Name/Guild reservation and servers

name reservation servers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Snakebee

Snakebee
  • Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

So for the reservation thing, I assume we'll need to choose a server and then reserve our name? One thing that worries me is what if you choose a server that happens to be way overpopulated and then at launch day you're sitting there with like a 5 hour queue to connect to the server? I like how SWTOR tried to accommodate this, basically they let you create a guild, and then you and your friends could be linked to the guild and then were assigned a server. Maybe one thing that will help is to figure out which communities are going to which servers (neogaf, 4chan, reddit etc) and avoid those. I know it hasn't been officially announced yet how it will all work out but I thought it wouldn't hurt to share my concern.

#2 Aera

Aera
  • Members
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

My concern is only if they will actually give us a list before they make us reserve, so that people have time to deliberate and prepare; decide which server the a guild and that guild's alliances will settle on. Second concern is how many servers there are - underpopulation is a more serious concern, so I hope they don't create too many servers and have most of them useless. A bit of overpopulation is good, because soon after launch the rush will settle, and people will start to even out to the other servers if they think their current server's queue is too long. Underpopulation causes most people to flood out of all servers but one or two.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant. ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

#3 Silentdeath

Silentdeath
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

well 2 weeks from launch is when reserving starts so fingers cross that a list comes out.

#4 MadBlue

MadBlue
  • Members
  • LocationHiroshima, Japan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

According to Scooter and Buiden, EU servers will be available before Open Beta, so it wouldn't be surprising if whatever other servers they're going to launch with are available then as well. :)

#5 Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar
  • Members
  • LocationOCMD

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

According to Scooter and Buiden, EU servers will be available before Open Beta, so it wouldn't be surprising if whatever other servers they're going to launch with are available then as well. :)

This is pretty much my assumption as well. They could release new servers with each official beta weekend like they did last time. I would love for them to roll out all their intended PvP servers sooner rather than later so Icon can make its decision on our new home.

Mahanaxar the Mohawked Mordesh Medic

Officer of <Darkhand> (Pago-PvP) - http://www.the-darkhand.com

Check out my WildStar Parody Song Videos, follow me @MahanaxStar, and/or subscribe to YouTube.com/MahanaxStar

#6 Buiden

Buiden
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Sorry for the confusion, my wording was very poor.

We are currently planning to have EU servers available at the start of open beta (not before).

I am also not sure when we will be releasing a full server list.

Lead Software Engineer -- @CRB_Buiden

#7 MadBlue

MadBlue
  • Members
  • LocationHiroshima, Japan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Sorry for the confusion, my wording was very poor.

We are currently planning to have EU servers available at the start of open beta (not before).

I am also not sure when we will be releasing a full server list.

Ah! OK, that'll still give people a chance to settle there and iron out any problems with region lock before launch, so that's good news in any case. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: name, reservation, servers