Photo

Will Exile Humans / Cassian eventually share all hairstyles?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Makoto

Makoto
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

POPULAR

Same as title.

I'm finding that I like one groups hairstyles over the other.  I'd really like to see them completely shared ... I mean they are both humans, so I don't see why they shouldn't by launch time :P

"I am a scientist, I have to act on my own theory. I can't let my emotions get in the way. But it's impossible to forget everything...because i've known you for longer than we've lived. This is reality. This is the world." - Kurisu

#2 Kromulous

Kromulous
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

I raised this question a few months ago and apparently this was originally the case and that they were divided because people were upset that humans had more options than the other races.

#3 Jnight

Jnight
  • Members
  • LocationCorner Brook, NL

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

As much as I agree with you ( Especially when some cassian npcs have exile hair...) I believe it was shared in an earlier beta build but later removed before stress beta started. So I doubt they will go back on that. 

Antimatter

NA - EST - PVE -  Dominion - Semi-Hardcore - Raiding - Pergo (PvP)

#4 Makoto

Makoto
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hmm well that sucks. I'm hoping they change their mind... all of my favorite hairstyles are on the opposite teams human race >.> Kind of kills a huge portion of the mass amount of customization they are boast a lot (for me at least... yes I understand character creation is only a small portion of whats customizable, but its by far my biggest focus outside of gameplay itself)

"I am a scientist, I have to act on my own theory. I can't let my emotions get in the way. But it's impossible to forget everything...because i've known you for longer than we've lived. This is reality. This is the world." - Kurisu

#5 Glitch79

Glitch79
  • Members
  • LocationPortland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

I think that part of the racial aesthetic for the Cassians is their more clean cut hairstyles, as is demanded by their insane AI (So far as I know of the story) leader. The Exiles have no such rigorous expectations of their troops and thus have the tendency toward more creative or wild hair.  I believe these differences are important for maintaining the stereotypes portrayed by the two factions.

Much like the radical vs conventional hairstyles as seen in the world today.

DrGlitch - Mordesh - Medic - Avatus                                             [THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Hyperbole - Aurin - Spell Slinger - Avatus

#6 Imhugi

Imhugi
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

The whole reason why carbine put 'human' race on both side was to try and balance out the population (or so I heard), so why should they limit the hair/face/whatnot selection so that people end up having to choose anyways. As it stands male Cassian hair all just looks ridiculous imo. (maybe save for one cowlick hair) You'd think as more disciplined militaristic faction of the two, it'd have more short hair styles.

I really wish they'd rethink it and implement it. Limiting one race's choice to combat other race's lack of choice isn't really a good answer to the 'problem' in the first place.

#7 Imhugi

Imhugi
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I think that part of the racial aesthetic for the Cassians is their more clean cut hairstyles, as is demanded by their insane AI (So far as I know of the story) leader. The Exiles have no such rigorous expectations of their troops and thus have the tendency toward more creative or wild hair.  I believe these differences are important for maintaining the stereotypes portrayed by the two factions.

Clean cut? Have you seen Cassian hair styles? Female ones are wild and male ones are either some form of bald/shaved or frilly foo foo hair.

#8 BrandX

BrandX
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I raised this question a few months ago and apparently this was originally the case and that they were divided because people were upset that humans had more options than the other races.

Hopefully they change this.  That's just silly.  I plan to main an Aurin, and I still think they should share the features, even if this gives humans more options.  

#9 Makoto

Makoto
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I dont see how, even with an "insane AI" or what ever, that it would affect their hairstyles.  Plus, the ones they have, aren't exactly "clean", they aren't messy either .. but they are wild thats for sure.

#10 Glitch79

Glitch79
  • Members
  • LocationPortland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Look at current businessmen's haircuts. Now compare them with radical anti-government hair styles.

DrGlitch - Mordesh - Medic - Avatus                                             [THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Hyperbole - Aurin - Spell Slinger - Avatus

#11 Azexton Hunter

Azexton Hunter
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Honestly I can understand why they might segregate certain hairstyle, but at the same time I find it silly.  There are some fantastic Hairstyles on the Exiles I would love to see on the Cassians and I have an entire Clan who agrees.  Some people may defend having these separated, but I'd wager more people would really love to see the hairstyles and facial options combined again.

