Photo

To people thinking the artifact imbuement quests are 80-man raid content...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 magnitarz

magnitarz
  • Guests
  • LocationThat windy place with the city

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

literally was just a ctr-c ctr-v

#22 Alesmord

Alesmord
  • Members
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

I cant believe that people misunderstood what he said, for me it was pretty clear. You will fight 2 bosses at the same time that will be equal of a fight of 80 man (taking in count that each boss is a 40 man boss). But no, you are not a 80P group, the fight it is equivalent to a 80P fight thats it xD

#23 Kaimick

Kaimick
  • Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Transcript:

Joe: The last step of that [quest] line is gonna require that you kill two forty-man raid bosses at the same time. Special ones, they're summoned only for this, that you will never have seen before.

Frost: Hold on, did you say at the same time?

Joe: It's essentially an 80 player raid fight.
-------------------------------------------------------

Bold added by me for emphasis. I don't know about the rest of you, but it's pretty clear from my rudimentary grasp of English what the word "essentially" means.

edit: added link to the video

you kill two forty-man raid bosses at the same time. Special ones, they're summoned only for this, that you will never have seen before.

Now here is the real question and I think people have over looked this. From the sounds of this you wont come to a raid boss in a 40 man and then summon an extra one, rather you summon 2 40 man raid bosses. Now does that mean you can summon them anywhere? Probably not since there will more than likely be a set location in where you summon them, and more so in DS in an off shot area of the dungeon. thoughts anyone ?

#24 Borken

Borken
  • Members
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I jokingly suggested earlier that the pink weapons will just have a clicky to spawn the 2 bosses.  This is obviously the best solution, as it will cause 0 problems everywhere else in the game.  I promise.

Valor (PvX - Dominion)

Progression Raiding • Competitive PvP

Currently Recruiting Badasses

#25 CRB_7ofswords

CRB_7ofswords

Lead Systems Designer

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

That's not at all what he meant in the PAX Panel.

He meant that the final portion of the imbuement quests for the artifact weapons require you to summon a second boss during a specific raid encounter in the 40-person raid content. In doing so, you fight both bosses at the same time with your 40-person raid group.

It was worded a bit awkwardly when he said "80-person raid" for fighting both bosses, but what he meant was that the difficulty of fighting both bosses is simply put double the difficulty as it is an equal-footed raid boss.  So you essentially have a fight on your hands that would separately require 40 people per boss because these are two 40-person raid bosses, but you have to fight them both with your 40-person raid.

The point of the comment was to show the immense difficulty of achieving these final artifact imbuement quests, because you have to have an extremely capable and determined 40-person group.

When I said an encounter balanced for 80 players, I meant an encounter balanced for 80 players.

And it won't be in an instance.

#26 WaWaa

WaWaa
  • Guests
  • LocationMorocco

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

loool

S it's like thunderaan, for the thunderfury quest in wow... a world boss then...

#27 Madds

Madds
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

raidbosses demolishing Ilium/Thayd Godzilla style? :P

#28 Alesmord

Alesmord
  • Members
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Sooooo... That changes everything O.o

Now think in all the posibilities, 2 world bosses, PvP server, 80 players killing a boss... Yep, my game is going to melt with all the things happening at the same time xD

#29 Blezzle

Blezzle
  • Members
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

When I said an encounter balanced for 80 players, I meant an encounter balanced for 80 players.

To be more specific, because it still feels a bit ambiguous. The current maximum raid size is 40 players. Are you saying that it is an encounter that is balanced around, thus requires 80 players. Or are you saying that it is an encounter that is balanced around 80 players that must be achieved with a 40 man raid thus increasing the difficulty 10 fold.

/r/Wildstar Moderator - AvengedX - Stay Classy Dominion.

#30 Lysdexia

Lysdexia
  • Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

To be more specific, because it still feels a bit ambiguous. The current maximum raid size is 40 players. Are you saying that it is an encounter that is balanced around, thus requires 80 players. Or are you saying that it is an encounter that is balanced around 80 players that must be achieved with a 40 man raid thus increasing the difficulty 10 fold.

