.0 second deadspace-->Healing Torrent(1.3sec)
Once again, we STILL run into a scenario with another deadspace! Although this is far more tolerable than Example 2. So even using this scenario we have (1.0sec divided by 12.4sec = 8%) So even using a scenario with 4 heals you still have to endure nearly a 10% downtime.
As you can see, this is an issue. Please realize this. I know I am a "hardcore PvPer" but that doesn't mean we should go live with a system that eventually will lead us to required downtime. The only effective way to avoid downtime at the moment is Runic Healing but this ability is horrible for PvP. Carbine, please consider some of the recommendations I have made in order to allow PvP Spellslingers a smoother healing rotation.