• This topic is locked This topic is locked
637 replies to this topic

#621 DeaHamlet

DeaHamlet
  • Guests
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

Dat Femshep tho

Bioware got my love forever even when they butchered DA2.  Femshep kicked ass, was so happy when they started showing her off.

I get it, devs, you don't care about hair styles and costumes... You shouldn't have tried to pretend, I might have liked you anyway. Now I feel like I'm at a dinner with some guy from the Internet and I find out he is really not a gamer, he just plays FIFA. I mean, he might be hot and all, but I can't help but feel like I was sold a bunch of baloney. 

- Main character currently: Daemona Atreides on Entity (still wtf about our server name)

#622 Ratstomper

Ratstomper
  • Members
  • LocationDeep in the Ozark Mountains

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

Granok mullets...

granok.jpg

and maybe a goatee?

Do I forsee a Snake Plisken granok in the future? Ohhhhman!

Rowsdower Pergo Warhound Server

Gryff - Spellslinger | Torq - Engineer | Phineous - Esper

#623 Vyver

Vyver
  • Members
  • Locationbetter than everyone

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Ya could have said so earlier, though. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what you were taking umbridge with.  ;)

oh I'm pretty sure I described it in words, it just may have been lost under pages of nitpicking what specific words mean

really though, its a side effect of having to repeat myself all day every day

sometimes you just assume 

don't forget that this is a dangerous job, merely implying that female characters need to be altered sets up a beacon that attracts all kinds of people insinuating that you must be a huge prude because you think the same picture of a half naked woman is boring, and that even suggesting that female characters wear the same armor would kill the entire game industry on the spot (or that you're a sexist because you don't focus on men as much as you do women) I have to have my eyes and and claws out in threads like this, so even the most neutral question feels like an attack

my reflexes betray me 

• Roda, Spider Bro Jenkins and DeaHamlet like this

sadie brightland dies

#624 Spracket

Spracket
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Granok mullets...

granok.jpg

and maybe a goatee?

Brock Samson :o:O

• Spider Bro Jenkins and Kholrabi like this

#625 Ratstomper

Ratstomper
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

oh I'm pretty sure I described it in words, it just may have been lost under pages of nitpicking what specific words mean

really though, its a side effect of having to repeat myself all day every day

sometimes you just assume 

don't forget that this is a dangerous job, merely implying that female characters need to be altered sets up a beacon that attracts all kinds of people insinuating that you must be a huge prude because you think the same picture of a half naked woman is boring, and that even suggesting that female characters wear the same armor would kill the entire game industry on the spot (or that you're a sexist because you don't focus on men as much as you do women) I have to have my eyes and and claws out in threads like this, so even the most neutral question feels like an attack

my reflexes betray me 

Understandable, but don't forget that no amount of sensible arguments help when people are getting the claws. My apologies for not understanding what you were saying beforehand.

• Spider Bro Jenkins likes this

#626 Vyver

Vyver
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Understandable, but don't forget that no amount of sensible arguments help when people are getting the claws. My apologies for not understanding what you were saying beforehand.

naw its fine I apologize for being a butt

some people only deserve the claws though (you can probably guess who those people are)

• Spider Bro Jenkins likes this

sadie brightland dies

#627 Spider Bro Jenkins

Spider Bro Jenkins
  • Members
  • LocationIn Zexel's cold embrace.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

To be honest, I was fully expecting an uproar over feminine Chua features. Thanks for proving me wrong.  :)

This week's Convergence is 4 Hammers.  :P

#628 Ratstomper

Ratstomper
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

naw its fine I apologize for being a butt

some people only deserve the claws though (you can probably guess who those people are)

Guess...? Hell, I bet I can spit on them from this distance....

• Roda likes this

#629 Seztren

Seztren
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Guess...? Hell, I bet I can spit on them from this distance....

Way to talk smack about someone that does not share your own opinion, just saying. 9_9

Vermana - Dominion - Mechari Female Engineer - Entity (Not by choice.) - KotK Officer - For Science Member - 6/6  || 15/15  ||  7/7 (Pre-Matrix <3)

#630 Vyver

Vyver
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the love is gone

that was a cheery 20 minutes though, I'll always remember it in my contagion infected heart

sadie brightland dies

#631 Ratstomper

Ratstomper
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Way to talk smack about someone that does not share your own opinion, just saying. 9_9

I don't mind anyone who has a differing opinion. 