I'd see it as two 40-player raids working together to defeat both bosses.  I'd imagine some sort of close coordination would be needed, probably to keep them separate, but maybe not too separate if the raids have to switch between them periodically, and to kill both bosses at the same time.

#31 Alesmord

Alesmord
  • Members
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Well they said that it is not instanced so my guess is that its going to be an Open World encounter, so I think that 80 people can hop in and try to do their best while fighting the bosses, the only problem I see if that it is open world, having 80 players killing 2 bosses and then having dominion coming out of nowhere (80 more?) I have to say that yes, my computer is dead already :(

Another thing that now I am thinking is if those bosses are going to drop some kind of loot - gear? and are these the bosses that were promoted as World Bosses?

#32 Glacius

Glacius
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

I can only imagine the amount of ganking that will occur if it happens in a contested zone on a pvp server. Now I'm remembering the days of the corrupted green dragons in vanilla. :)

#33 Kaimick

Kaimick
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

And this is why this game alone will be successful, with direct responses from the gentlemen that created the content input on it and them showing that they ( even though the are busy) still have time to come on and clarify something like this truly hows you guys are people of your words. Thank you for that.... the devs are truly listening 

• willcraft likes this

#34 Arawulf

Arawulf
  • Members
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

This is outstanding. If I knew someone was about to achieve their final imbuement quest, I'd drop everything to go help them get it. This are the moments you remember years down the road. Not will those players earn the right to wield the best of the best, the moment is enjoyed by a minimum of 79 other people who will all tell their friends. Now that's what you call a carrot to chase after!

• Kataryna and willcraft like this
Owner of WildStarFans.net - Host of the Planet Nexus Cast - GM of Star Travelers
Winner of CBT 3 Housing Contest "Most Joyous Wedding"

#35 Medieval

Medieval
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

I can only imagine the amount of ganking that will occur if it happens in a contested zone on a pvp server. Now I'm remembering the days of the corrupted green dragons in vanilla. :)

More than likely they will put an anti ganking method up. Seal off the area, the boss puts a buff on the raid and anyone who doesn't have said debuff instantly dies if they attack someone or get hit by the bosses AoE etc etc.

Or the simple fact that there will be 80 people in raid level gear and pink weapons running around that you might not want to *cupcake*with.

• DeaHamlet likes this

Medieval | AVID | Spellslanger
Join Team Avid in an upcoming or current title
| WoW | WildStar | Pantheon | EQNext |

#36 Mogwai

Mogwai
  • Guests
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

So like this?

groupshot23.jpg

Here a video of 300 players killing this boss

https://www.youtube....h?v=kGSIPbSI-9M

you could only spawn him with the legendary Bindings of the Windseeker to create this weapon: Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

What chua gonna do when they come for you?

#37 Kaimick

Kaimick
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

So like this?

groupshot23.jpg

you could only spawn him with the legendary Bindings of the Windseeker to create this weapon: Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

I am sure the 2 raids bosses will take longer than 3 minutes to kill but sure like this 

#38 Bennehmaru

Bennehmaru
  • Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

So like this?

groupshot23.jpg

Ok this screenshot has freaked me out a little bit, I was in that guild...

Pretty sure that's Quantumdelta (pally) on the left hand side of the screenshot!

#39 Cedr

Cedr
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

Then you bleep-ed up royally at Pax East, because you said it's 'essentially' an 80 player raid fight, not that it 'is' an 80 player raid fight, and you said nothing about it being open world.

The words are right there in the Vid from about 25:00 to about 26:30.

Also the use of 'won't be', instead of 'is not' in this statement implies that it is not currently being done yet, which is contrary to what you said in the Vid as well.

#40 Mnemon

Mnemon
  • Members
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

I think you'll be able to have group sizes up to 80. They mentioned this in one of the warplot videos - it'll take the first 40 into the warplot, but you can have up to 80 in the group to allow for backups.

Mnemon | Spellslinger

Guild Leader | Death's Fist | A Dominion PvX Guild on Widow

Our Story | Philosophy & Beliefs | New Member Application