Cigar as facial hair style for male granok

Granok Male Cigar Facial Hair Style

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 solifer83

solifer83
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

In videos alomost every male granok is smoking that cigar, and that looks great. It makes them some sort of bad ass.

So, as I was watching the warplot part of your PAX-Livestream, I had this Idea. Can you make this cigar as a facial hair style for male granok? Even if it doesn´t look as good as the rendered cigar, it would be a fun thing for male granoks!

Is there someone else that wants his oder her granok smoking that cigar?

And Devs... thanks for listing  :D

#2 Clankiie

Clankiie
  • Members
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

Perhaps the cigar should be a headgear loot from one of the higher level dungeons.

Just for costume purposes.

#3 Galactic007

Galactic007
  • Members
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

no way no how are they going to get cigar smoking playable characters past the ESRB

or their in house lawyers

or a swag of other government bodies who frown ( to put it mildly) on cigar/ciggarette advertising/marketing to children

#4 FerralKoala

FerralKoala
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

Costume cigar would be awesome !

#5 BlackestDawn

BlackestDawn
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

Champions Online has options for cigar/cigarettes as "mouth pieces" and yet only has a Teen rating, same rating as Wildstar, so I don't see why they couldn't do it.

#6 solifer83

solifer83
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

I thought too about a cigar as costume headgear, but I´m afraid that this cigar would not move properly with the face animations. Thats why I suggested the cigar as a facial hair style, that would be propperly animated.

But if it is impossible to make that, I would also take the cigar as costume headgear  :)

#7 BloodySunBoy

BloodySunBoy
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Cigar for facial hair would be daaamn cool.

#8 impgirl

impgirl
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:11 AM

You think smoking makes someone look bad ass? Seriously?

#9 solifer83

solifer83
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

No, I don´t think smoking makes someone looks badass, it makes people addicted!

I also do not think grabbing a gun or a sword and killing everything in sight is very smart. But it what we do in Wildstar.

It is simply the granok with the cigar that looks bad ass, and not the smoking itself.

#10 Shnoo

Shnoo
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

Good idea! If we can do all this silly stuff ingame, we don´t need to do it in RL. :-)

And please this one for female Aurin! ^^

Es kann nicht sein, was nicht sein darf.

Christian Morgenstern

#11 ewilan

ewilan
  • Members
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

Can I have a carrot for my Aurin, please?

true neutral or neutral good, must know all the things

#12 Magbark

Magbark
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

Nice idea, but I wouldn't put it as facial hair, maybe add complement options to customization?

#13 NerdEsq

NerdEsq
  • Members
  • LocationThe MON!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

There is already a thread asking for this here. You're better off keeping the request all in one place so that Carbine can get a better gauge of how many people actually want this, whether it will happen or not.  :)

https://forums.wilds...e-cigar-option/

MrUniverse, Crisis Manager

<You Cant Stop The Signal>

Officer of 8 Bit Tavern - Exile - Pergo

#14 Raxsyn

Raxsyn
  • Guests
  • LocationId10t-ville

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

Love the idea, but I would also suggest having it as a facial option when creating your character.

Thanks

#15 GothicShark

GothicShark
  • Members
  • LocationMarina Del Rey, California

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

honestly we need the Cigar Item as a head piece, sure it'll get flak from the PC crowd, but it'll be cool.

What... I need to say something, don't I? ... Naaa. :lol:

#16 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Good idea! If we can do all this silly stuff ingame, we don´t need to do it in RL. :-)

And please this one for female Aurin! ^^

Idk, that one seems more Mechari or Cassian

(maybe mechari would have a vapor one...)

The Aurin's would have to be a bedazzled and stickered up version of that that spews bubbles instead of smoke.

Important things from head to tail

#17 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Nice idea, but I wouldn't put it as facial hair, maybe add complement options to customization?

This would be good. The game's missing an "adornments" type customization option anyway - makeup, piercings, scars, accessories...~ Toss in a cigar for the granok!

"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#18 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

This would be good. The game's missing an "adornments" type customization option anyway - makeup, piercings, scars, accessories...~ Toss in a cigar for the granok!

All of the ladies have an accessories tab.

The males replace it with a facial hair tab. :T

Important things from head to tail

#19 Ratstomper

Ratstomper
  • Guests
  • LocationDeep in the Ozark Mountains

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

no way no how are they going to get cigar smoking playable characters past the ESRB

or their in house lawyers

or a swag of other government bodies who frown ( to put it mildly) on cigar/ciggarette advertising/marketing to children

Carbine can direct them my way and we'll all sit down for a cigar and a nice chat and I'll set 'em straight. 

Rowsdower Pergo Server

Gryff - Exile Spellslinger

#20 Tinfix

Tinfix
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

Idk, that one seems more Mechari or Cassian

(maybe mechari would have an vapor one...)

The Aurin's would have to be a bedazzled and stickered up version of that that spews bubbles instead of smoke.

Some Aurin faces look like they're into a lot heavier stuff than mere bubbles. I assumed it was licking frogs in Celestion.

Cassians need monocles too! Jolly good what what.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Granok, Male, Cigar, Facial Hair Style