Kiith-Sa Hunter (MHX)

Marquis Azexton Hunter

Nightmare Reaver

#12 Ildur

Ildur
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

What is really odd is that there are NPCs all over the place that have Exile hairstyles and faces on the Dominion side, and NPCs with Cassian styles and faces on the Exile side. Maybe it's a remnant from when both had the same options, but I find it quite weird. It kind of implies that hairstyle depends on the genetic or something.

#13 Attoreion Hunter

Attoreion Hunter
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

One of the main arguments I hear about the hairstyles, is that the Lore implies that Exiles and Cassians have distinctly different looks.  The trouble with that is, that when you look at the hairstyles there is no theme to one side or the other.  Like several have said above, They both have clean cut styles and both have wild styles.  There is no pattern or reason that anyone can visibly discern other than to limit customization on either side.  

In fact, if you think about it, Exiles originated on the same planet as Cassians, they were just commoners.  So it makes more sense that they would actually share some aspects of their cultures.  Hairstyles would obviously be one of them.   I can understand different face options as one group is supposed to be spliced from a nonhuman race.  But the hair and beard styles shouldn’t have much if any deviation from one another.

That aside,  it also seems silly that a modern barber wouldn't be able to style an individual's hair any way they desired.

Customization was supposed to be one of this games High points.  It would be a shame for it to fall short on one of their very first and basic promises right out of the gate.

#14 SniperCT

SniperCT
  • Members
  • LocationSin City, NV

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

1000000x yes please.

#15 Zeroden Hunter

Zeroden Hunter
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

So....this exists.

WildstarHairSamples1.png

Human on your left, Cassian on your right.

Same hair style, minor changes. Enough that if you liked that hair style, but didn't want a fruity pony tail, well screw you because that's some how more militaristic?

Then you have this:

Wildstar2.png

In this case, you have two exiles, under the exact same condition as the human/cassian dilema, only they have the choice of both with and without fruity ponytails.

Well, if my avatar has not been an indication, I HAPPEN TO LIKE FRUITY PONYTAILS, AND THE HAIRSTYLE ON THE RIGHT, but I'm also kind of a militaristic guy, because I share a similiar name and outfit as Azexton and Attoreion up there.

The bottom line: Fsck me.

Merge the hairstyles, because it makes NO sense not to. Why give the player LESS customization, when you can just give them more?It's not like hair is going to be the determining factor in discerning the enemy from an ally. "OH CRAP HE HAS VEGETA HAIR, IT'S AN EXILE! Wait, and there's a slightly shorter Vegeta hair behind him....do we have Vegeta heads?"

It makes no sense not to.

-Zeroden

Kiith-Sa Hunter (MHX)

Scya-Lord Zeroden Hunter

Soulforge Reaver

#16 Ansirem Hunter

Ansirem Hunter
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

It would be nice to have all the hairstyles for all

#17 Evion

Evion
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

I agree with the desire to have the hairstyles shared between both sides again. I'm hoping that maybe after launch, perhaps they'll introduce a barbershop and make the old selection of hairstyles from Closed Beta available again.

#18 Zeroden Hunter

Zeroden Hunter
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

I agree with the desire to have the hairstyles shared between both sides again. I'm hoping that maybe after launch, perhaps they'll introduce a barbershop and make the old selection of hairstyles from Closed Beta available again.

Evion, I was hoping they'd have one in place already. Was actually kind of surprised that they didn't. It just seems like a logical step in this era of MMO.

-Zeroden

Kiith-Sa Hunter (MHX)

Scya-Lord Zeroden Hunter

Soulforge Reaver

#19 Makoto

Makoto
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

It just doesn't make sense then NPCS of Cassian have Exile hair, then people use the "INSANE AI" thing as reasoning for players not being able too.  If the NPCs can, it breaks the lore entirely.

#20 Azexton Hunter

Azexton Hunter
  • Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

Really makes no sense at all and there doesn't seem to be a strong backing for lore reasons because of the NPCs and because the hair styles are so similar.  I really just wish they'd combine them.

- Azexton Hunter

Kiith-Sa Hunter (MHX)

Marquis Azexton Hunter

Nightmare Reaver