I do mind when people are rude about it. 

You weren't who I was talking about.

#632 Seztren

Seztren
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

I don't mind anyone who has a differing opinion. 

I do mind when people are rude about it. 

You weren't who I was talking about.

I know who you were talking about, and I agree that was rude. A lot of people in this thread have been quite rude about that topic though. I think it's better to just be the bigger man/woman/robot/chua and leave it be. If anyone keeps being rude in here they're gonna get banned, so let them.

Vermana - Dominion - Mechari Female Engineer - Entity (Not by choice.) - KotK Officer - For Science Member - 6/6  || 15/15  ||  7/7 (Pre-Matrix <3)

#633 Naunet

Naunet
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Ah, ok. I understand the idea of more distinction via race as opposed to gender. I don't think that's a bad idea at all. I don't necessarily agree that Granok women should be as thick as granok men or that Mordesh males need be as slender as Mordesh females, there should be some distinction between sexes....but I certainly think Mordesh females should be more distinctly slender than Granok females, which isn't necessarily the case at the moment. Am I getting close to what you're thinking?

On the topic of slenderness - Mordesh really aren't. They'd be slender if they were... well, Roda linked an amazing artist earlier so I'll just link this image. Slender is more than just tiny waist, tiny ankles, tiny wrists. Mordesh women, with their massive chest and extremely curvy buttocks (which they shake rather disturbingly in their run animation) don't exactly exemplify slender either. It'd be awesome of the men and women were both actually slender! That would give them an extremely unique silhouette compared to the other species.

• Roda, Spider Bro Jenkins and Seraseth like this
"Song dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

#634 Ratstomper

Ratstomper
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

I know who you were talking about, and I agree that was rude. A lot of people in this thread have been quite rude about that topic though. I think it's better to just be the bigger man/woman/robot/chua and leave it be. If anyone keeps being rude in here they're gonna get banned, so let them.

The fact of the matter is I've been reading and rebutting disjointed arguments in this thread all day and eventually worked to some context and understanding. I think saying I'm trash talking anyone with a different opinion is a little disingenuous. 

So, don't give me your $%@#, buddy and/or madame.

#635 Walrius

Walrius
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

To clear things up once and for all, I didn't call anyone sexist because they didn't talk about the male characters as much.

I called people sexist because they clearly stated that exaggerated female bodies are more demeaning than exaggerated male bodies.

There's an exact quote of this that I replied to before, if anyone is interested it's up there.

Anyways, I'm done arguing about this for now.

Though my feelings haven't changed.

Goodnight everyone.

#636 Walrius

Walrius
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

male mordesh, humans and mechari need to be more slender. their torsos are too wide for the aesthetic they're going for and for the mordesh and mechari, work against the regal and elegant flavor of their races

you're right that male characters are aesthetically unpleasing, but when it comes to aesthetically unpleasing and completely demeaning and boring, the latter is always going to eek out ahead in terms of what needs to be fixed first. I don't need to "rage" (apparently discussing things on the internet is raging now, beware I might barf acid blood vomit all over you) about anything I don't want to.

It's ironic that you complained about policing discussion, but here you are outright ordering me that I must talk about B if I talk about A. I'm going to talk about what I want to talk about, admit I'm correct, keep discussing this with me, or ignore me.

"but when it comes to aesthetically unpleasing and completely demeaning and boring, the latter is always going to eek out ahead in terms of what needs to be fixed first."

Choice quote, classic passive aggressive sexism.

Just for good measure, to prove my point. c;

Totally done now, goodbye.

#637 Roda

Roda
  • Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Sigh

#638 Chillia

Chillia

Community Moderator

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

Hi Folks,

Some passionate arguments here, however, the original topic was regarding the character customization patch notes, and since this thread has veered well off topic for quite some time I am going to lock it for now. Please keep our code of conduct in mind in regards to staying on topic, and refraining from insulting one another. 

Thank you

- Team WildStar